Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Photo of Janet Jackson holding a baby

Adorable!

by Anonymousreply 6408/17/2013

Was this just before she dangled it off a balcony?

by Anonymousreply 111/17/2012

Oh look, it's the HAGdonna troll at R2.

by Anonymousreply 411/17/2012

Kids love her

by Anonymousreply 811/17/2012

Kids LOVE her

by Anonymousreply 1011/17/2012

Is the rumor true that Janet Jackson had a child she does not claim? I think that was the rumor when she was on the t.v. show "Fame" and looked pregnant. She had to leave that show all of a sudden like. Where she go?

That was the schoolyard rumor back in my Baby Lesbian schoolgirl days. Does anyone else remember that one?

by Anonymousreply 1111/17/2012

It's her grandbaby!

by Anonymousreply 1211/17/2012

R11, she was taking birth control pills around that time, hence the major weight gain. She left "Fame" because she wasn't happy doing it. Her father made her take the role, and the whole time she was on the show she had to deal with James DeBarge's drug issues. It wasn't a happy time in her life, so she asked to be let out of her contract and they let her out. From that point on, the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 1311/17/2012

So it was a schoolyard rumor all along then, R13? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1411/17/2012

No, she had a baby who was raised by Rebbie. With the DeBarge she was married to in the '80s. She abandoned her child for her career. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 1511/17/2012

[quote]So it was a schoolyard rumor all along then?

Yes. Janet doesn't have any children, but if she wants to have some of her own she'd better hurry up and get to it.

R15 is the epitome of stupid and uninformed.

by Anonymousreply 1611/17/2012

I'm a Janet fan, but even I wonder if the rumor is true.

by Anonymousreply 1711/17/2012

At least she's not in a recording studio, Thank GAWD!

by Anonymousreply 1811/17/2012

Me too r17. I definitely dont believe she gave birth though.

El and Chico said Janet was pregnant at one point during her marriage to James. If she was pregnant she likely had an abortion. Janet is good at keeping secrets, but if she had a child she couldn't have possibly hidden it. She was way too famous for that, even before Control made her a superstar.

by Anonymousreply 1911/17/2012

R5 LMAOOO

by Anonymousreply 2011/17/2012

In the Jackson family music video (2300 Jackson Street), the curly haired girl sitting on Michael's lap is supposedly Janet's secret child Renee with Debarge. Apparently, thats why she was so chubby and covered up in her Control/Rhythm Nation days. The girl kind of looks like Janet to me.

by Anonymousreply 2111/17/2012

r21 Janet was tiny again by the time Rhythm Nation rolled around

by Anonymousreply 2211/17/2012

Oh god, janbot is back. Kill it with fire NOW!

by Anonymousreply 2311/17/2012

I love you too, R23.

Janet was chubby during some of 'Control', but lost the weight when the record company asked her to. She picked some of it back up at the start of 'RN 1814', but had lost it again once she went on tour and made videos for "Black Cat" and "Love Will Never Do (Without You)".

by Anonymousreply 2411/17/2012

R9, under the revised WW guidelines, babies are only 3 points.

by Anonymousreply 2511/17/2012

Why do you still deny this, Janbot? She had a baby and abandoned it.

by Anonymousreply 2611/18/2012

Because she didn't have a baby. Anyone who would take the word of a DeBarge has issues.

by Anonymousreply 2711/18/2012

R5 wins. Couldn't read any further.

by Anonymousreply 2811/18/2012

It is a shame that she never had a child of her own. Just to pass down her incredible beauty and exquisite singing voice. She really is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 2911/18/2012

In OP's photo, she is smiling at that child with the intensity of one thousand crazies.

by Anonymousreply 3011/18/2012

[quote]Just to pass down her incredible beauty and exquisite singing voice. She really is amazing.

You got that right

by Anonymousreply 3111/18/2012

[quote] Just to pass down her incredible beauty and exquisite singing voice.

Anyone can have both. All you need is a myopic cosmetic surgeon and access to auto-tune.

by Anonymousreply 3211/18/2012

The song is called "Love Will Never Do" and that is far from the only time she's looked good.

From the time she was a teenager to around the "Nutty Professor II" film, she looked beautiful. It wasn't until around 2001 where her looks started to go downhill. Wish she never got that nose job, and so young (body is still growing). She didn't need it at all.

by Anonymousreply 3411/18/2012

To all the posters making comments about Janet's beauty being all cosmetic surgery, look up her acting roles as a kid on Youtube. Good Times, Fame, the guest spot on Diff'rent Strokes, even her early appearances on American Bandstand. She was always a beauty. She clearly got an unnecessary nose job at some point, but otherwise she looks the same.

by Anonymousreply 3511/18/2012

You can't really say that r27 when we are talking about the Jackson clan. You can't take anything the Jackson's say as gospel.

by Anonymousreply 3611/18/2012

Right on, R35. Janet Jackson was a beautiful child, an attractive teen and she is a gorgeous woman. And the poster who thinks she only looked good in "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" clearly hasn't been paying attention. She has had many periods in her career when she was on top of her game in the looks dept. She was breathtaking during the "janet." era.

