Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tina Turner, fat & happy in Croatia

This is from earlier this year, and the Daily Fail annoyingly refers to Tina as a "disco diva," but the pics are great. She's gained weight, but looks great for 72 (almost 73 now).

by Anonymousreply 10811/27/2012

Here's video:

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2012

Lookin' good. (And happy.)

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2012

Fuck, yeah! Why would she be worried about being "skinny" at 73?

Will you all lie on your deathbeds wishing you HADN'T eaten those french fries?

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

OP = Hate-Retha Franklin!

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2012

I'm sure money goes a long way in Croatia. She probably has a home overlooking the Adriatic and in general lives like an empress.

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2012

She's not fat. She does lie about her age, but looks wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

R5, she was on a friend's yacht in Croatia. Her homes are in Zurich and France.

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

R6, when has she lied about her age? Her DOB has never been in dispute, as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012

In order to look thin on camera you have to be about 40 pounds underweight. She's probably been continuously on a diet since she was a teenager and at this point is just like, fuck it, I'm going to have dessert.

by Anonymousreply 911/18/2012

her face looks flawless!

by Anonymousreply 1011/18/2012

with Erwin Bach, looking happy

by Anonymousreply 1111/18/2012

After the life she's led and all that she's done, Bless you, Tina. Party on!

by Anonymousreply 1211/18/2012

That's right, Tina - have your cake and eat three, too!

by Anonymousreply 1311/18/2012

She looks great. Her villa is called Anna Fleur and is beautiful...

by Anonymousreply 1411/18/2012

How is that considered "fat"??

by Anonymousreply 1511/18/2012

She's not fat, maybe 20 pounds overweight but so what? She's enjoying herself now. The beginning of her life was so unhappy, she deserves to spend the rest of her days doing whatever the fuck she wants and look fabulous doing it. Get it, Tina. She's not a blob like Aretha and she's more feminine than Patti.

by Anonymousreply 1711/18/2012

It is far healthier for a 73-year-old woman to be 15 pounds "overweight" than 15 pounds underweight, and most nutritionists would probably agree. Charlie, can you weigh in, as it were?

by Anonymousreply 1811/18/2012

I will douse you bitches!

by Anonymousreply 1911/18/2012

Tina deserves all the happiness in the world at her age. She's a class act all the way. Love her, always have, always will. I hope she lives to a happy, healthy 100+ years old.

by Anonymousreply 2011/18/2012

[quote] In order to look thin on camera you have to be about 40 pounds underweight.

Um, no. The camera only adds about 10 pounds, hon.

by Anonymousreply 2111/18/2012

Lucky her. Croatia is a beautiful country.

by Anonymousreply 2211/18/2012

Well she is the living embodiment of what Catherine Deneuve said - "After a certain age, you have to choose between your fanny and your face."

And when I was a kid, I remember her being closer to my grandmother's age. Now she is closer to my mom? That is weird.

by Anonymousreply 2311/18/2012

r23

Fanny would mean something different to the former Mrs David Bailey.

by Anonymousreply 2411/18/2012

I'm amused that the Daily Mail commented on her hair looking the same as in her heyday, when it's always been a wig.

[quote]And when I was a kid, I remember her being closer to my grandmother's age. Now she is closer to my mom? That is weird.

She was in her early 40s when Private Dancer was released (I admit, to my teenaged self she seemed ancient), and that was almost 30 years ago. She just seemed older to us back then.

by Anonymousreply 2511/18/2012

R25 do you expect that British paper to know about black women and their hair? lol

by Anonymousreply 2611/18/2012

R25, she seemed older because she was older... to your youthful eyes.

