Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Amazing Race - Part two bitches!!

So, do Jaymes and James shave each other in the shower each morning before the race or what?

by Anonymousreply 60012/10/2012

Not every man is a gorilla. Some of us don't really have all that much to shave.

by Anonymousreply 111/16/2012

No one cares if you're a gorilla or not, R1. We want to see Jaymes and James naked in the shower!!

by Anonymousreply 211/16/2012

From the pre-show publiity, I was prepared to dislike Jaymes & James. I was wrong.

They don't take themselves seriously. They get along -- with themselves, with other contestants. They are competitive but in the sense of giving the thing their best effort - not in trouncing others. They win the Messrs. Politneness Award; I've never seen them treat anyone badly or brusquely because they were in a hurry. Easy as it would be, they don't have a laugh at the expense of the locals they encounter on the challenges. They are self-deprecating and seem to harbor no illusions of what's owed them, how smart or how talented they are.

by Anonymousreply 311/16/2012

I will say they're a lot nicer than I thought. Their intelligence, or lack thereof is kinda what I predicted though lol. The brown haired one is the better looking one IMO.

I'll say it again-the gay couple disappoints me because they've been mostly pathetic in challenges and damn they're average looking from face to body.

by Anonymousreply 411/16/2012

I agree - Jaymes and James seem pretty sweet. I wonder if Jaymes is a man-whore, though. Pretty ones usually are.

by Anonymousreply 511/16/2012

Probably just a fame-whore.

by Anonymousreply 611/16/2012

Jaymes and James were both shaven in last week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 711/16/2012

Just giving this thread a little bump.

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2012

Thank you, Gisele. Do you miss Leo?

by Anonymousreply 911/18/2012

Yeesh, Lexi and Trey get a doozy of a cab driver.

by Anonymousreply 1011/18/2012

R9 - Nope. I got me a REAL man!

by Anonymousreply 1111/18/2012

Damn that time zone challenge thing is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1211/18/2012

Ouch. That ankle's not going to get any better.

by Anonymousreply 1311/18/2012

I want to see slobbering monkey

Just saying

by Anonymousreply 1411/18/2012

Jaymes and James seem like really nice guys.

by Anonymousreply 1511/18/2012

I should have said "finding the time zone challenge thing is a bitch".

by Anonymousreply 1611/18/2012

You know you have a hurt ankle why would you do a dance?

by Anonymousreply 1711/18/2012

The Chippendales and Trey and Lexi seem like really nice people who are enjoying the race.

by Anonymousreply 1811/18/2012

Trey nips!!

Thank you Amazing Race producers.

by Anonymousreply 1911/18/2012

Lexi is a surprisingly good contestant. If they make it to the final episode, I'd have to rank her as one of the best. The tasks on this race have been more physically and mentally demanding than on a lot of other seasons.

by Anonymousreply 2011/18/2012

They rockers are funny tonight. "I can't even find any rockers who want to get out of bed." Great!

by Anonymousreply 2111/18/2012

So the Beekman's would have gotten another non-elimination.

by Anonymousreply 2211/18/2012

I love when Phil sends them to a "spah."

by Anonymousreply 2311/18/2012

so happy with the winners tonight...nice guys and nice competitors.

by Anonymousreply 2411/18/2012

Agreed, R24. I even enjoyed the twinnies today. I couldn't stop laughing with the one splitting her pants.

by Anonymousreply 2511/18/2012

Okay "NEXT ROUND!"

by Anonymousreply 2611/18/2012

I know, R25. I am having a hard time not liking the twinnies. When they read that clue about the time zones and immediately said "we are so taking the fast forward", too funny.

by Anonymousreply 2711/18/2012

Wow, that was a sad ending.

by Anonymousreply 2811/18/2012

WHY couldn't the American Embassy issue them a temporary passport?

by Anonymousreply 2911/18/2012

Hate to praise the beekman "boys" but they aced both those last 2 challenges it seems.

by Anonymousreply 3011/18/2012

I got news! I would NEVER have gotten the time zones thing right.

by Anonymousreply 3111/18/2012

Why didn't the rockers do the challenges first and then work on the passports? At least they may have had one more chance in this round?

Who do the chips turn on next week? I'd say it's lexie and her dude?

by Anonymousreply 3211/18/2012

What did you have to do with the time zones thing?

by Anonymousreply 3311/18/2012

You had to figure out that you had to subtract 4 from all of them. But you were distracted by trying to remember the names of the places.

by Anonymousreply 3411/18/2012

i bet the Chippendales don't use that... and the preview was only a tease.

by Anonymousreply 3511/18/2012

The Beekman's aced the challenges! It's sad you can't even legally say the word "gay" in Russia, but they were like two sophisticated, erudite, fun gay dads tonight...and more adorable than evah!

by Anonymousreply 3611/18/2012

I'm crying as I type. The Beekman Boys were marvelous. Brent won the time zone challenge on his first try. No one else came close. They then dazzled us with mastery of identifying Russian leaders. They entertained them and the Russian impersonators loved them for it. I've never seen two racers more in their element. Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 3711/18/2012

According to the US Embassy in Moscow's website, the racers will have to do pretty much what they've done so far and then apply for a new visa. I'm guessing that the fees for a new passport and photos might be beyond the amount of cash they're allowed as racers--which is not to say that they wouldn't be allowed to pay for these things as non-competitors, of course.

The guys were pretty level-headed about the passport loss. I'm not sure I'd be that pragmatic.

by Anonymousreply 3811/18/2012

[quote]I'm crying as I type.

Dial it down a notch, "boys".

by Anonymousreply 3911/18/2012

Highlight of the episode for me was the quick shot of Trey's armpit hair.

by Anonymousreply 4011/18/2012

As a friend of mine posted as we were following along on FB: "there need to be more changing room scenes."

by Anonymousreply 4111/18/2012

Best episode in seasons, even though there really was no urgency. Good for Josh and Brent for blowing away the challenges - can't wait to have Josh dish (if he will) after the race is over. I would have taken Russian history too.

I don't think that a temporary passport would have been enough. From what I've read from other races, pre-race, the teams submit their passport and TAR uses it to get them visas to the countries were it is necessary (plus a few more, to throw them off track). An American needs a visa to get into Russia, and probably one to get out. I think that was a problem for Luke and Margie (?) in season whatever in Russia, who also lost their passports. So, even if they manage to get a temporary passport, they may next be off to another country where they don't have a visa to enter.

by Anonymousreply 4211/18/2012

R37 is a parody post or something right?

by Anonymousreply 4311/18/2012

Losing something again really bit the rockers on their asses this time. First they are careless with the hundred dollars that the twins confiscated and then they foolishly left their stuff in an unmarked "taxi." But, that one guy could barely walk, so I am assuming they would have been gone before long anyway.

Jaymes is almost my favorite Amazing racer ever after tonight. Funny, sharp, sexy as hell and that voice. He is everything that Reichen ever hoped to be as a result of being on the show. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Reichen is making plans to meet him as soon as the show climaxes.

Props to James for powering through that dance routine. It was obvious that he was in extreme discomfort.

by Anonymousreply 4411/18/2012

LOVED seeing Ryan failing the time zone test over and over especially after he and Abbie said how smart he was. And then he kept insisting there was something wrong with the test and got snippy with the test administrator. "There's something wrong with the map."

by Anonymousreply 4511/18/2012

I bet Jaymes will turn up on some other reality show. Producers love the combo of good looking, funny and sexy.

Maybe he can be the first gay Bachelor.

by Anonymousreply 4611/18/2012

Even when they're racing well, the Beekman Queens are smug and annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 4711/18/2012

Russian visa are a bitch. It's a long, complicated form (including knowing the maiden names of your grandmothers). In 2005, you also have to account for your lodging for every night in the country (written by hotel management on the visa).

They had an impossible task, if they had to initiate the passaport and Visa process from the beginning, and the passport would be easier part.

by Anonymousreply 4811/19/2012

Looks like Ryan gets snippy again next week for something he fails to do but takes it out on a service person.

by Anonymousreply 4911/19/2012

I disagree, R47. I like them. They're sweet and they care about each other. Brent was so cute tonight talking about how he always did well in school.

We really don't have any fighting couples this season and it's very nice.

by Anonymousreply 5011/19/2012

R43 I was joking somewhat. Yes, I am very proud of the Beekman Boys' performance in this leg. They outperformed the other teams. Their scene with the Russian impersonators is my favorite scene in many seasons.

I agree with an earlier poster, this was the best episode in awhile. Russia produces great shows. I remember 5 or so seasons back they were in Russia and that episode was fun.

Everyone doesn't like Ryan. I find him sexy. His confidence and then humiliation this episode was really hot.

by Anonymousreply 5111/19/2012

I would've had a hard time identifying Catherine the Great without her horse.

by Anonymousreply 5211/19/2012

I only saw the end, but the Beekmans were at their worst, bragging about being A students...totally self-involved does not begin to cover how annoying they are.

I hope they were better in the earlier part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 5311/19/2012

Ryan is just a little intense. I like his competitiveness and that he can put it aside because it was more important to keep his word (to stay with the Beekmans). I also like when he makes fun of the Twinnies, the team from hell.

