Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm a 300 pound fatty and I just walked 4 miles at the gym.

The treadmill weight limit was 400 pounds, so it held me.

I got stuck in the hip flex machine and had to be extricated by 2 skinny women.

I have decided to get into shape and if I'm still miserable and dateless and lonely, I will kill myself. But I'm going to try to get healthy.

by Anonymousreply 8711/17/2012

Good for you, OP. You gotta start somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 111/16/2012

OP don't worry about it. it's never the journey you start but the one you finish.

you will feel really empowered when you can walk that bit faster, farther and get stronger.

see it as an investment in yourself and future.

i always picture being naked in front of a really hot guy and imagine myself as buff and hot.. (it's my goal..) when i am running km's on the treadmill and fantasising about kfc.

by Anonymousreply 211/16/2012

Gabba Gabba we accept you we accept you one of us!!!

by Anonymousreply 311/16/2012

Congratulations! Keep us posted on your progress. You can be an inspiration to the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 411/16/2012

good for you. my 300 pound woman friend lost down to a size 10 by walking. she walked everyday rain or shine or snow. good for her. and good for you. you can do it just set your automatic pilot to do it and don't talk yourself out of it.

by Anonymousreply 511/16/2012

Good luck OP. And if you are a guy, keep some meat on those bones.

by Anonymousreply 611/16/2012

Rock on, OP.

I admire you.

by Anonymousreply 711/16/2012

Good luck, OP! I'm rooting for you.

by Anonymousreply 811/16/2012

Post a headless pic so we can judge/ criticize/ degrade/ motivate you.

by Anonymousreply 911/16/2012

Good for you OP, but but your statement about about killing yourself if dateless and lonely is hopefully just for dramatic effect, because being thin doesn't necessarily mean finding love either. Do it for yourself first and foremost.

by Anonymousreply 1111/16/2012

See it as an investment in yourself and the future?

"I have decided to get into shape and if I'm still miserable and dateless and lonely, I will kill myself."

Get help, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1411/16/2012

Good for you and don't get discouraged. I know a guy who was 350 and is now down to 190 and he looks...AMAAAZING!!! It's really improved his health and social life.

by Anonymousreply 1511/16/2012

Go for it, OP! And don't forget to keep us posted.

by Anonymousreply 1611/16/2012

Why not try walking TO the gym? (and everywhere else)

by Anonymousreply 1711/16/2012

you disgust me

by Anonymousreply 1811/16/2012

Good luck, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1911/16/2012

[quote]I got stuck in the hip flex machine and had to be extricated by 2 skinny women.

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 2011/16/2012

OP = Chris Christie ?

by Anonymousreply 2111/16/2012

In addition to exercise make sure you eat less. Much less. Try weight watchers for guidance.

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

OP, I started at 305 a year ago and have lost 75 lbs. You can do it. You need to count calories to lose. Exercise helps, but it's really the calories that make the difference.

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

Also good news for the OP is the report that Hostess will be shutting down it's production of Twinkies and Suzy-Qs.

You'll be ready for bikini weather by next spring, OP!

by Anonymousreply 2611/16/2012

With Hostess out of business, there's one less temptation.

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

good luck, Elayne

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

OP, how I lost was to remind myself that I knew what all the stuff I loved tasted like. I love sugar and so each time I was tempted to get something sugary, I just stopped for a moment and thought about how I knew exactly what it already tasted like. I had a good run with food for 20 years. Food is great. It tastes great and it's comforting sometimes. But if you really want to be healthy, you have to remind yourself that food is also fuel. When you take in too much fuel, your body doesn't burn it and you get fat. Take in just the right amount and it will burn off the excess fuel you already have.

And I do allow myself a treat or two on the weekends. If you deprive yourself totally, you will fail. Get some books on Mindfulness and teach yourself how to change your thinking about food. "Savor" is a good book about this subject.

by Anonymousreply 2911/16/2012

This guy did it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3011/16/2012

Why do you let yourself get so grotesque? Didn't you notice you were fat 150 pounds ago?

by Anonymousreply 3111/16/2012

r29 - thank you for sharing that. It is really good and valuable advice.

r30 - thanks too.

