Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Cory Booker , Chris christie Race Next Year Is Going To be One For The History Books

its going to be interesting to say the least .

by Anonymousreply 2811/21/2012

Is Cory really willing to have his private life exposed? There's always someone from a politicians past willing to come forward for a price, be it a gay man or white woman, both of whom would put the kabbosh on votes for Cory by the black community.

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

so there are gay rumors ? wow this is news

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

R1, just so you know, the gay rumors were started by Sharpe James' reelection people the first time Booker took a stab at running for mayor - and lost to Sharpe. And let me add that I find that ironic. (Yes I do know that Sharpe has a wife and three sons, and had the slutty looking mistress.)

I'm not convinced Booker is gay or even bi. (And for the record, I was one of the DLers who posted, before people outside of NJ knew who he was, that McGreevey had to be gay.)

Last week Booker announced that given Hurricane Sandy (translation: given the way the state approved of the way The Fat One responded to the crisis), he was going to postpone his announcement as to whether or not he would run for governor until next month.

There were rumors that Booker would try for Frank Lautenberg's senate seat instead, but Lautenberg - who's about 197 years old now - implied he would eat Booker alive if he even tried to run.

by Anonymousreply 311/19/2012

Cory is not ready to run for president. He is a fine sincere guy but has only risen to the mayoral level. He runs a town that is smallish, has a rotten reputation and is still deeply troubled and dangerous, despite Cory's hard work.

Can't happen.

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2012

R4 here, stupidly referred to presidential and not governor race. Sorry. Will read TNR now.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

Cory Booker is a douche bag and hopefully Christie will wipe the floor with him.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

NJ has already had a gay Governor (or two).

The only diff. is that McGreevy was a closeted creep.

If Booker was openly gay, I think NJ would support him, because it's a very progressive state, despite all the goombahs.

If Booker is straight, then there's nothing to see here.

The fact is, he just has to be honest w/the people. I think he could be a good Governor, so long as he comes clean.

(PS, I really hated those "Booker rescues so-and-so from fire!" stories earlier in the year. They totally seemed like FAKE publicity stunts.)

by Anonymousreply 711/20/2012

Christie is in good standing with NJ. He'll be reelected with no problem, unless he has a heart attack soon.

by Anonymousreply 811/20/2012

[quote]Cory Booker is a douche bag and hopefully Christie will wipe the floor with him.

Hi, Governor Krispy Kreme!

by Anonymousreply 911/20/2012

Is it true if you say "Fat Fuck" three times, you'll see Chris Christie in your mirror?

by Anonymousreply 1011/20/2012

[quote]Is Cory really willing to have his private life exposed?

No need to worry about that. I keep my private life very private.

by Anonymousreply 1111/20/2012

A bland mayor from a failed city. Awesome choice.

by Anonymousreply 1211/20/2012

The city failed long before Booker. He has made some positive changes. Things have been improving since he became mayor.

by Anonymousreply 1311/20/2012

I think Lautenberg's seat is a good idea. The democratic machine can't talk him into retirement? He is 88 years old!

by Anonymousreply 1411/20/2012

I'm in AZ but Christie was the BEST politician during Sandy. I had never heard of him, but I'd vote for him... if someone can get me a write ballot.

I know shitty .. wait I already said I live in AZ.

He's aces

by Anonymousreply 1511/20/2012

[quote](PS, I really hated those "Booker rescues so-and-so from fire!" stories earlier in the year. They totally seemed like FAKE publicity stunts.)

They are.

I said this on another thread, but many city residents refer to him as Mayor Cheese because he never misses an opportunity to promote himself.

And I also mentioned that most of the members of the city council can't stand the guy - some refusing to attend any public event if they know he's going to attend.

BTW, it's disheartening that Rachel Maddow, who I otherwise really like, thinks highly of him and buys into the PR.

by Anonymousreply 1611/20/2012

I would certainly trust Rachel Maddow's informed opinion of Cory Booker sooner than any disgruntled Newark residents or their (no doubt) corrupt city council members.

by Anonymousreply 1711/20/2012

[quote] he never misses an opportunity to promote himself

and yet I remain blissfully unaware of anything he's achieved as mayor. umm, like what?

didn't Rachel and he go to college or grad school together?

by Anonymousreply 1811/20/2012

R3 Sharpe James' people started gay rumors about Booker? It is to laugh. Sharpe has been on the down-low his whole married life. The mistress was a beard. Everyone in Newark knows that. Talk about pot and kettle.

Nothing definitive about Booker being gay. He pings, I think.

I'm local, and I don't see that Booker has done much to improve the quality of life for most residents. There is an area around Symphony Hall in downtown Newark with its surrounding bigger business offices that is upgraded. The greater part of the city continues to be crime ridden and impoverished.

by Anonymousreply 1911/20/2012

We need a better candidate than the obvious whore for money, Corey Booker.

by Anonymousreply 2011/20/2012

Francis needs to run.

by Anonymousreply 2111/20/2012

Christie will win releection no matter whom the Democrats nominate. Unless we can snag a Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 2211/20/2012

Fuck Cory Booker and his Wall Street fellating ways.

by Anonymousreply 2311/20/2012

Why do some people think Booker betrayed Obama?

by Anonymousreply 2411/20/2012

Rachel and Cory go way back, to before either of them came to prominence. They knew each other at Stanford, and are both Rhodes Scholars

by Anonymousreply 2511/20/2012

[quote]I would certainly trust Rachel Maddow's informed opinion of Cory Booker sooner than any disgruntled Newark residents or their (no doubt) corrupt city council members.

Her "informed opinion" comes from Booker himself (i.e. his famously endless tweets).

And I'm neither a Newark resident nor do I work for the city.

R19, I think you mean NJPAC and not Symphony Hall, right? Because the area around SH is pretty ragged, although there are those trying to revitalize the nearby Lincoln Park area - although they have their hands full.

by Anonymousreply 2611/21/2012

Recent Cory Booker interview for those interested.

by Anonymousreply 2711/21/2012

Thank you R26 yes I did mean NJPAC.

I worked for the city for many years. Silly slip.

by Anonymousreply 2811/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.