Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Breeders and their Brats in Wal-Mart

Was in Wal-Mart this morning getting Thanksgiving dinner fixings.

The place was crowded (I thought it wouldn’t be on a Sunday morn, and breeders were allowing their small kids to wonder around cart filled aisles, where people are not paying attention to anything below eye level.

I saw three small unattended kids run into moving carts and get dinged pretty badly because they were being recklessly. Instead of feeling guilt, shame and/or remorse for not supervising their kids, all three breeders got angry at the other breeders for not watching out for other peoples kids...it was interesting witness.

by Anonymousreply 8411/21/2012

I have no Wal-Mart anywhere near me! I do shop there when I visit my folks in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2012

That's what you get for shopping at Wal-Mart, OP.

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2012

"Was in Wal-Mart this morning getting Thanksgiving dinner fixings."

I couldn't take you seriously after that sentence, OP>

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

You lost me at "Was in Wal-Mart this morning getting Thanksgiving dinner fixings."

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2012

I just recently went to a Walmart a couple times. I'm usually a Target and Macy's person, and for groceries I'll go to Albertsons for the big shop and to Whole Food for the bits.

I can't believe the difference in clientele. Those "people of walmart" sites are spot-on. The Southpark episode was not a joke, The people are friggin wierd and a lot of them actually do ride the scooters.

A lot of the stuff seems like shit and it's not that much cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2012

Well then. I'm sure whatever little adventure you had was interesting in your life, but couldn't get past the first sentence to find out.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

DL is truly scraping bottom when it's swapping Walmart stories.

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

Oh but Honey Boo Boo is ok?

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012

What? Don't they sell flour and lard at Pavilions, OP?

by Anonymousreply 911/18/2012

[quote]they were being recklessly.

Today I learned that WalMart shoppers think verbs and adverbs are the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 1211/18/2012

One more visit to WalMart and you will be forced to turn in your gay card, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1311/18/2012

adv and adj

by Anonymousreply 1411/18/2012

[R10] I buy dryer sheets and SD cards at Target, that's pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 1511/18/2012

You shop at Wal-mart and you're putting on airs?

Let me guess - you've also got the fanciest home in the trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 1611/18/2012

About 5 years ago I vowed to never shop at Wally world. So far I have kept to my word. Fuck em. I live in a small town about 10 minutes from the population base, we have a Family Dollar that I don't like and a Dollar General that I do like and shop at.

by Anonymousreply 1711/18/2012

R17, what's the difference between Family Dollar and Dollar General? Is it somewhat akin to the difference between Walmart and Target?

by Anonymousreply 1811/18/2012

What sort of gay man admits to going to Wal-Mart? You're trashy, OP: you fully deserve to be with hets and their broodlings.

by Anonymousreply 1911/18/2012

Holy crap!

by Anonymousreply 2011/18/2012

Family Dollar has a few things I go there specifically to buy.

They have real paper plates that I like to use in the microwave. They're not made from rocks or any of the other weird things most "paper" plates are made from.

They sell a laundry product that is made of sodium percarbonate just like OxiClean, only it's much less expensive.

Their house brand bleach is also very inexpensive.

They have a great price on Puffs tissues.

by Anonymousreply 2111/18/2012

R18 In my case it is how the stores are run, a friend of mine manages Dollar General DG has better merchandise, more of a small grocery while FD sells crap stuff does not have the selection DG does and it is higher priced.

by Anonymousreply 2211/18/2012

Thanks, R17/R22.

by Anonymousreply 2411/19/2012

There have been rare instances where I have gritted my teeth and gone into Walmart because the price for their yeast for bread machines is the lowest in town. Each time I go in it is the same cacaphony of nagging, demanding kids and then the shrieking when parents have the will to say no. I walk as fast as I can through the aisles trying to get around them and quickly buy what I came in for and get out as fast as I can. I don't dawdle or browse for anything in that dreadful place. And before someone asks me I will say yes, it is worth the aggravation to brave Walmart for a few cheap items as I only do it maybe 4 times a year at the very most.

by Anonymousreply 2511/19/2012

I like WalMart. Always seems like an adventure. The very bowels of American culture at its worst. Smoke some weed and walk the aisles. A true American adventure.

