Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tell me about suburban Long Island -- what's it like to live there?

Is it all flash 'n trash? Is it quintessentially suburbia, like something out of the Wonder Years? Very materialistic? What are the nicest towns, and which are the trashiest? I wanna talk Long Island.

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

All flash and trash and quintessentially suburbia.

by Anonymousreply 111/17/2012

I knew you'd ask that op.

by Anonymousreply 211/17/2012

Depends where. I know trashy people on LI, and I know people who live a sweet life loving nature: chickens and turkeys running around in the back, vegetable garden, bringing eggs to neighbors in exchange for apples and pumpkins. A modest house, kids are never indoors, and a good-sized boat that the whole family spends weekends on. No cell service while they sail, so these people actually talk to one another.

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

Overall, a really high percentage of trash (with or without money). Some of the worst accents you'll ever hear and loud, crass behavior.

The women are amazingly vulgar - both in taste and in sound.

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2012

What r2 said. Watch LI Medium on TLC and you will learn all you need to know about LI!

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2012

There is Locust Valley, Roslyn and Plandome. Old money types, not really tacky, more refined. Think along the lines of the Kennedy family. Well, at least it used to be. I haven't lived there in many years.

Human garbage can be found in places like Mastic and Shirley, homes with broken cars on the lawn and old appliances strewn about, looks like meth lab city.

Farms can be found in the Eastern regions, both the North and South forks. Startling to come across them compared to how the rest of the island was spoiled by building.

Then there are places like Levittown, endless tracts of 60 x 100 ft yards and tiny houses that were manipulated into small McMansions. Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

It would not be worth listening to anyone who'd know.

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.