Anyone over 30 seems ancient to those under 18, unless you have a crush on that older person, then you're just doing the math because you think you'll grow up to marry them: "OK, when I'm 21, he'll be..."

by Anonymousreply 2711/18/2012

She has come a long way since being married to that abusive ex of hers, Ike.

by Anonymousreply 2811/18/2012

Think she has earned her happiness and if she wants to be a little overweight after over fifty years entertaining us. Have fun tina!

by Anonymousreply 2911/18/2012

Her skin looks better than Lindsay lohan's.

by Anonymousreply 3011/18/2012

I always assumed she was gay. No?

by Anonymousreply 3111/18/2012

Wow, she looks like she's in her mid 40's!

by Anonymousreply 3211/18/2012

Married to the same guy since the 80 s

by Anonymousreply 3311/18/2012

Love it. This makes me especially happy, for some reason. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 3411/18/2012

Tina looks the same as always to me. She has always been chunky.

by Anonymousreply 3511/18/2012

No, R35, she was very svelte back in the day, when she was constantly performing. She has a spare tire now and her face has filled out a little.

True, she is nowhere near Aretha in terms of weight, but she has put on a few pounds. It would hardly be noticeable if she was wearing something more flattering, but she wasn't dressed up for a day/night on the town, so who really cares?

by Anonymousreply 3611/18/2012

Hey Tina! Kim Zolciak called. She does NOT want that wig back.

by Anonymousreply 3711/18/2012

She put on more than a few pounds. She is 40+ pounds overweight.

Nene Leakes called, she doesn't want the wig back. It's not blond enough for her.

by Anonymousreply 3811/18/2012

The wigs Korea made in 1983 are still the most durable.

You can wear them for decades and they sill look too-full.

by Anonymousreply 3911/18/2012

Same here, r25. I was a kid when Tina had her big comeback in the 80s and to my youthful eyes she looked like a grandmother, even though she was only early 40's. Looking back now, especially since I'm only a few short years away from early 40's myself, Tina looked quite youthful and not "old" at all.

Of course, back then being in your 40's seemed "older" than it does now if that makes any sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 4011/18/2012

[quote]Of course, back then being in your 40's seemed "older" than it does now if that makes any sense at all.

To you, but to kids who are now the age you were in the 80s, you look like a grandmother, too.

by Anonymousreply 4111/18/2012

The video made me happy. It's good to see her doing so well.

by Anonymousreply 4211/18/2012

Christmas is only fun for families and children. It can be pretty miserable time for singles.

by Anonymousreply 4311/18/2012

Tina isn't single, she's been with the same guy for about 30 years now.

by Anonymousreply 4411/18/2012

[quote]Lucky her. Croatia is a beautiful country.

It seems like Croatia is the the new in spot for famous folk.

by Anonymousreply 4511/18/2012

Those pix are awesome. She's living the life. After everything she went through in the past, it's great seeing her enjoying the fruits of her labor.

by Anonymousreply 4611/18/2012

Black don't crack.

Plus she is a Buddhist and has been meditating for years. It makes you look younger.

by Anonymousreply 4711/18/2012

Tina deserves to take it easy and have a stress-free, drama-free life. She's more than earned it. Tina's life FUCKING SUCKED until she was over 40. Seriously, she didn't find any happiness or peace until she was middle-aged.

by Anonymousreply 4811/18/2012

Looking damn good for 73 and happy. OP you probably look like shit. Tina isn't fat get a life !

by Anonymousreply 4911/18/2012

Lulu also meditates

by Anonymousreply 5111/18/2012

[quote]at least some of us dont have to wear a laughable wig to cover up our nappy hair

RACIST!

by Anonymousreply 5211/18/2012

She's never lied about her age. She was born in 1939 and will turn 73 in just over a week.

by Anonymousreply 5311/18/2012

I love the way the Mail refers to Bach--her beau, whom she's been "dating" since 1985.

by Anonymousreply 5411/18/2012

What is "nappy hair"?

by Anonymousreply 5511/18/2012

Sorry to say this but as beloved and as much of an icon as Tina is, there is something just a wee bit off about her. Can't quite put my finger on it and it's not that she's dumb, but in interviews she sometimes appears odd and to be missing a tool from the box. Could it have been the abuse she suffered at Ike's hands?

