Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sally Field was enchanting on The View today!!! Give Sally the Oscar!!!!!

Utterly beguiling!!!

by Anonymousreply 7111/20/2012

Field really does seminal work in Lincoln. Nice to see her at the height of her powers on the big screen. She's got the Supporting Actress Oscar locked up.

by Anonymousreply 111/17/2012

Which of the View ladies did Sally hit on?

by Anonymousreply 211/17/2012

Did she talk about her gay son?

by Anonymousreply 311/17/2012

[quote]Which of the View ladies did Sally hit on?

none, but she could have had any one of them...they were all so drawn into how nicely she told her story of being cast in Lincoln.

[quote]Did she talk about her gay son?

no...it was all about Lincoln

by Anonymousreply 411/17/2012

Did she give back her Emmy and apologize for Sybil being a fake?

by Anonymousreply 511/17/2012

[quote]she needs a facelift STAT

She refuses to get one because she wants to keep working (plus she got cast as a woman much younger than herself so who needs it?)

[quote]Does Sally identify as openly bi/lez now or does she claim to be straight while being on the DL and having affairs with women?

She jokingly announced she was bi on Jimmy Kimmel...(she bought a place in NYC) as in bicoastal...then said she has two homes and hasn't had a date in either one. Anyway Oscars are much more important and fufilling then personal relationships.

by Anonymousreply 811/17/2012

I'm hoping that Sally sweeps all the awards leading up to the Oscars thus setting her up as the overwhelming favorite to win, but then ends up losing the Oscar, preferably to someone she loathes. Her meltdown would be simply delicious!

by Anonymousreply 911/17/2012

[quote]Anyway Oscars are much more important and fufilling then personal relationships.

Is Miss Field using her Oscars to pleasure herself, by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 1011/17/2012

I like her. I really like her.

by Anonymousreply 1111/17/2012

[quote]Is Miss Field using her Oscars to pleasure herself, by any chance?

Ewwwww, that was a mental picture we most certainly did not need.

by Anonymousreply 1211/17/2012

Wasn't she pretty much finished after that flying nun fiasco?

by Anonymousreply 1311/17/2012

Sally Field lures countless older people into her Boniva trap, only to become crippled by the stuff. Shame on that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1411/17/2012

The Academy has had buyer's remorse ever since her second win in 1985.

No nominations for: Murphy's Romance, Steel Magnolias (!), Not Without My Daughter, Forrest Gump.

I do think she'll be nominated for Lincoln, but either Annette Bening (Imogene) or Amy Adams (The Master) will win. Much more capable actresses, and so overdue it hurts.

There's also Judi Dench who's going blind, and Skyfall is all about her.

Plus AH, but I hope she won't win.

by Anonymousreply 1511/17/2012

I thought she was more enchanting in her two-part interview on Tavis Smiley's show this week.

by Anonymousreply 1611/17/2012

She actually doesn't need a face lift, after all she managed to get the part despite being 20 yrs too old for it. She doesn't look young, but she doesn't look ancient either. The way her age shows is more with her neck. The probably tried to keep it in shadow with overhead lighting, and made her wear a few high collar outfits and distracting necklaces.

by Anonymousreply 1711/17/2012

A "friend" told me about Boniva....

by Anonymousreply 1811/17/2012

that role should have been Patti Duke's

by Anonymousreply 1911/17/2012

how did Sally say she got the role

by Anonymousreply 2011/17/2012

Persistence r20, Daniel was also very helpful by flying in from Ireland to do a screen test with her.

by Anonymousreply 2111/17/2012

I heard the retriever in the Boniva ads isn't even her real dog!

by Anonymousreply 2211/17/2012

Casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 2311/17/2012

Patti = patty

by Anonymousreply 2411/17/2012

The Hollywood drumbeat for Sally Field's third Oscar is getting louder and louder. Her performance really is astonishing and her gracious and generous interviews about the film's making are really sealing the deal. One can joke ad nauseum, but the lady is truly likeable. And the Academy would love to give her an opportunity for an Oscar podium acceptance speech to close the circle on the "You really like me!" meme.

by Anonymousreply 2511/17/2012

I would love to see her win the Oscar. Fuck Anne charmless Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 2611/17/2012

I'm sorry, but I don't think the Academy will ever forgive Sally for lying about Elisabeth Shue's parentage and having Kevin Klein shipped off to do dinner theater in Boca Raton.

by Anonymousreply 2711/17/2012

will they really give her a third Oscar though? that puts her in league with Streep and Nicholson, etc.

