Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My partner is pouting because I asked him to knock off the baby talk voice ...

he does every time he takes the dog out for a walk. He comes back and tries to channel the dog reporting to me whether he "went potty" or "went poopie" - - like it is a baby child.

He has kids from a previous marriage and this must be how he and his wife talked about their babies to each other.

It is annoying and I can't take it. Are we really going to have a fight about this?!!?

I tried to ask in the softest tone of voice and least aggressive way I could. He totally over reacted.

by Anonymousreply 4411/20/2012

You might try talking baby talk to the dog yourself. The dog may not hate you so much. This is how your partner communicates with his dog, his dog loves it and you can't stand the competition. Get down and love on that dog.

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2012

I'm glad no one wants to suppress my spirit like that.

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2012

Plus who the hell are you to ask a beeding man to curtail his paternal nature, you barren cow.

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

I'da bitch-slapped ya.

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2012

Awww, wuzza matta opie, having pwobwems wiff your hubby bubby?

Cheer up. Turn that frownsie upside downsie. Lemme see you smile. Lemme see you smile!

Awwww. Dat's better.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

2/10

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2012

Seriously you two are doomed because of you. He loves his dog. Notice I said "his"? He probably love it's more and it's not uncommon to talk to a baby or a dog like that. He will fall out of love with you VERY soon if he hasn't already. Start packing.

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

A lot of people talk to their talks in the baby talk voice lol. As long as your partner doesn't talk to you that way randomly I don't see the problem...btw how old are his kids? You don't sound like a kid-friendly gay to me

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

I'm with you, OP. Everybody hates baby talk, especially babies.

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

I think I'm on OP's side. It's one thing to babytalk to your pet but to babytalk to someone as if you're the dog is weird.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

SPANK HIM!

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

Pets can be seen as substitute babies. Some say 4-legged companions respond better to soft, childlike voices, others claim it's a way for grown ups to "play" and relieve adult stress. Does your partner dress up like a young child for Halloween? If not then I'd just laugh at him when he talks silly.

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

pets are slaves made captive to fill their masters emotional holes. treating them like dolls is just diarrhea icing on shit cake.

and baby talk to an adult is only for babies. that Peter Pan is pouting and overreacted is no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

I'm with you, OP. It's one thing to talk to his pet like that, it's another to talk to *you* like that.

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2012

OP, are you a woman or man?

by Anonymousreply 1611/19/2012

Get your dildo and slap it across his face. Then say "Stop talking like a baby."

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2012

This is a common problem.

by Anonymousreply 1811/19/2012

Well yeah I agree, talking to the dog that way is fine, but to you? I'd be annoyed too I think.

by Anonymousreply 1911/19/2012

[quote]diarrhea icing on shit cake

Haha, love this. Never heard it before. May I borrow it, R14? I will need to use it at least once on Thanksgiving with my extended family.

by Anonymousreply 2011/19/2012

I've met quite a few bitches in my life, but Op takes the cake

by Anonymousreply 2111/19/2012

OP, you're right and your bitchy partner is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2211/19/2012

I agree with OP. Who wants a grown male talking to them in a baby voice? Not me.

by Anonymousreply 2311/19/2012

My owner uses me to fill an emotional void caused by a strained relationship with his birth children.

by Anonymousreply 2411/19/2012

I go away with friends and their dog every so often for a weekend getaway.

Not doing it anymore.

I come home with my ears ringing of simpering baby-talk.

by Anonymousreply 2511/19/2012

If he talks baby to the dog on occasion that's one thing, but if he's talking baby to you and you don't like it, it's not out of line to ask him to stop.

But since that didn't work, maybe you can drive your point home by talking in baby talk to him in situations where it embarrasses him or makes him uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 2611/19/2012

Talking like that to a dog tells him that he's the alpha.

by Anonymousreply 2711/19/2012

Cease all relations at once.

by Anonymousreply 2811/19/2012

[quote]pets are slaves made captive to fill their masters emotional holes.

Yeah, keep saying that, bub. In the meantime, there's still roast chicken in the fridge that has not found its way into my bowl. I'm going to stare at you without blinking until you get up off your fat ass and remedy that. Oh, and then do something about the rain. I want to go for a walk on dry grass.

by Anonymousreply 2911/19/2012

Interesting, OP, because I often feel like asking my partner to also knock it off. I don't ask him. But I wish he kept it to a minimum.

by Anonymousreply 3011/19/2012

I talk crazy to my dog... he just brings it out in me. Love that fucker, he's so much fun.

That, OP, might tell you what you're up against.

I can see how it would annoy but there ain't nuthin' to do about it.

by Anonymousreply 3111/19/2012

[quote]I can see how it would annoy but there ain't nuthin' to do about it.

Perhaps, but now about that annoying dropping-the-g-when-writing affectation . . .

by Anonymousreply 3211/19/2012

Will it make you any better if I tell you to fuck yourself and that all your self doubt is well founded, 32?

by Anonymousreply 3311/19/2012

"Partner, I will not allow you to ruin our orphan I purchased from The African Baby Catalogue with that horrid baby talk. I will be damned if I'm going to raise a 'tard. You have less that 35 days to break yourself of your habit; I paid for early Christmas delivery."

by Anonymousreply 3411/19/2012

A man talking like that is a deal breaker. Gag me with a spoon.

by Anonymousreply 3511/19/2012

F&F for you, R7. The Editor has decreed that only I may rate ESTs. Know your role and shut your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 3611/19/2012

[quote]A man talking like that is a deal breaker. Gag me with a spoon.

Any man talking like a Valley girl from the 1980s is also a deal breaker, an even bigger one.

by Anonymousreply 3711/19/2012

I would have have punched him in the fucking mouth and baby talked back to him while he cried and bled...and I made him clean up the teeth and blood off the fucking floor. Stupid cry baby bitch. Won't talk like that again.

by Anonymousreply 3811/19/2012

R38 = Hillary supporter.

by Anonymousreply 3911/19/2012

I have it on good authority that cats despise being baby-talked to.

I don't know how dogs feel about it, but why not treat them with dignity & respect? Same thing goes for other humans, of course, including one's partner.

by Anonymousreply 4011/19/2012

You sound like a dick, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4111/19/2012

This may be a troll, but I have to say that I feel the same way about such phrases.

Us people who hate infantile or juvenile phrases will lose this argument every time.

by Anonymousreply 4211/19/2012

This sounds like more fiction from the Galloping Gourmet.

by Anonymousreply 4311/19/2012

I'm ad your partner has the dog. You're a disaster like R17.

by Anonymousreply 4411/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.