Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Carnie Wilson

Is she fat again these days? Employed? Married? Does Carnie take any personal responsibility for her weight? She's such a yenta, but I like her.

by Anonymousreply 7001/11/2015

She's trying to lose weight again. In addition to having gastric bypass in 1999, she had lap-band surgery this year so the weight is coming off. She apparently can't control herself from emotional eating on her own.

by Anonymousreply 111/17/2012

Does the OP accept any responsibility for being a fat head?

by Anonymousreply 411/17/2012

R6 the lap band was earlier this year so Carnie is still in the process of losing weight. We'll have to wait and see how much she loses, and whether the weight stays off this time. I doubt she'll be having any more kids so there goes that excuse, and her life seems to be stable now, unless she starts getting depressed about her age and being washed up in the music business lol

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2012

Will there be a season 2 of the Wilson Phillips reality show? I want to see skinny Carnie. I want to see Chynna go solo...and flop. I want to see Wendy try to fake a personality for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012

Carnie only eats fast food

by Anonymousreply 911/18/2012

You mean Carnie only eats food fast.

by Anonymousreply 1011/18/2012

I can understand food being an addiction, but being rich can't she afford experimental treatments? Other addictions?

by Anonymousreply 1111/18/2012

Rich? Wasn't she thrown out of her house when it foreclosed?

by Anonymousreply 1211/18/2012

I love her!

by Anonymousreply 1311/18/2012

Such an unfortunate name. It's as if she was destined to be the fat lady at the carnival

by Anonymousreply 1411/18/2012

Shut up, how would you feel if you were fat and untalented, while your parents and best friends were rich and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 1511/18/2012

Carnie is a good experiment for us normal folks. We can see if money really can beat addiction or if you actually have to work at it yourself and work on yourself for the problem to be solved.

by Anonymousreply 1611/18/2012

This clip will always make me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 1711/18/2012

Carnie Wilson told the HuffPo today that she's obese.

The out of work singer said, "I never really made it clear but I'm an obese woman. I just wanted to set the record straight."

by Anonymousreply 2103/20/2013

I miss her talk show. She had a SUPER hung black guy on once in nothing but a speedo...I recorded it using my VCR and whacked off to the tape furiously as a young boy.

by Anonymousreply 2203/20/2013

She is a frequent fill-in guest host on The Talk when someone (usually the lazy Sharon Osbourne) is absent.

She's also a blonde now.

and still pretty tubby.

by Anonymousreply 2412/20/2013

Google her yourself, you lazy slut.

by Anonymousreply 2812/20/2013

There are some bad fat genes in that Wilson family. If you look at early pictures of her Uncle Carl he was a total butterball throughout his life (except for his coked up late seventies years). And her father Brian, chunked up and down after his "bed" years. And besides genetics, I don't think Carny's life has been all that easy, despite the privileded upbringing and hit records.

by Anonymousreply 2912/20/2013

I always thought she looked her best when she was played by Chris Farley on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 3312/22/2013

Hey stupid op, every fat person takes full responsibility for their fat. You stupid, ignorant, arrogant you take responsibility for being a jackass?

by Anonymousreply 3412/22/2013

Hi R29. The main reason Marilyn left Brian was because she saw Brian (messed up on drugs) offering drugs to young Carnie. That was the marriage deal breaker. Also Carnie and Wendy were estranged from their father (not their choice)on and off during the notorious Landy years. Think about it, if you were about 10 years old and your father is lying around in bed for 2-3 years, everyone knows it, and is publically ridiculed for weird behaviour...I don't know maybe you'd turn to food or something. Also, substance abuse (Uncles Dennis and Carl) alcholism (Grandma Audree Wilson), mental illness (father Brian), and weight issues run in the family. Anyway, I think her upbringing was not the best, despite her great mother Marilyn's efforts, and she's done fantastically well.

by Anonymousreply 3512/22/2013

Some overweight people have remarkably slow metabolisms. I was friends with a young woman who could eat very little and exercise and still only lose a pound a week. I think I easily ate three to four times as much as her without weight gain. Her doctor said she had no medical issues.

We would go to lunch and I would have a large sandwich, soup and a dessert, she would have a half sandwich or a salad. I would have three more large meals and not gain weight and not exercise. She was a beast on the stationary bike, she would choose the most difficult resistance and pedal for an hour. It seemed so unfair to have to battle weight gain like that.

by Anonymousreply 3612/22/2013

That can be true about metabolism. But some people are closet eaters.

by Anonymousreply 3712/22/2013

[quote] So Carnie has had the radical gastric bypass, the lap band, and she's competed on a weight loos show and she's STILL fat?