One thing though, their restrooms always smell like month old piss. Do they not clean them from time to time? Do the customers just piss on the floors rather than the urinals? It's like Calcutta in August.

by Anonymousreply 2611/19/2012

WalMart= Wally World???

by Anonymousreply 2711/19/2012

I go first thing in the morning to avoid the crowded aisles.

by Anonymousreply 2811/19/2012

I live in LA and go to Target often. Good place to shop for everything. Great environment.

Every now and again I find myself out on work jobs in the high desert and there's nothing but Wal Marts. Obese rednecks with awful kids and the place smells like chemicals from bad Chinese made products.

by Anonymousreply 2911/19/2012

I've found deals at Family Dollar on fake sugar, coffee filters, and greeting cards. Also great for dry and wet Swiffer pads!

by Anonymousreply 3011/19/2012

I thought there were a lot of DLers boycotting Target?

by Anonymousreply 3111/19/2012

I liked your post r26, funny as hell but true. I guess one would need a sense of humor like yours to brave the bedlam of Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 3211/19/2012

[quote]I like WalMart. Always seems like an adventure. The very bowels of American culture at its worst. Smoke some weed and walk the aisles. A true American adventure.

And the High Holy Days of Walmart -- Black Friday -- is just four days away!

Who will be stabbed, beaten and Tased this year in the exciting rush for bargains?

Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 3311/19/2012

My mom lives in the middle of nowhere now, and I actually refuse to visit her local Walmart. I swear it's the most depressing thing ever.

The one in the adjacent county however, different story. College town and plenty of eye candy to make up for the typically hideous clientele.

by Anonymousreply 3511/19/2012

[quote]smells like chemicals from bad Chinese made products.

Is that what that smell is? My sister asked me to drive her shopping one day. She is kind of heavy. We went into a store called "Maurices" right next to target. The smell in there made me want to pass the fuck out. I sometimes smell it in "TJ Maxx", but I admit I still sometimes go there, especially because they have nice men's socks, and you can great deals on cookware if your lucky.

by Anonymousreply 3711/19/2012

[quote] Smoke some weed and walk the aisles. A true American adventure.

I just might give it a try.

by Anonymousreply 3811/19/2012

You lost all credibility at your belief that Wal-Mart would not be crowded the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Even if you had not, feigning surprise that children there are left unattended marks you as a troll.

by Anonymousreply 3911/19/2012

"Each time I go in it is the same cacaphony of nagging, demanding kids and then the shrieking when parents have the will to say no."

Walmart hardly has a monopoly on this type of BS. I refuse to go into a Target after 10:00AM on weekends because it sounds like a fucking maternity ward with all the screaming kids.

by Anonymousreply 4011/19/2012

[quote]What sort of gay man admits to going to Wal-Mart?

A liar.

by Anonymousreply 4111/19/2012

I heard you have to pluck the feathers off of turkeys at Walmart. Is this true, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4211/19/2012

OP, "it takes a village" for America to receive the fucked-up idea, courtesy of Hillary, that we have ANY responsibilty for other people's spawn.

by Anonymousreply 4311/19/2012

I'm with OP in hating the screaming spawn in grocery stores. I was out shopping yesterday at Wegman's and it was a madhouse. Entire families were there shopping together--husband, wife and three screaming brats barreling down the aisles with those huge carts that have a car in the front for kids to sit in. Ridiculous. One of the two adults needs to stay home and mind the brats while the other goes shopping. Why does grocery shopping have to be a family day out and why are kids indulged as though they're at Disney World?

by Anonymousreply 4411/19/2012

I would starve and go naked before shopping at Wal-Mart. One of my colleagues calls it the "Creature Cantina."

Look up the Wal-Mart bingo card for a good laugh. The free space in the center is "People oblivious to the fact they're in your way."

by Anonymousreply 4511/19/2012

Ikea can be pretty bad too. The last time I was there was filled with unruly kids, the worst group was three kids from the same family, each one zooming around with an empty cart, ramming into each other and yelling BEEP! BEEP!

by Anonymousreply 4611/19/2012

Wal-Mart Bingo Card lol!

