Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oprah is more batshit insane than ever: "My Favorite Things," 2012

Indulge in the delight in unmitigated greed and pure commodity fetishism: a national annual tradition.

As always, the best part is the studio audience's faces when they realize they've been elevated to the level of The Chosen by being allowed to be part of Oprah's giveaway (starting at 2:48).

by Anonymousreply 4212/05/2012

Celebration of pure, unmitigated greed.

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

The times they are a changin!

Oprah has lost any cutting edge she may have had; she's not evolving with the time.

Pimping out expensive shit that the MAJORITY of AMericans can't afford is ridiculous and completed tone deaf to current events.

She needs to retire and go away for a long time. She can come back in 10 years as a beloved figure in America culture.

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

She has become the official mascot of the consumers high American holiday known as Black Friday. Plus it probably eases her conscience given her shocking wealth.

by Anonymousreply 311/19/2012

Watching this, a couple of things occurred to me -

1 - Oprah is a drunk - as is Gayle. That's why she can't control her weight. She was as fat as she's ever been and looked bloated and unhealthy.

Also - she was higher than a kite in this vid - probably pills on top of booze.

She's so surrounded by sycophants blowing smoke up her ass it's no wonder she's lost touch with reality. Sadly, she's also surrounded by enablers.

She's in a really bad place right now and I think the shit will hit fan soon.

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2012

Witness the long term effects of Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

Couple of things, Oprah is not a drunk. She loves to give stuff to people. Several years ago I worked with her and she was always giving gifts through out the project. She also loves to shop. She picked out all the stuff herself and yes she goes to stores herself and shops. Her bodyguard goes with her and out of make up most people dont notice her. She will keep shopping until she begins to draw attention.

Next thing Oprah is like an 8yr old girl in a grown woman's body. She is very kid like at times as you see in the video. That is just her, no booze, no drugs.

No I don't know if she and Gayle are lovers.

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2012

Oprah's heart is in the right place. That's what really counts. And yeah, she's having problems with her network. So let's cool it with the nasty comments, okay? Be a little nicer.

FIRST: These are giveaways to people who have been working their assess off doing nice things for other people. These people don't have much because they've been focused on helping others. She's not just randomly throwing shit at people. These people who get the benefit of such things truly deserve it. Sure they may go a little crazy. But most people would. And don't say you wouldn't, because you're lying.

No one is forcing you to go out and buy the things she chooses. She's just trying to give the good life to people who could use it. That touch of Winfrey.

There's really no reason to be so bitter over this.

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

"She loves to give stuff to people."

She doesn't "give" those freebies to her dimwit audiences. They're donated by companies who want the publicity. All she does is scream "you get all this wonderful stuff!" and her minions bow down to her and worship her. She probably comes hard when they do!

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

I guess the "favorite Tequila" thing at the end was just her being a kid? I've watched Oprah for years - there is a different vibe to her personality in this vid - kind of a frenetic, manic edge that reeks of someone on medication.

Plus I think the inability to maintain her weight - despite all of the resources at her disposal - is very indicative of someone with a drinking problem. Been there. Done that. The alcohol dependency makes it impossible to practice restraint in what you eat, control caloric intake, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

[quote] FIRST: These are giveaways to people who have been working their assess off doing nice things for other people. These people don't have much because they've been focused on helping others. She's not just randomly throwing shit at people.

This group may have worked their asses off helping other people, but the people who were guests on The Oprah Winfrey Show Favorite Things episodes weren't.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

I was at my neighbor's house last night and she had on Oprah's Favorite Things--so I watched for a bit. What bullshit. All I kept on thinking was, godammit, can you imagine how much her staff people have to kiss Oprah's ass in putting that piece of crap together?

It was just one constant scene of indulging and fawning over Oprah about the stupidest items that you can just buy at Macy's.

Sure, Oprah has done plenty of good things in her career. But her 'favorite things' show isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

She a big fat hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

Did any of you even watch it? The audience was 30 Army wives, well 29 Army wives and one Army husband. They told their stories and we got to know a bit about each one.

The reaction was actually much more muted this year than most because of the intimate gathering. Lord, can anyone really object to everyone in this audience being given a trip for two to Fiji?

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

I think Oprah is sincere in her exploration of spirituality and putting it on TV.

But this kind of thing, no matter who the recipients may be, negates a lot of her nobler intentions.

Plus she's still rich enough to completely support a multitude.