by Anonymousreply 5611/19/2012

I disagree, R36. Tina was chunky even during her 80s comeback. Not as heavy as she is now but she was not think. She looked good circa 1984 but she was never skinny. Hell, she looks good NOW even with the additional pounds.

by Anonymousreply 5711/19/2012

R52- At least some of us have happy lives and aren't bitter and lonely. Think Tina gives cares what you think about her or her wigs??

by Anonymousreply 5811/19/2012

whoops think=thin

by Anonymousreply 5911/19/2012

she was in rehab earlier this year for alcohol so I don't think she should be 'partying' on a yacht.

by Anonymousreply 6011/19/2012

She's fabulous and looks decades younger than her age.

One of the best voices and performers ever!!!

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 6111/19/2012

Tina is very smart - she lives in Zurich.

We (HEART!) Tina, she is an inspiratia for all 'mature' women!

by Anonymousreply 6211/19/2012

I never had a grandmother who looked like the grandmothers on tv. They had gray hair in a bun and wire rimmed glasses and full bodied aprons. And they were always on a porch shelling peas while their grandchild played on the wooden swing attached to the gigantic oak tree next to grandma's house.

I always wanted one of those grandmas from central casting. And a grandpa with white hairwho wore a plaid flannel shirt and pants with suspenders.

by Anonymousreply 6311/19/2012

[quote]Sorry to say this but as beloved and as much of an icon as Tina is, there is something just a wee bit off about her. Can't quite put my finger on it and it's not that she's dumb, but in interviews she sometimes appears odd and to be missing a tool from the box. Could it have been the abuse she suffered at Ike's hands?

I've had several first-hand reports from former colleagues and neighbors that, as much as we all love Tina, she is indeed a bit weird.

Former neighbors in Villefranche said she drove decorators and contractors crazy when she was redoing her villa. Several just gave up and quit on the spot. She would give them very specific instructions on what she wanted. Then she'd run off on tour or go live somewhere else during the remodel.

Although her reps reportedly kept her in the loop about construction progress, when she returned to Villefranche she invariably threw a temper tantrum and said whatever the contractors had done was not at all what she had told them to do.

by Anonymousreply 6411/19/2012

She rocks! Rock is in her blood and in her voice.

by Anonymousreply 6511/19/2012

OT, but if you ever want to point out hypocrisy in religion, check out the history of Medjugorje in Croatia. It's a lucrative shrine to the Virgin Mary and the site of massacres in the 1990s

by Anonymousreply 6611/19/2012

shocked at her outfit go shopping honey

by Anonymousreply 6711/19/2012

Medjugorje is in Bosnia and Herzegovina R66. Mostly Croats live there but it's not in Croatia.

But what does any of this have to do with Tina?

by Anonymousreply 6811/19/2012

R57, you're crazy. Look at this video. She was as thin as a rail here, and more or less stayed that way for the next 20+ years.

Also, I think she had breast implants at some point (early '80s?). Her titties in this 1972 clip are practically non-existent, yet later they got bigger.

BTW, I never believed those alcohol rehab rumors from a couple of years ago. Pure horse shit.

by Anonymousreply 6911/19/2012

Here she is at the 1985 Grammys sporting noticeably bigger jugs.

by Anonymousreply 7011/19/2012

Tina Turner is now 'fit fat.'

I suppose at some point in your life, you don't have to run around in a skinny jeans jacket and fishnet stocking showing off your legs and sex appeal. At 72, you can let it spread a bit.

But this just goes to show how much it takes to keep the human body in shape. Without proper and constant maintenance, damn, it's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7111/19/2012

Who is her gf?

by Anonymousreply 7211/19/2012

At 73, she should just let go and get fat. Live it up with some bon bons.

by Anonymousreply 7311/19/2012

"Look at this video. She was as thin as a rail here, and more or less stayed that way for the next 20+ years."

