Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did Anonymous stop Karl Rove from Stealing Ohio again?

You MUST watch this Thom Hartmann video. If you think you know about all efforts to defeat President Obama during the Ohio election, if you think you've heard about ALL of the malfeasance and outright criminal activity perpetrated in the name of stealing the election for the GOP, you haven't heard anything yet! We have Watergate-Sized activity coming from Rove & Company and Thom Hartmann has got the exclusive!

by Anonymousreply 6812/02/2012

Interesting how R1 and R2 are pretty much ignoring the content of the video. Distraction much?

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

Will there ever be another Woodward and/or Bernstein, or is the media too completely under corporate thumbs now?

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2012

Interesting that state voting servers went down around the same time in 3 different elections.

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2012

Woodward and Bernstein are the corporate media and the CIA all rolled into one!

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

Yeah, I meant W & B circa 1973-4.

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012

by Anonymousreply 911/18/2012

This is one conspiracy theory I can believe.

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

It would also help to explain how smug and presumptuous the Romney campaign was. Mitt didn't even have a concession speech. They knew the numbers didn't look good, yet they thought they had it won.

Since nothing was done to get to the bottom of the 2004 Ohio turnaround it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they thought it could be repeated.

But we shouldn't have to depend on 'anonymous' to ensure vote counts aren't manipulated.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

Completely agree, R11

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

as soon as i saw the Rove meltdown on FOX election night when FOX called Ohio for Obama: Rove was waiting for his dirty tricks to produce the votes needed to win the state for Mittens. they couldn't have lost Ohio, all the voter fraud squad was still out there!

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

That piece of shit Rove should be in jail for treason.

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

Exactly, R14. Release the evidence and put him away for good.

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2012

...and fortunately, even if they'd succeeded in stealing Ohio, the Prez won every other swing state except NC.

I think the Obama campaign knew what was up, and that was one reason they did a full-court press in all the swing states.

by Anonymousreply 1611/19/2012

dang. rove should be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2012

I wish I'd seen Rove's face. There's a man who deserves to suffer for inflicting Bush on the country.

by Anonymousreply 1811/19/2012

Remember this article? Is this why the Cons were so quick to throw him under the bus? Who expected what to happen, and how many expected it?

by Anonymousreply 1911/19/2012

Even if it's not true, when the screenplay is written I hope that Jack Bauer and the CTU Team swoop in just as the Rove's evil henchman has his finger on the button to change the totals.

And then after the gun battle Chloe O'Brian walks over to the computer and types in "Obama +50,000" just for shits and giggles.

by Anonymousreply 2011/19/2012

[quote] However, it is much more likely that the vp candidates will be hispanic/african-american.

Blatino husbears for everyone!

by Anonymousreply 2111/19/2012

The hypothesis posited in the video makes total sense when you consider how ABSOLUTELY SURE Rove was on Fox News that Ohio *couldn't* have gone to Obama. All of us who saw that, either live, or the video afterwards, know that Rove's reaction exposed that some seriously shifty stuff had been put into play.

There really needs to be a proper, thorough investigation into Rove's activities, and any necessary legal action needs to be taken. Enough already with this evil fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2211/19/2012

Oh, wow! That was fucking AWESOME. THANK YOU, anonymous!

Damn, can you imagine being the one to slam the door shut on that fat fucks face and watch him blubber on live TV? Fuuuuuck. That is priceless!

I mean, we all got a great thrill watching him melt down but what if you KNEW that YOU had shut the door on him? God, that would be the greatest feeling in the world!

by Anonymousreply 2311/19/2012

Can't investigate leak all of Rove's emails or something pertaining to this?

by Anonymousreply 2411/19/2012

Plus now all those millionaires and billionaires are TICKED OFF at seeing ZERO return on their investments...

by Anonymousreply 2511/19/2012

quick, someone start sending him anonymous emails warning him to stay away from your man!

That should open the email investigations.

by Anonymousreply 2611/19/2012

clever r26!

sadly he's a closet-case, so that would add a new wrinkle.

by Anonymousreply 2711/19/2012

If that gets broader media attention I wonder if Rove goes undercover or gets bumped off by his former friends, employers/overlords?

by Anonymousreply 2811/19/2012

...the fact that in 2004 on election night it was at 11:14 and in 2012 it was at 11:13 that the Ohio sites went down briefly is pretty freakin' damning....

by Anonymousreply 2911/19/2012

Watch Bill Moyers show on PBS. He had Trevor Potter as a guest talking about SuperPACs. He pointed out that most of the money raised and lost by the GOP was campaign primary money.

