Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Restaurants with 'attitude'

It always amazes me when you go to a restaurant and get attitude at reception.

My question, for those who've worked them, why? Is it just bad luck hiring or are there actual business rationales for manning the front door with bitches?

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2012

It is the same problem with people who get hired on someone else's dream. They didn't work it from the ground up. People with "attitude" don't get that because they've never owned their own company. Find the owners and complain. The owners wouldn't risk having attitude with potential loyal clients but their employee may feel comfortable having "attitude" because it doesn't directly effect them. A hostess or medical office receptionist can make or break a business. Owners/investors want to know if someone they've hired is ruining their dream. Always remember this, find the appropriate person to report to and make owners aware. If you're having a problem with an employee's attitude the odds are that most people are experiencing the same problem. The odds are that the employee offender has a history of problems at work. Their social security pages usually hint at their personality disorders with spotty and inconsistent work records. Often some are getting mental disability checks from governments. That's often the biggest hint you've got a dud of an employee.

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

You only work in a shop, you know.

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

I vould you like you to check your coat.

No thank you. Other people are sitting with their coats.

Oui monsieur, but zey have NICE coats, not a PEA coat. *cough*

by Anonymousreply 311/19/2012

What's worse are the cunts who work in high end retail. Often they might be earning very little, but they have a uniform allowance with the place and act like they're the Queen of Sheba when a customer walks in.

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2012

I hate the snooty shop bottoms at Hermes or Todd.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

R1 makes fascinating points. Any insights from people who work these rooms?

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2012

Just stick with the Olive Garden, OP. They won't wrinkle their noses at you there.

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2012

OP is hanging out in the wrong places. Go to Dennys or Ponderosa, you rarely ever get understandable English, so you can't ever tell what the attitude is like.

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

"I hate the snooty shop bottoms at Hermes or Todd."

Totally agree.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

Are you talking about Guy Fieri's Times Square diner?

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

10 bucks says that R1 was a Romney supporter.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

Its VERY expensive.

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

When I was younger, I wasn't self confident enough to be aware that cunty restaurant hosts or hostesses were unacceptable. I was "taught" that THAT was the sign of a "real classy" place. Now that I am older, it's total bullshit. And if someone is not NICE and pleasant and doesn't smile and be helpful, then I will not be back and I will tell everyone about how shitty the people there were. It's once and OUT for me. I, personally, don't PAY for attitude. Seems like one would have to have some low self esteem to put up with all that cunty "looking down their nose at you' shit just to say you ate at blabbedy blah. No way.

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

Yelp is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

I don't understand why the business owners put up with it. I've managed three restaurants in my time, and I was ferocious in my demand for my employees to give consistently excellent customer service.

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2012

How do you stare down maitre d's or waitrons or salespeaople with attitude? I've never figured out how to put them in their place when they're being cunty.

by Anonymousreply 1611/19/2012

[quote]How do you stare down maitre d's or waitrons or salespeaople with attitude? I've never figured out how to put them in their place when they're being cunty.

"Darling, you're not fierce enough to carry off that level of cunt."

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2012
Need more help? Click Here.