and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Golden Girls "That's what the crow said" scene

by Anonymousreply 1211/20/2012

It's spam don't bother

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

What is wrong with r1?

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

I've always wondered if it was a variation of the "That's what she said!" joke.

SOPHIA: "I Wasn't listening at the door." DOROTHY: "Then why was your nose pressed against the crack." ROSE: "That's what the crow said!"

by Anonymousreply 311/19/2012

The girls buy some condoms. Rose and Dorothy's reaction still cracks me up.

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2012

"Condoms, Rose! Condoms! Condoms! Condoms!"

That's one of my favorites, and I also love when Blanche and Dorothy were mistaken for a lesbian couple on the talk show.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

There's one joke I never got.

The episode where George's son shows up, Sophia talks about making a dinner for Dorothy's confirmation with what she thought was chicken but turned out to be something else.

What did she use to make the dinner with?

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2012

R6, I remember an episode where it's hinted that Sophia cooked either rats or a monkey and served it to her children without telling them what they were eating.

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2012

OP: That was a very long scene without much that was funny. I hope that isn't representative of the show because that was lame.

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

R8 is a pathetic, humorless teenager.

That being said, it's not particularly the "Crow" line that's funny, it's that Dorothy screams for Rose to "GET OUT!!"

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

"She's a cow... a pig... a duck... a horse... a PENCIL SHARPENER?!"

Dorothy got so desperate at the end there. haha

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

R10: Yeah, we got that -- from across the continent the humor was so broad, but it still wasn't particularly funny.

I also thought it was really lazy writing in the scene where Dorothy and Blanche are on TV as lesbians and Rose says something to the effect that if they don't do it she will keep repeating St. Olaf stories.

Those St. Olaf stories are only funny if Rose doesn't know they are annoying.

To have her use them as a threat is the writers using her as them, out of character, to break the wall and make a lazy joke at the audience.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

[quote][R8] is a pathetic, humorless teenager.

Don't worry back in that elder gay's day, running around in a circle was considered funny and when talkies came in the all orgasmed. And then when color film became the norm, it was such a wonder, some though it must have been the devil himself that came up with that.

by Anonymousreply 1211/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!