I don't get the Trey love at all as he seems like a a dork with a baby John Travolta face.

by Anonymousreply 5411/19/2012

You're trying too hard, R53. What's wrong with them talking about being good students?

by Anonymousreply 5511/19/2012

I noticed that Ryan didn't kiss his GF on the mat, but he did manage to kiss Josh on the side of his face. Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 5611/19/2012

I don't think Brent was bragging. A lot of us smart gays had to put up with a lot of crap in school to the point that we deliberately flunked and acted sraight. Brent was an excellent role model tonight demonstrating to gay smart kids everywhere that it pays to be yourself.That it may be a world away but you are eventually valued somewhere. And they were exquisite ambassadors for gay, smart Americans in a crowd of Russia's finest. Getting the task done on the first try and thanking Russia's best and brightest instead of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 5711/19/2012

just gonna add...ryan and abbie are top-fuckin'-notch. end of story.

by Anonymousreply 5811/19/2012

I would have reacted like Ryan as well. He seemed frustrated in a completely normal way.

by Anonymousreply 5911/19/2012

Josh, you need to come back here when the season ends and tell us about things that didn't make it on the show.

by Anonymousreply 6011/19/2012

I find Ryan as hot as hell. Maybe hotter than Jaymes. They're really hating on him over on TWoP, but I don't find anything he's done to be that objectionable. He's been full of bravado, and badmouthed some of the other teams, but nothing that hasn't been done a million times before.

by Anonymousreply 6111/19/2012

This is the first season in a while to have no truly hate-able teams at the end, though the Beekmans and twinnies are annoying at times.

by Anonymousreply 6211/19/2012

So . .who got eliminated?

by Anonymousreply 6311/19/2012

Even if Josh likes Ryan, it is still indisputable that he had and has a raging ego from hell. Remember the tears when they lost their first challenge and realized they wouldn't beat the TAR record for most first-place segment wins? Ryan has a lot of douchery to make up for, and I'll admit he made up major ground there in staying with Josh and Brent even through the end of the synchronized swimming challenge, where the Beekman Boys were obviously totally fucked. OTOH the Russian cities challenge was a VERY nice -- and needed -- slap in the face for him, with him assuming he'd done it correctly the first time and getting up to go but then needing TWENTY-FIVE times to figure it out! (Like Brent, I figured out immediately that the +4 for Moscow time merely meant that Moscow is four hours ahead of Greenwich mean time, and that every subsequent zone was one hour ahead, not five or six or seven like Ryan, Jaymes and Lexi assumed.) Kudos to the Beekman Boys for also knowing their Russian history! (and the basics of GMT) I could've ID'd all the modern Russian/Soviet leaders but not the likes of Peter the Great. (Btw is it just me, or was it a little tacky to include the biggest genocidal murderer of all time (Stalin) in that thing?)

One thing no one's commented on: no departure times for the teams were listed! Trey & Lexi were merely "first to depart," etc. IIRC this is the first time in the show's 22-season history this has happened. I can only assume there was some behind-the-scenes maneuvering to make this happen, e.g. adjustments for Team Abba losing their passports and also the Beekman Boys not completing the final challenge. (Btw why didn't they just take the penalty early on, once they figured out there was no way they -- or, rather, Brent -- could complete the challenge?) I, too, don't get why Team Abba couldn't just get passports at the U.S. Embassy. I know Russian visas are a bitch, but that's only for *entering* the country, not leaving, and the Russian authorities would've already had a copy of their original visa application on file. I'm also stunned Team Abba wouldn't have photocopies of their American passports somewhere accessible -- unless TAR producers denied them access even to their e-mail accounts! -- which is recommended for everybody traveling overseas for this very reason, in case you lose yours.

by Anonymousreply 6411/19/2012

I'm one that watches departure times r64 so I noticed that they weren't posted this time. It isn't unprecedented. I can't recall a specific episode, but I know I've seen the times lacking before, just not recently. Of course they make things seem suspicious by leaving the times off so I wonder why they do it.

I'm curious about how one of the rockers got his passport back. They skipped over that part and at the end just had them saying to Phil that they only got one of them back. How that happened would have been nice to know.

by Anonymousreply 6511/19/2012

Where's Chewy McNips when you need him?

by Anonymousreply 6611/19/2012

I don't know why you people are lusting after Trey. He's a total fucking BUTTERFACE! So butt ugly!

Trey is NOT attractive.

by Anonymousreply 6711/19/2012

I dislike the "twinnies" less than I did last week but I still don't want them to win.

I like the Beekman goat farmers. They're sweet and I know Josh has posted here for ages.

I really like Jaymes and James. I wasn't sure I would but they grew on me.

The two het couples are okay. I like the one better than the other. The couple where the guy pouted because he realized they weren't going to be the *greatest AR players ever* was obnoxious. He seems to be getting better. The other het couple seems very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 6811/19/2012

Abbie is an obnoxious cunt. Too bad TAR can't eliminate individual players...

by Anonymousreply 6911/19/2012

R65, only one rocker lost his passport. They were merely saying they still only had one.

by Anonymousreply 7011/19/2012

Ok, Brent and Josh at R37 Will we have the dubious pleasure of your self-promotion every week? And you sound like jealous 12 year old girls at R67

Thank you R47. That comment when they set out on this leg was pathetic... "We're beginning this leg like we do every leg, Josh and Brent against the world." Oh hell, you two are way too self-involved, to the point of being nauseating. Can you be bigger drama queens?

[quote]And they were exquisite ambassadors for gay, smart Americans in a crowd of Russia's finest. Getting the task done on the first try and thanking Russia's best and brightest instead of themselves.

What the hell are you talking about? "Russia's finest"? "Russia's best and brightest"? You do know that these were actors portraying some of history's worst tyrants? Not a decent human among them, idiot. Far from it. And we didn't see how long The Boys were in there, but only a total fucktard wouldn't be able to tell Catherine the Great from the Tsar Nicholas, or Stalin from Lenin... Jesus Christ what a simple task, but you're right, congrats to The Boys for not being stupid.

by Anonymousreply 7111/19/2012

Y'know DL posters got away from trying to be low rent Sherlock Holmes poster guessers. And now R71 is trying to bring it back.

by Anonymousreply 7211/19/2012

Trey armpit was beautiful , funniest moment was the twin ripping her pants

by Anonymousreply 7311/19/2012

No, just having some fun, R72

But, what a frightening thought that anyone who isn't a goat farmer would be R37

}}}shuddering at the thought{{{

by Anonymousreply 7411/19/2012

[quote]Losing something again really bit the rockers on their asses this time. First they are careless with the hundred dollars that the twins confiscated and then they foolishly left their stuff in an unmarked "taxi."

Confiscated? How sweet of you, they STOLE it.

[quote]Thank you [R47]. That comment when they set out on this leg was pathetic... "We're beginning this leg like we do every leg, Josh and Brent against the world." Oh hell, you two are way too self-involved, to the point of being nauseating. Can you be bigger drama queens?

And you obviously have Sunshine shooting out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 7511/19/2012

I don't think Abbie and Ryan are as bad as people think. It was kind of cute when she was teaching him how to dance.

I imagine people like the twinnies can get annoying, and it seems to me the twinnies were kind of the first to start ragging on people.

by Anonymousreply 7611/19/2012

There's a real division here on the goat farmers.

What I heard was "I always sat in the first row, got A grades and was often the teacher's pet" (all said seriously, without a touch of humor or irony).

I fail to understand how that makes the Beekmans role models for anyone, except those with a very, very large egos.

by Anonymousreply 7711/19/2012

I wish the producers would set future seasons entirely in Europe and maybe a few episodes in Asia. Please, no more India, Africa or other poor Third World countries.

by Anonymousreply 7811/19/2012

I don't find anything charming about the goat farmers, but their interactions with Ryan and Abbie are nice. The twins are not funny either, they're just loud and grating.

On the other hand, Jaymes and James are great. Funny, self-deprecating, have never hated on each other or any locals. They might not be rocket-scientists but they are good guys from humble beginnings who are moving themselves ahead in life with a good attitude.

I believe Ryan and Abbie are like a lot of people; good days and bad days, well-intentioned but sometimes, in the moment, stress and exhaustion get the better of them.

by Anonymousreply 7911/19/2012

I would really love to see Jaymes and James win. I think Jaymes would make a good TV personality.

R44 - I'd hope Jaymes would ignore Reichen. I think Reichen, at this point, is pretty much poison.

by Anonymousreply 8011/19/2012

I would have been toast at the swimming and dancing competitions. I appreciate that the challenges are tough this year. But I love to see the racers interact with the locals like the beard styling challenge. Those are my favorite.

It bothered me that the rocker kept saying his stuff was stolen. Leaving your stuff in a cab is not having your stuff stolen. Or maybe that's just me.

I hope Josh and Brent win a Travelocity trip to somewhere cool but since they usually come to the mat in last place, that's a pipe dream, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 8111/19/2012

well it was stolen, they asked the cab driver to wait adn he took off with their stuff.

by Anonymousreply 8211/19/2012

[quote]Please, no more India, Africa or other poor Third World countries.

The season they went to Botswana was fabulous. Botswana is what Africa can be at its best. The time they went to Senegal was pretty great, too.

I agree, though: please, no more Ghana or Bangladesh or India. Not entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 8311/19/2012

Jaymes appears to be going the same famewhore(with emphasis on the whore part) route as Reichen. I wouldn't get too attached to that one if I were you. Poor, sweet James is the new Chip.

by Anonymousreply 8411/19/2012

How's Jaymes channeling Reichen, R84?

by Anonymousreply 8511/19/2012

I love the third world visits. I'm always impressed by how easily the teams manage to get around--I've always had difficulty traveling parts of Africa and Asia.

by Anonymousreply 8611/19/2012

[quote]well it was stolen, they asked the cab driver to wait adn he took off with their stuff.

