Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Marco Rubio: Actual Age Of Earth Is 'One Of The Great Mysteries'

"I'm not a scientist, man."

Rubio, you douchebag, it's fine if you're not a scientist; however, it's not fine to deny science just to start your 2016 presidential campaign and please the Christian fundamentalists.

The world didn't begin with the bible schmible bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3011/20/2012

Could Rubio be any more transparent so as to not offend the fundies?

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

I wonder whether he believes the nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

Nothing like willful ignorance and Rhe Republican Party

by Anonymousreply 311/19/2012

Everyone with a brain knows the age of the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2012

Amazing, Rubio can say that with a straight face and he's not even blonde. But he is a pandering motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

He's pandering, clearly. He's catholic. If nothing else, the catholic church has at least acknowledged evolution.

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2012

I know he's a fundie dumbass, but there's a surprising interesting/good book called The Man Who Found Time, based on geologist James Hutton, the man who first calculated the age of the earth. It was kind of mind-blowing at the time and the Christians were none too please because he obviously calculated an age much older than the 6000 year standard most people believed at the time. Billions of years older. Honestly, all of you go read it now.

The Man Who Found Time

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2012

This moron is a member of the Committee on Commerce, SCIENCE, and Transportation.

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

This pathetic show pony is so transparent you can see his lunch turn into shit through his form-fitting suit.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

Rubio's lack of a functioning brain is another one of the great mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

How did man co-exist with the dinosaurs? It would've been terrifying back then not knowing what monster was lurking right around the corner to eat you? I'm glad I didn't live back then.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

Marco is not very good with time. That is why he thought his parents fled Cuba because of Castro, when in fact they left several years before Castro came to power.

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

Could we ever have a politician who has a shred of honesty, especially these friggin Repugs who turn stupid, bigoted, nonsensical or just plain liars when it comes to any of these social issues or religious crap?

by Anonymousreply 1311/20/2012

With Rubio AND Akin both on the Committee on Commerce, SCIENCE, and Transportation it's no wonder the US is falling behind on technology. Corporations only fund R&D for immediate concerns leaving the long term research for the Feds.

by Anonymousreply 1511/20/2012

A political party that denies science to pander to their base.

Nice.

Be proud, GOPers!

by Anonymousreply 1611/20/2012

"People will vote for him on here because he's hot."

Um, no. People here used to slobber over Scott Brown but he lost big time.

by Anonymousreply 1711/20/2012

He's not hot besides. He looks like a Cuban Baby Huey.

by Anonymousreply 1811/20/2012

Isn't Rubio the guy who was raised Mormon, then became Catholic, but attended a Baptist Church? No wonder he's confused.

by Anonymousreply 1911/20/2012

It isn't that difficult a concept to say that evidence points to more than millions, billions of years, but my faith allows for the creation of an old Earth. He did sort of go for that SEVEN AGES thing as a cop out.

by Anonymousreply 2011/20/2012

Polititians and their little eggshell dance. So transparent it's almost entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 2111/20/2012

When Sen. Rubio was a child, his family moved to Las Vegas and joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So why do we only hear about Romney when political talk turns to prominent Mormons? Because Rubio’s family left the Church just three years later and eventually returned to Catholicism when he was 11 years old.

However, Rubio wasn’t done sampling faiths, according to his own memoir. He currently attends both Catholic mass in Washington and a Southern Baptist megachurch in South Florida.

by Anonymousreply 2211/20/2012

Those SBC megachurches really turn out the voters. We have four of them here and a huge Evangelical Presbyterian and all of the local politicos belong to one of them.

by Anonymousreply 2311/20/2012

The SBC megachurches are churches in the same way gulags were simply educational institutions.

by Anonymousreply 2411/20/2012

They just won't learn.

Just keep it up GOP...... Get as fucking stupid and backwards as you can. Why stop at the earth's age. Why not say the earth is flat.... that the sun revolves around the earth... Both of these things espoused by the church at one time.

We'll have 9 liberal judges on the Supreme Court for the next 30 years the way this is going!

by Anonymousreply 2511/20/2012

I'm delighted that this is perhaps the most prominent Republican presidential hopeful. Imagine a debate where Gillibrand says "You do not know the age of the Earth and yet you feel qualified to be running for the highest office in the land."

by Anonymousreply 2611/20/2012

Admittedly my blond hair is showing, but on what basis do fundies think that the Earth isn't that old? Obviously there are gaps of time in the Bible. Even if you take it fairly literally, how did all of those people go out and multiply so quickly? Must have taken a little while for The Grand Canyon to develop as well. Why does it make that much of a difference to fundies anyway? What scientific proof exists to educate the ignorant?

by Anonymousreply 2811/20/2012

Rubio, you douchebag. I'm no scientist, either man. But you don't have to be a scientist to believe in rough estimates of the earth's age as determined scientist based on hard evidence...unless of course you're pandering to the religious nutcases who want to deny everything scientific.

by Anonymousreply 2911/20/2012

[quote]"I'm not a scientist, man."

"I'm not a high school graduate, man."

by Anonymousreply 3011/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.