Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Murie's Wedding

Is on bitches!

by You're terrible Murielreply 14906/29/2015

Why Diedre Chambers. What a coincidence.

by You're terrible Murielreply 111/18/2012

Thanks for the breaking news OP/Jackass!

by You're terrible Murielreply 211/18/2012

Love that movie. Love, love, love it.

by You're terrible Murielreply 311/18/2012

Meh. I thought it was going to be a sunny little picture about a chubby girl who loved her ABBA music. Most depressing flick this side of "The Descendents".

Downer.

by You're terrible Murielreply 411/18/2012

But I DO have a job! I'm a BEAUTY consultant!

by You're terrible Murielreply 511/18/2012

PRAWNS!!

by You're terrible Murielreply 611/18/2012

Who is Murie?????

by You're terrible Murielreply 711/18/2012

I haven't seen it yet but usually Toni Collette is outstanding in the movies she chooses to appear.

by You're terrible Murielreply 811/18/2012

I want to cry every time the mother appears onscreen.

by You're terrible Murielreply 911/18/2012

"I'm married, I'm BEAUTIFUL!!!!!"

by You're terrible Murielreply 1011/18/2012

Me too, r9. The mother is so sad, what happens to her makes me cry every time I watch this movie.

On a lighter note, the South African swimmer Muriel "marries" was SMOKING HOT!

Muriel's homely sister ("you're terrible Muriel") is a riot.

by You're terrible Murielreply 1111/18/2012

Here are pictures of that swimmer. His name is Daniel Lapaine. He's perfection.

by You're terrible Murielreply 1211/18/2012

How weird, I also watched this on tv last night and I'm in Europe.

The best scene is when Muriel and Rhonda perform "waterloo" as the two bimbos are rolling around on the floor.

I also laughed when Muriel/Mariel squealed like a dolphin during her wedding ceremony.

by You're terrible Murielreply 1311/18/2012

You're all a bunch of cocksuckers!

by You're terrible Murielreply 1411/18/2012

The truth? I tell the truth, too.

Nichole's having an affair with Chook. Muriel saw them fucking in the laundry room on your wedding day.

Stick your drink up your ass, Tania, I would rather swallow razor blades than drink with you.

Oh, and I'm not alone. I'm with Muriel.

by You're terrible Murielreply 1511/18/2012

Another great scene

by You're terrible Murielreply 1611/18/2012

What channel, op?

by You're terrible Murielreply 1711/18/2012

In what years did she win her Nobel Prizes?

by You're terrible Murielreply 1811/18/2012

Haha love that scene r16.

by You're terrible Murielreply 1911/18/2012

I keep confusing it with that other Australian movie about a talking pig which came out around the same time.

by You're terrible Murielreply 2011/18/2012

It's on Netflix r17

by You're terrible Murielreply 2111/18/2012

So depressing but so good.

by You're terrible Murielreply 2211/18/2012

Hmm, my ealier post has gone missing and other replies in this thread seem strange.

Anyway, oddly I also watched this on tv last night even though I'm in Europe.

A funny moment is when Muriel/Mariel makes dolphin noices during her wedding ceremony. But the highlight of the movie is early on when Muriel and Rhonda perform "Waterloo" while the bimbos are wrestling each other on the ground.

Here's the Waterloo scene. You can see Muriel get more and more into it during the song:

by You're terrible Murielreply 2311/18/2012

The character of her father is so well drawn.

by You're terrible Murielreply 2411/19/2012

Why is the lead bimbo bitch at Rhonda's house in the last scene? How did she become Rhonda's friend?

by You're terrible Murielreply 2511/19/2012

I absolutely HATED this INCREDIBLY depressing film!

by You're terrible Murielreply 2611/19/2012

It's a small town and they all pretend to be your friends.

by You're terrible Murielreply 2711/19/2012

Cancer? Oh my God! I am gonna go bald and have to eat macrobiotic food!

by You're terrible Murielreply 2811/19/2012

For the longest time I didn't realize that Muriel's asshole dad was also the cuddly Bob in [italic]Priscilla.[/italic]

by You're terrible Murielreply 2911/19/2012

The bean bag chair scene made ne LOL.

by You're terrible Murielreply 3011/19/2012

The guy who plays "Brice", Muriel's date seems very familiar. Did he travel to Hollywood as well?

by You're terrible Murielreply 3111/19/2012

r29: he actually shot those movies back-to-back. 1994 was a big year for Bill Hunter, Australian film, and ABBA.

by You're terrible Murielreply 3211/19/2012

IMDB claims Bill Hunter actually worked on both projects simultaneously. Don't know how he would have managed it, though.

by You're terrible Murielreply 3311/19/2012

[quote]Meh. I thought it was going to be a sunny little picture about a chubby girl who loved her ABBA music. Most depressing flick this side of "The Descendents".