Plus, it wasn't a real cab, so there was no way to trace it.

by Anonymousreply 8711/19/2012

Can't agree about the choice of countries. The culture shock the racers are subjected to in an India or Bangladesh is part of the deal in racing around the world. This race is not supposed to be easy.

by Anonymousreply 8811/19/2012

They're setting up the show so that an older team doesn't stand a chance in hell at making it past the first few rounds. It's way too physical now. That wasn't the case in the first few seasons, where we had many memorable older teams who went quite far.

by Anonymousreply 8911/19/2012

The rockers would have had difficulty making it past that dance routine challenge because of the bum knee that one has. The routine pretty much required you to have good knees.

by Anonymousreply 9011/19/2012

Well, the episodes that everyone remembers and likes are the European ones.

by Anonymousreply 9111/19/2012

You do realize that Jaymes and James aren't fucking, right?

by Anonymousreply 9211/19/2012

Jaymes tried to make his music video on YouTube go viral last year. I agree he's a fame whore, but he does exude more personality than Reichen.

by Anonymousreply 9311/19/2012

James is straight. Jaymes is not.

Jaymes has truly grown on me, and I'd quite like him in me.

by Anonymousreply 9411/19/2012

Are we sure James is straight?

by Anonymousreply 9511/19/2012

Ooh, James posts here!!

by Anonymousreply 9611/19/2012

James is not straight.

by Anonymousreply 9711/19/2012

[quote]Are we sure James is straight?

Not completely.

by Anonymousreply 9811/19/2012

[quote]Plus, it wasn't a real cab, so there was no way to trace it.

Don't they have video footage of the cab and the driver? They could've used it after the leg was completed or given the info to the cops.

If the amputee had made it this far, there's no way she could've done those Russian dances.

by Anonymousreply 9911/19/2012

R99 - it's cute the way you think cops in Russia would do anything to help an American.

by Anonymousreply 10011/19/2012

[quote] don't find anything charming about the goat farmers ... On the other hand, Jaymes and James are great. Funny, self-deprecating, have never hated on each other or any locals.

Oh cut the shit, you want to fuck them and that's what you're basing your "admiration" on.

by Anonymousreply 10111/19/2012

From Abba's FB page:

"for the record since i know it doesnt broadcast in argentina, jamie lost his, ours were stolen when the cab driver took off with our stuff. believe it or not, i sleep with my passport on the road but we had just come out of a pool and our clothes were all wet so i put it in my backpack for the only time in my life (even though i keep it in plastic)! ugghhh"

I'll let you know if he posts anything else about the race/passport debacle.

(PS: His first name is Mark. "Abba" is a shortened version of his last name. Jamie is a friend of ours)

by Anonymousreply 10211/19/2012

Well, at least we know Jaymes is a dominant top given how he completely ignored all the pain crybaby James was in.

The Beekmans did not disappoint. Brent was adorable, sitting in the front row of that classroom and nailing the test on the 1st try. (I can't believe it took 34 posts on this thread before somebody said "GMT.") And they charmed the Russians. Aw, bless.

by Anonymousreply 10311/19/2012

At first I did think Jaymes and James were just himbos, but I've come to really like and enjoy them. No, they aren't geniuses, but they're self-aware and funny and not prone to the stupid alpha posturing of some others. (cough-Ryan-cough) Plus they do be nice to look at. Wonder if they could actually win this thing? I'm betting it's Trey and Lexie, though.

by Anonymousreply 10411/19/2012

I like Jaymes and James too. Didn't think I would but they've won me over. James seems sort of introverted for a Chippendales dancer no? Plus he is from Maine, which is one state I would never guess a Chippendale dancer to be from. Jaymes probably talks a lot during sex, and not sex talk, just talk. He's cute but quite the motor mouth. I would love to see both with all their body hair grown in. Hot!

by Anonymousreply 10511/19/2012

Haven't paid much attention this season, but I thought last night's eliminated pair were brothers. Are they not?

by Anonymousreply 10611/19/2012

No, R106, it was a famous bassist and a lawyer for musicians.

by Anonymousreply 10711/19/2012

I hope Jaymes doesn't turn into a Reichen. Wasn't Reichen likeable during his time on the show? And then he turned into a loser after he became "famous?"

by Anonymousreply 10811/19/2012

***DL's 10 Most Fascinating People of 2012***

That's the only list that Ann Romney makes. For some reason she became far more of a pop culture figure here than she ever was in the general population. If she could be teamed with her horse, she'd probably top the DL's year end list.

by Anonymousreply 10911/19/2012

Damn it!

Sorry about the r109 post. Wrong thread - obviously.

by Anonymousreply 11011/19/2012

I loved seeing how Abbie and Ryan hung on to the bitterly cold end with the Beekman boys. Then, when Abbie was stuck at the key challenge - oy! Great teamwork and support.

This was my fave episode thus far. I liked the challenges, the comedy, and the tragedy.

Bravo, racers.

by Anonymousreply 11111/19/2012

[quote] At first I did think Jaymes and James were just himbos, but I've come to really like and enjoy them. No, they aren't geniuses, but they're self-aware and funny and not prone to the stupid alpha posturing of some others.

Interesting backstory on Jaymes. He seems like the real deal, and his life experiences are what keep him humble.

by Anonymousreply 11211/19/2012

Jaymes is a famewhore just like Reichen. Just wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 11311/19/2012

Both Jaymes and James are incredibly sexy, and I have to wonder if there's more going on behind the scenes. They seem like an actual couple to me, and maybe James just hasn't come out yet.

The thought of them together makes me swoon!

(And R113 is just jealous)

by Anonymousreply 11411/19/2012

Reichen never exuded much of a personality on his season. He was always a bit of a drip but he was so damn good looking he got a pass. Like most good looking people.

by Anonymousreply 11511/19/2012

[quote]And you obviously have Sunshine shooting out of your ass.

Ok, I guess I do have Sunshine shooting out of my ass if that means I'm not prone to absurd and ridiculous exaggerations and endless self-serving comments as exhibited by the Beekman Boys.

by Anonymousreply 11611/19/2012

[quote]Jaymes is a famewhore just like Reichen. Just wait and see.

You may be right, but the Beekman Boys are in the TAR Famewhore Hall of Fame and the season is still going.

by Anonymousreply 11711/19/2012

Well Mr. Sunshine-Ass, it doesn't. I think you like the idea that someone on a tee-vee show gets to see your bitch act about them.

by Anonymousreply 11811/19/2012

James is so much more outgoing in this video. I'm surprised how shy he seems on the show. He's quite talkative here.

by Anonymousreply 11911/19/2012

Oh please R118 ... the things that you don't know...

Besides, somebody needs to balance out the slobbering Beekman sycophants... those who like the idea that someone on a tee-vee show gets to see their brown-nose act about them.

by Anonymousreply 12011/19/2012

The Beekman's extended a personal thank you to Ken Burns for 'The Dust Bowl'. The Beekman's watched 'The Dust Bowl' just like me! blushing* The Beekman Boys are way too adorable. How is it even possible to be that cute?

by Anonymousreply 12111/19/2012

Clearly Jaymes has a much better personality, sense of humor and attitude than Reichen could ever dream of. Just because they're both good looking they're not the same person.

by Anonymousreply 12211/20/2012

I only saw the end of Sunday's show. What was the reason some team had so much trouble with the time question concerning Russian cities?

by Anonymousreply 12311/20/2012

Jaymes is cute so far, but give him a little fame and he'll be Reichen II in no time at all. Mark my words, LOGO is developing a reality show as I type this.

I give alot of credit to the hetero couples left in the race this year. Usually by now, the hisband/boyfriend/fiance is threatening to kill the bitch and the woman is crying most of the time. These guys seem genuinely good natured. And they are HOT!

by Anonymousreply 12411/20/2012

R123, they were seeing Moscow as the baseline, so they read +5. +6. etc., as being added to whatever time it was in Moscow. They failed to notice that Moscow started out at +4,(in relation to GMT),so they needed to subtract 4 from their calculations to get the correct times.

by Anonymousreply 12511/20/2012

The Amazing Race must not like Ryan and Abbie because there are no clips of them on the CBS website.

I had to go on the The Amazing Race website and see Brent and Josh do the Russian leader identification challenge again. Absolutely stunning. Seeing the impersonators cheer them as they left gives me joy. Josh and Brent have been excellent on every mental challenge.

by Anonymousreply 12611/20/2012

[quote]Seeing the impersonators cheer them as they left gives me joy.

Being on a major American television show may have helped a bit.

by Anonymousreply 12711/20/2012

[quote] Being on a major American television show may have helped a bit.

AND they were the only team that decided to do the historical figure challenge (everyone else did the dancing challenge), so the characters were probably elated to have been given a part in the show.

by Anonymousreply 12811/20/2012

Sorry, but the impersonator challenge was not that difficult for someone with a modicum awareness of history and politics. The Beekmans were so joyous because it was a breeze.

by Anonymousreply 12911/20/2012

They didn't "decide" to do the historical challenge, it was a required speed bump penalty.

by Anonymousreply 13011/20/2012

Who are these Beekman cheerleaders? Same person? I mean they seem alright and everything but hardly worthy of the fawning being posted.

by Anonymousreply 13111/20/2012

The Beekman's didn't have the speed bump. The long-hairs did. The Beekman's didn't do the dance challenge. They chose the historical figures ones.

by Anonymousreply 13211/20/2012

I always go straight As in school. And, yes, I'm an insufferable prisspot.

by Anonymousreply 13311/20/2012

[quote]Sorry, but the impersonator challenge was not that difficult for someone with a modicum awareness of history and politics.

...and I'd say that lets out most of the current contestants, and in fact a staggering number of Americans under the age of 30.

by Anonymousreply 13411/20/2012

r130, they DID choose to do it. It was NOT a speed bump. Their penalty was a time delay not a speed bump.