"Man under 30 without any teeth"

"Obese person using scooter"

"White girl with 3+ multi-racial children"

by Anonymousreply 4711/19/2012

[quote]I'm with OP in hating the screaming spawn in grocery stores

As opposed to those who enjoy shopping with screaming children?

by Anonymousreply 4811/19/2012

Why would you go into their natural habitat?

by Anonymousreply 4911/19/2012

Sadly I live in a small town surrounded for miles by nothing but corn/soybean fields and other small towns so Wal-Mart is one of our only shopping options around here and it's as bad as they say,screaming kids,teen moms with a herd of screeching brats,nasty looking people who look like they stepped out of Deliverance or a psych ward,it's a real mess!

by Anonymousreply 5011/19/2012

You have to get up early to shop. Get there when they open for a stress free experience.

by Anonymousreply 5111/19/2012

Are Walmart stores as dirty as people say? I remember a thread here a while back, talking about dirty diapers found stuffed in Walmart shelves

by Anonymousreply 5211/19/2012

I ventured into a WM last week as I've been long-unemployed and had to save some $$ and, no lie, in the first 10 minutes I was there before I walked out, I saw some 300 lb guy pushing his mother in a wheelchair to the bathroom. I also saw some trashy woman in a halter-top thing with her loose belly hanging out.

That was enough! I'll never step in one of those stores ever again.

by Anonymousreply 5311/19/2012

[quote] One of the two adults needs to stay home and mind the brats while the other goes shopping. Why does grocery shopping have to be a family day out and why are kids indulged as though they're at Disney World?

Hispanics in my area are like this, big time. It's like a family outing. Grandmas, cousins, etc. A whole posse of them out shopping. I think it's a cultural thing with them.

by Anonymousreply 5411/19/2012

OP, look at where you are.

by Anonymousreply 5511/19/2012

"Are Walmart stores as dirty as people say?"

The bathrooms reek of urine, dirty period and pungent body smells only experienced in nightmares.

With the amount of traffic at those stores, they should have a dedicated swamp person in hazmat outfits to clean.

by Anonymousreply 5611/19/2012

Indians too r54. Wal-Mart is a family outing, if you can imagine. The parents, all their kids and even the grandparents go in one group.

by Anonymousreply 5711/19/2012

[quote]So many of us get off regularly in public restrooms and in cum-stained video booths, so I don't see how any of us can cast stones.

Dream on, freak. You're just a small minority.

by Anonymousreply 5911/19/2012

How convenient this thread allows me to tell you what happened to me today.

I was in the canned vegetable aisle getting English peas. All of a sudden this little kid runs smack into my cart. I was intent at looking at the cans when the kid hit my cart, and I didn't see him coming. Then the mother comes and picks the little monster up off the floor. She looks at me and says, "you know, had you been watching, you could have moved your cart." I told her that if she was doing her job, then this wouldn't have happened.

by Anonymousreply 6011/19/2012

What was her response to you, R60?

by Anonymousreply 6111/19/2012

[quote]There's a Target and a Wal-Mart in my area, and they are almost across the street from one another. I usually go to Target, and for the most part it's just normal, regular people. The few times I've been to Wal-Mart it is just the most low-class, trashy clientele. It's just weird how they're so close to one another, they both sell the same shit and their prices are about the same, but there's such a class division between the two stores.

And yet, Target contributes large amounts of money to political campaigns that are opposed to equal rights for gay people, whereas I haven't heard anything about WalMart doing that. There are many other reasons to despise & avoid WalMart (which I do), but at least not that one (so far).

by Anonymousreply 6211/19/2012

You lost me at "I was in Wal-Mart." Anyone who goes into Wal-Mart deserves whatever comes next.

by Anonymousreply 6311/19/2012

[quote]Hispanics in my area are like this, big time. It's like a family outing. Grandmas, cousins, etc. A whole posse of them out shopping. I think it's a cultural thing with them.

