Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What is this obsession with One Direction?

They look like little trolls.

by Anonymousreply 10611/26/2012

and (most of) the NKOTB, Backstreet Boys and NSYNC all looked like they got out prison.

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

Are we being victimized by a guerrilla marketing campaign or are there really several gay members?

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

I don't understand what goes on in all those One Direction threads. Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2012

The boybands of the past actually had talent. 1D...not so much. 1D is a manufactored band of talentless pretty boys. The next generation of tween fan will be looking toward a different pop star or group within a year.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

They all look so young, too. I'm just not into them. Eww.

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2012

Yes, R6 is correct. They look 14, which is why the eldergay pedos around here want to talk about them.

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2012

They made history for the Brits in America.

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

The people who post on the One Direction thread appear to fall into the category of Brits who are in their 30's, sad, lonely straight women and a couple of deluded gay basement dwelling men who think that Harry is the future Mick Jagger due to his 'charisma'. Apparently they bought the PR machine ideas fed to them by label.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

They were first introduce on Xfactor Uk and had a brilliant homoerotic/touchy feely/bromantic marketing and their pics/videos/gifs were all over tumblr which made people from other countries like America discovered them... tween girls would rather pair the boys together instead of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

They are terribly pitchy. Truly atrocious singers. Barely good enough for cruise ships. Ok for weddings.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

They certainly aren't the best-looking group of guys, I'll agree, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

[quote]They made history for the Brits in America.

So did the red coats, but far more painful.

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

They're quite fine lads, quite fine indeed.

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

After Justin Bieber I didn't think the bar could get any lower.

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2012

You dare expect a smidgen of taste and refinement in silly, empty headed tweenagers? Pshaw.

by Anonymousreply 1611/19/2012

I foolishly thought that after hiphop's stranglehold on the charts for the past decade or so, boy bands were a thing of the past. I suffered through the NSYNC/Backstreet Boys rivalry and their shiteous music in junior high (naturally, all of my BFFs were girls).

None of them are ugly, but their sex appeal is equal to their charisma - zero.

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2012

They just look so... British. Especially Harry and Louis.

by Anonymousreply 1811/19/2012

You're a troll, OP! Don't be so pathetically jealous!

by Anonymousreply 1911/19/2012

Some of them have also revealed they are uncut - also very British.

by Anonymousreply 2011/19/2012

They look prepubescent. What is the deal with Harry Styles? Why is his hair combed forward from the back?

by Anonymousreply 2111/19/2012

Whenever boy bands come in to vogue, the media is basically telling us, "Popular music is exhausted and needs to reinvent itself, so until something truly new comes along, here's a pre-synthesized group of boys who are cute but not really singing well to hold you over until then." then we get something new and the boy band disappears.

by Anonymousreply 2211/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 2311/19/2012

Liam! Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 2511/19/2012

Why does he have half his underwear showing, R25?

by Anonymousreply 2611/19/2012

Yeah, the Paki one is cute. Bring him to me in a few years when he has a chest.

by Anonymousreply 2711/19/2012

All of a sudden they are everywhere. Or maybe that have been for a while and I just didn't notice. They get 600 replies on ONTD. Tons of threads here on DL. I couldn't even tell you all all their names and who is who.

Are they more popular than Bieber? I guess we have go to through this boyband phase every 10 years. It's a cycle.

by Anonymousreply 2911/19/2012

There was a time when people were speculating that two of them were secretly lovers who wanted to come out. That was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3011/19/2012

I give them about another year or so. Then they'll fade away. These girls are already getting a bit tired of them. Harry seems to be the most popular one. I have no idea why, he seems dull as dish water. The only decent looking one is the one with the jet black hair. Other than that.. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 3111/19/2012

I have no clue who these twits are but I keep hearing the name. Some new tweener girly boy band?

by Anonymousreply 3211/19/2012

I have a friend who is in his early fifties and he is OBSESSED with them.

by Anonymousreply 3311/19/2012

louis' ass is the only thing i really like about the group, and he's also the oldest (21) which makes it ok to think that. seriously, there are blogs dedicated to it

by Anonymousreply 3411/19/2012

Ok, they look about 13. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 3511/19/2012

Boybands are nothing new. This isn't any different NKOTB, BSB, NSYNC, 98 degrees and all the other boybands who have come and gone.

They all get super popular by having all the tween girls fall in love with them, ride the wave for a few years, then fade from popculture. It is just their time in the sun right now.