Haven't seen the movie yet. Friends saw it last night and raved about it.

by Anonymousreply 2811/17/2012

Is this another Ghandi? An epic that nobody wants to see after the first time? Or is it a real Movie, Movie you really can get into?

by Anonymousreply 2911/17/2012

If "Les Miz" flops, I can see Field becoming the frontrunner. As of now, it seems to be Hathaway's to lose 'cause the role is an amalgam of Oscar faves -- prostitute; single, self-sacrificing mother; cut her hair on-screen; lost 20 pounds; heartwrenching arrest/death scene.

by Anonymousreply 3011/17/2012

Yeah. Yeah. Give Sally Field an Oscar because she did her cheerleader bit on "The View." Whatever. Why Cherry Jones did not get cast for that part is beyond me.

Jesus Christ, Cherry's out and Sally has been poking her foot past the doorframe for a while now, no one would mind if Cherry Jones played Mrs. Lincoln. Not my fault I am making a parody of Cherry's Nun in "Doubt", it's not that I don't like her it's just that I am mocking her for shits and giggles.

HGknbghjujghjnbnBGT^&U*JNMnbvfrtyujmnbgh Ohfuck! njhgHYHJN IthinkI'msoberingup !BGHJKMmnbvghyu78iujn3

Oh shit! I'm sorry. My head fell into the keyboard just then. Well. Let me light up a Pall Mall and refresh my mid day bourbon a bit lest it happens again.

On 28 dec 2012 or some such date in that general range I will be earning my next Oscar nomination in "Thérèse Raquin." What I do will make everyone forget about Sally "Gidget" Field.

Trust me on this, Bitches. I, Jessica 'motherfucking' Lange am back in full effect and know just how to play things when it comes to supporting actress Oscar nominations. And, I, Jessica 'Goddamn I'm Good' Lange, don't need to go on "The View" to prove my point. I did "Jimmy Kimmel" and then I went on his show because I hadn't a younger man in years and I was mildly to moderately as yet otherwise stoned on a bit of mescaline at the time anyway. Don't judge me.

Just remember, if you have to whore yourself out on "The View" then you're not that good to begin with.

If I was on Boniva when Sam pushed me...I mean when I feel down the poarch steps I was sweeping...uh...I would not have much of a face left. I would be playing "Pepper" on "American Horror Story Asylum" right now. Who would want that? Keep that in mind.

by Anonymousreply 3211/17/2012

r30, if they give best actor to DDL - and not Phoenix - awarding Amy Adams will be a means to honor the Master.

Supporting actor will go to Hal Holbrooke, not PSH.

Also, Judi Dench is going blind, and voters might feel this'll be her last chance of getting a second Oscar.

In other words: AH has got a lot of stiff competition, and no-one has even seen her performance yet.

by Anonymousreply 3311/17/2012

Field will be nominated but not win. The political calculus favors Hathaway.

DDL is a sure lock for Best Actor at this point. Lincoln will probably snag Best Pic and Spielberg Director. Kushner may very well win best Screenplay (was this script adapted or original?). That leaves the other major awards open to other actors and other films.

Hooper will not win Best Pic or Director this year even if Les Mis is fantastic. He just won these two yrs ago the Academy isn’t going to reward him again so soon (plus he’s barely 40 and has many yrs and films ahead of him yet). In order to reward the film they'll nominate Jackman and Hathaway which she’ll win -if- her performance is as halfway as good as the hype. Otherwise the nom will be it for her, and look for Adams or someone else from another film to take it.

Lincoln may very well merit best supporting actor noms as well although they most likely won’t win. Its rare for one film to hog all the major awards in a sweep anymore. Can’t think of the last time this happened but its been a while.

by Anonymousreply 3411/17/2012

[quote]Its rare for one film to hog all the major awards in a sweep anymore. Can’t think of the last time this happened but its been a while.