Of course they'd do it. Did anyone think that they'd want to do another physical "dancing" challenge again?

by Anonymousreply 13511/20/2012

No, but my mouth was watering at the prospect of seeing the Beekman's in those uniforms.

by Anonymousreply 13611/20/2012

I'm under 30, never ended up graduating high school and I would have aced the fuck out of that historical figure exercise. I was actually yelling at the tv initially for the couples to do that challenge because it was so damn easy. All I'm saying is that if a high school dropout could have aced that exercise, it wasn't much of an accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 13711/20/2012

Maybe you're a Good Will Hunting type genious, r137.

by Anonymousreply 13811/20/2012

I'm not a genius, I'm just well read and self-taught despite my lack of formal education.

by Anonymousreply 13911/20/2012

R124 = sad DL self loather. Handsome straight guys are wonderful! Handsome gay guys must be hated, even if it takes making up things that haven't even happened.

by Anonymousreply 14011/20/2012

Clarifying that challenge, did they just have to identify the number of each historical figure?

by Anonymousreply 14111/20/2012

[quote]No, but my mouth was watering at the prospect of seeing the Beekman's in those uniforms.

The Beekman Geezers are really working overtime on this thread. Or else we're playing the emporer's new clothes. Look how hot they are! Look how hot they are!

LOL!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14211/21/2012

Do you think Jaymes and James shave each others taints? Or do they just chew it off like cows grazing.

by Anonymousreply 14311/21/2012

Really tired of hearing about how they lost jobs.. had to save the goat farm etc. OK, you did it. We get it.

by Anonymousreply 14411/21/2012

[quote]Clarifying that challenge, did they just have to identify the number of each historical figure?

Yes. And the figures identified themselves. No brain work required.

by Anonymousreply 14511/21/2012

I think Josh is cute, but Brent looks like Ruth Buzzi. Both seem like nice guys, though.

by Anonymousreply 14611/21/2012

I think lots of DL posters dislike Josh and Brent because they are not "straight acting" and have struggled a lot on the race. All the other stuff posters bring up is just a cover for internalized homophobia

by Anonymousreply 14711/21/2012

Y'all! Brent and Josh are real people who frequent this very site and read this thread.

by Anonymousreply 14811/21/2012

I think Josh is kind of cute in a nerdy way.

by Anonymousreply 14911/21/2012

R147: Yes, responses would be different if say Trey and Josh were a couple. So agree, except for the fact that Brent and Josh are so self involved. Question to you: do you actually like them? If so, why?

by Anonymousreply 15011/21/2012

Josh is fine. Brent is a fucking miserable troll with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 15111/21/2012

Yes, I actually like Josh and Brent, r150. But I don't have to post more now. Happy Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 15211/21/2012

I like them too. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be on much longer.

by Anonymousreply 15311/21/2012

[quote]Sorry, but the impersonator challenge was not that difficult for someone with a modicum awareness of history and politics.

...which eliminates every remaining TAR team besides the Beekman Boys. I mean, seriously: these idiots don't even know what the fuck GMT means and you expect them to be able to identify Russian leaders on *sight*? I would honestly be surprised if any of them could name ONE Russian leader, even Putin! But yeah: between an ad-agency "creative" and an M.D., I'd expect a fair amount of knowledge on any given topic.

[quote]I think lots of DL posters dislike Josh and Brent because they are not "straight acting" and have struggled a lot on the race.

I think lots of people dislike josh because he's a long-time authenticated poster here, and our most miserable trolls irrationally hate ALL authenticateds. The fact that josh has published multiple books, has been cast on multiple television shows and has become somewhat of a celebrity in certain circles only (as has Brent) makes them 100x angrier and more envious. Brent is disliked merely by association.

As for who on the show I think I'd like in real-life, besides the Beekman Boys: Jaymes and James (funny as HELL), Trey and Lexi (not the brightest bulbs, but they seem sweet), and *maybe* Ryan and Abbie now that they've proven they aren't total douches.

[quote]Really tired of hearing about how they lost jobs.. had to save the goat farm etc.

The only thing that bothers me about that is the fact that the show is pretending they aren't already a "known entity" with their own cable reality show. It's sure as hell always been an issue when someone from a *CBS* reality show has made it onto TAR ("Romber" from Survivor, most notoriously, but also last season that annoying couple from BB).

by Anonymousreply 15411/21/2012

Is Josh he taller of the two?

by Anonymousreply 15511/21/2012

Well said R154.

by Anonymousreply 15611/21/2012

R155 Yes.

Josh and Brent have done spectacularly on all the intelligence challenges. Josh is the only one that figured out the trees of love locks had a pattern. Brent is the only one who understood the Russian time zone challenge.

by Anonymousreply 15711/21/2012

R154: Nice rant.

I had no idea the Beekmans were 'famous,' a 'known entity,'or that Josh posts here. I think you are wildly over estimating the number of people who watch cable shows...aren't there 100s of people who would also be 'known entities' under your definition?

I do agree that the Beekman are very smart. But, the other teams know how to play the game by now. At least one member of each team would know Stalin (or perhaps Lenin)...once they guess one person, the rest would follow. But, the Beekmans ruled in that quiz.

by Anonymousreply 15811/21/2012

[quote]these idiots don't even know what the fuck GMT means

There was no mention or indication of GMT. They used the current designation, UTC.

by Anonymousreply 15911/21/2012

The Beekmans are as hot as Hello Kitty.

There is nothing admirable about striving to be the Next Big Thing on basic cable.

by Anonymousreply 16011/21/2012

Where do you work Mr. Sunshine? Where are you striving to be the "next big thing?"

by Anonymousreply 16111/21/2012

For the love of God, will Polka Spot please shit in my mouth?

by Anonymousreply 16211/21/2012

I just rewatched part of the episode before deleting it from the DVR. Laughed again at on of the twinnies splitting open the ass of her pants.

When James & Jaymes are finishing the Russian dance challenge, I could swear it looks like James (with the hobbled ankle) is wearing a black thong under under his uniform. It sure looks like it when they are doing that coffee grinder move - squatting on the ground and swinging one leg in a circle beneath them.

It's gotta be an optical illusion though. Nobody would wear thongs in a competition when they know they might have to change clothes, would they?

by Anonymousreply 16311/21/2012

I always thought Josh was cute in a nerdy/bookish way. And it was sweet when Ryan kissed his head after their long, hard day at the swimming pool and lock challenge. I'd watch a Ryan-Josh-Brent threeway.

by Anonymousreply 16411/21/2012

I like the Beekmans, and I've grown fonder as the race goes on. I thought it was cute that the nerdy one mentioned that he was a straight A's student. There doesn't seem to be much interaction between the Chippendales and the Beekmans...maybe they just haven't been able to be in the same place at the same time very much yet. I'm hoping that Jaymes becomes a breakout celebrity, he's got a great personality.

by Anonymousreply 16511/21/2012

[quote]Where are you striving to be the "next big thing?"

Certainly not on basic cable, as if doing so were a noble pursuit or an admirable quality...

Fine for those who want it or succeed in acquiring it, but I'm not impressed. The simple fact that someone is seen on cable television does not make them worthy of admiration or any better than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 16611/21/2012

No one is putting that out as the reason but you. Talk about self involved.

R163, I also saw the thong. And I have to wonder what, if anything, the Twinnie was wearing under her pants. That was a lot of panic over just showing panties. And she kept saying "My ass!"

by Anonymousreply 16711/21/2012

I think the strippers are sweet, but the Beekman's are the thinking man's gay sex symbols. I think it's adorable how Josh gently counterbalances Brent's flights of fancy. They're a dear couple and, along with Polka Spot, blush, could they be any cuter?

by Anonymousreply 16811/21/2012

R165 They were cute together at the mattress sewing task, where Josh disclosed his drag name.

by Anonymousreply 16911/21/2012

I have to suppress the urge to vomit every time the Beekman goats mug for the camera. Every thing they say is calibrated for maximum impact on the TV audience. Of course it all made sense once I found out that they have prior experience with another reality show.

by Anonymousreply 17011/21/2012

I just stumbled upon some Beekman/Chippendales slash!!!

Which one of you bitches is writing it?

by Anonymousreply 17111/21/2012

Josh and Brent are okay. I really wanted them to do better because, even though he doesn't post much now, Josh did a lot back in the day when I first stumbled upon DL. The problem is that they are a bottom feeding team on the show - they never get very far above last place. I was glad to see them zoom through the tasks on Sunday, but they 4 hour penalty (and the extremely late flight) kept them in last place. Next week it's either them or Abby and Ryan gone because, unless there's a bunch or Hours of Operation, they're too far back of the top 3 teams to catch up. Josh and Brent must be, what, at least 9 hours behind James and Jaymes?

by Anonymousreply 17211/22/2012

[quote]I had no idea the Beekmans were 'famous,' a 'known entity,'or that Josh posts here.

I'm sorry you're so new here and have so little knowledge of gay pop culture, but Josh's first book was a NYT bestseller; their reality show is on its third or fourth season; Josh had a column in "Out" magazine for a number of years; Bravo also optioned his autobiography and worked with SATC creator Darren Star to try to make it into a regular scripted TV series, though unfortunately it didn't work out (probably because Bravo doesn't really do scripted anything, not counting their heavily "produced" reality shows); and there were tons of pics of them on the red carpet at the most recent GLAAD awards.

by Anonymousreply 17311/22/2012

In response to R143: According to google their reality show is broadcast on the Cooking Channel, which is a cable station (not on the same level as CNN, ESPN, MSMBC, Fox News and Bravo)

So that channel and others are apparently only available for yet another additional cost.

I am not new here & if the Beekmans have been mentioned, I missed it...not surprising if most of the discussions involves a show on the Cooking Ghannel.

I am glad the Beekmans are more likeable elsewhere, but make no apologies for not knowing them.

by Anonymousreply 17411/22/2012

[quote]the Beekman's are the thinking man's gay sex symbols.

