Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stopped drinking for a week and lost three pounds

Man, alcohol packs on the pounds. I'm on antibiotics that don't mix with alcohol, and consequently haven't had anything to drink for more than week -- and I normally enjoy my red wine. My face looks thinner, my pants fit better, and I have a lot more energy. Hmmmm.

by water with lemonreply 911/18/2012

Just read last week that next to soda American's get more calories from alcoholic drinks than they realize. I quit any soda and any booze for a year to see if there was any change and lost 60#. I am thinking about making it permanent and cutting back on some other things this year. I love how much better I look and feel. Everyone tells me I've lost enough but I want to eat in a more healthy manner since it makes me feel so much better.

by water with lemonreply 111/18/2012

My doctor freaked me out about an abnormal liver function test so I stopped drinking for two months, repeated the test and it was fine. But in that two months I lost 10 pounds....so booze is a huge calorie thing.

by water with lemonreply 211/18/2012

Good for you!

by water with lemonreply 311/18/2012

It has been a year since I stopped drinking. I always loved being in a "buzz" state, but was in such a busy period of my life, I didn't even have time to drink (or be hungover). Now I don't even miss it, or desire it. And I lost weight!

by water with lemonreply 411/18/2012

I usually have a couple drinks in the evening. I've put on a few lbs. around the middle, which are probably due to this, since I eat a healthy diet and keep active. I've tried to eliminate the drinks, but I find when I do, my sleep gets very restless, accompanied by weird dreams. I don't like using sleep aids, so after a few bad nights I go back to the booze. .. Wish I could quit.

by water with lemonreply 511/18/2012

Damn -- you guys are drunks!

OK -- I don't drink anything alcoholic and I don't drink soda. What can I quit doing to lose a quick 10 lbs.?

by water with lemonreply 611/18/2012

R6: You could quit being an ass. While you might not lose a quick 10 lbs, you'd be better to be around.

by water with lemonreply 711/18/2012

R6, what ever you want, just don't spend any time with me

by water with lemonreply 811/18/2012

Good good! A lot of people don't realize just how many calories are found in alcohol. It's not just soda or coffee drinks. People, you don't need more than 1 drink a night. If you only feel good drinking, you need help.

by water with lemonreply 911/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.