Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

David Geffen buys tax-evading Denise Rich's Fifth Avenue penthouse for $54million.

Record executive and producer David Geffen finalized a deal last week to buy the luxury penthouse apartment owned by socialite Denise Rich on Manhattan's Upper East Side for record-smashing $54million.

Rich, 68, the Grammy-nominated songwriter who renounced her American passport in November, was originally asking $65million for the stunning 12,000 square-foot Fifth Avenue dwelling, but settled for a sum nearly 17 per cent lower than her asking price, according to the Wall Street Journal. Still, the deal marks the highest price ever paid for a co-op in Manhattan, according to Jonathan Miller, president at Miller Samuel Real Estate Appraisers & Consultants.

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2012

I want to post some nasty comment but those views are spectacular! I'd pay $54M if I had it. A postcard view from every room.

by Anonymousreply 111/16/2012

If I had that penthouse, I don't think I would ever leave it. Did you see the floorplans? There's really no reason to leave it.

As it is now, I couldn't even afford a broom closet in that place.

by Anonymousreply 211/16/2012

Who's David's boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 311/21/2012

As always, the comments in the linked article are hilarious. "DemocRAT" is so third grade worthy and spewed as if it is original.

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.