Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Franklin Graham: Obama won because ‘we’ve turned our back on God’ (VIDEO)

Friday, November 16, 2012

Franklin Graham, the son of Rev. Billy Graham, says that President Barack Obama’s re-election is just further evidence that “we’ve turned our back on God.”

In an interview that aired Friday on the ABC Family Channel, CBN’s David Brody asked Franklin Graham where the country is going now that a president who approves of same sex marriage will be in office four more years.

Graham explained that the “secularization of America wasn’t going to stop” even if Obama had been defeated, but it could have been slowed down.

“That’s why we need to get out and vote, and vote for candidates who support moral values,” he insisted. “We need someone like a Jerry Falwell to come back and resurrect the Moral Majority movement where you get people that have a moral background who are willing to come together and vote for moral issues that are important to this nation.”

“If that would take place, we would see a great change in this country, but our country is in trouble. It’s in trouble spiritually. We’ve turned our back on God.”

Franklin Graham also suggested that Mitt Romney lost the election because the “vast majority of evangelicals did not go to the polls.”

But a national post-election survey published by the Faith and Freedom Coalition found that a record 27 percent of the electorate in 2012 were evangelical voters. And about 78 percent of white evangelicals cast their ballots for Romney.

“Evangelicals turned out in record numbers and voted as heavily for Mitt Romney yesterday as they did for George W. Bush in 2004,” Faith and Freedom Coalition Chairman Ralph Reed said in a statement last week. “That is an astonishing outcome that few would have predicted even a few months ago. But Romney underperformed with younger voters and minorities and that in the end made the difference for Obama.”

by Anonymousreply 1211/17/2012

Is this Pharisee **judging** Obama?!

I think that a big fat sin right there, preacher man!

by Anonymousreply 111/17/2012

Wasn't he accused or investigated awhile back for something?

by Anonymousreply 211/17/2012

Vile, despicable human being. His dad will die soon, so I guess he's trying to get his name out there to keep the dollars rolling in.

by Anonymousreply 311/17/2012

[quote]‘we’ve turned our back on God

I guess this means God is a top and likes it doggystyle.

by Anonymousreply 411/17/2012

Has he been living in a cave? We've had the moral majority trying to run things for the past 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 511/17/2012

And thank Me that you have. I was sick of you all. You've taken every thing that My Son and I have said and done and perverted it beyond belief.

Go to Hell. And that's not a figure of speech, but a statement of intent.

by Anonymousreply 611/17/2012

If God objected to Obama's policies, why let him win? If Obama's victory is a sign from God, it's indicates that God is not on your side, Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 711/17/2012

The fact that he wishes fake Christian Jerry Falwell was still here shows you what type of man he is.

by Anonymousreply 811/17/2012

Lol, R4, I was going to make a surprise anal joke.

by Anonymousreply 911/17/2012

His father has behaved disgracefully right up into his 90's. The fact that Billy Graham went out and endorsed Mitt Romney is disgusting.

It's also hypocritical considering that he used to have an anti-Mormon section of his website, which he had to delete.

by Anonymousreply 1011/17/2012

[quote]Obama won because ‘we’ve turned our back on God’

No, Graham, Obama won because we turned our back on lying, fraudulent, douchebag Romney and the Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 1111/17/2012

You have to wonder sometimes if folks like Dobson, Hagee, the late Falwell, Graham etc have actually read the Bible. Read it in context of the time and as well as a total piece of work to convey God's love, power and friendship.

I love the Old Testament for their great stories and the New for encouragement not for fomenting hate and anger.

by Anonymousreply 1211/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.