Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stopped drinking for a week and lost three pounds

Man, alcohol packs on the pounds. I'm on antibiotics that don't mix with alcohol, and consequently haven't had anything to drink for more than week -- and I normally enjoy my red wine. My face looks thinner, my pants fit better, and I have a lot more energy. Hmmmm.

by water with lemonreply 911/18/2012

Just read last week that next to soda American's get more calories from alcoholic drinks than they realize. I quit any soda and any booze for a year to see if there was any change and lost 60#. I am thinking about making it permanent and cutting back on some other things this year. I love how much better I look and feel. Everyone tells me I've lost enough but I want to eat in a more healthy manner since it makes me feel so much better.

by water with lemonreply 111/18/2012

My doctor freaked me out about an abnormal liver function test so I stopped drinking for two months, repeated the test and it was fine. But in that two months I lost 10 booze is a huge calorie thing.

by water with lemonreply 211/18/2012

Good for you!

by water with lemonreply 311/18/2012

It has been a year since I stopped drinking. I always loved being in a "buzz" state, but was in such a busy period of my life, I didn't even have time to drink (or be hungover). Now I don't even miss it, or desire it. And I lost weight!

by water with lemonreply 411/18/2012

I usually have a couple drinks in the evening. I've put on a few lbs. around the middle, which are probably due to this, since I eat a healthy diet and keep active. I've tried to eliminate the drinks, but I find when I do, my sleep gets very restless, accompanied by weird dreams. I don't like using sleep aids, so after a few bad nights I go back to the booze. .. Wish I could quit.

by water with lemonreply 511/18/2012

Damn -- you guys are drunks!

OK -- I don't drink anything alcoholic and I don't drink soda. What can I quit doing to lose a quick 10 lbs.?

by water with lemonreply 611/18/2012

R6: You could quit being an ass. While you might not lose a quick 10 lbs, you'd be better to be around.

by water with lemonreply 711/18/2012

R6, what ever you want, just don't spend any time with me

by water with lemonreply 811/18/2012

Good good! A lot of people don't realize just how many calories are found in alcohol. It's not just soda or coffee drinks. People, you don't need more than 1 drink a night. If you only feel good drinking, you need help.

by water with lemonreply 911/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!