Obama did not face any primary challenge, so all of his money went towards the election. But much of the money raised by billionaires funded people like Gingrich, Santorum, etc and Romney needed tens of millions to defend himself against primary challengers. THEN he got billions to run against Obama.

Potter says that the GOP may wise up after this election and stop having so many players in the primaries so they can concentrate on funding the ultimate GOP candidate against the democrat. When this happens, it's going to be very difficult for democrats to get anywhere near tje money the GOP candidate has.

by Anonymousreply 3011/19/2012

And of course no one will be arrested or sued.

by Anonymousreply 3111/19/2012

Some rich Republican owns the voting machines...why doesn't the FBI just start there?

by Anonymousreply 3211/19/2012

I wish Anonymous had released proof of what they observed and thwarted. I absolutely believe this scenario is possible, but goddamn if I don't want clear, undeniable proof that federal prosecutors can use to lock that fat fuck away for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 3311/19/2012

There was already an investigation 4 years ago when the main IT guy in the center of this was "accidentally" killed off in a plane crash.

by Anonymousreply 3411/19/2012

Coincidentally, the invesigation in 2008 was alleged voter elections tampering in OHIO that is connected with Karl Rove.

by Anonymousreply 3511/19/2012

Rove has blood on his chubby hands

by Anonymousreply 3611/19/2012

Rove doesn't care. Every Republican thinks nothing about collateral damage and car accidents and plane crashes are their specialty.

by Anonymousreply 3711/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 3811/19/2012

Someone needs to put all the evidence out there, so Rove and the hundred or so other people that must be involved in some way, can all be arrested, tried, convicted, and jailed.

by Anonymousreply 3911/20/2012

I'm guessing if Anonymous were really involved they couldn't put everything out there because full disclosure would reveal their own illegal hacking. Obviously something like this would be undertaking such an act for the greater good, but I can see them not wanting to expose themselves to legal action.

by Anonymousreply 4011/20/2012

This reminds me of that scene in The Sting after Paul Newman cheats Robert Shaw at the poker table, and Shaw says, "What was I supposed to do - call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?

I can see Rove thinking that while Romney and the gang meltdown in their hotel suite.

by Anonymousreply 4111/20/2012

OMG, it's 9 minutes long... cliff note version pleez!!

by Anonymousreply 4211/20/2012

Some blogs say its all a tin hat conspiracy theory:

[quote]If you believe that Karl Rove was set to use a GOTV app called Orca to steal Ohio, because some random shlub on the interent claimed so (even though Orca was a Romney campaign boondoggle, and Rove ran a whole separate boondoggle Super PAC called Crossroads), then either 1) shut the fuck up about it, or 2) go spread that nonsense somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 4311/20/2012

Judging by Rove's behavior on election night I ABSOLUTELY believe there was a fix in place.

I want him found out.

I want people to be arrested.

I want the whole corrupt organisation to be brought down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 4411/20/2012

r43 has it thought. ORca was a fucked up mobile app. Nothing more. It had nothing to do with the voting machines.

If I was a GOP operative and there was a fix in place. I would out out a story like this to distract people from the real thing.

I do think something was happening that night. We just need to find the REAL story.

by Anonymousreply 4511/20/2012

I'm in agreement with r45. This is manufactured outrage that might be serving as a smokescreen. The only actual fact i'm aware of is that the server went down at roughly the same time it did in 2004. The rest is claims and bluster from Anonymous.

The bottom line is elections and vote counting need national standards with safeguards. There should be a criminal investigation of Rove but more evidence needs to be uncovered first.

by Anonymousreply 4611/20/2012

It seems that there was SO MUCH clamor about the potential for fraud this round that perhaps things had to have been monitored more closely than we know.

I am really hoping that the Feds were watching things go down that night and building a case. How sweeeeeeet would it be if a year or more from now a Federal indictment was announced and Rove.Co were dragged into court kicking and screaming.

