Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Santorum Organizing for 2016

November 15, 2012

Inside sources close to Rick Santorum are saying the former Pennsylvania senator and 2012 GOP contender is already organizing for a run in 2016.

A leading evangelical leader who is close to Santorum and asked not to be identified, told The Christian Post on Wednesday that Santorum is "organizing and making all the necessary preparations" for another run in the 2016 Republican primary.

"Rick's getting ready organized and is not going to be behind the eight-ball when it comes to fundraising and building a grassroots organization," the anonymous source said. "I think you'll see and hear a lot from Rick in the next 12 months."

Santorum fought off a number of fellow conservatives that included Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and restaurant executive Herman Cain to be one of the last standing against Mitt Romney. Only Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) stayed in the race longer but he was never considered a major contender to win the nomination.

Soon after the election was over, Santorum and his team sent out an email to supporters hinting of another run and indicated that he and his wife Karen would be working to rebuild a party splintered by ideology and infighting about why minorities and young women are peeling away from the GOP platform.

"As a result of this election," Santorum wrote, "we now need to engage with even more energy and commitment not just in politics, but in our daily lives, to ensure that the values upon which our country has prospered will continue." And here is the kicker: "Karen and I look forward to working side by side with you to make that happen."

by Anonymousreply 8111/18/2012

I will blow him off the debate stage with one massive fart.

by Anonymousreply 111/16/2012

Heaven. Any hope the GOP had of posturing as a reasonable, populist party will be partial-birth aborted by the wingnuts who refuse to cede control.

by Anonymousreply 211/16/2012

Good. He has no chance of winning the Presidency. This country is turning liberal not evangelical.

by Anonymousreply 311/16/2012

When is this douchebag loser going to learn: he couldn't be elected dog catcher, even in his home state of Pennsylvania. What makes him think he's going to ever be elected president?

Talk about delusions of grandeur.

by Anonymousreply 411/16/2012

Oh, please let this happen. He has zero chance of winning the nomination but he's walking, talking comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 511/16/2012

I knew this was coming the day he gave in to Teh Mitt last spring. He has a lot of goodwill among Iowa evangelicals, who know they need to unify around "one of their own" to shut out (another) moderate establishment type.

by Anonymousreply 611/16/2012

Haha, sorry Rick, I love all my "gifts" too much to ever give 'em back!

by Anonymousreply 711/16/2012

The evangelicals clearly plan to use Santorum to flex whatever muscle they have (or still think they have) in 2016. They know that Christie isn't going to be their bitch, even if he "talks the talk" for a bit.

Of course, it's a long time between now and 2016, so who knows what will happen before then.

by Anonymousreply 811/16/2012

Rick is the new Newt. Running for President every 4 years is decent employment for 2 unsuccessful idiots.

by Anonymousreply 911/16/2012

I'm surprised he doesn't expect the Rapture to occur before 2016.

When he lost his Senate race, the photos of his spawn were priceless, but I guess they're too old now for similar opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 1011/16/2012

Rick, the gay cabal will not only defeat you they will humiliate you

by Anonymousreply 1211/16/2012

So R11, you are saying if Santorum would just lie about what he believes, he is he would be great?

Isn't that the problem with many Republican candidates? If those idiots running for the Senate would have hidden their real beliefs about abortion, they could have gotten elected and then worked to make their beliefs the law of the land.

What a great party that it has to hid its true agenda.

by Anonymousreply 1311/16/2012

This prick needs to be dealt with NOW. A scandal must be manufactured to discredit this hypocritical, sanctimonious jerkwad which will destroy him completely.

by Anonymousreply 1411/16/2012

It shouldn't be that hard, R14. This is the same clown who tried to stick the taxpayers of PA for his kids private school education while he was in the US senate, then lied through his teeth when caught with his hands in the cookie jar.

by Anonymousreply 1611/16/2012

R14, isn't it a good thing for the Democrats if Santorum runs?

by Anonymousreply 1711/16/2012

Oh, please do, Rick. PLEASE DO.

by Anonymousreply 1811/16/2012

Wow.

This medieval douche-nozzle really is living in his own bubble.

by Anonymousreply 1911/16/2012

I hope he does indeed run and gets the nomination. It would mean that it's business as usual at the Republican Party and they have to spend all that money and energy to keep their Christian (hard)core base all riled up while the Democratic Party has to assure women that they keep their hands off their vagina, let the gays roam free outside their closet, let the atheists and non-Christians know that they do not intend to let the Church officially meddle with the government and once again the Democratic Party has it in the bag (unless Rove sets the voter fraud dial higher this time).