Same here. I don't get the love for this film. The way people talk about it and quote it, you'd think it was something hilarious. I watched it for the first time last year and was expecting something along the lines of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" mixed with "Sabrina" about a frumpy girl who makes good, gets a makeover, and finally meets her prince charming, with lots of hilarity and chaos. At least that's what the trailer made it out to be.

Another movie I don't get is "Four Weddings and a Funeral." I just don't think Brits and Aussies know how to make a good rom-com. They always have to make it depressing in the end.

by You're terrible Murielreply 3411/19/2012

"The cancer wasn't caused by....you know...uh...sex?"

by You're terrible Murielreply 3511/19/2012

You sound completely clueless, R34. It's not a romcom. It's the opposite, because it's not mindless entertainment. It's about a naive girl finally discovering she doesn't need some guy to be a valuable human being.If you're a straight frau you probably don't get that though. It's good because it's so funny and so painful at the same time.

By the way, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" is awful.

by You're terrible Murielreply 3611/19/2012

R36 -- I remember it being marketed as a rom-com when it was released in the US -- in the same way as that Jennifer Aniston dog movie was a few years back.

People went int both movies expecting light hearted fare and emerged traumatized.

by You're terrible Murielreply 3711/19/2012

Tim Simms!

by You're terrible Murielreply 3811/19/2012

Thanks R36, I never understood why I love this movie so much but you have it explained it perfectly to me. It's a classic. Too bad PJ Hogan didn't really have much to show for it after the success of this.

by You're terrible Murielreply 3911/19/2012

Fuck you, R36! I realized AFTER I watched it that it wasn't a rom-com, but like R37 pointed out, that's how it was marketed in the US, about an ugly duckling who becomes a swan.

by You're terrible Murielreply 4011/19/2012

I am so glad R34 is not a part of my life. Holy shit, what a shallow, soulless bitch.

by You're terrible Murielreply 4111/19/2012

When I saw it for the first time, I had the same expectations as R34, but the tragi-comedy of it all made me love it that much more.

Jeanie Drynan as Betty was heartbreaking.

by You're terrible Murielreply 4211/19/2012

Toni Collettes follow up collaboration with director pj hogan, "Mental" just came out and it's wonderful fun!

by You're terrible Murielreply 4311/19/2012

Bill Hunter (Muriel's father) died not too long ago.

Muriel's Wedding was the first time I ever saw Toni Collette and Rachel Griffiths and I immediately loved them both.

by You're terrible Murielreply 4411/19/2012

You guys wouldn't like me much either, cuz I think [R34] is pretty much spot on.

by You're terrible Murielreply 4511/19/2012

You and 34 should stick with Meg Ryan movies, then.

by You're terrible Murielreply 4611/19/2012

I barely know who Meg Ryan is? AbFab is about as mean-spirited as I can deal with as "comedy" I'm afraid.

by You're terrible Murielreply 4711/19/2012

I love this movie - I remember when it came out, I had a friend who inSISted that it needed to be remade with "bigger stars (Ricki Lake and Juliette Lewis were his choices. And now, ha ha, Colette and Griffiths ARE bigger stars than his choices!

by You're terrible Murielreply 4811/19/2012

That big, hunky, shorts wearing cab driver who drives them out of Porpoise Spit at the end always gets my attention.

The ever widening smile on Muriel's face after they yell good bye is amazing.

by You're terrible Murielreply 4911/19/2012

I'm a parking inspector.

by You're terrible Murielreply 5011/19/2012

a guide

by You're terrible Murielreply 5111/19/2012

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remembering having the impression Muriel's wedding was a bearding thing.

There was no indication the swimmer was gay, IIRC, but I wondered why this gorgeous athlete was set up with such an awkward, naive girl.

The putative reason may have been immigration issues, but she seemed like such an unlikely candidate. Didn't he give her mercy fuck at the end?

