Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

David Geffen buys tax-evading Denise Rich's Fifth Avenue penthouse for $54million.

Record executive and producer David Geffen finalized a deal last week to buy the luxury penthouse apartment owned by socialite Denise Rich on Manhattan's Upper East Side for record-smashing $54million.

Rich, 68, the Grammy-nominated songwriter who renounced her American passport in November, was originally asking $65million for the stunning 12,000 square-foot Fifth Avenue dwelling, but settled for a sum nearly 17 per cent lower than her asking price, according to the Wall Street Journal. Still, the deal marks the highest price ever paid for a co-op in Manhattan, according to Jonathan Miller, president at Miller Samuel Real Estate Appraisers & Consultants.

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2012

I want to post some nasty comment but those views are spectacular! I'd pay $54M if I had it. A postcard view from every room.

by Anonymousreply 111/16/2012

If I had that penthouse, I don't think I would ever leave it. Did you see the floorplans? There's really no reason to leave it.

As it is now, I couldn't even afford a broom closet in that place.

by Anonymousreply 211/16/2012

Who's David's boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 311/21/2012

As always, the comments in the linked article are hilarious. "DemocRAT" is so third grade worthy and spewed as if it is original.

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!