Santorum is the right (homophobic Christian fanatic) dick to mobilize voters to vote in favor of the Democratic Party and its candidate.

by Anonymousreply 2011/16/2012

How many times does this man have to lose before he gives up?

by Anonymousreply 2111/16/2012

That picture never fails to make me smile, r21

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

R21 Thank you. That was the photo I was referring to.

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

I bet he's lubing up his extra-large dildos now for later tonight!

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012

He thinks this is his turn.

by Anonymousreply 2511/16/2012

The conservative crowd would finally get the hard right social conservative candidate they believe would win. When he goes down in flames (if all of this comes to pass) they'll have nobody to blame but themeselves. Maybe this would finally break the religious right's grip on the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 2611/16/2012

Out of all the candidates this past election, Santorum is the craziest and most unhinged. He will never get elected. He makes Mitt Romney look like FDR.

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

The Republican Party will never support him. They will still be licking their wounds over the 2012 elections, especially if they have a bad 2014. He will just keep popping up for our entertainment value. He is comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

Please do not even mention Romney's name in the same sentence as the great FDR.

by Anonymousreply 2911/16/2012

Good luck to him. He is unelectable, so the better he does in the primaries the more he hurts the ultimate actual Republican nominee.

by Anonymousreply 3011/16/2012

Yes, Virginia, there really IS a Santa Claus.

Run, Rick, run!

They. Still. Don't. Get. It.

The exact same coalition who beat them this time will beat them next time.

Plus, sweater vests.

by Anonymousreply 3111/16/2012

I don't know where the abortion issue will be by 2016, but I'm guessing abortion will remain the law of the land and even harder to undo especially if Obama gets to appoint up to two new Supreme Court justices. So Santorum will be ineffective on the abortion issue.

And by 2016, same-sex marriage will be even further along in societal acceptance even if it's not federally legal. But there's no going back. So Santorum loses on the gay marriage issue too.

And abortion and gay marriage are Santorum's two biggest issues. No one is going to care about his social issues by 2016--or they're certainly not going to care to the extent that he does. He'll drive everyone crazy talking about them once again, but ultimately, he'll get nowhere and lose again.

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2012

r21 - That pic demonstrates how many times he will lose before he gives up. Look how many times he sired ugly children but kept breeding.

by Anonymousreply 3311/16/2012

Will the crazies ever go away?

by Anonymousreply 3411/16/2012

[quote]No one is going to care about his social issues by 2016

Not in mainstream America, but the base of the Republican Party will, and that's all that matters.

And the fact that they are losing on those issues will make people like Tony Perkins, Maggie Gallagher etc. even more determined to support a social conservative candidate.

by Anonymousreply 3511/16/2012

Everybody knows that Rick Santorum is never going to be President.

by Anonymousreply 3611/16/2012

I really hope he wins the Republican nomination in 2016! A Santorum/Bachmann ticket would be ideal.

by Anonymousreply 3711/16/2012

He's going to win in a landslide!!

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2012

Wow.

Completely delusional.

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2012

Exxxxcellent

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2012

Here's hoping he's outed at the start of the primary season in 2016. I know KKKristians like Santorum don't believe in Karma but the rest of us do.

In the meantime we have to make sure the other meaning of santorum - anal froth - gets a lot of play.

by Anonymousreply 4111/16/2012

"He's going to win in a landslide!!"

320 or more electoral votes...amirite, Dick?

by Anonymousreply 4211/16/2012

Isn't it amazing that this guy who is so down on government handouts because he thinks people should be working, is the last person to get a real job. The only real welfare is apparently republican welfare.

by Anonymousreply 4311/16/2012

Great news!!! That means the GOP will still promote their out-of-touch right-wing social agenda and get their asses kicked again. I would love Dickhead Santorum to be the nominee...

by Anonymousreply 4411/16/2012

No doubt, as a member of Opus Dei, he'll have money from the Vatican going into his campaign fund.

by Anonymousreply 4511/16/2012

The Repugs are delusional, but I've got to think that there are a few who still have their minds intact.

