Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Late blooming V. D'Onofrio lover...

I'm home on medical leave and watch L&O: Criminal Intent for hours at a time. Also saw Velocity of Gary and Guy recently. Never realized this guy oozes masculinity and sex. Any gossip/stories/film recs to help me on my journey back to health?

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012

Oh my.

His followers have quite a history here.

by Anonymousreply 111/17/2012

I think: first "big" film, Full Metal Jacket. Porker, fat, fat, fat. Lost weight; became boyfriend of Greta Scacchi (WEHT?), hot foreign actress. Have a kid together.

Maybe even earlier: "Mystic Pizza". Great film; the young Julia Roberts. D'Onofrio plays the youngish blue-collar BF of Lili Taylor.

Played a good part in Altman film "The Player."

Yes, SUPERB in L&O CI. After the first or 2nd (or so) season he was exhausted and Dick Wolf stood up for him and split the part with Chris Noth (alternating episodes.)

Watch enough seasons: eventually - 11 years? (sorry, cant remember) D'Onofrio unfortunately gained back the weight. NOT being snotty; I have lost and regained 120 lbs in the past 2 years; struggling with it. One discovers: actors are only human.

Then he was off L&O CI; Jeff Goldblum took over (different female co-star, too.)

THEN: the last - 2? years of the series (which a while ago went from NBC to USA), D'Onofrio returned; did the last season/last episode.

I MISS the show! SThank God for all the reruns: USA, Cloo (if you're on East Coast like me?), other stations occasionally. I think it was THE BEST of the L&Os.

Well, OP, I realize this may be TMI; sorry! I don't know about his personal life these days. But glad to see another admirer!

by Anonymousreply 211/17/2012

OP, are you Robin? You mention journey back to health..whoever, hope youre feeling better; take it easy.

by Anonymousreply 311/17/2012

Hey, thanks, R2! Much appreciated.

No, I'm not Robin, R3. Just recovering from a badly broken leg that has me house-bound for a while.

I did a search and found plenty of references to a large and lively thread; unfortunately I couldn't find it. Am intrigued by what some call eccentric and idiosyncratic behaviors as well as mentions of mental illness (bipolar).

by Anonymousreply 411/17/2012

I'm always thinking that his real-life persona is awfully similar to that of the Goren character, but I have no basis for these feelings.

by Anonymousreply 511/17/2012

Oh please OP don't go to the dreaded thread or bump it. You will fall into a vortex of madness. I shudder to think of it even now. Yes I do like Vincent and THAT show very much. I even like the really weird Gary Sinise movie with him in it. Also Eggar in Men in Black.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

Bump for r6!

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

Damn, all the episodes today featured Goldblum.

Can't stand him in this role. Don't like Noth in it, either.

Goren is the show. I know Vincent is nuts, but he IS the show!

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.