Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Virginia GOP official predicts Obama "goes to hell"

Bob FitzSimmonds, an official in the Virginia Republican Party and close ally of Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli, posted a comment on his Facebook page Wednesday that predicts President Barack Obama's eternal damnation.

"When Obama is 90 years old and he dies and goes to Hell, he is going to say 'This is all Bush's fault,'" FitzSimmonds wrote.

FitzSimmonds, who previously worked as a legislative aide for Cuccinelli and ran unsuccessfully for the Virginia state Senate, now serves as chief deputy clerk for Prince William Circuit Court and treasurer of the Virginia Republican Party's State Central Committee. He told the Hampton Roads Pilot in an email Thursday that he sees nothing wrong with his comment about the president.

"My Facebook post was not about Obama going to Hell," he said. "It was about his obsession with blame shifting and I don't really see anything inappropriate about it."

Cuccinelli's campaign spokesman, Noah Wall, said the Virginia attorney general disagrees with FitzSimmonds' assessment. "Mr. FitzSimmonds does not speak for our campaign," Wall said.

Brian Moran, chairman of the Virginia Democratic Party, issued a statement on Thursday urging Cuccinelli and the Virginia GOP to condemn FitzSimmonds' statement.

"Taking to Facebook to muse on the death of the President of the United States and whether or not he will go to hell is well below the standard of conduct Virginians set for their public officials and political leaders," Moran said. "Mr. FitzSimmonds should apologize and his close allies like Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli and Republican Party of Virginia Chairman Pat Mullins should condemn his inflammatory remarks immediately. As leaders in Washington put the elections behind them and try to solve the enormous challenges we face as a country, this type of rhetoric raises serious questions about whether certain factions of the Republican party are capable of putting Virginia families ahead of ugly partisan rancor."

by Anonymousreply 1811/17/2012

Okay, does anyone else see a very tiresome pattern with these GOP assbags?

Insult, attack, deny, backtrack.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Oh, joy. Four more years of this...

by Anonymousreply 111/16/2012

Such a relief to know that most of these old white men will be slipping into dementia and fading off the radar soon enough. Until then, we must continue to agitate them by doing what's right, thereby creating their own living hell.

by Anonymousreply 211/16/2012

You know the great thing about people,They'll All Die Eventually!

by Anonymousreply 311/16/2012

It's a fair trade: if Romney had been elected, the entire country would be in hell. Now.

by Anonymousreply 411/16/2012

I was hoping to see the President there, but I wasn't sure he'd make the cut as easily as I will - this is excellent news.

by Anonymousreply 511/16/2012

At least he was generous to give Obama a long life.

by Anonymousreply 611/16/2012

I heard it reported earlier that Obama's approval rating polled at 58% today. Highest in 3.5 years.

Keep it up, GOP scum!

by Anonymousreply 711/16/2012

The Gift Mr. Obama has given me is watching these repulsive pale-bellied worms writhe on the rocks as the light of day beats down on them.

At least we know that the Republican Party either will purge itself of the radical Xtian Taliban and turn to reality-based positions, or it will fall farther into the pit and cease to exist.

In the meantime, squeak, nasty creatures. Squeak.

by Anonymousreply 911/16/2012

Rethuglicans seem to be completely incapable of just shutting the fuck up and not making idiotic and moronic statements. They can't do it. The stupid just comes right out.

by Anonymousreply 1011/16/2012

"The Gift Mr. Obama has given me is watching these repulsive pale-bellied worms writhe on the rocks as the light of day beats down on them."

That's somewhat "poetic".

by Anonymousreply 1111/16/2012

Hell GOP official predicts Obama will go to Virginia.

Appears we have a stand-off.

Though, being that hell is the Vatican of the GOP church, the outcome is predictable.

by Anonymousreply 1211/16/2012

R9 and they are. These fuckers are unhinged online. I posted in a Benghazi thread earlier on a news site. Some guy told me that in the coming war libs like me would be the first to die and he couldn't wait.

by Anonymousreply 1311/16/2012

They should definitely keep saying things exactly like this. DON'T STOP NOW GOP! Keep the crazy coming!

by Anonymousreply 1411/16/2012

Why are they such miserable sore losers? I've seen problem children denied candy who act more mature and reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 1511/16/2012

"It was about his obsession with blame shifting"

by Anonymousreply 1611/17/2012

Perhaps he's angry that Obama won Virginia for the 2nd election in a row.

by Anonymousreply 1711/17/2012

R15 Nails it. Just a bunch of piss poor loosers. I wish I could take them all to a parallel time line where a Mormon ran the world and ask if they still think Obama is all that bad.

by Anonymousreply 1811/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!