Any thoughts?

by You're terrible Murielreply 5211/19/2012

I found a pic of r4, r26, and r34.

by You're terrible Murielreply 5311/19/2012

Is the groom at the beginning named Chuck or Chook?

by You're terrible Murielreply 5411/19/2012

He was a South African who couldn't swim for South Africa, and his parents were willing to pay an Australian woman to marry him so he could be on the Australian Olympic team. He hadn't liked the other options, and they were out of time, so the swimming coach made the decision.

After the marriage, she decided to leave and he said something like "I don't love you, either, but it's not so bad having you around." She still left, wanting to not be always lying about everything.

Don't think it was a gay thing.

by You're terrible Murielreply 5511/19/2012

I always thought this was some laugh out loud comedy. It's not?

by You're terrible Murielreply 5611/19/2012

Well, [R56], if you find cancer, suicide, and verbal abuse a laff riot, it is.

by You're terrible Murielreply 5711/19/2012

"I, I know I'm not normal, but I'm trying to change. I'm trying to become more like you, more of a..."

"It's too late."

"But I can CHANGE!!!!"

"You'll still be you."

"Muriel, you've got to find friends on your own level. Like I found Chook. He's up on my level. Marrying him was the happiest day of my life. I LOVE him so much. That BASTARD! I'll show him. I'll go on this holiday and sleep with a THOSUAND men."

"I'm not nothing."

"Muriel, can't you think of anyone but yourself? Tania's upset."

"I'm not NOTHING!!!!"

"Well, nobody said that!"

"Muriel, you're embarrassing us *AGAIN*!!!!!!!"

by You're terrible Murielreply 5811/19/2012

"Verbal abuse". Someone be a dear and get R57 her smelling salts.

R34 is the blonde bimbo in middle in the pic R53 posted: "How dare you call me a cocksucker? I'm MARRIED!!!"

by You're terrible Murielreply 5911/19/2012

I agree that this is leaps and bounds beyond anything else PJ Hogan's done but I do think My Best Friend's Wedding is pretty great, as far as Julia Roberts movies go.

by You're terrible Murielreply 6011/19/2012

Some people LOVE this movie because they see themseles in Muriel. Some people HATE this movie because they see themseles in Muriel.

by You're terrible Murielreply 6111/19/2012

R55 yes, I need to see it again. I was probably projecting...

Still, he was hot. Couldn't his coach found a cute Australian?

by You're terrible Murielreply 6211/20/2012

I don't see myself in Muriel and I love it.

by You're terrible Murielreply 6311/20/2012

It's funny. Every time I come back to this thread I keep expecting to hear an Abba song, but I don't. It's like all of your lives are as good as an Abba song.

by You're terrible Murielreply 6411/20/2012

I thought the guy who played Muriel's father was especially good in Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

by You're terrible Murielreply 6511/20/2012

Doesn't Muriel's shy date - the one from the beanbag scene - show up at her wedding and look sad? Are there any earlier signs that he likes Muriel or is in love with her?

by You're terrible Murielreply 6611/20/2012

I always put this on when I'm in the mood for a comedy having orgotten how bloody depressing it is.

by You're terrible Murielreply 6711/20/2012

One of my favorite movies of all time and Muriel is a character you just want to cheer on. Constantly belittled by her parents, friends, being told she's worthless and useless...I tear up at the end when she decides to live her life the way she wants to. It's an uplifting film.

by You're terrible Murielreply 6811/20/2012

R31 Brice was played by Matt Day. See his IMDB link below.

I don't think he's ever made it to Hollywood. I don't know why - maybe just not brawny enough, or maybe he wasn't interested. He does British TV shows, and Australian TV and movies.

by You're terrible Murielreply 6911/20/2012

"Same here. I don't get the love for this film. The way people talk about it and quote it, you'd think it was something hilarious. I watched it for the first time last year and was expecting something along the lines of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" mixed with "Sabrina" about a frumpy girl who makes good, gets a makeover, and finally meets her prince charming, with lots of hilarity and chaos. At least that's what the trailer made it out to be.

Another movie I don't get is "Four Weddings and a Funeral." I just don't think Brits and Aussies know how to make a good rom-com. They always have to make it depressing in the end."