OP - CONGRATULATIONS! That walk to the gym was the first step. You are already doing really well. You have inspired me and who knows how many read your post (a LOT).

You are doing great and I am taking inspiration from you.

Please check in with us when you can.

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2012

So what happens if you weight train put on muscle with no walking / cardio?

Will the fat ever burn away.

I seriously hate cardio.

by Anonymousreply 3311/16/2012

I was going to post something semi-affirming to the OP, then I read r25, laughed my ass off and forgot what I was going to say.

This is probably because I am a cunt at heart.

by Anonymousreply 3411/16/2012

[quote]You need to count calories to lose.

Sorry, but no. You need to really watch the carbs. Calorie counting has been debunked a million times. Carbs will make you hungry, which leads to overeating. That's not to say you cut out all carbs. OP, cut out the bread. Trust me, it will work. Bread is used in food, whether it's breaded, mixed with bread, or served on a bun. Bread is a big culprit in obesity, BUT you have to cut out the snacking. If you can manage that, bread is the other big one to avoid.

You can absolutely do this. A big thing you need to do is take the enjoyment out of eating. Don't eat in front of the television. Enjoyment from tv gets mixed with eating. You start linking the two together psychologically.

Carbs boost serotonin, so you get a really good feeling when you eat them. This helps if you're depressed. This is another reason why people pig out on them.

You need to find new foods to enjoy -- alternatives to the abundance of carbs.

You have to watch what you drink as well.

You should take Metamucil (the powder) if your digestive habits go out of whack. This happens whenever you change your diet.

About exercise -- if going to a gym and walking for miles starring at a wall gets boring (which it does, and is a reason why people stop going), start taking walks.

I don't know what your situation is, but a psychiatrist, not a therapist, could be a good thing to look into. You sound depressed, which is probably the reason for your weight to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 3511/16/2012

can I smell your hole now?

by Anonymousreply 3611/16/2012

R20, I did too get stuck in the machine. It was easy to flop down at an angle into the hip machine, but I could not fight gravity to get myself back up. Each woman pulled one side of the machine/weights back so I could get up. we all laughed.

by Anonymousreply 3711/16/2012

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2012

Good for you OP!!!! Seriously NEVER GIVE UP!

My first day in the Gym 15 years ago at 220lbs, I got on the treadmill next to a 70 year old lady and after 1 minute I could no longer keep up and she was running like crazy.

And listen to all the good advice about diet.

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2012

OP keep at it :) You'll have a whole new body. Don't be ashamed of going to the gym-all of us at 1 time started at the gym with a body we didn't like, whether it was too thin or fat.

Just keep up your work outs and change your diet and you will get plenty of dates, but remember your personality is important too.

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2012

Start saving your pennies because once you have the weight off, you'll have a ton of nasty droopy excess skin that will make you look worse than just being fat. You'll need surgery to get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 4111/16/2012

I love OP and R25. What a mixed message.

OP, just keep doing what you are doing. Major props!

by Anonymousreply 4211/16/2012

[quote]Why not try walking TO the gym?

This is what I have been doing for 2 years and I love it. I walk 3 miles to my gym. When I get there I shower, then hit the steam room, then shower, then hit the hot tub, shower, then dry off in the sauna. My job is 3 blocks away.

It gets me up in the morning, it's my favorite part of the day.

And, I lost 15 pounds and have kept it off.

by Anonymousreply 4311/16/2012

It's the Weekly Fatty Thread

by Anonymousreply 4411/16/2012

Um r35 my 75 lbs lost just by counting calories says otherwise.

Yes, cutting down on carbs helps, but calories in, calories out works.

Sorry that you don't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 4511/16/2012

Your turds will get smaller too, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4611/16/2012

Just don't get stuck-up when you start to lose weight, OP. :)

by Anonymousreply 4811/16/2012

I'm also curious about building muscle before you have lost the fat. Do you bulk up and then deflate a little?

by Anonymousreply 4911/16/2012

R13...lol, for real. Good job.

by Anonymousreply 5011/16/2012

Pretty much, R49.