Those 2 old grannies may be YOUR idea of a gay sex symbol but I assure you nobody else thinks that. Those 2 don't even act like they're interested in fucking each other.

Those 2 fame whores are all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 17511/22/2012

[quote]the Beekman's are the thinking man's gay sex symbols.

Thinking men know the difference between plural and possessive.

by Anonymousreply 17611/22/2012

[quote]Those 2 old grannies ... Those 2 don't even act ... Those 2 fame whores are all over this thread.

Thinking men also know that it's not appropriate to type like Prince circa 1991.

by Anonymousreply 17711/22/2012

I've never read an Amazing Race thread where one team is called adorable, sexy and smart over and over. It seems there is a shill (or a contestant) lurking about.

by Anonymousreply 17811/23/2012

There are four complimentary mentions of the word adorable and three of them are from the same poster...

by Anonymousreply 17911/23/2012

Well, I hope all you anti-Beekman Boys are satisfied. According to their facebook page their rural reunion will have to wait, so I assume by that that they don't win the Amazing Race. The poor kids. We're all praying hard for that third season of their reality show so that they might be able to make ends meet and bring Josh in from the city. In the meantime fans can buy products from Beekman mercantile for Christmas. It'll really help the boys and there's no way a loved one can be disappointed with the gift of quality products from Beekman farms.

by Anonymousreply 18011/23/2012

Or a troll, R178. Are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 18111/23/2012

Gisele, what's on the menu tonight? Race ON TIME!!

by Anonymousreply 18211/25/2012

Tommy is home, so we have to eat healthy.

by Anonymousreply 18311/25/2012

I have to wonder if Abby and Ryan's woes will again save the Beekmans.

by Anonymousreply 18411/25/2012

:) Gisele

by Anonymousreply 18511/25/2012

Wonder if tonight will be the second non elimination leg? They usually have two.

by Anonymousreply 18611/25/2012

Oh my got, oh my got, oh my got!

by Anonymousreply 18711/25/2012

I'll donate 30 Euro to grind Jaymes' organ.

by Anonymousreply 18811/25/2012

Love the Chippendales.. positive attitude, friendly and hot..

by Anonymousreply 18911/25/2012

They've already done two. The Beekmans and then the long-hairs.

by Anonymousreply 19011/25/2012

Tommy has gone to watch tapes of the game!

I love the Chippendales also. I hope the beat the twins.

by Anonymousreply 19111/25/2012

I also think there's a non-elimination round right before they get to 4 teams. So probably next week.

by Anonymousreply 19211/25/2012

Stop it, Josh! WANT it!

by Anonymousreply 19311/25/2012

This is what happens when you treat others like crap. You get stabbed in the back and you deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 19411/25/2012

Now I want it to be non-elimination because they want it so much.

by Anonymousreply 19511/25/2012

So glad that douche is off my screen. And his enabling gf.

by Anonymousreply 19611/25/2012

The entitlement level of Ryan and Abby is astounding. "It's so much money....and we really wanted it." So other people should just get out of the way and let us have it.

The taller Beekman Boy seemed to have developed Stockhom syndrome towards Ryan & Abby - thank god the short one still had some competitive drive left.

Go Chips!

by Anonymousreply 19711/25/2012

I don't think the U-turn was necessary given how far behind Abbie & Ryan were (not to mention the Beekmans). It was just vindictiveness on the part of the twinnies. You know Jaymes and James didn't want to use the U-turn, and I don't think Lexi and Trey really wanted to, either.

by Anonymousreply 19911/25/2012

Did Jaymes say "Good job Baby, good job Buddy"?

by Anonymousreply 20011/25/2012

"The Chippendales cost me two million dollars". Excuse me, but where is it written it was supposed to be handed to you? It's a game and you lost. You booked the flight that came in late. Can't blame anyone but yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 20111/25/2012

No one knew Ryan and Abbie would be so far behind when they were scheming.

by Anonymousreply 20211/25/2012

R199 it was J & J that ended up pulling the trigger and it was sound strategy. Teams like Ryan & Abby typically kill the competition in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 20311/25/2012

Yeah, R203, I guess that's true. You know the Beekmans weren't gonna be a thread.

by Anonymousreply 20411/25/2012

Ryan was by the far the hottest man on the show.

There are a lot of whiners this season.

by Anonymousreply 20511/25/2012

**threat

by Anonymousreply 20611/25/2012

The twins strategy was airtight - if Trey & Lexi hadn't deliberately wasted their u-turn on the Chips, Ryan would have u-turned the Beekmans in a heartbeat, soppy paeans to friendship be damned!

by Anonymousreply 20711/25/2012

Gisele:

Tell us about Tommy's big cock. Please

by Anonymousreply 20811/25/2012

R205, yours is a minority opinion.

Trey is considered to be the hottest contestant.

by Anonymousreply 20911/25/2012

R208 - it's not as big as you think. But, it'll do.

by Anonymousreply 21011/25/2012

Oh my god, the display of self-pity and entitlement by Ryan & Abbie was sickening. They deserve each other. Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 21111/25/2012

They were good folks and I'm sorry they didn't get to play it out. However, I think the twins are playing the game extremely well and made a good alliance which followed through on the plan. Well done Twinnies and Chippies.

by Anonymousreply 21211/25/2012

Ryan will be fine. He has a financial company in NYC. I don't know what Abbie does but I think she will be fine.

I wish The Amazing Race would select lower income people for a change. Everyone they pick is successful already. Being on The Amazing Race would be a great experience for people who are stock clerks or work on an assembly line.

I'm happy The Beekman Boys remembered it was a competition and finished the leg in 4th. I'm just really tired of gay people not being competitive and then getting walked all over.

There are no bonus videos of Ryan and Abbie on The Amazing Race website. I don't know what set off the Twinnies to dislike them. It's a competition so they can maneuver other teams to their liking. I just don't like the U-Turn being about taking out teams you don't like instead of teams that have the potential to take the $1 million away from you. Several seasons back the U-Turn was used against the lesbian team to knock them out of the competition because they weren't liked not because they had a great chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 21311/25/2012

Fuck Ryan and Abbe they would've done the exact same thing, hey even mentioned u-turning the Beekmans. Jesus Josh, you were such a pussy this episode, it's a fucking game for $2M. In the words of the twins gets with the program!

I am rooting for the twins or the Chips both deserve to win.

by Anonymousreply 21411/25/2012

Yeah Josh, put on your fucking big girl panties. It's a race, not a kumbaya circle.

Anybody catch Brent's VPL when they were on the canal? Not too shabby.

I find Ryan to be incredible hot for some reason, moreso than Jaymes. Perhaps I'm more into the swarthy type.

by Anonymousreply 21511/25/2012

The entire episode I just KNEW the Beekman "boys" were going to stick with R/A even if they didn't have to. Good to see at least Brent grew a backbone somewhere in that museum.

Racers who basically give up like Josh wanted to piss me off to no end.

by Anonymousreply 21611/25/2012

I hope anyone wins except the two bitches. Can you believe the Chippendales have become a top team especially since they almost lost in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 21711/25/2012

I feel bad for Ryan falling into the canal when everybody else did it clean. Abi dancing in the streets of Amsterdam before collapsing into tears was also moving.

I feel bad for Brent. His Christmas message on the Beekman site lamented that after five years of working apart that there still would be no rural reunion between him and Josh in 2012. The way Josh behaved in this episode made me wonder if he really wants to be with Brent more than weekends.

by Anonymousreply 21811/25/2012

I've seen every frame of every race and I will be very upset if the thieves win.

by Anonymousreply 21911/25/2012

I put Trey & Lexi and the Chippendales as the co-favorites to win.

by Anonymousreply 22011/25/2012

Ryan and Abbe are gone?

by Anonymousreply 22111/25/2012

R221 Yes.

Did anyone else notice Brent and Josh were the only two who knew it was the Dutch flag right away?

I thought Brent and Josh's moral dilemma at the end was the most interesting part of the episode. I'm glad they made the right decision. They put their reason together so beautifully at the mat.

by Anonymousreply 22211/26/2012

R222, just stoppit.

by Anonymousreply 22311/26/2012

Ryan and Abbe are gone!!!!!!!!!!!

HEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22411/26/2012

wtf is wrong with the gays? i'm not even done the episode yet. why are they acting like they don't care about the race? dummies

by Anonymousreply 22511/26/2012

I'm happy because I like all the teams left so anyone for the win :)

by Anonymousreply 22611/26/2012

The boat-bus looked cool.

by Anonymousreply 22711/26/2012

The Chippies know what it takes to make some money. Loved when the grandma gave them ten euro.

by Anonymousreply 22811/26/2012

Everyone keeps saying the Chips are dumb (including themselves) but they were smart to (1) book a nonstop flight and (2)verify the nationality of the flag by doing some research. Trey and Lexi just dashed off to the airport expecting to fly to Paris. And most of the other teams booked risky connecting flights.

by Anonymousreply 22911/26/2012

I can't believe the large number of pro-Ryan and Abbie supporters on some TAR boards. Some of them are saying things like the top teams should be ashamed of themselves for their behavior, their lack of ethics and morals and their "win at any cost" attitudes. Okay, so done people are still harping on about the Twinnies and Team Texas' taking the Rockers' money but the rest comes down to running the Race. And I have no idea, besides using the U-Turn, what the Chippies have done that is so bad. They've been one of the cleaner teams this or any past season.

by Anonymousreply 23011/26/2012

Quelle surprise, r230, that fraus on other boards would be whining that Abby and Ryan were outsmarted by gays and ethnics.

by Anonymousreply 23111/26/2012

Lisa Whelchel has west nile.

by Anonymousreply 23211/26/2012

Ryan's heart wasn't in it at the canal jumping, I think that is why he fell in. He knew the 2 million was gone from their life and he was just going through the motions. Bad form to blame the Chippies for their last place and elimination. They would have done the same thing and they know it. Maybe when they see how Jaymes agonized over u-turning them, they will realize it was part of the game. Other people want to win too.