Oh for crap's sake, she was never "thin as a rail!" MODELS are thin as a rail; Turner was always what you would call big-boned. Not exactly overweight, but not thin either.

That's not her hair. She always wears that frosted wig. I wonder what her real hair looks like? Not much, I would guess.

No doubt she's had work done. That's obvious.

She supposedly is a member of that weird "nam myo ho renge kyo" Buddhist cult. I knew people who did that when I was in college and they're VERY weird and unlikeable, always pushing you to become a member of "the practice."

by Anonymousreply 7411/19/2012

Sometimes I think I'm going crazy

Sometimes I do a line, makes me laugh

Makes me wanna take a joyride

On the high tide

Sometimes I'm contemplating suicide

Meanwhile Eddy's on the west coast

I hear he's making out with some sweet senorita

Up in Frisco

You and I know

The odds come out even

When you give up believing in the

Cold law, steel claw

Try to get on board you'll find the lock is on the door

Well I say no way, no way

Don't try to get out or there'll be hell to pay

I don't know who's right or who's wrong

It really doesn't matter when you're lying in the gutter

It's a see-saw

A long hard battle with the cold law

Is what you get for messing with the steel claw

by Anonymousreply 7511/19/2012

A skinny older black lady seems to be a rare occurence. Even Diane & Mary have put on weight.

by Anonymousreply 7611/19/2012

R76. Cicely, you funny bitch. Made me laugh.

Yes, Diane, that's your name, sister. --Mary

by Anonymousreply 7711/19/2012

Diane got crazy big. She and Tina must be goin' to the same all-you-can-eat.

by Anonymousreply 7811/19/2012

Tina is not unlikeable. This is the first thread where I've ever read that. She is not Dionne or Aretha.

People in her band and others who have worked with her closely over the years have said that she is stern when it comes to business, but that she is not nasty or bitchy for no reason. She expects professionalism when it comes to getting the job done. She doesn't scream or lash out, but there is a sense of "This is where we need to be, so let's get there." And she can very blunt in her manner. But she will apologize if she's gone too far. And she has always made it known that she truly appreciates everyone's work.

She's had the same band for ages now. And the same inner circle. Most people who have met or dealt with her have had nothing but nice things to say about her.

If she's eccentric, then she's earned that right. You live with Ike Turner for fifteen years and tell me it wouldn't mess your mind up a little.

by Anonymousreply 7911/19/2012

Decades ago, I believe stuttering john - or one of the junior interns on the old WNBC Howard Stern show let it slip Tina could not read - and after initial gasps they (including even Howard and Robin), immediatly issued corrections and denials ........however the still-clueless intern said something like "Yes but didn't they have to read the cue cards to her at the Grammy Awards" prompting more gasps and denials.

I believe the Grammys - or some major music award program had recently been held at RCMH or maybe MSG.

by Anonymousreply 8011/19/2012

Tina girl, whatchou doin' lettin' yourself go like that?

by Anonymousreply 8111/19/2012

Tina actually was thin during her comeback. Look at how bony her arms were in this performance from 1985 (featuring the highly lickable saxman Timmy Cappello).

by Anonymousreply 8211/19/2012

R80 is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8311/19/2012

She looks great for her age, despite the cheesy wig.

by Anonymousreply 8411/19/2012

[quote]MODELS are thin as a rail;

Are you fucking kidding me? You're using models as your standard? Models aren't thin as a rail. Models have eating disorders. They aren't normal people.

by Anonymousreply 8511/19/2012

Tina speaks fluent French. She's not illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 8611/19/2012

LOL r82; here is John Hamm doing Timmy Cappello (who I know from "The Lost Boys").

by Anonymousreply 8711/19/2012

LOL yeah that Hamm SNL video is hilarious. I will say, Hamm's cock is probably ten times bigger than Timmy's, but Timmy is infinitely more lickable.

by Anonymousreply 8811/19/2012

"Models aren't thin as a rail. Models have eating disorders. They aren't normal people.'