They do look younger and less conventially attractive than many other boybands who have come before them IMO, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 3611/19/2012

"louis' ass is the only thing i really like about the group"

I am responsible for the original "Ass of Louis Tomlinson" thread. I just liked his ass and barely had any idea who they were. That thread got 600 responses and spawned several follow up threads until the most recent one was closed after which the new Harry threads got started. And here I just liked his ass.

by Anonymousreply 3711/20/2012

I'm assuming those threads are mostly teens who found DL from their One Direction Google alerts?

by Anonymousreply 3811/20/2012

I have no idea, OP. I stay away from those threads. It's either frauen or pedos in there, either way I don't want any part of it.

by Anonymousreply 3911/20/2012

One Direction is no less talented than BSB, NSynch, and all of the other boybands before them who's songs all sounded exactly the same.

I actually like a lot of 1D's songs. And I don't think they sound bad at all when singing live.

And those of you who are saying they aren't attractive are just a bunch of jealous bitter queens... look at them, they are all good looking and you know it.

Those of you who don't know who 1D is or why they are so's best you just turn away now and never look back... cuz if you start looking into them you likely WILL get sucked in...

Oh, and a special thank you to the one who started the Louis Ass threads, those were fun...

by Anonymousreply 4011/20/2012

But One Direction doesnt have any hot dudes. They all look like little boys. At least The Wanted has some hot, buff dudes.

by Anonymousreply 4111/20/2012

I love them and I am a lesbian in her 30s. No shame. They are great fun to sing at karaoke.

by Anonymousreply 4611/21/2012

R44/R45, how is simply mentioning he's Muslim "promoting" it? You're a fucking idiot. You know that, right?

I've also seen comments calling him a "terrorist" solely because of what he must be "promoting" those.

Muslims have taken a lot of shit, so there's nothing wrong with mentioning what he is. Perhaps Muslims are just sick of the only "promoting" they ever get being negative in nature. I can't even imagine being a Muslim kid going to some public school these days and taking a lot of shit from idiots who whine about "promoting."

by Anonymousreply 4711/21/2012

We have never heard of them.

by Anonymousreply 4811/21/2012

[quote]I am responsible for the original "Ass of Louis Tomlinson" thread. I just liked his ass and barely had any idea who they were. That thread got 600 responses and spawned several follow up threads until the most recent one was closed after which the new Harry threads got started.

Thanks, those threads were fun--at least until they became overrun with the lunatic "Grimmy" freaks who made the Larry shippers look downright sensible.

by Anonymousreply 4911/21/2012

I don't find them attractive because, yes, my 12-year-old nephew can grow more facial hair, but they are kind of strangely endearing. It's too bad that even if one or two of them are gay, they'll never admit it. I'd certainly like them more if they were.

by Anonymousreply 5011/21/2012

the one with the thick eyebrows has a hairy hole

by Anonymousreply 5111/21/2012

Why is R24 in Wit and Wisdom?

by Anonymousreply 5311/21/2012

Boybands always have one gay one, no matter how much they deny it. Boyzone had poor Stephen Gately, Westlife has Mark Fehilly - one of Take That has to be too, Jason I imagine. One has even come out on the new group still in the English X-Factor, so one of 1D has to be too ...

by Anonymousreply 5411/21/2012

That is not w&w caliber - I agree r53.

by Anonymousreply 5511/21/2012

I think it's either harry or Louis that's gay. One direction will fade away just like every other boy band.. But I do agree the paki one is gorgeous. At about 24 or 25 he's gonna be a knock out.

by Anonymousreply 5611/21/2012

Zayn needs his hairy hole plowed

by Anonymousreply 5711/21/2012

Liam is a dreamboat. I want him to impregnate me.

by Anonymousreply 5811/21/2012

The Backstreet Boys don't have a gay member, R54, or 5ive.

by Anonymousreply 5911/22/2012

Why are people only posting old (as in 2 year old) images of the boys? They don't all look 14 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6011/22/2012

I'd like to be one of those eldergay British music managers who makes zillions devising shit like the Spice Girls and boy bands and then blows it on country houses with fluro carpets and pink Rollers. I'm great at band concepts. e.g.

The Mean Cuntz - a group of tone-deaf scrubbers

The Pozzettes - barebacking ex-choirboys

by Anonymousreply 6111/22/2012

From their recent Today Show performance:

by Anonymousreply 6211/22/2012

So one question how did the lovely Louis Tomlinson thread get hijacked by the terribly ugly Nick Grimshaw yuk!!!

