Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Missouri police foil mass murder plot at `Twilight` screening

BOLIVAR, MO (KCTV5) - A 20-year-old man is accused of buying assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition in a plot to commit mass murder at a Twilight screening and a Missouri Walmart.

Blaec Lammers' plot was foiled because his mother alerted police, according to court documents.

The woman told police her son had bought weapons similar to those used by a gunman inside an Aurora, CO, movie theater showing the premiere of the latest Batman movie. Twelve people died and 58 were injured in Colorado.

"His mother further stated that, with the opening of the new Twilight movie, she was concerned that Blaec Lammers may have intentions of shooting people at the movie," according to the court documents.

After he was taken in for questioning, Lammers admitted he had bought the firearms with the intention of shooting up the movie theater in Bolivar on Sunday. However, he later decided to also target a Walmart because he feared running out of ammunition and he would have access to additional ammunition inside the Walmart, according to court documents.

He also had been practicing using the weapons at a nearby shooting range, according to court documents.

Lammers is being held on a $500,000 bond. He was charged Friday with first-degree assault, making a terroristic threat and armed criminal action.

The mother contacted police on Thursday. In 2009, Lammers claimed he wanted to fatally stab a Walmart employee and followed the employee around the store before he was contacted by officers, according to court documents.

Lammers was not convicted in state court in association with this. Before Friday, he had only faced speeding tickets.

"Blaec Lammers stated that he had a lot in common with the people involved in (recent mass shootings). Blaec Lammers stated that he was quiet, kind of a loner, had recently purchased firearms and didn't tell anybody about it, and had homicidal thoughts," according to court documents.

He then told officers he bought the assault weapons with the plans of killing people watching the Breaking Dawn Part 2 movie on Sunday, according to court documents. He had already purchased tickets and said, "he was going to shoot people at the movie theater on that night," according to court documents.

Despite purchasing 400 rounds of ammunition, Lammers allegedly told police that he feared running out of ammunition.

"So he decided that he would go and shoot people at Walmart in Bolivar," according to court documents. "Blaec Lammers stated that he would walk into the store and just start shooting people at random and if he ran out of ammunition . . . he would just break the glass where the ammunition is stored and get some more and keep on shooting until police arrived. Blaec Lammers then stated that he would then turn himself into police when they arrived."

One rifle was purchased on Monday while the second was bought on Tuesday. Court documents did not state where Lammers made the purchases.

Lammers said he had been to a shooting range in Aldrich to practice using the rifles.

"Blaec Lammers stated that he had never shot a gun before and wanted to make sure he knew how they functioned," according to court documents.

by Anonymousreply 3911/17/2012

If I were named "Blaec Lammers," I think I might have homicidal tendencies, too.

by Anonymousreply 111/16/2012

Oh Amurica.

by Anonymousreply 211/16/2012

This story has it all - WalMart, Missouri, guns, Twilight and a boy named "Blaec".

by Anonymousreply 311/16/2012

[quote]Oh Amurica.

It's MURICA, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 411/16/2012

Damn!

by Anonymousreply 511/16/2012

They foiled it???

by Anonymousreply 611/16/2012

Blaec? His name is Blaec?!! That's not a name, it's a federally-funded, Tea Party scooter!

by Anonymousreply 711/16/2012

I bet I can guess his race and his political persuasion: White and arch-conservative.

by Anonymousreply 811/16/2012

I hope the judge takes into consideration during sentencing that it *was* a Twilight movie, after all....

by Anonymousreply 911/16/2012

Twilight? Why target Twihards? Their punishment is being Twihards. Death would lift that curse.

by Anonymousreply 1011/16/2012

Blaec from Bolivar. Only in America. Kudos to the mother for turning him in, although maybe not so much for her parenting skills. I guess you can turn out fucked up even with proper parenting, though.

by Anonymousreply 1111/16/2012

And... he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 1211/16/2012

NOT HOT.

by Anonymousreply 1311/16/2012

Let me guess: He sent fanmail to either Taylor Lautner or P-Ratz and he didn't get any response. My guess it was Taylor Lautner (his managment not being cool with paying attention to male - most likely gay - Twilight fans).

by Anonymousreply 1411/16/2012

This "quiet loner" has 252 Facebook friends (mostly girls)?

by Anonymousreply 1511/16/2012

Couldn't get laid.

by Anonymousreply 1611/16/2012

he shouldn't have bothered... it the last in the series anyway..

if he was going to do anything he should have just take one bullet and put stewarts name on it

by Anonymousreply 1711/16/2012

Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 1811/16/2012

"Blaec Lammers then stated that he would then turn himself into police when they arrived."

Damned slippery shape-shifters!

by Anonymousreply 1911/16/2012

Too bad they stopped him.

by Anonymousreply 2011/16/2012

This is one mass murder that most of us would have been very happy to let happen.

by Anonymousreply 2111/16/2012

Could easily pass for 35.

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

So, it's pronounced "Blech?"

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

[quote]This story has it all - WalMart, Missouri, guns, Twilight and a boy named "Blaec".

DL heaven.

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012

You can be Latino and White. Latino is not a race.

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

Let me guess...he purchased the assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition at Walmart?!!!

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

"A 20-year-old man is accused of buying assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition in a plot to commit mass murder at a Twilight screening and a Missouri Walmart."

I assume the Datalounge has just lost its youngest member.

by Anonymousreply 2911/17/2012

[quote]Blaec Lammers' plot was foiled because his mother alerted police

The police didn't foil shit. His momma told on him.

by Anonymousreply 3011/17/2012

[quote] Missouri police foil mass murder plot at 'Twilight' screening

Damn, damn, damn!!!!

[quote] LATINO, not white, and more likely to be an Obama supporter.

Or maybe he's just tired of Twilight fantards, along with the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 3111/17/2012

He has a history of mental illness and was off his meds at the time. Momma did the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 3211/17/2012

"check his fb page friends - LATINO, not white, and more likely to be an Obama supporter"

Please, just because he's a Latino doesn't mean he's an Obama supporter.

It's usually freepers who are obsessed with guns

by Anonymousreply 3311/17/2012

If only he had succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 3411/17/2012

That's rude, James Holmes @R34

by Anonymousreply 3511/17/2012

Where are his shirtless iPhone pics? Please post. He looks like he would have good nipple placement.

by Anonymousreply 3611/17/2012

What a traitor of a mother. How could she betray her own blood like that? Shame.

by Anonymousreply 3711/17/2012

r32, great.

Now he'll go to prison and never get the meds/help he obviously needs.

Our treatment of the mentally ill is barbaric.

by Anonymousreply 3811/17/2012

Yes, R37, it always sucks when your mother interrupts your plans for mass murder.

by Anonymousreply 3911/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.