Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Partners" canceled

Inevitably.

by Anonymousreply 5711/18/2012

They not even air the episodes that were filmed? Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 111/16/2012

And not a minute too soon!

by Anonymousreply 211/16/2012

What took them so long???

by Anonymousreply 311/16/2012

I wonder if this morning Max Mutchnick is finally letting it sink in that it's a bad idea to base sitcoms off of his own life because most people do not find him in the slightest bit loveable.

by Anonymousreply 511/16/2012

LOL @R4! This Show was a Joke anyway!

by Anonymousreply 611/16/2012

Shame. I was actually starting to like it.

I kind of figured out the reason why it wasn't really working when I rewatched an old episode of RuPaul's Drag Race with Max Mutchnick as a guest-star, where he came across shrill, mean, dismissive, and highly self-important. He's also delusional to think his behavior is endearing enough to base a sitcom character on. It was a toxic flaw that I don't think the show could ever overcome, regardless of how charismatic the actor they cast in the role happened to be, which, I'm sorry, Michael Urie was not.

by Anonymousreply 711/16/2012

Finally.

by Anonymousreply 811/16/2012

As the OP said, it was inevitable. However, I'm bummed they're not going to at least play the rest of the episodes. It was really starting to grow on me.

by Anonymousreply 911/16/2012

Although part of it is that CBS wasn't a very good fit for the show. If it had been on NBC or FOX it probably would have gotten at least a full season.

by Anonymousreply 1011/16/2012

Great. Tired of nonmasculine portrays of gay dudes.

by Anonymousreply 1111/16/2012

I tried to watch it. I really did. I lasted three episodes I think. Maybe it just seems like three. It could have been only two. but I know it was at least two.

Thing is: I like most of the people in it.

The show was just awful.

by Anonymousreply 1211/16/2012

The Latino secretary making a play for Brandon Routh annoyed me. I hate the straight woman who hits on gay men character.

by Anonymousreply 1311/16/2012

It truly was a terrible show...none of the actors clicked at all, and the writing was just, at best, pedestrian. And yet some queen will shout and acream about how we should support it simply because it was gay-themed.

by Anonymousreply 1411/16/2012

R10 I don't think it would've survived on Logo.

by Anonymousreply 1611/16/2012

Sigh. It just shows how much further we have to evolve as a culture. I had really hoped that the results of the recent election meant our issues would be welcomed on prime time network tv. It looks like we have to be content with supporting roles until America matures a little more. God why does it have to take so long?

by Anonymousreply 1711/16/2012

R17 Have you heard of "The New Normal" on NBC? Full season pickup.

by Anonymousreply 1811/16/2012

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 1911/16/2012

Please, no more, Mr. TV Exec. I got my quota of dick jokes and sausage jokes and meat jokes -- and every other variation -- from this one.

Or maybe everyone could just grow the fuck up. There is tons of humor in the gay world and it doesn't all revolve around the penis. Jesus...

by Anonymousreply 2011/16/2012

"Partners" is what you get when a minorly creative person achieves great success and becomes a giant twat who thinks his shit doesn't stink.

[quote]I had really hoped that the results of the recent election meant our issues would be welcomed on prime time network tv.

And I look forward to the day when "our issues" no longer come down to "any visibility is good visibility" and gay creative people in Hollywood will create characters for whom being gay isn't the most important thing about them. I was reading the Architectural Digest with Michael J Fox and it says his new sitcom was pitched as a show about a family where the father just happens to have a disability. That's the kind of show we need. When we get a show the emphasizes the characters over the cliches, that's when we should feel welcomed.

I blame the eldergays. These guys, Ryan Murphy, Max Mutchnik - all over 50 and have their heads stuck back in 1996.

by Anonymousreply 2111/16/2012

Let's face it, the very concept -- a STRAIGHT guy and a GAY guy are best friends!!! -- doomed this from the start. Like gays and straights really live on separate islands in 2012. "Wow, we're more alike than different!" "Who knew?!" All very Afterschool Special circa 1975.

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

I actually liked this show.

Shame so many trashed this and praised NEW NORMAL which is completely unrealistic. NEW NORMAL borders on gay minstrel.

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012

I liked it too. Not a great show, but thought it had some charm and was reasonably amusing .

by Anonymousreply 2511/16/2012

It was genuinely a terrible show. The Michael Urie character based on Max Mutchnick was loathsomely narcissistic and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 2611/16/2012

I have a friend who works on the show and I don't know what to say to him. It was so awful, but I'm sorry he's out of a job.

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

The one million moms are taking credit.

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

Wow, thanks for the learned and not-at-all-overgeneralizing sociological analysis, r29.

by Anonymousreply 3011/16/2012

[Sigh. It just shows how much further we have to evolve as a culture. I had really hoped that the results of the recent election meant our issues would be welcomed on prime time network tv. It looks like we have to be content with supporting roles until America matures a little more. God why does it have to take so long?]

