Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is there a moral, historical, or etical argument to be made as to why it is wrong to show people pictures of your kids?

if not make one up.

by Anonymousreply 1411/20/2012

It's dangerous for the little ones!

Anyone -- anyone! -- could be a pedophile predator waiting to pounce! Showing them pictures of your kids -- especially when they're acquaintances or colleagues who know where you and the kids live, or can find out easily -- is like sending out an engraved invitation to the perverts!

How's that, OP?

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

It might cause a barren woman to begin stalking you, hoping to kidnap your three year old girl to put in the nursery that she's been adding to since 1991.

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

Your kids are boring--it's immoral to waste people's time.

by Anonymousreply 311/19/2012

[quote]Your kids are boring--it's immoral to waste people's time.

That's pretty much what I was going to say also. Some people might find it interesting, but I'm not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2012

I enjoy seeing my friends' kids on Facebook, particularly the ones who live far away.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

It's incredibly painful for those who have miscarried, can't have kids, or tragically lost a child. It could also bring up devastating memories for people who have had siblings die when they were young. You never know who carries silent pain.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

Well this isn't a moral or ethical argument, but if you put pictures of your kids out there someone might appropriate those pictures for uses you might not approve of.

by Anonymousreply 711/20/2012

Can I have copies of those?

- the pasty middle-aged creepy guy in the accounting dept.

by Anonymousreply 811/20/2012

A snapshot on an office desk or some sharing between friends or acquaintances? That's fine and it would be weird if some mutual sharing didn't go on.

But if you're blogging about your kids with the intent of sharing it, showing their pics to the world, and yammering on about their behavior and their perceived inadequacies, then it's fucked up. I'm talking about Facebooks or blogs that are not private.

by Anonymousreply 911/20/2012

Showing people pictures of your kids forces them to lie and say they find them "beautiful," "interesting," or not "terrifyingly reminiscent of a mass murderer."

by Anonymousreply 1011/20/2012

Op you are an asshole. Stay home.

by Anonymousreply 1111/20/2012

I love my nephews.

I draw the line at being required to watch a 1hr DVD of an infant school show featuring said nephews.

MY PARENTS drew the line at being required to watch a 1hr DVD infant school featuring beloved grandsons...

by Anonymousreply 1211/20/2012

r11 sounds like either a frau of a "Mary!." You are not DL material....please go play with your care bears.

by Anonymousreply 1311/20/2012

Children featured in advertisements are always more photogenic than your children and they usually have their shit together.

Pick commercial photos and simply say your kid looks like a fatter, shorter lazy-eyed version.

by Anonymousreply 1411/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!