Now, no one is eligible for the 2 million, right? That was just for Ryan and Abbie IF they won.

The Chippies seemed to have more male admirers than females after they stripped down and started grinding their organs. Beautiful bodies on both of them. Go Chippies, win that money for your families.

by Anonymousreply 23311/26/2012

[quote] The twins strategy was airtight - if Trey & Lexi hadn't deliberately wasted their u-turn on the Chips, Ryan would have u-turned the Beekmans in a heartbeat, soppy paeans to friendship be damned!

I wasn't too happy that the Twinnies had the Chips and the Texans do their bidding. It's like all they had to do was coast to the 10,000 finish line, while the Chips ended up looking bad. No fair.

Notice how the Twinnies always bring others into their dishonest plans, in order to deflect criticism and hostility from themselves. I can't stand those kind of people. It's so disingenuous.

That said, those girls know how to win. They took the 10,000 dollars, the fast forward, they have the express pass which they still haven't used, and they came in first. Of all the teams, they seem the most on-track to win it all.

Even so, I don't like how they play the game. They seem like grifters.

[quote] Trey is considered to be the hottest contestant.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Jaymes is smokin' HOT, and I'm very glad he's gay. Usually I'll find the straight guy more attractive, but in this season, Jaymes wins HANDS DOWN. He is a major stud, and he has the best personality.

Does he have a b/f, or is James his b/f? I'm very curious.

[quote] Ryan's heart wasn't in it at the canal jumping, I think that is why he fell in.

What an awful challenge. I know that it's a replay of the same challenge in Amsterdam done in seasons past, but I would cringe everytime I saw someone land on the other end.

Those people are KILLING their knees and ankles, and they'd all better win a million bucks, because that's how much it's going to cost for knee surgery and physical therapy. That challenge is CRAZY, and TAR needs to stop doing it.

I knew the poor Beekman was going to suffer after all of his failed landings, and next week's preview confirmed it. I would never do that challenge - not even for a million bucks.

by Anonymousreply 23411/26/2012

So no one noticed Jaymes saying "Good job Baby, good job Buddy" when James vaulted the water in one shot? I thought that was so endearing, or maybe a clue to their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 23511/26/2012

If Ryan had u-turned the Beekmans then all four would have done the extra task together, and he would have still had the chance to finish 4th.

But the Twinnies plan assured Ryan and Abbe's elimination.

by Anonymousreply 23611/26/2012

[quote]Notice how the Twinnies always bring others into their dishonest plans, in order to deflect criticism and hostility from themselves. I can't stand those kind of people. It's so disingenuous.

What are you talking about? The twins would have done the deed but they were first and got the fast forward. One twin even lamented not being able to take care of the FF. It's called gameplay and alliances. Did you hear Phil? "I see you've decided to play the game." Amazing Race may not be Survivor, but it's still a game.

by Anonymousreply 23711/26/2012

[quote] they have the express pass which they still haven't used,

Didn't they use the Express Pass to get out of the Time Zone task? (Which was when Abbie & Ryan fell irretrievably behind...despite all their crowing about WE GOT THIS, they've been lagging hours behind the rest of the field ever since they missed their connection in Frankfurt).

Yes, I'm glad they're gone.

by Anonymousreply 23811/26/2012

No problems with the uturn of Ryan and Abbe, they were arrogant as hell in the beginning and would've stabbed anyone in the back to get ahead.

I would like to see Jaymes with his natural hair color and body hair grown in. I can totally see him getting some kind of TV host job after this.

by Anonymousreply 23911/26/2012

Yes, the Express Pass was used on the Time Zones. That's how the Twinnies got so far ahead for this week.

by Anonymousreply 24011/26/2012

As others have noted, it's nice that there are no obvious villains this season.

by Anonymousreply 24111/26/2012

I was so disappointed with Josh in this episode. I Wanted to shout grow a pair at him. While Abbie & Ryan are strategizing to uturn them, he's practically crying over them. Pathetic. Amazing Race needs to stay away from pseudo celebrities and give spots to people who actually want to win.

Trey and his goofy face is not hot--unless you put a paper bag over his face.

Lexi's ever chipper voice is so annoying.

The twins are a little bit evil.

Jaymes and James prove that sometimes hot and nice go together. I'm rooting for them to take it all.

by Anonymousreply 24211/26/2012

What surprised me is that the Chips didn't u-turn the twins, leaving Trey and Lexi to u-turn Ryan and Abbie. Also, after Ryan and Abbey screwed over the woman with no legs and her boyfriend after they helped them the first week, they have no right to complain about anyone!

by Anonymousreply 24311/26/2012

Why are you allowed to "U-Turn" a team that you know cannot be u-turned because they already passed that point in the race? You are not actually "U-turning" anybody in that case. You are just nullifying the u-turn, not using it.

by Anonymousreply 24411/26/2012

[quote]I was so disappointed with Josh in this episode. Amazing Race needs to stay away from pseudo celebrities and give spots to people who actually want to win.

I think it was refreshing to see somebody on a reality show wrestle with their conscience and sense of fair play. Josh may not display the win-at-any-cost attitude these shows thrive on, but I like him more now.

On a shallower note, I'm sorry to see Ryan go. I find him incredibly hot for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 24511/26/2012

The Chippies knew that Team Twineeeeeee had already taken the Fast Forward and were on their way to the Pit Stop (remember, Jaymes and James also went for the FF and saw the Twins as they were getting off the bus-boat and the latter confirmed that they had done the FF). There was no reason why the Chippies would have used the U-Turn against the Twins.

by Anonymousreply 24611/26/2012

[quote]Those people are KILLING their knees and ankles

MARY.

[quote]There was no reason why the Chippies would have used the U-Turn against the Twins.

To use one of the UTurn spots (since only two teams can be UTurned) and deflect Ryan's glare of death.

[quote]I think it was refreshing to see somebody on a reality show wrestle with their conscience and sense of fair play

There was no "fair play" involved. Josh was ready to quit to let Ryan/Abbie continue. Brent smartened up and tightened Josh's bra straps.

by Anonymousreply 24711/26/2012

I think Josh has the Killer Fatigue...he looks totally drained. And there is a point on the show where a team (or just one of the team, which is kind of hard on the one who wants to go on) gets that LOOK, and they just sort of coast to a halt. It's not usually in Europe, though.

This has been one of the toughest seasons ever in terms of really difficult physical and mental challenges. I'm glad, because the show is at its best when it makes the contestants use their brains, too. (Which is totally why little Dr. Brent is carrying his team).

by Anonymousreply 24811/26/2012

There really should not be any U-Turns -- the race is about how you run the race, until it's not. Suddenly it's Survivor where you can be eliminated from the game because you have not played well with others. Ryan's justifiable pissed-off-ness is misplaced -- the Twinnies brilliantly thought through a strategy for how to make this loophole work for them, despite R234's distaste for "those kind of people," and they were able to get others to carry out their plan, which is exactly what gets rewarded on a show like Survivor. On this show, the race should just be the race.

by Anonymousreply 24911/26/2012

lol, @ the josh/brent troll trying to defend that pathetic behavior. next we will hear how adorable they were for considering the ultimate sacrifice for their friends. however, as R225 notes, there was nothing to wrestle over. its a race. what is also funny is that the beekmans are so calculating about their appearance on tv that i am sure they thought that being distraught about stepping on the mat before abby and ryan would make them sympathetic to the tv audience. not!

by Anonymousreply 25011/26/2012

Props to the twins for eating that damn fish, I was gagging, watching them. They crack me up. I like that all the good guys are now left.

by Anonymousreply 25111/26/2012

I find the term "Twinnies" just as annoying as those braying she-mules themselves.

by Anonymousreply 25211/26/2012

How annoying is Lexi's "Yeaaaaaahhhhs"? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 25311/26/2012

Josh, no matter how nice you are to Ryan, he's never gonna fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 25411/26/2012

lol, R232.

by Anonymousreply 25511/26/2012

None of these people are going to be close friends after this race is over, so why worry about pissing off another team by using the U-turn?

by Anonymousreply 25611/26/2012

The way I understand it is that the first team that arrived at the U-Turn was supposed to use it on Ryan and Abby, and the second team was supposed to U-Turn the team that used the first U-Turn, thus guaranteeing that it would not have any effect. There would've been a risk in Trey and Lexi U-Turning the twinnies, because they had no way of knowing for sure that they'd already been there. There's always the possibility that they could've gotten lost or had taxi troubles and were actually behind Trey and Lexi. The Ja[y]meses couldn't have U-Turned them because that would've messed up the original plan and Trey and Lexi wouldn't know whom to U-Turn.

by Anonymousreply 25711/26/2012

Th Chips ARE a couple. I know so. :)

by Anonymousreply 25811/26/2012

As someone mentioned upthread, Ryan and Abby were the team that asked a one-legged woman on her way to the pit stop where the pit stop was and then out ran her. That made me slightly sick, capitalising on that woman's lack of guile.

They were also plotting against the Beekmans and were only disappointed that their (Ryan's) plan was foiled.

I thought the twinnies were brilliant. They were the ones taking the risk with the transfer in Rome and it seemed like they covered themselves fairly well, should they fall behind. The Beekman's didn't even figure into their game plan.

I don't mind competitive people but not when they can't accept the game play and realise that other people are competitive too. I'm sure Ryan voted for Romney and likely dumped Abby as soon as filming was over.