Although I think it depends to some extent on individual body composition.

by Anonymousreply 5111/16/2012

Wasn't there a thread on here a while back about gaining a inch in dick size for every so many pounds lost?

by Anonymousreply 5211/16/2012

Search Reddit for "progress pics." Fuck, I'll just put it below. Lots of before and after of people and how they did. You'll be VERY inspired.

by Anonymousreply 5311/16/2012

Better to try and fail than to not try and be assured of failure.

by Anonymousreply 5411/17/2012

God, this thread is like frau nirvana.

by Anonymousreply 5511/17/2012

You sound really fat, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5611/17/2012

Walk every day, don't think about it, just do it, make it a habit. Diets suck, look at Dr. Gott's no sugar no flour diet. Not real fast but you don't suffer. Walk everyday

by Anonymousreply 5711/17/2012

does your ass crack get all lathered up?

by Anonymousreply 5811/17/2012

Op, good for you sugar! :)

by Anonymousreply 5911/17/2012

I mean good that you have the will to try! Stop sulking! You can improve yourself in many ways either you manage to lose weight or not. Kiss!

by Anonymousreply 6011/17/2012

I did have to apply Vaseline to my inner thighs when I got homee b/c I had raw skin from the walking friction.

by Anonymousreply 6111/17/2012

Sweetie!!!!!!!!!!! :)

by Anonymousreply 6211/17/2012

Keep going OP! The most important thing is that you want to improve your health. If you have a reason, you will make the steady effort. I advise to learn more about nutrition. Become informed about what you put in your body. If you can't visit a nutritionist, read a book like The South Beach Diet. It teaches what foods raise the glycemic index. Bill Clinton learned to manage his eating using South Beach. Best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 6311/17/2012

Bill Clinton has the "former fatty" look.

by Anonymousreply 6411/17/2012

I started out at almost 275 pounds (5'11") just about a year ago. Diabetic. I fired up the long dormant treadmill sitting in the corner of the living room and was determined to get this weight down.

I passed the one year anniversary on Nov 1 and even though I haven't weighed myself and probably won't, I know I have lost a considerable amount of weight in that year. I can fit into pants that I was considering giving to charity.

I feel so good about myself now. I also changed my diet and was able to give up entirely the two worst things I have ever put into my mouth: potato chips and ice cream. I also cut way back on any type of cake and white bread.

I walk at least a half hour a day at varying speeds. I tried watching TV, but I found that the best thing, for me, is to listen to music as I'm treading on the mill. I did not use the mill maybe 15 days for various reasons. It has become a part of my daily routine.

You can do it too, OP. Take it one tread at a time and don't let yourself get discouraged. You may not realize it, but that weight is coming off slowly but surely. Hang on in there.

by Anonymousreply 6511/17/2012

Please, Please, PLEASE do not cut your fat intake to the point where you screw up your gall bladder. I did that. It was the worst pain in my life. My dr wanted to remove it but another dr said if I resumed eating normally, it would probably get back to functioning normally. He was right. 15 years later and my gall bladder is fine.

by Anonymousreply 6611/17/2012

434 lbs in April 2011. Diet, trainer,gym,and gastric bypass. 18 1/2 months later, 171 lbs now- lost 260+ lbs...- still at the gym-going now in fact- and did have the body lift surgery 4 months ago. They removed 22 lbs of skin and fat, and the recovery process took 6 weeks and was pure hell. Pain like no other, drainage tubes for 17 days, no sleep, too many pain meds, but in the end was worth it. Plastic surgeon wants to do more- my tits and ass- but would rather die. Just turned 53 btw, and look forward to another 53....to all those contemplating gastric bypass, do not think twice- GO FOR IT.........

by Anonymousreply 6711/17/2012

I watched some doctor on the Dr. Oz show (I know) and he basically said that exercise has no real benefit if you work at a job where you sit more than 8 hours per day. He went on to say that if you indeed do have such a job, you might as well be smoking a pack of cigarettes per day, because it is just as if not more, harmful. He made we want to give up on everything. I wish I had never seen that episode.

by Anonymousreply 6811/17/2012

What were you doing in the hip flex machine? Be honest.

by Anonymousreply 6911/17/2012

Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 7011/17/2012

Dr Oz is in the business of manufactured outrage.