There is no way in hell that Santorum will ever be nominated in 2016. By then, the Repugs will have learned their lesson at least somewhat. They still may not win the presidency, but they know the future is Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Susanna Martinez, Jeb Bush, etc, etc.--none of whom I would want, but they are the future. I'm Dem all the way.

Santorum is damaged goods, out-of-touch and yesterday's news. Santorum himself may not think so, but even the social conservatives know that Santorum is going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 4611/16/2012

I'm tempted to switch my registration just to be able to vote for him in the primaries. He's exactly the guy we need to run against.

I wonder of they can dig up his wife's former husband and the fetus she aborted...

by Anonymousreply 4711/16/2012

RICK SANTORUM - CHRISTINE O'DONNELL 2016

by Anonymousreply 4811/16/2012

"They still may not win the presidency, but they know the future is Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Susanna Martinez, Jeb Bush, etc, etc.--none of whom I would want, but they are the future"

Jeb Bush? Please. He's over.

by Anonymousreply 4911/16/2012

R49. Jeb Bush thinks he could be the future--and he could. The like him in Florida and the South But he also knows that he's saddled with the Bush name.

by Anonymousreply 5011/16/2012

Jeb was always supposed to be Bar and Poppy's President-son. He had the brains, the political instincts, wasn't a drug-addled fuck up, etc.

George W was a fucking waste case for decades. They were just happy they could keep him out of jail. And then that stoner-alky-cokehead took Jebbie's presidency and blew it to shit in Iraq.

He'll run but he'll lose and it will be yet another thing people can blame on W.

by Anonymousreply 5111/16/2012

Mittens was the one the big money GOP establishment wanted as their nominee. I don't think everyone will fall in line so easily next time.

They would have been better off nominating Santorum this year. He would have lost big, and the party would have had to reinvent itself without as much of the far right's meddling.

by Anonymousreply 5211/16/2012

Delusional republicans are like the energizer bunny. They keep going and going.

I'd thought they would be less amusing by now but they aren't. Santorum really believes he has a chance? His losses during this year, the drubbing of the tea party wingnuts, Romney's loss - nothing will deter him from running again.

by Anonymousreply 5311/16/2012

I hear that he's already hitting the P90X in preparation.

by Anonymousreply 5411/16/2012

Oh please do , black people will come out indroves to vote against him

by Anonymousreply 5511/17/2012

Umm, R55, but don't you mean Blah People?

by Anonymousreply 5611/17/2012

LOL @ r56

by Anonymousreply 5711/17/2012

People like Santorum are part of the problem. He is too limited in his appeal. He will attract the extreme religious Right since they aren't going anywhere so I think it's good he's running. I hope he gets everyone 's hopes up and then they get mad and stay home. Christie isn't running for President. If he wins re-election in Jersey he will be happy.

I hope his election is a very expensive, close election and while Corey Booker won't win, he will definitely wound Christie too much for Christie to run for President.

by Anonymousreply 5811/17/2012

[quote]Great. If he would tone down some of his rhetoric, he's actually a really great candidate for conservative values which many of us still adhere to despite the results of last week's loss to our party.

Someone really needs to suspend your cock-sucking privileges.

by Anonymousreply 5911/17/2012

They don't get it do they? There are way too far to the right for Americans.

by Anonymousreply 6011/17/2012

First let me say this...I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN; I'M A LIFELONG DEMOCRAT. Now that is out of the way, If Christie runs he will be a contender as his ability to be bipartisian and his leadership in New Jersey along with his cooperation with Obama, will seal his bid for a POTUS run in 2016. My hopes are that either Hillary will run on the Dem ticket.

by Anonymousreply 6111/17/2012

Agree, R61. Christie is a good candidate. The fact that the party went after him a few weeks ago is a sure sign of the deep incoherence in the GOP.

I'll be voting for the Dem nominee, regardless, but I've seen Christie speak and if nominated, he'll be a far more formidable candidate than Mittens was.

by Anonymousreply 6211/17/2012

I'm not sure Christie doesn't have his own problems, R62. He is very blunt in his speech, OK in NJ but may be too rude and crude for the larger political field. A lot of people that don't live in the Northeast don't understand or like the typical blunt, often rude speaking style of people from NY and NJ.

