Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Worst Movie of the Year

Pretty much everything that's shitty has already been released... what do you think deserves the title?

by Anonymousreply 2711/20/2012

You're leaving out "Magic Mike"? Who knew a movie about male strippers could be so boring and after school special-ish?

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2012

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

Dark Shadows was fucking terrible. I was dragged to it by family. Almost as bad as Alice in Wonderland. I'll never sit through a Tim Burton movie ever again. He's been running on fumes for at least a decade.

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2012

I'm going with Breaking Dawn Part 2 because Twilight has been a blight on pop culture for 4 years and 5 FUCKING movies!

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2012

Definitely Breaking Dawn 2. I have always found all these twilight movies to be so stupid. And the acting sucks too.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

"Dark Shadows was fucking terrible. I was dragged to it by family. Almost as bad as Alice in Wonderland. I'll never sit through a Tim Burton movie ever again. He's been running on fumes for at least a decade."

Agree with this! I liked the Dark Shadows tv show so I wanted to like the movie, but it was just awful. I'm so sick of the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp movies, they are becoming so cliched and self-consciously quirky.

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

[quote]they are becoming so cliched and self-consciously quirky

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012

Resident Evil part 7

by Anonymousreply 911/18/2012

"Rock of Ages" featured Tom Cruise and attempted to glorify bad taste in music, so it got my vote.

by Anonymousreply 1011/18/2012

I'm surprised Battleship is getting such a high percentage; it was totally dumb but I thought inoffensively so. There are much worse things on that list. For example, This Mean War is a living breathing screaming nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 1111/18/2012

The Dark Knight rises, bitches

by Anonymousreply 1211/18/2012

I try not to waste my money or my time seeing bad movies. I was conned into seeing The Cabin in the Woods, however, and deeply regret it.

by Anonymousreply 1311/18/2012

The worst movie I've seen this year by FAR was 'The Letter' with Winona Ryder and Franco. It was worse than any of the ones you have listed.

by Anonymousreply 1411/18/2012

The Dictator is exactly the reason Cohen should not have a career. He's a one trick pony.

Dark Shadows was terrible. Tim Burton is over!

by Anonymousreply 1511/18/2012

"For example, This Mean War is a living breathing screaming nightmare"

It's okay if you watch it as if it were a gay love story

by Anonymousreply 1611/18/2012

Did anyone see That's My Boy? The commercials looked embarrassingly bad.

by Anonymousreply 1711/18/2012

Dark Shadows - because of the hype, because it was Depp/Burton, because they threw tons of money at it..

...and especially because they ruined some damn good childhood nostalgia for a bunch of us.

by Anonymousreply 1811/18/2012

Come on, Twilight had a werewolf falling in love with a hybrid vampire baby! How could anything beat that?

by Anonymousreply 1911/18/2012

Dawson's 5 Load Weeknight

by Anonymousreply 2011/18/2012

Worst of the year according to Rotten Tomatoes

by Anonymousreply 2111/19/2012

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.

Pointless and tedious, with a million false starts and a truly contrived relationship between Knightley and Carell.

Strange, because Anna Karenina with Knightley has been one of my favourites of the year, along with, of all things, The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

by Anonymousreply 2211/19/2012

"Rock of Ages" truly made me want to drive a rusty spike into my skull.

by Anonymousreply 2311/19/2012

For DL it will be THE HOBBIT

by Anonymousreply 2411/19/2012

I'm sure there were much worse movies released this year than Dark Shadows, but there was no reason for it to have been as awful as it was. Even if it had just been a typical Burton gothfest it would have been more tolerable than making it into another sniggering dumbass sex farce.

by Anonymousreply 2511/19/2012

I love that Tyler Perry managed to get 2 films on the bottom 25 for 2012, according to Rotten Tomatoes. That's quite an achievement!

by Anonymousreply 2611/19/2012

Cold Light of Day and the Devil Inside made the list, and they are truly horrid pieces of crap.

Now, I can trust the list, and I can avoid the rest of the movies on there and use my time to watch something that is less than utter steaming pile of poo.

by Anonymousreply 2711/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!