Are you referring to the Big Five? Only three films have won the Big Five Academy Award categories -- Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, Screenplay. They are "It Happened One Night," "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," and "The Silence of the Lambs." The latter was 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3511/17/2012

Big Five or close to it. my point was its seems to be out of favor to have one film take most or all of the major academy awards. Lincoln is going to do very well and take a good number of these but voters are likely to leave room for others to be honored.

by Anonymousreply 3611/17/2012

Streep troll the Master bombed and got very mixed reviews. Adams is way past due certainly but this probably isn’t her year. Haven’t heard anything about Bening or her movie but it’s always a possibility with her the Academy respects her and nominates her whenever they can. Dench is a factor as well.

Unless Les Mis is really so-so look for Hathaway to take it. There’s a chance she could peak early or blow up her own chances if she keeps over milking the pr machine and puts people off (always a problem for her). If the movie is great the voters will have to find a way to reward Hooper and since they can’t honor him directly they’ll use her as a proxy.

by Anonymousreply 3711/17/2012

Adams is not winning it. Love her, but she's not going to ever win for straight drama. It's not her forte.

Dench won't be nominated or win.

Steep troll is way off.

by Anonymousreply 3811/17/2012

I wonder if Hathaway will suffer as a result of her execrable hosting performance in 2011.

[quote]The latter was 20 years ago Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3911/17/2012

[quote]Why Cherry Jones did not get cast for that part is beyond me.

Because she's a great big tall woman and Mary was tiny.

by Anonymousreply 4011/17/2012

Dear Jessica @r32,

I quit that role....not much to it.

by Anonymousreply 4111/17/2012

[quote]Also, Judi Dench is going blind, and voters might feel this'll be her last chance of getting a second Oscar.

I'm not going blind you bitches!!!! I have cleared this up!! I'm just being treated for age related macular degeneration! Highly treatable and normal...not blinding. That was just a British tabloid exageration!!!

by Anonymousreply 4211/17/2012

I've always liked Sally.

For some reason, Smokey and the Bandit has been all over the tube lately. Maybe young people have taken a liking to it.

I remember as a kid watching it in the theater with my siblings in 1977. Augusta, Georgia to be exact. We were visiting my Dad's mom.

I had forgotten how hysterical Jackie Gleason was in this....

That is not germane to the situation.

"The God damn Germans have got nothing to do with it!" Makes me laugh every time.

by Anonymousreply 4311/17/2012

[quote]DDL is a sure lock for Best Actor at this point.

Nice try. Nobody else comes close to Denzel's performance. At this point Denzel is undoubtedly the runaway favorite to win Best Actor.

by Anonymousreply 4411/18/2012

[quote]Nice try. Nobody else comes close to Denzel's performance. At this point Denzel is undoubtedly the runaway favorite to win Best Actor.

just in your head r44

by Anonymousreply 4511/18/2012

The Academy owes Denzel for denying him the Oscars that he deserved for Malcolm X and The Hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 4611/18/2012

[quote]The Academy owes Denzel for denying him the Oscars that he deserved for Malcolm X and The Hurricane.

That is why they gave him the one for Training Day.

by Anonymousreply 4711/18/2012

Please. The year he won for Training Day, he happened to be the best of the five nominees, even though that is not his best performance. Denzel deserved both the Oscars that he won plus two of the three that he didn't win.

by Anonymousreply 4811/18/2012

The Academy is not going to give Washington a 3rd Oscar over DDL's exquisite portrayal of a beloved and respected American hero. I'm not too sure about Supporting Actor, but I think at this point it's DDL's (Actor), Jennifer Lawrence's (Actress), and Hathaway's (Supporting Actress) to lose. If "Les Miz" is a hit, then Hathaway has it in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 4911/18/2012

It is odd about Jennifer Lawrence...I'm reading the novel and the character is barely in it. So far hard to see this as a leading Oscar role. (have there been any reviews so far?)

by Anonymousreply 5011/18/2012

Denzel troll needs to comprehend that Denzel has played the same character for 30 years now, starting with his part in "St. Elsewhere".

He is one of the most limited actors out there, and so overrated it's not funny anymore.

Will Smith is more versatile and interesting at this point than Denzel Washington.

Enough about him please.

by Anonymousreply 5111/18/2012

Uh, r52, Denzel is one of the most HOMOPHOBIC actors around.

Meryl has played lesbian *twice* in her career, and is a relentless activist for gay rights.

Denzel = won't miss an opportunity to say how 'uncomfortable' he would feel playing a gay character.

Now whose filmography is 'white bread', fuckcake?

He's an asshole, and you're an asshole defending him - on a gay board, no less.