It was the WRITING and the actors that doomed this show. It was not about "evolving as a culture." It doesn't have to take so long because, uh, it's HERE. We just need better QUALITY shows. Lotsa gay stuff on TV for a long time now. Ever watch Will and Grace? Ugly Betty? Queer as Folk? Ellen? The L Word?

You can stop wringing that handkerchief, Mildred Pierce.

by Anonymousreply 3111/16/2012

R32, nobody asked you to advance your thesis, moron.

by Anonymousreply 3311/16/2012

I'm an expert of everything!

by Anonymousreply 3411/16/2012

I liked Brandon Routh's character. But the two leads annoyed the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 3511/16/2012

I bet Brandon Routh does get more work out of it--he's not untalented, and finally Hollywood has had a chance to see him do something other than "Superman Returns."

I hope this is it for Max Mutchnick.

by Anonymousreply 3611/16/2012

Took them long enough. It was an offensive minstrel show.

by Anonymousreply 3711/16/2012

Stepin FELCH-it.

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2012

Another problem, the so-called straight handsome guy wasn't handsome!

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2012

Those of you who find Brandon Routh talented must find a block of wood extremely engaging.

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2012

clop clop

clop clop

clop!

by Anonymousreply 4111/17/2012

Thank God. No more having to endure that cunt, skank, slut female anymore. HIDEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 4211/17/2012

hahahahahahh

by Anonymousreply 4311/17/2012

Obvious homophobia. It is certainly funnier than "Molly and Mike," "Two Broke Girls," "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two and a Half Men"

by Anonymousreply 4411/17/2012

Anything is funnier than "Molly and Mike," and "How I Met Your Mother", but I recnetly saw an episode of "Two and a half men" were the guys were having a threesome that was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 4511/18/2012

[quote]Let's face it, the very concept -- a STRAIGHT guy and a GAY guy are best friends!!! -- doomed this from the start.

But that was the exact premise of his other show Will and Grace with Will being best friends with the very gay Jack. Why did this show fail while Will and Grace was allowed to go on 20 seasons?

by Anonymousreply 4611/18/2012

r46, Will and Grace premiered in 2012. I am a little younger than Krumholtz and Urie, but no straight/gay BFF pair I know differs that cartoonishly in personality or interests. I know an odd couple works better for dramatic purposes but it just comes off as dated.

by Anonymousreply 4711/18/2012

One of the worse parts of the show was that Brandon Routh character who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. But do you hear criticism of Mr. Sucky cardboard actor, NO. Because he's straight and hot to some of you (the ones with no taste).

So when you all bitch about how you you didn't like the way the gay guy acts on certain show, all you really mean is he's not hot enough for you. You're all pretty superficial.

You bitch about the show being stereotypical?

Newsflash--there's not a show on TV that represents ANYONE. Everyone has huge houses and huge apartments even if they live in New York. All the dumpy men are married to beautiful or hot women. All the kids are smarter than the adults. All the fathers are idiots that can't handle anything including putting on a simple diaper. The ex wives are always bitches. The mother in laws will make everyone miserable on Thanksgiving. All the halloween costumes are costume design quality. EVery Christmas episode some little miracle occurs. Cliches overflow in TV land.

Television is not about reality. Don't watch a show if you don't like it or find it funny or whatever. But the constant bitching about the guy being too feminine or flamboyant gets old fast. You think women enjoy their portrayal as bimbo or saint or black people are always sassy and wise cracking or that New York is really 90% white like these shows portray? You don't get the portrayal you want? Welcome to the club.

by Anonymousreply 4811/18/2012

I'd like to see your gay Amish hunk reading R48.

by Anonymousreply 4911/18/2012

R46--I think Will was best friends with Grace. She was a fag hag. I think in this case the best friends was a gay and straight guy which is not done as much on TV.

by Anonymousreply 5011/18/2012

[quote]But that was the exact premise of his other show Will and Grace with Will being best friends with the very gay Jack.

Will was gay. His character fucked guys.

by Anonymousreply 5111/18/2012

[quote]So when you all bitch about how you you didn't like the way the gay guy acts on certain show, all you really mean is he's not hot enough for you.

Somebody has issues.

by Anonymousreply 5211/18/2012

The gay and straight guy were obviously in love and all the other relationships were secondary.

by Anonymousreply 5311/18/2012

Brandon Routh sucks.

by Anonymousreply 5411/18/2012

cock.

by Anonymousreply 5511/18/2012

Who convinced them that Sophia Bush was a comedian? Her voice also grates.

by Anonymousreply 5611/18/2012

R53 i agree and they had better Chemistry !!!

by Anonymousreply 5711/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.