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2012

What the fuck are those black things on the corners of her eye dripping down? Can't they put make-up concealer the same color of her cheeks?

by Anonymousreply 1611/19/2012

I think Oprah has a compulsive eating problem. Doesn't matter whether she has a cook, a personal trainer, a treadmill and whatever else it takes to help her lose weight - she may STILL be cramming in the carbs and calories too. I bet she is also a food hoarder and a sneak eater ("If nobody sees me eat this, it doesn't count!").

She needs therapy but will probably never admit that to herself.

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2012

Is she still feuding with Beyoncé?

by Anonymousreply 1811/19/2012

Well r9 the stuff she gave to us no one was watching. There were no sponsors there. She bought the stuff and it was evident she enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 1911/19/2012

I love Big Mama O!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2011/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 2111/19/2012

That "BEES!" gif never fails to crack my up; that and the one with Tom Cruise shooting lightning out of his hands.

by Anonymousreply 2311/19/2012

...crack ME up, that is.

by Anonymousreply 2511/19/2012

"Wow so someone cannot be spiritual and enjoy material things at the same time?"

Though not mutually exclusive, most spiritual traditions do ask us to put the desire to collect massive piles of crap into some sort of perspective. But what, really, is the point of discussing spirituality and Oprah Winfrey. She's a not particularly book smart woman who has been trying to figure out how she ended up so rich without having to acknowledge who she stepped on to get there. Consequently, she's vulnerable to whatever charlatan of the moment has captured somebody's attention. For Christ's sake, the woman promoted "The Secret" as *the* answer.

by Anonymousreply 2711/19/2012

If you go on ebay, you'll find every last one of those things on sale or sold a few weeks ago--the show was taped. Her recipients would much rather have a check for $13K or whatever than the sundry crap that's her idea of good taste. That's why this is so offensive. Because it assumes that Oprah has more taste than the average joe, when, in fact, her taste is pretty dreadful. Not that mine is great but I'd never inflict it on a group of strangers. Not everyone wants a cashmere sweatsuit and a trashcan filled with carmel corn.

by Anonymousreply 2811/19/2012

BIG as a HOUSE!!!

by Anonymousreply 2911/19/2012

[quote] "Wow so someone cannot be spiritual and enjoy material things at the same time?"

Her true spirituality was exposed when she revealed that she actually hired someone to design her *personal* space in which she could exercise her spirituality.

by Anonymousreply 3011/19/2012

[quote]Oprah's heart is in the right place. That's what really counts. And yeah, she's having problems with her network. So let's cool it with the nasty comments, okay? Be a little nicer.

Shove it up your ass, Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 3111/19/2012

Oprah Power isn't what it used to be. She didn't influence the election, for example. Wonder is she knows that her boy, Tommy is searching for a new wife. If so, is she shopping for new couches?

by Anonymousreply 3411/19/2012

R25, being upfront and "accepting" your self-destructive behavior - but not wanting to actually do anything about it - means you need therapy.

That's like my dad saying, "Yeah, I'm a drunk, so what? That's just me. AA sucks and I'm just gonna have a good time until I croak."

by Anonymousreply 3511/19/2012

Comcast is bad enough. I won't pay for OWN. What exactly did she give to the chosen?

by Anonymousreply 3611/20/2012

Can't stand her

by Anonymousreply 3711/20/2012

I thought she show was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 3811/20/2012

I can't stand her! This woman is so addicted to attention like heroin. She is using the same old trick by gaining people's attention by giving free things. Also she can't accept that her TV station sucks ,and its time turn the switch off and move on!

by Anonymousreply 3911/20/2012

So, is the point that her brand tries to appeal to lower-middle class and working class women, but that she actively promotes luxury good items that neither they nor most comfortably middle class women can afford?

Like her channel isn't on basic cable where most of her audience resides?

Oprah has a fundamental disconnect. That's all, folks.

by Anonymousreply 4011/20/2012

At this point I don't believe anyone can be an audience member for any Oprah taping and not on some level hope that it could be a favorite things show. The possibility must always be in the air and so the laughably extreme reactions to the announcement always seems exaggerated and dishonest. If I ever got to to to any Oprah-related taping, I'd be like bitch this better be a favorites things show!

by Anonymousreply 4111/20/2012

Oprah must really be eating up a storm now.

I have revealed that Nigerian philanthropist, fashion designer & oil tycoon Folorunsho Alakija is beautiful, black & Grio Mag Says Also The Richest Black Woman In The World..

That has got to hurt, huh, Oprah? This woman is wonderful to behold, wow!

Now there is a Christmas Surprise Favorite Thing For Me To Celebrate After All:

Your M2

by Anonymousreply 4212/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!