Ultimately, the flaw in their plan was making themselves a target. They made everyone feel as if they were a target and that's why the remaining players banded together to get them out. There was not one person in that huddle that didn't think Ryan and Abby would use the U-Turn on them if given the chance and THAT'S why they're out of the race.

by Anonymousreply 25911/26/2012

[quote]I don't mind competitive people but not when they can't accept the game play and realise that other people are competitive too. I'm sure Ryan voted for Romney and likely dumped Abby as soon as filming was over.

Both those things wouldn't surprise me in the least.

by Anonymousreply 26011/26/2012

I agree that Josh looks beyond exhausted. Also, the "ethical dilemma" conversation may have been prompted by the cameraman. Just a thought.

James the Chippy is getting so much hotter and more endearing to me by the minute. I would not be able to keep my hands off of him. I hope he and Jaymes are a couple.

by Anonymousreply 26111/26/2012

[quote]I wish The Amazing Race would select lower income people for a change.

Are you forgetting the hillbillies from Kentucky from last season?

by Anonymousreply 26211/26/2012

Not everyone can take a month off work and have their jobs waiting for them when they return.

by Anonymousreply 26311/26/2012

R254, I seriously think you're onto something. Maybe Ryan sensed that Josh was weakening and kind of lead him on to undermine his competitive fervor. If he ever had any that is..

by Anonymousreply 26411/26/2012

They need to have more challenges like the Rembrandt recreation and the time zone challenge. I think the race has gotten too physical and youth-oriented, and as a result, a lot of the charm of the show has dissipated. No longer can an older team make it to the end and that's not fair.

by Anonymousreply 26511/26/2012

r265 - I agree I like more of a balance between physical and mental tasks, but the race has always favoured younger teams.

by Anonymousreply 26611/26/2012

I find Trey hot as hell. He has my ideal body type and the goofiness of his face makes him even more endearing. Plus, wide mouth = big dick.

by Anonymousreply 26711/26/2012

If Jaymes could put the breaks on that rapid-fire machine gun chatter of his, he'd be much more appealing.

I don't think I could be around him more than 15 minutes before moaning "oh would you please shut up for just a little while?"

Yeah, he's a nice, fun guy and very good looking, but hyper motor-mouths drain me.

I agree that the U-Turn should go. As others have said, there's enough scheming, strategizing, and back-stabbing on Survivor. Let's just have an amazing race, in which the contestants only enemy is a lack of stamina and wits.

by Anonymousreply 26811/26/2012

Why are Josh and Brent called the Beekman boys?

by Anonymousreply 26911/26/2012

The chippies are the breakout stars this season.

I see Survivor or Big Brother in their future.

by Anonymousreply 27011/26/2012

Whereas the best Josh can hope for is RuPaul's Drag Race. What was his drag name again?

by Anonymousreply 27111/26/2012

[quote] Th Chips ARE a couple. I know so. :)

Really? Did the little voices inside your head tell you this, dear?

Stop projecting.

by Anonymousreply 27211/26/2012

The Chipmunks will definitely be back for the next All-Star season should they not win this one. Same for the Twinnies. BTW, I'm ready for another All-Stars.

by Anonymousreply 27311/26/2012

Josh and Brent bought property known as Beekman Farms. I'm not sure if Beekman is the name of the town, but it is the name of the property.

by Anonymousreply 27411/26/2012

I see Jaymes as a game show or reality show host very soon..

by Anonymousreply 27511/26/2012

It'd be nice, R275. He's so charismatic. He'd be a better game show host than people such as Drew Carey, for example.

by Anonymousreply 27611/26/2012

It was cold blooded the way he said if it came between his sick father and Ryan and Aby he'd choose his sick father.

by Anonymousreply 27711/26/2012

R277 Really--cold-blooded" to choose to help your possibly terminally ill father over two people you didn't know until a few weeks ago? Glad I'm not in your family.

by Anonymousreply 27811/26/2012

I just meant that Jaymes when you cut away all the bullshit sounds like a formidable predator. He's essentially a flesh hustler and that came through in his earnestness, unlike Josh who in his earnestness came across like a gentle lamb.

by Anonymousreply 27911/26/2012

Well I like Jaymes and Josh. Both are scrambling and are pretty much on the same level. Both have their good points and their bad, but I doubt that we are actually seeing who either of them truly is.

by Anonymousreply 28011/26/2012

What the hell are you talking about, R279?

by Anonymousreply 28111/26/2012

Do you remember years ago when the two grandmothers competed and handglided off some hill?

by Anonymousreply 28211/26/2012

I remember. I love The Amazing Race.

by Anonymousreply 28311/26/2012

Jaymes reminds me so much of my yoga instructor Rudy Mettia in Santa Monica. He is from the south too and has a wicked sense of humor and hard body, but he's older. So Jaymes is a young version of Rudy.

by Anonymousreply 28411/26/2012

R268-

I completely agree about Jaymes. I am glad someone put into words why I can not get excited about him, despite his good looks.

I am liking the Beekmans a lttle more now tha they have stopped tellng thir life story over and over.

By default I hope Trey and Lexi win. They have surprised me the most. I am impressed that their understated manner has led to other teams helping them so much. They are a lot smarter than the country hicks they first seemed.

by Anonymousreply 28511/27/2012

There are probably ways to shut up Jaymes and still have a good time.

by Anonymousreply 28611/27/2012

[quote]I am liking the Beekmans a lttle more now tha they have stopped tellng thir life story over and over.

But, what IS their life story? What they've been reciting on The Amazing Race, I've been hearing, is a good deal of fabrication with a bit of truth thrown in for good measure.

Oh never mind, I don't really care.

by Anonymousreply 28711/27/2012

"Oh never mind, I don't really care."

Yes, I did check out their website where it says the doctor had a practice before working with Martha Stewart...contrary to what has been posted here.

by Anonymousreply 28811/27/2012

[quote]Why are they called the Beekman Boys?

Because the Beekman Grannies, while more accurate, did not score well in focus testing.

by Anonymousreply 28911/27/2012

R286 My dick in his mouth would be a good start.

by Anonymousreply 29011/27/2012

[quote]"The Chippendales cost me two million dollars". Excuse me, but where is it written it was supposed to be handed to you? It's a game and you lost. You booked the flight that came in late. Can't blame anyone but yourselves.

Let's not also forget the earlier Ryan/Abbie breakdown over the fact not that they placed last, but rather the first time they *didn't* place first, which ruined their chances of beating the record for number of first-place wins on TAR. Abbie actually started crying then. The hubris and ego in this two is something that we haven't seen in quite some time, and while I admit they got dicked over by not one but two separate plane-change disasters in Frankfurt, they very much deserved to be U-Turned. They are *unquestionably* a stronger team that Josh & Brent, and regardless of whether the Irritating Twins disliked them, they deserved the U-Turn because they're *the* most competitive team, and I'm sure the producers will have some sort of "forced layover" that will get the remaining teams all having to depart somewhere at the same time again. (Btw I'm not normally one to argue the producers have done any "fixing" on the fly, but it was awfully suspicious that -- with Ryan/Abbie and Josh/Brent a full 12-16 hours behind everyone else -- they sent the top three teams to the airport knowing there wouldn't be any AMS flights till morning. How conveeeeeeenient, and it worked at least in part (Josh & Brent are now "only" three or four hours behind).

As for the hottest-TAR-stud this year: NOT Ryan. He has some saving graces, but at the end of the day he's a type-A douche. Trey is the best-looking, no doubtful, but I, too, would have to give Jaymes the hottest all-around prize. He's hot AND has a great personality, as opposed to dumb-as-a-rock Trey (notice that Lexi does 80% of the talking for them?). I was worried Team Chippendales was getting the auf edit at the beginning, but that was apparently done more as foreshadowing of their reasoning for ousting Ryan/Abbie (sorry, but helping Dad with his cancer bills is more important than you yuppie bitches getting the bread).

by Anonymousreply 29111/29/2012

The U-Turns are lame and idiotic.

If the producers want to introduce more excitement and unpredictability into the race, then throw in more luck-based tasks. The scheming and strategizing distract from the spirit of a race.

by Anonymousreply 29211/29/2012

R291: Just because Trey, or anyone else, does not talk much when the cameras are running does not mean they are stupid. He has done well in TAR in all other aspects, especially as part of a team that other teams want to work with.

We really do not know anything about what may be going on in Ryan/Abbie's lives. They have not mentioned anything, but they are not as talkative as the Chippendales. In fact, Ryan/Abbie may need the money more that the Chips.

by Anonymousreply 29311/29/2012

Jaymes and James are definitely the break out stars. Media following on their recent trip to NY. They attended the opening of THE PERFORMERS and walked the red carpet. A few pictures were on the Playbill website. I agree, Jaymes would be a great game show host.

by Anonymousreply 29411/29/2012

[quote]Btw I'm not normally one to argue the producers have done any "fixing" on the fly, but it was awfully suspicious that -- with Ryan/Abbie and Josh/Brent a full 12-16 hours behind everyone else -- they sent the top three teams to the airport knowing there wouldn't be any AMS flights till morning. How conveeeeeeenient, and it worked at least in part (Josh & Brent are now "only" three or four hours behind).