by Anonymousreply 3711/18/2012

Janet was a better dancer and visionary in her music than Michael was. In that photo, she looks more engaged with that baby than Beyonce does with her child.

by Anonymousreply 3811/18/2012

It's a nice pic of Janet. *shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 3911/18/2012

FAT!

by Anonymousreply 4011/18/2012

What a shame my brother Michael is no longer with us, he would have loved to fuck this!

by Anonymousreply 4111/18/2012

Check out this video of Janet entering Dylan Lauren's (daughter of Ralph Lauren) candy shop for some event a couple months ago. She totally blows past Mario Lopez like he is some random Mexican on the street. Heck naw!!

by Anonymousreply 4211/18/2012

Oh please, Janet loves herself some Mario.

by Anonymousreply 4311/18/2012

Janet's beauty, like her musical talent, is effortless. She has been beautiful for most of her life. She has had weight struggles at various times, but who hasn't'. She is the only one of those singers who started around the same time who still keeps it together. Long live Janet!!

by Anonymousreply 4411/18/2012

r43, I did not enjoy that wig she had on for that interview in r43. That was a straight up church lady, Sally Beauty Supply wig. I hope she got rid of it soon after. I also didnt like the one she had with the bangs when she promoted Discipline. Those are the only two times her wigs/weaves werent laid to death.

by Anonymousreply 4511/18/2012

I hated that Discipline poodle wig too, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 4611/18/2012

[quote]Janet's beauty, like her musical talent, is effortless.

Meanwhile, back in the real world . . .

by Anonymousreply 4711/18/2012

Honey, buying babies has already been done to death.

by Anonymousreply 4811/18/2012

R47, hater supreme

by Anonymousreply 4911/18/2012

R49: Hater? Really? Are you 12?

No, don't answer that. It will make both of us cringe.

by Anonymousreply 5011/18/2012

she's got issues. stripping at the Superbowl at her age.

by Anonymousreply 5111/18/2012

Here's a photo of Janet's love child with DeBarge.

by Anonymousreply 5211/19/2012

Too bad her music career is over. She still doesn't have a contract and doesn't seem interested. I guess after having flop after flop albums for 9 years, you read the writing on the wall and pull the plug. She's as crazy as the rest if her money-hungry trash family. She'll be 47 next May.

by Anonymousreply 5311/19/2012

She's a little uppity in that she won't hang with the 'Good Times' crowd.

by Anonymousreply 5411/19/2012

She has had so many failed albums. It's shocking. She didn't have to fade so quickly, but she has terrible instincts and couldn't find a producer to write her a hit.

by Anonymousreply 5511/19/2012

It's not a love child if she was conceived when they were married. That's totally her kid.

by Anonymousreply 5611/19/2012

r55 A 15 year streak of hit after hit is not exactly fading out quickly. She was the top female artist of the entire 90s.

by Anonymousreply 5711/19/2012

Thank you, R57. The morons at R53 and R55 don't have a clue. Janet Jackson is a legend, and all of these little girls ruling the pop world today have her to thank for paving the way. They all copy Janet and/or cite her as a major influence. That, plus the wide array of hits she's had over the years is her legacy. And it's not over. She will get a deal when she wants one, and if she doesn't, she'll release the album her way.

by Anonymousreply 5811/19/2012

[quote]She has had so many failed albums. It's shocking.

All the pop diva's of the 80s and 90s kind of fell off after Janet, except for Madonna. Mariah had that one last comeback and that was it. Whitney never got herself together. So its not like Janet was alone. The music industry changed.

Janet let Jermaine Dupri have too much creative input in her music. Janet had some major disagreements with LA Reid when she signed with Island/Def Jam, maybe someone here knows more about that. I have no idea why she and Mariah even attempted to do business on that label. It was a combination of things led to this major hiatus she is taking from making albums. Its probably not even worth her time anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5911/19/2012

*divas*

by Anonymousreply 6011/19/2012

She gave several interviews earlier this year where she said she's been writing, and that an album is in "the beginning stages." Anyone who's followed Janet knows that not only does she take her time between albums, but she always writes from the space that she's in in her life at that point in time. When she's ready to come back, she will.

I did kind of cringe when I found out she was signing with IDJ, though. LA Reid is known for the shadiness. She also should have kept Jermaine Dupri's ass at bay when the time came to record "20 YO".

by Anonymousreply 6111/19/2012

"Feedback" was a hot song and I don't understand why it didn't well on the charts.

by Anonymousreply 6211/19/2012

R62, because radio still had their heads up their collective asses about the SuperBowl. Four years had passed, MTV had come around, but radio was still being shitty towards her (or, should I say, the Republican-run Clear Channel). It was a top 20 hit, but should have gone top 10.

by Anonymousreply 6311/19/2012

coffee enema bump dump

by Anonymousreply 6408/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.