Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fort Hood, TX

I got a job there on the base (civilian research type job) and I don't know if I should accept it.

What is the housing situation like for civilians? Right now I live in Austin and I'm worried about the social scene.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2012

In your wildest imagination do you envision Fort Hood having anything at all close to the social scene in Austin, Texas? Take some time, think it through and get back to us with any questions.

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2012

Seriously? There'll be nothing to do there. The only good thing is you'll be able to head to Austin on weekends.

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

What a liar. First of all no one under 40 says "Social Scene" so the OP is obviously an elder gay. And if that's the case, who cares. You're either gonna be using Craigslist or Manhunt to get any action, which you'll probably have to pay for anyway.

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2012

Now that gays are openly serving in the military, Fort Hood is probably one big glory hole. But be warned, "hood" does not refer to the uncircumcised. Foreskins will be rare there.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

I just returned from Ft Hood/Killeen. What a drab shithole, although the people were very friendly. Maybe I'll commute and stay in Austin.

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2012

Are they still tearing up that section of I35? Where the entire freeway has to exit to side streets? Torture and been going on forever, in true Texas style.

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2012

I did see a section of elevated road that just dropped off, mid-construction. The drive from Austin to Killeen was entirely bleak and depressing.

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

If you see a Muslim major, run.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!