Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lindsey Graham to Romney: GOP is in a ‘death spiral’ so ‘stop digging’ (VIDEO)

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Sunday pleaded with former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to “stop digging” by insulting Hispanic voters because the party was already in a “death spiral.”

In a conference call with donors last week, Romney suggested that he lost his bid for the White House because president Barack Obama bribed Hispanics, African-Americans, women and youth voters with “gifts” like “free health care” and “amnesty for children of illegals.”

“We’re in a big hole [and] we’re not getting out of it by comments like that,” Graham told NBC’s David Gregory on Sunday. “When you’re in a hole, stop digging. He keeps digging.”

The senior senator from South Carolina added that Hispanics only voted for Obama because “he’s the lesser of two evils.”

“Self deportation being pushed by Mitt Romney hurt our chances,” he explained. “We’re in a death spiral with Hispanic voters because of rhetoric around immigration and candidate Romney in the primary dug the hole deeper.”

Graham concluded: “Most people who are on public assistance don’t have a character flaw, they just have a tough life.”

Watch this video from NBC’s Meet the Press, broadcast Nov. 18, 2012.

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2012

Graham needs to STFU on Benghazi too then.

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2012

I don't want the GOP to have hindsight; I don't want them to become self-aware and figure out where they went wrong. Even though the party if full of bigots, fundies, greedmeisters and loons, they are scrappy motherfuckers and will fight to the bitter end to win.

In the next go around, they will have duly noted what they Dems did, offer that as their platform and then when elected pull the ol' wolf in sheep's clothing bit.

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2012

[quote]The senior senator from South Carolina added that Hispanics only voted for Obama because “he’s the lesser of two evils.”

Now it's quite something for a Republican to admit their candidate is "evil" even if less than the other guy. Fortunately, this assessment could not be wronger and it's just further indication of how out of touch they are. Keep believing whatever it is about Hispanics you want.

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

Did I just spell "wronger"? More wrong.

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2012

Slapfight!

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2012

I don't take advice from nancy boys, Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

Interesting that he calls him "candidate Romney" instead of "Governor Romney."

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

OMG I wish someone would out this little shit.

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012

guuuuurl!

Miss Graham has her claws out!

by Anonymousreply 911/18/2012

[quote]“We’re in a big hole [and] we’re not getting out of it by comments like that,” Graham told NBC’s David Gregory on Sunday.

And Sen. "Sheilah" Graham knows from big holes, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 1011/18/2012

[quote]OMG I wish someone would out this little shit.

Everybody keeps saying this is an open secret. He's routinely called "Miss Lindsey" on other sites. So why hasn't this Rethug hypocrite been outed?

by Anonymousreply 1111/18/2012

R11, it's the same situation involving Aaron Schock & Mark Kirk, I guess.

No one ever wants to take that final step of turning the rumor into proof.

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

[quote]No one ever wants to take that final step of turning the rumor into proof.

I'm not sure what this means. That proof already exists and they protect each other or that it will take investigative footwork to turn it up?

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

[quote]"When you’re in a hole, stop digging."

That has to be the first time he's ever said that.

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

The only party Sen. Graham should concern himself with is his "coming out."

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2012

Yeah that. Were is J. Edgar when you need him?

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!