I mean I get that there was the whole Nick Grimshaw Harry Styles thing ,as opposed to the more romantic and yes fantasy laden Louis Harry thread. How did they prevail though?

by Anonymousreply 6311/22/2012

I don't know, OP.

There are far better looking celebrities out there rather than a group of British teenage boys with stinky foreskins.

by Anonymousreply 6411/22/2012

Please answer R63, and why was the last Ass of Louis Tomlinson deleted?

by Anonymousreply 6511/22/2012

Taylor Swift is dating one of them. I am starting to like the little ho.

by Anonymousreply 6611/22/2012

@ R63 @ R65 The Gryles crazies tried desperately to take over the fun & interesting Louis threads many times. They succeeded in chasing a few off but could never fully take over. So, iirc, someone posted the alleged nude photo of underage Harry and then probably reported themselves and had the thread shut down.

Then they moved over to the Harry/Nick thread and eventually any talk of any other 1D member especially Louis was "banned".

They want to live in their Gryles fantasy land and refuse to listen to any objective reasoning. They are as bad as if not worse than the Larry shippers, who they detest and ridicule constantly.

It's all rather amusing :)

by Anonymousreply 6711/22/2012

They're beyond fugly and untalented...I guess their lackluster appearances give them an air of accessibility that underachieving girls crave in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 6811/22/2012

They are doing a great deal for the visibility of homosexual love. The displays between them, fake or not (Ass of Louis threads being the penultimate genesis of Love of Louis after only tumblr/the real McCoy) have planted the seed of any and every homosexual "agenda" into the future liberals of the world. I kid, I kid. But homosexual normality is the status quo with the band. A nice change.

by Anonymousreply 6911/22/2012

Thanks, R67. What are Gryles crazies? Why do people object to discussion of Louis?

by Anonymousreply 7011/22/2012

r70, Gryles crazies are a faction of the now defunct "Ass of Louis" threads who where sure to derail the progress of conversation to fit around a DJ called Nick Grimshaw who now hosts the Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 1.

They object to discussion of Louis for one of two reasons: 1) They do not "like" him and object to the mention of his rudeness or some other character flaw.

2) They believe that the mutual obsession of gay love gives them the right to promote their fascist and preferred pairing. Despite the fact that they are visiters on the DL and the "Ass of Louis" threads gave many a good smile.

by Anonymousreply 7111/22/2012

Thank you, r71. It's like peering into an insane little world. One last question: what are Larry shippers?

by Anonymousreply 7211/22/2012

Larry shippers are the contingent of the internet that believe that two members of One Direction are together - Louis and Harry - and have made a portmanteau of the names: Larry. They probably number in the millions. Maybe ten of this great number posted in the thread, who were encouraged and questioned by DL regulars - a delightful combination that led to heartfelt discussions of young love and the oppressors of such innocent yet sexually charged stages of life. Finally, it seemed, some two people could be seen going for it.

by Anonymousreply 7311/22/2012

I would welcome Zayn's tasty toes in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 7411/22/2012

Boy/Girl bands are so 90s!!!!! And so over!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7511/22/2012

Okay, perhaps One Direction isn't the peak of artistic expression...

But neither are 50 Cent or Eminem!

by Anonymousreply 7611/22/2012

For old times sake: Larry.

by Anonymousreply 7711/22/2012

They're just a modern-day version of Paul Revere and the Raiders.

by Anonymousreply 7811/22/2012

Harry Styles is Hot and noticeable.VERY SEXY guy.He's got one of the best bodies i've ever seen very strongly built- yet very thin.Strong shoulders,big arms huge feet and gorgeous face.i've heard he's very hung also.I find him interesting and he's got a great voice.Yes .he's one of a kind and he's gonna get far in his field.he doesn't belong in that band

by Anonymousreply 7911/23/2012

@ R79 Hi Nick!!! :) You forgot to mention his sexy curly hair though....

by Anonymousreply 8011/23/2012

Hi R79 I love you Louis .You and Harry are so cute together.

by Anonymousreply 8111/23/2012

well say it isn't so.No,i'm Taylor Swift and Yes Harry is really really hung just ask Zayn he's the last to know

by Anonymousreply 8211/23/2012

They each have hairy holes that need to be plowed. That's why they're popular. Oh and the music is ok.

by Anonymousreply 8311/23/2012

Yum, r58. My choice for 1D impregnation would be Niall. I'd happily do all the work; he could just lay there. I would fellate him, rim his hole, and sit on his cock. He wouldn't even have to put on a condom. He could just dump his virile, Irish sperm deep inside me. I'd even clean off his dick after he slipped out. I figure he pretty much gets everything taken care of on a daily basis, I might as well make sex just as convenient. Anything to help out a boy band.