Hmm ... maybe as you only like very formulaic films, or you don't get irony. Probably both!

by You're terrible Murielreply 7011/20/2012

I swear that her mother is one of the most tragic figures I've ever seen in a movie. Why didn't Muriel at least have her mother with her on her wedding day and seated at the front as she should have been? Muriel completely ignored her. That part really bothered me as it showed a total lack of respect for her mother. Where the heck were her siblings too?

by You're terrible Murielreply 7111/20/2012

Mariel was starting a new life. There was no room for Muriel or her family at the wedding.

by You're terrible Murielreply 7211/20/2012

Muriel is also not playing with a full deck, R71. Sweet girl, but clearly on the dumb side.

by You're terrible Murielreply 7311/20/2012

The mom, Muriel and the sister all came off a slightly developmentally...slow.

by You're terrible Murielreply 7411/20/2012

r74, I thought they were just . . . Australian.

by You're terrible Murielreply 7511/20/2012

[quote]The mom, Muriel and the sister all came off a slightly developmentally...slow.

Gabby Millgate (Joanie) looked especially "special." I found a picture of her online and was surprised by how normal she looks.

by You're terrible Murielreply 7611/20/2012

You're terrible Muriel

by You're terrible Murielreply 7711/20/2012

Only Alice Tinker's Teletubbies wedding can top this.

by You're terrible Murielreply 7812/03/2012

On the contrary R72, Muriel's wedding was all about paying her father back and showing off as a success in front of Porpoise Spit. Her wedding was all about her past, which also shows that to her and to all the other children, the mother was just furniture. They had absorbed their dad's judgement without knowing it.

by You're terrible Murielreply 7912/05/2012

Yeah, I'm bumping an old thread. Sue me.

So I posted in this thread before as R4, with a mixed review of this movie because it was so depressing.

I watched it again this week for the first time in years - probably in the mid-90s - and I enjoyed much more. As someone mentioned up thread, it was marketed in the U. S. as a cute little film about plain Jane Muriel and how she turns her life around and finds happiness and gets married. I probably rented the video one night when I was down in the dumps, looking for something to cheer me up. Instead I get a film about cancer, paralysis, suicide, adultery, unhappiness, and cunty schoolmates.

While I didn't remember all of those details heading into my second viewing, I remembered the overall tone of the movie. And knowing that going in, I enjoyed it so much more.

And I haven't been able to get Waterloo out of my head all week.

by You're terrible Murielreply 8005/30/2014

I love that movie and holy shit was that swimmer hot.

by You're terrible Murielreply 8105/30/2014

HATE that film! Talk about depressing!

by You're terrible Murielreply 8205/30/2014

The one who played her sister would make Lens Dunham look like a supermodel.

by You're terrible Murielreply 8305/30/2014

The actor who played Muriel's father -- Bill Hunter -- also played the corrupt dance competition judge in another great Australian movie, "Strictly Ballroom."

by You're terrible Murielreply 8405/30/2014

An almost perfect film. It is in the second spot for my all time favorites.

by You're terrible Murielreply 8505/30/2014

The actress who played the mom was just on TCM, playing another put-upon woman, in "Don's Party". TCM has been airing Australian films Fridays this May. Heartbreaking.

Had a huge crush on Matt Day - he was very sexy in "Kiss Or Kill", with Frances O'Connor, and endearingly shlubby in the nore recent "My Year Without Sex"

He was adorkable in "Muriel".

by You're terrible Murielreply 8605/30/2014

Matt Day in "Muriel"

by You're terrible Murielreply 8705/30/2014

Matt Day, sexy

by You're terrible Murielreply 8805/30/2014

"Muriel's" Toni Collette and Matt Day, recently reunited

by You're terrible Murielreply 8905/30/2014

R34 is right about Four Weddings and a Funeral but Muriel's Wedding is great. They hate it because they want to root for Muriel but she's not a good person. She's Damaged Goods and she has to learn how to be good. I don't find that "depressing" at all but somewhat uplifting. The siblings are actually more depressing than the mother, but remember the whole family had been lording it over the people of the town because their dad was a wheel in the political machine, so it's not like they were always just poor nobodies.

by You're terrible Murielreply 9005/30/2014

"It's MARIEL!!!... I'm a new person"

by You're terrible Murielreply 9105/30/2014

Before I met you I used to stay in my room all day and listen to ABBA songs. Since I met you I haven't listened to 1 ABBA song because life with you is better than ABBA, it's better than Dancing Queen.

by You're terrible Murielreply 9205/30/2014

I love, love, LOVE Muriel's Wedding!

by You're terrible Murielreply 9305/30/2014

"You can't stop progress"! How true for Muriel

by You're terrible Murielreply 9405/30/2014

I completely see myself as Muriel.

