Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dominion Wackiness Post of the Week: In a Van Down by the Birthing Pool

Melody may look like Chris Farley in a long, dark wig, but her lady parts work just fine, thank you. "From being at the birth center, I knew I wanted to try water birth this time around. Instead of renting a birth pool, we ordered a small kiddie pool to use as a birth pool instead. At around 34 weeks, I started having some episodes of regular contractions, so [my midwife] put me on restricted activity. It wasn't bedrest, but we wanted to make sure baby stayed put a few more weeks. I started to worry we wouldn't get the home birth I'd dreamed of-- SC law doesn't allow home births before 37 weeks." Um, wait a minute... I thought it was a *good* thing for the state to be all up in the collective cooch? Not when it's you and your choices, huh?

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1811/19/2012

Dataloungers, this will be my last weekly post, but I will drop by from time to time and post about the "big" stuff like weddings, births, and deaths. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 111/19/2012

Oh my.... husband and wife look like brothers.

Say it isn't so!

Or at least, say it's not for any kind of dire issue in your life?

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 211/19/2012

Everything's fine, r2. I just won't have the time anymore. Thank you for your kind words!

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 311/19/2012

DWT I will miss you!! Please post when you can. I always enjoy your posts and have looked forward to Mondays because of them.

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 411/19/2012

Do Dominionists need to make everything look a bit Amish? What's wrong with sticking the baby on a set of scales? Instead, the midwife has it bundled up like it's read for a stork to come and pick it up.

Also, that woman looks suspiciously similar to her husband.

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 511/19/2012

They certainly don't worry about fixing themselves up to look attractive do they?

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 611/19/2012

What is this obsession with home birthing they all have?

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 711/19/2012

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 811/19/2012

DWT, I hope you have a big project in the works. You will be missed! Yes, many dominionists seem a bit Amish. I recently went to a friend's house whose parents are dominionists. You would never know it by looking at them, Mom was a nurse, dad is a lawyer and they're loaded but they live in a barn. It's been converted into a house but the whole thing is done up in 80s country style (every surface is stenciled) and they have a bunch of goats in the back yard. The mom spends all day in the kitchen and refuses to have a dishwasher, microwave or even a food processor. They are SOOOO sad about Romney so it put a pall on the day.

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 911/19/2012

Well, DWT. We knew you couldn't post weekly forever, so I will just continue to look for you every so often.

Don't forget us over at!

I will always remember your self-description with such glee: "I am neither male nor female, but I am 100% troll!"

Bon voyage wherever your busy-ness takes ya!

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1011/19/2012

Big hugs & thanks! You have been one of the most informative and thought-provoking posters around.

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1111/19/2012

Stop saying goodbye!

DWT is simply saying he/she will cease Monday morning postings, but will still post occasionally...

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1211/19/2012

Also, I'm very surprised that South Carolina has ANY laws about home birth.

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1311/19/2012

DWT, your posts here were my "gateway drug" to all things Dominionist-watching. I echo MJB's plea - please continue to visit us at, we need you!!

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1411/19/2012

Which one is the mom? It looks like Esther has 2 dads.

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1511/19/2012

r15: BWAH!!!!!! I had that thought, but first wanted to give my best regards to DWT-who-is-not-going-away-just-posting-less, I get it, I get it!

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1611/19/2012

Mom&baby sure are lucky but I wish that they wouldn't promote home births. I know of too many cases where mere seconds made the difference in emergency medical intervention, preventing tragedy.

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1711/19/2012

"SC law doesn't allow home births before 37 weeks." Um, wait a minute... I thought it was a *good* thing for the state to be all up in the collective cooch?"

There's no way the midwife wants to deliver a preterm baby at someone's home, she's quoting state law to get her client to accept her refusal to participate in a dangerous situation. Or so I assume.

by DominionWackinessTrollreply 1811/19/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!