by Anonymousreply 8411/23/2012

Why has no one mentioned how every member of this band is very affectionate with each other?

by Anonymousreply 8511/23/2012

Thank you, r71. You seem like a Larry shipper. :)

by Anonymousreply 8611/23/2012

I ship it hard, r86.

by Anonymousreply 8711/23/2012

Thanks, R67. I knew the Gryles loonies were trying to derail the Harry/Louis threads but wasn't sure what happened. It is hilarious that they now demand that no one go off topic when the worked so hard to derail a successful series of threads.

There was one sad twat who was far crazier than the rest. She posted at least 50 times that she was done posting on the threads--then continued to post day and night. At least 20 percent of the posts in one thread were her.

[quote]Taylor Swift is dating one of them.

She's allegedly dating Harry. If anyone ever had any doubt he's gay...

by Anonymousreply 8811/23/2012

So are we like Larry orphans here or what!

by Anonymousreply 8911/23/2012

Larry Believer, refuge here. Let this thread be your shipper comfort zone. Believe!

by Anonymousreply 9011/23/2012

I would like to fellate Zayn's feet!

by Anonymousreply 9111/23/2012

So happy to see Larry Believer again.

by Anonymousreply 9211/23/2012

Thanks r90 and r 92:)

So let me see if this is right.We have been chucked out of our own home and from what I can see the Nick Grimshaw thread is up to it's eighth repetitive instalment They are still debating the clothes that Harry is said to have borrowed from Nick,which from what I recall they were talking about in what -Louis Tomlinson's ass 6 ?

Mmm interesting,sort of like missing "Days of our Lives" and picking up months later where we left off. Oh and a harsh article has been written about Nick and Harry and the rumour they are together which everyone on the thread feels pissed about .mmmm Karma is a bitch !!:)

by Anonymousreply 9311/23/2012

Why hasn't anyone started a Larry thread if they don't like the Grimshaw one? Or is this it?

by Anonymousreply 9411/23/2012

So, this has turned into one of those obsessive One Direction threads, huh?

by Anonymousreply 9511/23/2012

@ R95 Yes doll, it probably has. Run away before you get sucked in too...

Waving hello to Larry Believer! :) I posted here in this thread R40 and R67 as anonymous but I used to sign as blue eyed doll. I stopped signing blue eyed doll in the Gryles threads though, since they never liked what I had to say and mostly ignored me anyway haha.

I don't dislike Grimmy... actually I really like him, I think he is very handsome and charming. And I love his accent and his voice. I'm not really a Larry Shipper but I do believe that H&L love each other and have a very special bond to this day. I just haven't seen Harry look at Grimmy the same way he looks at Louis. But I do believe that Harry really likes Grimmy and they have probably messed around.

I think it's one of those "it's complicated" situations :)

by Anonymousreply 9611/23/2012

Those threads were a rare break from our lives and a look into a potentially wonderful situation...1 in a million. The Grimshaw threads are too clinical to become the hotbed of great posts the Ass threads were. To their credit, they might put DL on the map by outing Harry with their impressive skills. Yay and yikes.

by Anonymousreply 9711/23/2012

Hi blue eyed doll and everyone missed you guys.

It is sort of weird but I really don't mind Grimshaw either but I am not entirely convinced that Harry and he are together except as friends and possibly casual sex buddies.

I was pretty sold on Larry and really once you give your heart to one absurd love story that drew you in against your better instincts,it is quite difficult to sell yourself on another one.

Still I thought there was room for us all and Louis's ass was certainly exquisite enough to entertain many possibilities :)

by Anonymousreply 9811/24/2012

hard cocks

by Anonymousreply 9911/24/2012

Is it true they have stinky foreskins?

by Anonymousreply 10011/24/2012

i don't care about all those tiny pigeons in the band Harry Styles is the Sex God i was waiting for.His sperm is made out of unicorn tears and i want it Bad

by Anonymousreply 10111/24/2012

R102, Zayn is only Muslim on one side of his family.

by Anonymousreply 10311/25/2012

Larry believer,

I bumped up #8 but It's not showing on my end. Perhaps it is blocked.

by Anonymousreply 10511/25/2012

I don't understand, why they still not have out gay member? It's a law every boyband must have one gay. And especially when they are so gay!

by Anonymousreply 10611/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!