Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fun movie recommendation

Tuck and Dale Vs. Evil.

by Anonymousreply 711/21/2012

Tucker and Dale. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

Yep, Tucker & Dale was good, trashy, subversive fun.

I'll second that rec and raise you The Ref, an oldie from 1994 with Kevin Spacey, Judy Davis and Denis Leary. It's season-appropriate, with a Christmastime setting, but it's a nice dark, sardonic counterpoint to all the treacle showing everywhere right now.

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

Nuns on the Run.

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

Yes, it's hilarious; a good double feature with 'Shawn of the Dead.'

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2012

There's a movie called Doomsday that is just balls-off-the-wall crazy and fun. From the title you would assume that it would be a post-apocalyptic flick, and you would be right, but it's not what you think. It's completely fucking ridiculous in a good way, and not at all sour and depressing.

So blah, blah, blah, there was a virus years ago and the British government walled off Scotland to contain it, and now years later the virus has broken out again on the outside, so they send a team into the walled off Scotland b/c survivors~initial virus~now intolerant.

Anyway the movie picks up there and it is just fucking crazy from that point on, like someone tried to fit in every trope and stereotype of every apocalyptic story every. It was glorious, and deliberately over the top. Mad Max type lunatics, cannibals, a medieval society that sprung up, king and all; it was just this melange of ridiculousness in the best way.

There are some interesting bits where the revert the story back to government in London and how they are dealing with the virus. Hot Arab daddy Alexander Siddig plays the Prime Minister, and he has an advisor that is a sniveling, conniving asshole, who very obviously plotting some bullshit.

I don't know how to explain it. The whole time you are saying to yourself "what in the land of fuck am I watching" to "this is the most awesome ridiculous thing ever"

by Anonymousreply 511/21/2012

I just watched this 2 weeks ago and was very pleasantly surprised-- really funny movie!

The bear is hot too!

by Anonymousreply 611/21/2012

District 13: Ultimatum - It's a French action movie, not too serious, with great stunt work. Two extremely fit actors literally bounce off the walls among other moves.

by Anonymousreply 711/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.