Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

SNL's "The Californians"

This is a parody of something?

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

no...I heard Bill Hader say that Fred Armisen once said that everybody in LA always talks about the best route to get somewhere(which as a life long LA resident...I don't think is true.) so they built a sketch around it...

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2012

It feels like it was written by some comedy writer who has just watched 1991's L.A. Story for the first time and thinks that it was the funniest movie ever made.

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2012

It's parody on how clueless, vapid and idiotic real Californians can be. Plus, that accent is spot on in the skit lol

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

It was so hard, growing up in the Long Beach area. I just wanted to take the 105 and get the hell out of there. I wanted to pass the airport, and continue on La Cienaga. That was my drem.

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2012

I love that sketch.

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2012

I just want to slap Fred Armisen's face, especially in this skit.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

I thought it was a parody of The Hills or The O.C. Or anything on the WB network. Or was it the CW? But it is spot on to parody the way Angelinos talk about how to get someplace. Traffic is a part of life in LA and they tend to talk about it, A lot.

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

It makes me laugh.

Devon? EuuwwhhhwhaturYOUdoingherrrrre!

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

In LA, talking about traffic is the way we handle awkward situations. As a little kid, during every family funeral, I noticed the men would always greet each other and then discuss traffic. Once they felt comfortable with being at the funeral home, they would then carefully slide into talking about the reason they were all there.

The women didn't seem to need the intermediate step, but then most didn't drive.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

They are playing it into the ground with the same fucking jokes.

FASTFORWARD

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

It's hysterical. One of their better running skits as of late.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

Sometimes traffic is a good icebreaker when you're meeting a trick.

Did you find it okay? How was traffic? Can I suck your dick now?

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

I thought it was hilarious. It reminded me of the TV series when I was a little kid, that my mother loved, Falconcrest. I mean you don't have to be a Californian to get it. It looked like a parody of a soap opera whose characters have nothing to say!

Aside from that... Can I just say that Adam Levine is hot as shit!

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

Don't forget the vanity.

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012
Need more help? Click Here.