Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Late blooming V. D'Onofrio lover...

I'm home on medical leave and watch L&O: Criminal Intent for hours at a time. Also saw Velocity of Gary and Guy recently. Never realized this guy oozes masculinity and sex. Any gossip/stories/film recs to help me on my journey back to health?

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012

Oh my.

His followers have quite a history here.

by Anonymousreply 111/17/2012

I think: first "big" film, Full Metal Jacket. Porker, fat, fat, fat. Lost weight; became boyfriend of Greta Scacchi (WEHT?), hot foreign actress. Have a kid together.

Maybe even earlier: "Mystic Pizza". Great film; the young Julia Roberts. D'Onofrio plays the youngish blue-collar BF of Lili Taylor.

Played a good part in Altman film "The Player."

Yes, SUPERB in L&O CI. After the first or 2nd (or so) season he was exhausted and Dick Wolf stood up for him and split the part with Chris Noth (alternating episodes.)

Watch enough seasons: eventually - 11 years? (sorry, cant remember) D'Onofrio unfortunately gained back the weight. NOT being snotty; I have lost and regained 120 lbs in the past 2 years; struggling with it. One discovers: actors are only human.

Then he was off L&O CI; Jeff Goldblum took over (different female co-star, too.)

THEN: the last - 2? years of the series (which a while ago went from NBC to USA), D'Onofrio returned; did the last season/last episode.

I MISS the show! SThank God for all the reruns: USA, Cloo (if you're on East Coast like me?), other stations occasionally. I think it was THE BEST of the L&Os.

Well, OP, I realize this may be TMI; sorry! I don't know about his personal life these days. But glad to see another admirer!

by Anonymousreply 211/17/2012

OP, are you Robin? You mention journey back to health..whoever, hope youre feeling better; take it easy.

by Anonymousreply 311/17/2012

Hey, thanks, R2! Much appreciated.

No, I'm not Robin, R3. Just recovering from a badly broken leg that has me house-bound for a while.

I did a search and found plenty of references to a large and lively thread; unfortunately I couldn't find it. Am intrigued by what some call eccentric and idiosyncratic behaviors as well as mentions of mental illness (bipolar).

by Anonymousreply 411/17/2012

I'm always thinking that his real-life persona is awfully similar to that of the Goren character, but I have no basis for these feelings.

by Anonymousreply 511/17/2012

Oh please OP don't go to the dreaded thread or bump it. You will fall into a vortex of madness. I shudder to think of it even now. Yes I do like Vincent and THAT show very much. I even like the really weird Gary Sinise movie with him in it. Also Eggar in Men in Black.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2012

Bump for r6!

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

Damn, all the episodes today featured Goldblum.

Can't stand him in this role. Don't like Noth in it, either.

Goren is the show. I know Vincent is nuts, but he IS the show!

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!