I think many young gay men did. Scheming, pretending you're something you're not, thinking that the right man and a name change would magically fix everything.....yeah.

by You're terrible Murielreply 9505/30/2014

I know I did r95 My gay friends that weren't raised in a shame based household couldn't identify with the movie at all.

by You're terrible Murielreply 9605/30/2014

"it's all yours, mate" hahhahahah

by You're terrible Murielreply 9705/30/2014

R95 & R96, i also think no other fictional character captures me like Muriel does. I never realized it was a widespread thing, although now that I think of it I guess it's an obvious gay archetype.

by You're terrible Murielreply 9805/30/2014

[quote]My gay friends that weren't

Oh dear.

by You're terrible Murielreply 9905/30/2014

Muriel is one of film's most charming sociopaths ever. Compulsive lying, stealing, superficiality, poor impulse control, conning, stalking, taking on new identities to bolster her own worldview...

And yet she's still adorable in her creepiness. Toni Collette is a fine actress.

by You're terrible Murielreply 10005/30/2014

It's weird how Americans really don't get this movie.

They're so used to "happy endings" and plotlines that are always neatly tied up.

Life isn't that way, and foreign films are so much more true to life than Hollywood shit.

When you watch Italian, French, Australian, British, German, Spanish, etc., cinema, it's so much more true to life than American movies.

Hollywood is all about the blockbuster and the the "big sell." It's a total fantasyland.

Hollywood doesn't tell the truth anymore.

by You're terrible Murielreply 10105/30/2014

Hollywood does movies that appeal to every big, fat, ugly Hollywood exec...

That's why Seth Rogen gets cast with the likes of Heigl or Byrne as his love interest.

by You're terrible Murielreply 10205/30/2014

"Muriel: Because of all the mental things that happened to me. I got shallow. And my physical being could have been improved, as well as my mentality.."

She should have added: "The absolute low point was paying $18 to have a bunch of anonymous cocksuckers call me a 'terrible' and 'cunt'."

by You're terrible Murielreply 10305/30/2014

So those are Abba songs I hear every time I sign on to Datalounge.

by You're terrible Murielreply 10405/30/2014

Funnily enough, the swimmer actually married a plain woman in real life. She's a pretty successful actress, though.

by You're terrible Murielreply 10505/30/2014

Hot swimmer guy.

by You're terrible Murielreply 10605/30/2014

Murie who ?

by You're terrible Murielreply 10705/30/2014

Murie's wedding, is that a prequel?

by You're terrible Murielreply 10805/30/2014

Is Murie Jewish ?

by You're terrible Murielreply 10905/30/2014

Always thought this movie was an absolute gem!

by You're terrible Murielreply 11005/30/2014

And you three, what a bunch of cocksuckers!

by You're terrible Murielreply 11105/30/2014

We wouldn't want you to spend the entire holiday alone. It's not like in high school where you should feel your not good enough to talk to us.

by You're terrible Murielreply 11205/30/2014

The truth? I tell the truth too. Nicole's having an affair with Chuck. Muriel saw them fucking in the laundry room on your wedding day.

Stick your drink up your ass, Tania! I'd rather swallow razor blades than have a drink with you.

Oh, by the way... I'm not alone. I'm with Muriel!

by You're terrible Murielreply 11305/30/2014

One of the best movies of the 20th century.

Toni Collette is priceless in every scene. Watch her face as several emotions subtly are shown as they drive away in the taxi at the end.

BTW, I always love looking at the taxi driver's legs.

The man who played her father was a big Australian star we would know from Priscilla Queen of the Desert and that funny dog show movie.

by You're terrible Murielreply 11405/30/2014

114 again. sorry I repeated some stuff others said earlier. The phone rang and I didn't read all the posts till just now.

Okay experts, find some pictures of the hunky cab driver and post them! I don't know how to put the pictures on here if I would find them.

by You're terrible Murielreply 11505/30/2014

[quote] One of the best movies of the 20th century.

MARY!

by You're terrible Murielreply 11605/30/2014

[quote] Is Muriel Jewish ?

