Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

There is the Canadian-produced series called "Bomb Girls." It premiered this year and also ran season-one episodes on Reelz Channel.

Meg Tilly, who was inactive for more than 15 years, is the best-known cast member and is a series lead.

Has anyone seen it? And is it good?

by Anonymousreply 1703/04/2013

It's pretty good, a little cheesy in the beginning but it gets better. It was created by a gay man, one of the producers/writers of Queer as Folk. Which is probably the reason the hotter than the sun Antonio Cupo is on the and frequently shirtless. (honestly he is so fucking sexy)

Meg Tilly is great in, probably the best actor in the cast.

There's only 6 episodes in the 1st season, so I recommend just giving it a go.

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2012

Sorry for poor writing, I'm typing this from my phone.

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2012

Rosie is appearing as a guest star sometime soon, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

Thanks, all!

I just across this from an [italic]IndieWire[/italic] article:

[bold]Reelz Will Air Season Two of WWII Drama 'Bomb Girls,' With Rosie O'Donnell Set to Guest Star[/bold]

ReelzChannel, which launched as a network dedicated to programming about movies in theaters and on VOD, has been making forays into acquired scripted programming -- ones that have included the Stuart Townsend spy series "XIII" (on which Roger Avary is working). "Bomb Girls," another Canadian show, premiered on the network in September, a drama set in Toronto during World War II as a group of women work in a munitions factory, their jobs both a way to help the war effort and to get independence. The first season cast included Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Ali Liebert and Charlotte Hegele.

The show clearly worked out well for Reelz, as the network's re-upping to air the second season of "Bomb Girls," which at 12 episodes is twice the length of the first. The new season will premiere in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2013 and will begin just after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Per ReelzChannel CEO Stan E. Hubbard, "Based on the enthusiastic response to Bomb Girls from our viewers, we're thrilled to partner with Global TV, Muse Entertainment and Back Alley Film Productions for a second season with 12 new episodes. The second season is full of surprises, including one episode with guest star Rosie O'Donnell." O'Donnell will guest star in an episode as "Dottie."

[bold]Reelz will be reairing the first season of "Bomb Girls" in a marathon on December 30th.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

I only saw the first episode. I was intrigued by the idea, and I'm a sucker for period drama.

I thought it was atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2012

Wow i happen to watch bits of this on Youtube, its quite good.

by Anonymousreply 701/25/2013

The only complaint I have is the men on the show are mostly portrayed as slimeballs who make the women feel like shit and cheat on them. However, it's a good period piece plus it's nice to see Meg Tilly working again. Oh, and there are lesbians and who doesn't love lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2013

OP I love how you say Meg Tilly was "inactive" for 15 years, as if she is some android that was booted back up to function. But then again, if I remember her "acting" correctly, that may not be too far off.

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2013

Meg was good in Agnes of God and The Big Chill.

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

There is no such thing as a good Canadian TV show.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

meg still comes off as slightly... 'special' ... but I think she does a great job.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

Fuck you, r11

North of 60, SCTV

by Anonymousreply 1303/04/2013

Yes, I remember her - she had no range, always the same sort of mentally challenged or stoned affect. Why did she decide to go back to work?

by Anonymousreply 1403/04/2013

R11 has never seen "The Trouble With Tracy"

by Anonymousreply 1503/04/2013

OMFG, r15.

That was one of the first things I remember seeing on TV when I was very, very young--2 or 3 maybe.

by Anonymousreply 1603/04/2013

Don't forget DeGrassi, R13.

by Anonymousreply 1703/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!