I mean if the Feds were trying to investigate something, they would need to be secret about it to catch them in the act, right?

by Anonymousreply 4711/20/2012

I have some questions about this whole scenario. There are a few premises that are taken for granted. There are a lot of needed source citations here.

Ok so, some Vanity Fair writer named Unger wrote book "Boss Rove"that stated that 1) Karl Rove organzied a system to count the votes in Ohio and 2) servers went down and data was re-routed to servers out of state (Tenesse or somewhere deep red) and 3) then when they came back up , Bush was leading.

First off, can someone- does anyone here know where the info about the servers going down in 2004 came from? Was this a well known fact? How did they writer know the data was sent to a different server? Secondly how does KARL ROVE get to organize the counting in Ohio?

Finally, The video states that the 2012 Ohio servers went down at approximately the same time they did int 2004 and "Karl Rove announced it".

I don't remember this- is that true? He announced it? Why would Karl show his hand like that? Is that the only source of information we have about the servers going down?

Are there other sources about this that I can find? Has anyone read that book?

by Anonymousreply 4911/20/2012

At this point Karl Rove is more of a liability than an asset for the Republican Party and the 1% with all the stuff he knows and the public being on to him. Either he does officially retire, fakes his death and goes underground, or does indeed get killed and all his secrets die with him.

I am however shocked that Rove is so cheap to not hire some clever hacker guys who know how to program proper firewalls for Rove's little programs.

by Anonymousreply 5011/20/2012

Rove, the Bushes (including Jeb), Blackwell, Hunsted, Katherine Harris... a bunch of people need to go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 5111/20/2012

That's a lie r52. Conditions of palestinians is well reported, especially now with what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 5311/20/2012

[quote]Secondly how does KARL ROVE get to organize the counting in Ohio?

In both OH and FL the secretary of state basically runs the show as chief elections officer. When you get a really partisan person in that position, who knows how low they will go to ensure a win for their side.

This has to stop. Every state should have election commissioners who are nonpartisan and not political appointees.

by Anonymousreply 5411/20/2012

[quote]This has to stop. Every state should have election commissioners who are nonpartisan and not political appointees.

Yes, But how ? Name one office that can't be influenced by a partisan person? Everyone has a side to claim in this two party system? How would you even find someone who wasn't a Democrat or a Republican and get them elected to this office?

Judges are supposed to be impartial but look at how that works out on the Supreme Court!

by Anonymousreply 5511/20/2012

[quote]Yes, But how ?

You can't fix a broken system overnight. No polititian wants to change the corrupt and agenda ridden status quo (either because he benefits from it or gets a big target on his back).

by Anonymousreply 5611/20/2012

Well the last whistleblower on this subject ended up dead in a mysterious plane crash. I think that affected how a lot of people approached the subject. It's always easy to expect that other people will turn the bad guys in...but when you realize that you would likely die in the attempt, that causes a different sort of calculation. If true, then bravo to Anonymous for finding a way around the "courage gap" that has allowed these Republican criminals to operate for so long.

by Anonymousreply 5711/20/2012

[quote]that has allowed these Republican criminals to operate for so long.

That's what amazes me: it always seems to be republicans who benefit when counts are manipulated, or people are prevented from registering, or people have to wait in line 8 hours.

Why don't the democrats make a bigger deal about this? I'm still shocked that Kerry just walked away in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 5811/20/2012

Just TERRIBLE that anyone would steal an election. Those Republicans are NASTY.

by Anonymousreply 6011/20/2012

by Anonymousreply 6311/21/2012

Did Anonymous do us some good and what about Wikileaks? I wish I was a part of it.

by Anonymousreply 6412/01/2012

We can't really know about Anonymous r64 because all they do is take credit for stuff without any sort of documentation.

If this really happened and isn't just a PR stunt they need to turn in evidence to the justice dept and the FBI. If they don't, they're no better than Rove because they are protecting him.

by Anonymousreply 6512/01/2012

Maybe they heard Rove drowned a puppy.

Isn't that usually the reason they fuck with people?

by Anonymousreply 6612/01/2012

He was warned.

by Anonymousreply 6712/02/2012

Not crazy at all. People will do anything to win.

by Anonymousreply 6812/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!