No, she's Australian.

by You're terrible Murielreply 11705/30/2014

If I ever do drag, I will take the name of Deidre Chambers, just to have bitches say, "Deidre Chambers! What a coincidence!"

by You're terrible Murielreply 11805/30/2014

I can't remember how Australians pronounce it - Dee-dra? Der-dree? Der-dra?

by You're terrible Murielreply 11905/30/2014

^ Deer-dree

by You're terrible Murielreply 12005/30/2014

Was it "Chuck," but they pronounce it "Chook" down there?

by You're terrible Murielreply 12105/30/2014

He is credited in the movie's credits as CHOOK. Which apparently is an Aussie name.

by You're terrible Murielreply 12205/30/2014

Chook, which also means chicken. Doesn't Rhonda refer to him as turkey at one point?

by You're terrible Murielreply 12305/30/2014

Don't they call a chicken a "chook" there?

by You're terrible Murielreply 12405/30/2014

Chook hates the Japanese!

by You're terrible Murielreply 12505/30/2014

Oh, thanks for explaining that because I never got that "turkey" joke before.

by You're terrible Murielreply 12605/30/2014

Chook is pretty hot, too

by You're terrible Murielreply 12705/30/2014

I stayed a night in Coolangatta, Queensland because scenes from Muriel's Wedding were shot there (including the taxi drive at the end). The whole Gold Coast has a Porpoise Spit vibe, Noosa is nicer.

by You're terrible Murielreply 12805/30/2014

It was interesting the way M's face changed from looking sort of...slow to looking normal and aware.

by You're terrible Murielreply 13005/31/2014

Truly amazing R130

by You're terrible Murielreply 13105/31/2014

Damn, I always thought his name was "Chalk". Really-learn something new all the time.

by You're terrible Murielreply 13205/31/2014

Dierdre: I advise women on their lipstick, base and eye liner.

[to Japanese businessmen]

Dierdre: But you should all know about make-up. Your wives must be geishas.

by You're terrible Murielreply 13305/31/2014

"You're terrible MARIEL!"

MARY!

by You're terrible Murielreply 13405/31/2014

I want it on bluray.

by You're terrible Murielreply 13505/31/2014

You're terrible MARY:ALLs

by You're terrible Murielreply 13605/31/2014

I too love, love, love Muriel's Wedding.

by You're terrible Murielreply 13705/31/2014

I would love to see some kind of a sequel only if it is made well.

LOVED Muriels mother, look her up, quite beautiful when she was younger.

by You're terrible Murielreply 13806/01/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by You're terrible Murielreply 13906/01/2014

I wonder if it is just a coincidence that Toni and Matt Day wind up being cast in another project years after MW.

Maybe TPTB were sitting around a big conference table with Toni and they had been having trouble casting the part and Toni yells: "Urethra, I know just the guy for that role, get Matt Day on the phone!"

by You're terrible Murielreply 14006/01/2014

I was in college when Australian films started arriving -- My Brilliant Career, Gallipoli -- and I was thrilled to have films that told the truth about things, instead of Hollywood magical thinking.

We must be on our fourth or fifth generation of the same old Hollywood tribesmen pushing their same tired visions of utopia (in which they are all king.)

by You're terrible Murielreply 14106/01/2014

Director PJ Hogan did re-team with Toni Collette a year or so ago to make another movie - it's called Mental, and it's not very good

by You're terrible Murielreply 14206/02/2014

R4 If that's your idea of a depressing film, don't ever watch Vera Drake. Or any French film.

by You're terrible Murielreply 14306/29/2015

Josh Thomas sure is making us wait before we get around to Please Like Me Season 3.

by You're terrible Murielreply 14406/29/2015

I still LURVE the lip synching contest and watch it from time to time.

by You're terrible Murielreply 14506/29/2015

It is funny how two Australian comedy films prominently featuring ABBA music came out in the same year (and both featuring Bill Hunter)

by You're terrible Murielreply 14606/29/2015

I love the way the cab driver's hair blows with the wind when he picks up Rhonda for therapy,right before she catches Muriel trying on wedding dresses. Almost all the guys in this movie are hot.

by You're terrible Murielreply 14706/29/2015

"Oh and by the way, I'm not alone. I'm with Muriel."

That line always gets me.

by You're terrible Murielreply 14806/29/2015

R143,

I felt this film was depressing, and I like French films.

by You're terrible Murielreply 14906/29/2015
Need more help? Click Here.