Yeah it's not great to be sedentary, but the solution is get up and walk around every hour or so. some offices now have treadmills you can walk on while working.

by Anonymousreply 7111/17/2012

r68, fuck that guy. I have a desk job, but I get up at least once an hour to get tea or go to the bathroom.

I think getting an hour of exercise a day and eating mostly fresh foods (non-processed) is the best approach.

by Anonymousreply 7211/17/2012

OP, let me know when you get down to 250 and I'll tap that ass.

by Anonymousreply 7311/17/2012

[quote]With Hostess out of business, there's one less temptation.

Not so fast . . .

by Anonymousreply 7411/17/2012

OP bless you and best of luck!. Remember to dribk between 80-90 ounces of water every day, and get rid of starches. Lots of fiber.

The other thing you might want to try is getting yourself some free weights. Start with the 7 pounders. Building muscle will help you burn fat, and you can do your weights while you watch TV.

by Anonymousreply 7511/17/2012

Hit and run OP = troll?

by Anonymousreply 7611/17/2012

Fatty Op, i want to rub your belly.

by Anonymousreply 7711/17/2012

OP, if your thighs are getting chafed, wear nylons or long underwear or bicycle shorts underneath your clothes. Nylons work really well for that.

Go to a diet website, find out how much fat, protein, carbs, etc you are supposed to eat per day for your age and weight and try to get as close to that as you can. At the weight you are, it will take some time to lose it all and you can't go for months on end being malnourished or your hair will fall out and your nails will break.

by Anonymousreply 7811/17/2012

OP I bet you already have awesome calves! if you have access to a pool you may want to try out some exercises in the water to spare your joints. and for that same reason riding a bike I think is better than running on a treadmill

by Anonymousreply 7911/17/2012

Dr. Oz has people on the show who are total wackjobs. I know a guy who has a completely unrelated liberal arts degree who has been on the show numerous times dispensing borderline medical advice! He has ZERO EDUCATION in any of the subjects he opines about! He's one of those people who yearns to be a celebrity, and because he is incredibly Eve Harrington-esque has gotten himself into that tv inner sanctum. Dr. Oz should have his head examined for having unlicensed, and phony experts dishing out quasi medical advice.

by Anonymousreply 8011/17/2012

r68

Don't believe that utter bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 8111/17/2012

Best of luck to you OP! Go for it! I once weighed 350 and I am down to 225 at the moment and plan on losing 40 more if possible (I'm 5'11"). I've had a lot of luck with cutting out starches, flour, sugar, HFCS, etc. I do indulge, but have learned how to cut down on my cravings and not indulge so much.

Just keep going! There were days when I thought I'd never get below 300, and then it happened. Thought I'd never get below 250, and it finally happened. Patience, good nutrition, and making an effort have all paid off, and they will pay off for you!

by Anonymousreply 8211/17/2012

[quote]I did have to apply Vaseline to my inner thighs when I got homee b/c I had raw skin from the walking friction.

I apply Vaseline between my toes to keep from getting blisters. I also carry it when backpacking along with cotton balls. It makes a great emergency fire starter.

by Anonymousreply 8311/17/2012

OP, good for you. You have to take the long view. Like 2 or 3 years. THAT'S what you plan for. Think of it as getting a degree - a Degree in Hotness.

This way you can also start saving money toward a new wardrobe. Don't spend too much of the wardrobe along the way - unless you have money to burn.

Maybe even give yourself a wonderful goal as a present. In 3 years I will give myself a gift of a vacation to DREAM LOCATION. You will look fabulous and want to show yourself off, you will have the energy to walk around and do things, and no one there will know that you were once fat. This will be a tremendous ego boost.

Good luck. You CAN do this.

by Anonymousreply 8411/17/2012

Aaw. Good luck OP. In the meantime perhaps you can cruise a specialty dating site dedicated to chubby chasers. Some people look to your eyes and soul and don't concentrate on weight. There's someone for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 8511/17/2012

OP is still AWOL.

by Anonymousreply 8611/17/2012

R86, he better not be in the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 8711/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.