FUCK OFF!

by Anonymousreply 5311/18/2012

[quote]Why Cherry Jones did not get cast for that part is beyond me.

Because Cherry Jones is an overrated twat who is only worshipped on DL!!

by Anonymousreply 5411/18/2012

"Denzel is one of the finest, most versatile actors in the business today. There isn't one white actor who even comes close."

Bwahahaha!

1) he has played the SAME character in all his movies, the tough-butch brooding hero type. YAWN.

As for black actors, Laurence Fishburne / Forest Whitaker / Djimon Hinsou / Don Cheadle all own his ass -- so much for me being racist, you racist little freak.

2.) "No white actor comes close"

Uh, even a lesser talent such as Tom Hanks is more versatile than DW, and certainly keeps challenging himself more.

As form major talents, Daniel Day-Lewis / Sean Penn / Michael Fassbender / Liam Neeson / Ralph Fiennes / Geoffrey Rush all mop the floor with tired one-note Denzel Washington.

Next!

by Anonymousreply 5511/18/2012

[quote]As form major talents, Daniel Day-Lewis / Sean Penn / Michael Fassbender / Liam Neeson / Ralph Fiennes / Geoffrey Rush all mop the floor with tired one-note Denzel Washington.

Penn, DDL are huge hams. Neeson is as one note as they come and to refer to Neeson as a "major talent" is absurd!! Rush generally gets cast to play the same character over and over again sort of like DW. Fiennes is OK. I haven't watched Fassbender in anything.

by Anonymousreply 5611/18/2012

And r56, sweetie, Geoffrey Rush in 'Shine' bears no similarity to his performance in 'The Kings's Speech'.

You lose on that front as well.

Ralph Fiennes too challenges himself with wildly different roles. A fearless actor, unlike DW.

I'll give you Liam Neeson, that one is up for debate.

by Anonymousreply 5811/18/2012

[quote]Because Cherry Jones is an overrated twat who is only worshiped on DL!!

If there was a play about Lincoln and not a film then, in my imagination, I could see Cherry Jones playing Mary Todd Lincoln. You know. A quintessentially American stage actress playing one of the most well known ladies of US history would be a no brainer in that regard. She also actually looks a bit like Mary Todd Lincoln (sadly) but is a great deal taller and all.

Since Lincoln was made into a film. It makes perfect sense that the most quintessentially American t.v. and film actress going is playing Mary Todd Lincoln. I think Sally Field was great casting and her overall demographic is really fierce in that it is wide-ranging and multi-generational in scope.

I adore Sally Field. The history behind her career is really quite something and she has also kept her life somewhat private for a great many years now.

by Anonymousreply 5911/18/2012

What R56 said!

Streep Troll is in serious need of an intervention!

by Anonymousreply 6011/18/2012

I see dl now has an angry black man troll.

Do you, perhaps, know the angry black female troll? That racist shit usually talks her smack on the Tiger Woods threads.

by Anonymousreply 6311/18/2012

Feh, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Here she struggles through a bunch of dialogue using a stock "Suthun" accent.

by Anonymousreply 6411/18/2012

From "Only When I Laugh":

Joan Hackett to Marsha Mason: "Why do you live in this neighborhood? Why don't you move?"

Marsha: "Because I only pay $400 a month, it's a sublet from Mary Todd Lincoln!"

by Anonymousreply 6511/18/2012

R 59 that should have been patty Duke's roll

by Anonymousreply 6611/18/2012

Some lucky gay boy out there will couple with Sally's son and have her as a mother in law!! Let it be me!!!

by Anonymousreply 6711/19/2012

r64 - you do realize that she was exaggerating her accent because the men she was talking to despised her. To them, she was a Southern sympathizer and not to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 6811/19/2012

How old is Mary Todd supposed to be in the film?

by Anonymousreply 6911/20/2012

Mary (b. December 13, 1818) was 46 during the events in the film (1965); Sally was 64, turned 65 during filming (b. November 6, 1946).

by Anonymousreply 7011/20/2012

Field was also on Katie Couric's show yesterday and absolutely knocked the interview out the park. She again praised Spielberg and DDL without being obsequious and ieven ndulged Katie in her bizarre Giidget obsession. It was a master class in handling Oscar pr. Sally has her third Oscar in the bag people.

by Anonymousreply 7111/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.