And let's not forget that they walk 3 and 4 abreast blocking aisles, parking lots etc.

by Anonymousreply 6411/19/2012

I was in Super Walmart this week too. Two boys were blocking the aisle I was coming down and their dad told them "get the fuck out the way!" I was impressed. I know it will never happen again though, and I'll have to run over those bitch ass children like I usually do.

by Anonymousreply 6511/19/2012

The last time I went to WalMart (to get a prescription) I saw a used diaper in a shopping cart in front of the store

by Anonymousreply 6611/19/2012

[quote] And the High Holy Days of Walmart -- Black Friday -- is just four days away!

Who will be stabbed, beaten and Tased this year in the exciting rush for bargains?

Look what happened last Christmas Eve at a Wal-Mart. A woman decided to punch a 70 yr old Wal-Mart greeter in the face. Now the bitch has to serve 5 yrs in jail.

by Anonymousreply 6711/19/2012

I hate Wal-Mart and try to avoid it at all costs, which hasn't always been easy, especially when I lived in NW Arkansas, which is Wally World ground zero. Like R26, I at least try to make any outings there more enjoyable by getting stoned out of my mind beforehand and treating it as a sort of anthropological expedition. It's also fun to engage in various forms of (mild) PDA with my girlfriend just to gauge the reactions of fellow shoppers.

I made the mistake of using the restroom there once and all I'll say is never again.

by Anonymousreply 6911/19/2012

The meat in Wal-mart is funky.

by Anonymousreply 7011/19/2012

Sounds about right!

by Anonymousreply 7111/19/2012

Walmart sells more Country Music CDs than any other retailer on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 7211/20/2012

Check out Wal-Mart in China OMG!

by Anonymousreply 7311/20/2012

I was in Wal-Mart the other week to buy some cheap workout tees. This fatty in front of me had her cart filled with chips and other assorted junk. Her daughter was just as fat and I could swear that I heard her refer to the brat as Obesadee.

by Anonymousreply 7411/20/2012

LOL R73. Wild and crazy. Who knows what's in that misc. pile of meat parts. If Grandma Shing Ling has gone missing, id first check that pile at Wal Mart.

by Anonymousreply 7511/20/2012

A lot of that meat, at R73, is domestic dog meat.

by Anonymousreply 7611/20/2012

Walmart shoppers are absolute savage animals. I came out of the store one time only to discover someone had thrown a Slurpee ALL over my car. WTF? Who does that? ANIMALS!

by Anonymousreply 7711/21/2012

r61, her huffy look changed to something sheepish, but she didn't say anything. A couple of other shoppers in the aisle smiled when I replied to the mother.

by Anonymousreply 7811/21/2012

No wonder G-D wants the world to end! This also explains why employees will walk out, they don't want to be abused by customers!

by Anonymousreply 7911/21/2012

[quote]Walmart shoppers are absolute savage animals. I came out of the store one time only to discover someone had thrown a Slurpee ALL over my car. WTF? Who does that? ANIMALS

That's AWFUL! Maybe they thought you were a GLEE fan.

by Anonymousreply 8011/21/2012

If you are ever wide awake and bored go to Walmart after 11 or 12 at night. Entertainment galore. You will see some definite weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 8111/21/2012

Things I had never heard of/seen before becoming a regular reader of People of Walmart, and that are apparently common among the Wal-Mart demographic:

(1) Gluing toys all over the outside of one's car (2) Leaving/escaping the hospital still wearing the hospital-issued gown (3) Wearing some sort of a tail in a non-Halloween, non-sex context (4) Making clothing and accessories out of Crown Royal bag

by Anonymousreply 8211/21/2012

Many ladies go in their nightgowns after midnight.

by Anonymousreply 8311/21/2012

I wonder whether the Chinese Wal-Marts (see R73) sell orange juice and cooking oil together in order to make homemade napalm. They sell guns in the United States, so perhaps they sell other weapons at the ready in China?

I find the turtles and frogs together quite interesting.

by Anonymousreply 8411/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.