Bless her heart, there's as much chance of her getting thin as me giving up cock.

by Anonymousreply 3812/22/2013

She doesn't need lap band surgery, she needs a psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 3912/22/2013

Wilson Phillips still tours? Who the hell is going to those concerts?

by Anonymousreply 4012/23/2013

What she needs is discipline and self-control. You would hope that being in her upper 40s she would find that in her life...

by Anonymousreply 4112/23/2013

r40 exactly. They only had like 1 hit.

by Anonymousreply 4212/23/2013

R36 your friend sounds like me. I eat 50-75% less than every single person I know. I walk 5-6 miles five days a week and go to the gym for strength training and cardio 3 days a week. I do not lose weight. I need to lose thirty pounds. What can I say? I try. The only thing I haven't done is an extreme limited diet for calories and crabs/sugar. I did paleo and gained weight. I don't have thyroid problems. I have had many tests done and I'm normal.

by Anonymousreply 4312/23/2013

so she is fat. what business is it of yours anyway, Original Poster?

by Anonymousreply 4512/23/2013

sigh...she guest co-hosted on The Talk today and I'm sad to report she's STILL quite fat. I don't think she'll ever lose the weight again and keep it off. She looked so good in the early 2000s when she briefly got in shape but it seems she doesn't care anymore. Go to her twitter and you'll her twitter pics are mostly of her family and all the sweets she bakes (they do look good lol).

by Anonymousreply 4601/10/2015

[quote]Carnie had gastric bypass AND a lap band?

And I've already start my insurance paperwork for the gastric sleeve.

Eat that, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 4701/10/2015

Weight loss surgery has a high failure rate. It also is high risk surgery. Most people eventually go back to their old habits, and regain weight.

by Anonymousreply 4801/10/2015

she has a pretty face so it's a shame she doesn't want to control herself

by Anonymousreply 4901/10/2015

Fat people know they are fat. They struggle every day with trying to lose weight. Some are never successful. It's not for lack of trying, so back off bitches. MYOB, and get your own nasty selves in shape.

by Anonymousreply 5001/10/2015

R49 I hope Ms. Wilson can control herself and not beat your face with a baseball bat.

Your remark is so assinine and insensitive, and so typically gay!

by Anonymousreply 5101/10/2015

I never realized how many registered dietary nutritionists and psychologists we have here on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 5401/10/2015

If she eliminated wheat from her diet, it would certainly help.

by Anonymousreply 5501/10/2015

Don't forget all of the sensitive perfect little Marys.

by Anonymousreply 5601/10/2015

Bitch is so fuckin' fat that I bet her farts would gag a maggot.

by Anonymousreply 5701/10/2015

why are some of you so up-in-arms about us discussing Carnie's weight? She has discussed it numerous times. The situation is just sad.

by Anonymousreply 5801/10/2015

Maybe 2015 will be her year, who knows

by Anonymousreply 5901/11/2015

[quote]Weight loss surgery has a high failure rate.

That's because it doesn't address the problem that causes people to need the surgery in the first place. Until they deal with the psychological issues that cause them to overeat, surgery is little more than an enabling device that magically lops the weight off so that they can start gorging again without becoming complete shut ins.

by Anonymousreply 6101/11/2015

R61 exactly, it's a quick-fix only

by Anonymousreply 6201/11/2015

When did they stop making amphetamines?

by Anonymousreply 6301/11/2015

Didn't she become an alcoholic after the bypass? I've heard this is common, since the alcohol absorbs right into your system more quickly after your stomach pouch is reduced. Apparently you get a 'purer' high than those of us with normal sized stomachs, and many people get addicted to it.

I think in the future this surgery will be seen as barbaric. It's very risky.

by Anonymousreply 6401/11/2015

I like her; she's down to earth and lovely.

by Anonymousreply 6501/11/2015

I maintain that obesity is a genetic thing. My cousin is huge and so is her mother. I'm related to her via her father. Most of the people on my cousin's mother's side of the family have weight issues. IT'S GENETIC!

by Anonymousreply 6601/11/2015

Food is an addiction like alcohol or any other drug and the hustle is the same.

by Anonymousreply 6701/11/2015

Here's her ass

by Anonymousreply 6801/11/2015

She had a pretty good talk show back in the mid 90's. She seemed more at ease with guests than Charles Perez or Mark Wahlberg.

by Anonymousreply 6901/11/2015

R66 that's such a lazy, victim's way of thinking. While there is evidence for a predisposition to obesity and food addiction, that does not mean someone has to end up obese or even fat if he/she lives a healthy lifestyle. No one with said predisposition ends up unhealthy by eating well and exercising.

by Anonymousreply 7001/11/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!