I've worked in California with people who actually had to have it explained to them that a customer did't "hate" them, he was just a New Yorker and that's how they talk. One employee was refusing to speak with the customer, saying he was "being abused." I knew the customer and it was just a typical NYer not putting up with somebody that wasn't going to go the extra mile for them. I had to explain over and over that no, the customer doesn't hate you, you are not in trouble, no one is mad at you, you can talk to this person and they won't bite you, before they were willing to try again. I told the customer, who had no idea they were being offensive whatsoever, and they weren't. It was just a cultural difference. That blunt style doesn't translate as "quick minded and cares about their job" to people in other parts of the country. It translates as "mean" and "hates me." That's not the only employee I've had to have that talk with, the cultural difference doesn't translate for people with no experience with other parts of the country. Midwesterners were the same.

by Anonymousreply 6311/17/2012

R63, if he presents himself like he has done lately, he will be a formidable opponent. He was so obnoxious, but became much nicer when he worked with Obama. Then he got this deal with the head of the teachers union for Newark schools. They were both on Morning Joe and he was behaving surprisingly moderately. If he has learned to take that tone with opponents, he would be very powerful, because he's getting things done.

by Anonymousreply 6411/17/2012

romney would have a better chance in 2016 than santorum would.

I definitely hope the repugs choose santorum. Then a Democrat would be guaranteed to be elected

by Anonymousreply 6511/17/2012

[quote]Santorum really believes he has a chance? His losses during this year, the drubbing of the tea party wingnuts, Romney's loss - nothing will deter him from running again.

Don't forget that Santorum was the Runner-Up this year - he won about 10 primaries and beat Romney in multiple states.

by Anonymousreply 6611/17/2012

Santorum was the runner up because they were using him to stop Newt Gingrich. It's hilarious that he thinks he is next in line.

He only got the slightest notice because the serious Republican candidates weren't playing this year.

by Anonymousreply 6711/17/2012

The headline should be:

SANTORUM: Frothing for 2016

by Anonymousreply 6811/17/2012

MAy I just interrupt to give you all an update on that Rock Star, Chris Christie's latest profound pronouncement: He was asked about his reaction to Romney's most recent comments or something and he said, "When you lose, you lost."

by Anonymousreply 6911/17/2012

R69 Losing is a subject he's unfamiliar with. At least with respect to weight.

by Anonymousreply 7011/17/2012

Santorum couldn't win the South and Gingrich couldn't win the North. That's how they ended up with Mittens.

by Anonymousreply 7111/18/2012

R63, Who would ever trust Christie to be diplomatic in dealing with other nations, especially those hostile to American interests?

by Anonymousreply 7211/18/2012

He looks like he smells like creamed corn and Fritos.

by Anonymousreply 7311/18/2012

R73 A frothy mix of creamed corn and Fritos?

by Anonymousreply 7411/18/2012

Santorum did win the South, R71

by Anonymousreply 7511/18/2012

Great, this wing bigoted denier of all scientific fact (starting with global warming) can continue to destroy the Republican Party in the process of surrounding himself with fellow bigots and reactionaries who turn off and even disgust most voters particularly the young and almost everyone except non white males..

by Anonymousreply 7611/18/2012

Christie will not make a food candidate. He is a myocardial infarction waiting to happen- he is entering his high risk years.

by Anonymousreply 7711/18/2012

That's just what I thought, R72. Heads of state all have gigantic egos and they are not going to put up with being bossed aroud or yelled at, no matter what asinine thing they do. The more outrageous they are, the less they will put up with it.

That's why Obama is good - idiiotic heads of state don't get set off by him as much as they would if it were someone else saying essentially the same thing, because he is so calm about it. They may not like him, but he doesn't give them ammunition to shoot him with either.

by Anonymousreply 7811/18/2012

[quote]Christie will not make a food candidate.

Christie is THE food candidate!!

by Anonymousreply 7911/18/2012

R78, I agree. Learn a lesson Demo Party, if you want to keep winning. It's more about perceived likability and image, of which one's ability to be extremely diplomatic in difficult situations with unbearable opponents is paramount, then about race. Of course the Repubs will mistakenly try to use the race card, at least for their VP choice, to alter the playing field. Therefore neither Santorum nor Christie have a chance; they're both Catholics. The Repubs want a Hispanic, who will most likely be Catholic, for VP. So they will choose an Evangelical or Protestant for their presidential choice.

by Anonymousreply 8011/18/2012

[quote]SANTORUM: Frothing for 2016

"Santorum is running all across America!"

by Anonymousreply 8111/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.