There are models who are naturally what would be called "rail thin" without having an eating disorder, you dumbass. I knew one; she was skinny as hell and that was her natural body type. As for Tina Turner, well, she was never what you'd call thin; that girl always had a lot of meat on her bones.

by Anonymousreply 8911/19/2012

Link, R60. I would be very surprised to read this.

by Anonymousreply 9011/19/2012

R86, there is a difference between reading and speaking. Also, illiteracy is not the same as low intelligence. Tina had very little education and got together with Ike, I believe, when she was high school age. But she is a musician and likely has a very good ear, so she can easily pick up languages

by Anonymousreply 9111/19/2012

She's a high school graduate, dumbass R91. Stop making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 9211/19/2012

I'm glad to see that besides a couple of assholes the vibe toward Tina's been good up in here, she seems like an awesome lady and looks great and deserves a break, and "Private Dancer" is some hysterically awesome shit when you're drunk as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 9311/19/2012

Only a truly hateful bitch would have something nasty to say about her. Love you Tina!

by Anonymousreply 9411/19/2012

Is this thread really a bunch of people debating over the weight of a 73 year old woman?

Good God, Tina is enjoying life. She's probably loving her time on earth right now more than any time before. Get your eatin' on, Acid Queen!

by Anonymousreply 9511/19/2012

Once again R83, don't be such a moron - I love Tina Turner and I never said she was illiterate, I merely relayed a long ago true incident as heard by thousands of Howard Stern listeners.

by Anonymousreply 9611/19/2012

No, Tina was a little hefty during her comeback. She didn't have a waist but nothing wrong with that. She still rocks.

by Anonymousreply 9711/20/2012

TY R95. I can't believe how many are going on about Tina's weight she's a senior citizen for crying out loud ! They have no respect. Just goes to show how many are unhappy in their own lives so fixed on someone's life. Most of the posters in this thread are fattys .

by Anonymousreply 9811/20/2012

FattIES who can spell.

by Anonymousreply 9911/20/2012

Tina has diproportionately long legs, a short torso and quite narrow hips for a woman(but a donkey booty). Women need a bit of width to the pelvis to create a small waist.. (look at her in the iconic What's Love video in the black leather mini... she has the build of a tranny given how narrow her hips look in that skirt. Tina also has a disproportionately large head and a very short neck. She took all those disproportionate parts and accentuated them by exagerating them rather than minimizing them and turned what some would call flaws into assets. The large head became super large with the massive haystack wigs, the very long legs became outrageously long with super high heels and skirts slit all the way to the waist. Tina was considered a beauty for many decades, and we can all learn from her method, no one looked like her she played up her uniqueness. Her look was iconic.

by Anonymousreply 10011/20/2012

Tina is older than 73.

We recall that around Christmas 1986 she was announcing that she had just turned 50, it was wirdely publicized. Many though she was 10 years older than that at the time.

So Tina is at least 76.

by Anonymousreply 10111/20/2012

Mrs Patrick Campbell, I think you're confusing Tina with yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10211/20/2012

Mrs Patrick Campbell was a founding member of the Mattachine Society.

Can we get back to talking about Tina's breasts? No one has addressed the fact that her titties are visibly larger in the 1985 clip than they were in the 1972 clip.

by Anonymousreply 10311/20/2012

Unfortunately, she has drinking problems today.

by Anonymousreply 10411/20/2012

well they agree with her. Aspiring rockers, This is how we do it!

by Anonymousreply 10511/20/2012

Again, link R104.

by Anonymousreply 10611/20/2012

It's the end of the world.

There are 100 people left in LA. I am one of them.

We've all taken to wearing big studded leather jackets and mohawks.

We syphon gas out of cars and we eat candy bars.

We don't brush our teeth anymore and we don't have any emotions left.

Only the STRONGEST of the species have survived.

Tina Turner is with us.

by Anonymousreply 10711/20/2012

No thread about Tina's 73rd birthday yesterday?!?!

by Anonymousreply 10811/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.