This show is produced within an minute of itself. There is no off the cuff momnets in regards to the schedule. There have always been over night airport layovers because airports are closed at night. They don't get the airports to open or airlines to fly special flights. The producers have no idea if a team misses a flight or a layover delayed or canceled until it happens. Those layovers are planned months ahead not knowing whether a team is twenty four hours or twenty minutes behind.

by Anonymousreply 29511/29/2012

R295, the problem with your logic is that this is the VERY first challenge where we've seen teams depart at 7:30 in the evening. Keep in mind that a) the show long since did away with departures exactly 12 hours after arrival, and b) since we last saw them during daylight hours, that means they must have had LESS than a 12-hour layover, which AFAIK is unprecedented. Obviously the producers can't control the airlines, but they can certainly figure out that stranding the three teams 14 to 16 hours ahead of two other teams overnight will help even the playing field, and it's not too difficult to figure out when the last flight from Moscow to Amsterdam takes off.

by Anonymousreply 29611/29/2012

I would be happy with anyone winning except for the thieving "twinnies".

by Anonymousreply 29711/29/2012

R296-

Are you suggesting that Ryan/Abbie & the Beekmans were treated unfairly, or that the teams that finished 4th or 5th were in for a harder time that the top three?

by Anonymousreply 29811/29/2012

I think the fast forward was very simple. In the past didn't they have to do things like cut their hair or get a tattoo? Not the easy thing of eating some food.

by Anonymousreply 29911/29/2012

They had a fast forward in Germany where the father and daughter had to finish a plate of weiner schnitzel on a ferris wheel before it completed its rotation and I think they had to abandon the challenge because they couldn't do it after two attempts.

by Anonymousreply 30011/29/2012

I think Jaymes should takeover for Ty on Extreme Makeover

by Anonymousreply 30111/30/2012

Interview with Ryan and Abbie from The Hollywood Reporter, talk about The Beekmans, Chippies and Twinnies.

by Anonymousreply 30211/30/2012

Are we agreed that Jaymes is a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 30311/30/2012

No, I think it's the other way around. I think James takes the pounding while Jaymes talks dirty in his ear.

by Anonymousreply 30411/30/2012

From r302's link, Ryan on the Beekmans:

[quote]Ryan: If not us -- and it's clearly not -- then it has to be them. We would feel a sense of accomplishment if the won, in a way, because we spent so much time giving them ideas and strategy. Maybe then can use some of that info to help them get to the front of the pack and win. It would feel like a victory for us, in a way.

Hahaha! *How* many times did Ryan flunk his time zone test? And wasn't he the only racer who couldn't vault over the stream? Nice to see that didn't affect his ego.

by Anonymousreply 30511/30/2012

When the Chippendales resorted to going shirtless to raise the money on their challenge, Jaymes remarks that "there are a lot of dudes coming up with the money" like he was not getting they might be gay. It was the first time I thought maybe he's really straight.

by Anonymousreply 30611/30/2012

If he wants to pretend to be straight R306 then he shouldn't do interviews like the one In Qvegas where he says:

"I hope to be able to take advantage of a platform so that my fourteen-year-old self that was sitting in Chesterfield County, Virginia, might find some hope. The fourteen year old that had no one to look up to; whose mama told him he better not be gay; whose church told him he was going to hell; whose best friend killed himself because he didn’t “fit in.” Because he didn’t have any hope. I thought for so long you had to cover up who you were to be successful. I’ve realized you can be more successful by being yourself."

by Anonymousreply 30712/01/2012

I had not read that article in Qvegas. His comment in Amsterdam (of all places) was strange. Other than the possibility that Jaymes might kiss Trey during the show, it's the best evidence about his sexuality.

Ryan makes a lot of ridulous comments in that linked interview, all having to do with how great he is in real live and on TAR.

by Anonymousreply 30812/01/2012

R306, there were a lot of dudes coming up with the money. So what's your point? I guess no matter how much someone tries to represent themselves truthfully and forthrightly, there are people like you for whom it is never good enough. You see what you want to see. I can just imagine how dignified you are about your sexual orientation in the work place.

by Anonymousreply 30912/01/2012

I think Jaymes meant that in a *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* kind of way.

I was ready to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt (even though Dr. Phil says not to do that), but in that article he comes across as an even bigger bitter Betty. Now say THAT five times...

by Anonymousreply 31012/01/2012

'I think Jaymes meant that in a *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* kind of way.'

Excellent comment. But to be fair, James and Jaymes say so much in each episode, I am having more and more difficulty figuring out who they really are as people, or who they are trying to be on The Amazing Race.

by Anonymousreply 31112/01/2012

I just finished watching. I was wondering why the comments kept coming on this thread regarding this episode - it was a good one. Ryan and Abbie were just losing, losing, losing throughout the whole show, they never caught a break - I don't care, I wasn't a fan, but that was really odd. They would've DEFINITELY U-turned J&J. I liked the twins on this episode, they usually irritate me. Amsterdam was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 31212/02/2012

i'm confused I thought it was confirmed that Jaymes is a gay?

by Anonymousreply 31312/02/2012

*sigh*

He is, R313.

by Anonymousreply 31412/02/2012

He's just not gay enough for some people who require gay people to walk around with billboards on their heads and flashing lights that say, "I'M GAY! I'M GAY!"

by Anonymousreply 31512/02/2012

Or, R315, it's the same fangurls who go on threads like the Luke MacFarlane one claiming he's straight. Or at the very least they'll admit he's bisexual because the interview where he comes out is inconclusive (to them), so it only makes sense that a good looking guy who says he's gay is actually bisexual, but leaning straight.

by Anonymousreply 31612/02/2012

R311 James hardly ever says a word. Jaymes is the motormouth, although I do like him.

by Anonymousreply 31712/02/2012

Tonight's episode is titled, "Not a Well-Rounded Athlete." That seems to point to Trey and Lexi.

Also could we give the question about Jaymes's sexuality a rest. There is no question that he's gay, so can we move on.

by Anonymousreply 31812/02/2012

[quote]I think the fast forward was very simple. In the past didn't they have to do things like cut their hair or get a tattoo? Not the easy thing of eating some food.

I seem to remember another fairly simple "Fast forward" task in Australia where the team needed to eat a meat pie; and one in Switzerland, where the team needed to eat cheese.

by Anonymousreply 31912/02/2012

Starting around 8:40 on East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 32012/02/2012

Pizza in Missouri!

by Anonymousreply 32112/02/2012

Season finale will have four couples in the end. In the past, it's been three, right?

by Anonymousreply 32212/02/2012

No Joshipoo, you're soooooo unlikely to win, but you're still cuties.

by Anonymousreply 32312/02/2012

So we have the Beekman Boys. Which one do you think is the top? I would guess the shorter one.

by Anonymousreply 32412/02/2012

I wish Race had a live reunion show like Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 32512/02/2012

Not a fan of the goat farmers.

by Anonymousreply 32612/02/2012

Man, the taller Beekman put on a proper Camille act on that tennis court! Fetch me my smelling salts!

This has been an entertaining season.

by Anonymousreply 32712/02/2012

[quote]Sounds like Monica Seles out on the court.

I laughed out loud.

by Anonymousreply 32812/02/2012

Damn, I thought (hoped?) karma was gonna get the twinnies.

The Beekmans sure lucked out.

I so want Jaymes and James to win at this point. I'm guessing it'll be Lexi and Trey, though.

by Anonymousreply 32912/02/2012

If you had a bad ankle, why would you do the tennis challenge.

by Anonymousreply 33012/02/2012

I can't put pressure on my ankle as he's sitting on the ground. What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 33112/02/2012

OMG send the Goat nerds home. I'm pro-bullying after watching those two.

by Anonymousreply 33212/02/2012

EW mentioned there are four couples in the finale next Sunday.. so another non elim?

by Anonymousreply 33312/02/2012

Poor us.. poor us.. we lost our jobs.. ready for them to go.

by Anonymousreply 33412/02/2012

Interesting that Jaymes keeps asking for donations on his twitter for his dad who has cancer. Makes me think he didn't win the million.

by Anonymousreply 33512/02/2012

Not a hater of the Beckman guys but seriously having a Hurt ankle then doing the tennis challenge. You go home for being STUPID

by Anonymousreply 33612/02/2012

Maybe so, R335.

by Anonymousreply 33712/02/2012

Blood and Sand!!

by Anonymousreply 33812/02/2012

[quote]I wish Race had a live reunion show like Survivor.

It's called Tarcon...next Sunday in NYC at Houndstooth.

by Anonymousreply 33912/02/2012

That could also be misdirection R335?

by Anonymousreply 34012/02/2012

Tonight's a non-elimination isn't it? Don't they always do that 2 weeks before the final show?

by Anonymousreply 34112/02/2012

r340, He doesn't seem douche enough to use his dad, who has cancer, for misdirection.

by Anonymousreply 34212/02/2012

This is the penultimate episode.

by Anonymousreply 34312/02/2012

Phil did not tell team number one nor team number two that they were in the final so it is a non-elim.

by Anonymousreply 34412/02/2012

So the twinnies better finish up and get out of there.

by Anonymousreply 34512/02/2012

r340 - Maybe. But if it is, it's kind of a sleazy one.

Phil announced there will be a TAR Canada to air this summer. It sounds the opposite of amazing though - Canadians racing in Canada. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 34612/02/2012

Told you bitches!

by Anonymousreply 34712/02/2012

R342 I don't think he's a douche but if he asked for donations before, he might have kept asking so as not to blow the ending (but donate the money to a cancer charity.)

by Anonymousreply 34812/02/2012

R346 - what makes you think they'll be racing in Canada only?

by Anonymousreply 34912/02/2012

I don't care for the twinnies but I do respect them not crying and whining coming in last unlike Abbi and Ryan( since they didn't know it was a non elim round).

by Anonymousreply 35012/02/2012

TAR Australia goes all over the world including Cuba. Phil is not on it but other than that it is the same format.

by Anonymousreply 35112/02/2012

I think its Trey and lexi who win. The teaser wants you to think the Beekmans have a chance but i think it's 1.Trey and Lexi 2.Jaymes and james 3. The brown twins 4. Goat wimps.

by Anonymousreply 35212/02/2012

This was fun. The twins are hilarious. The Chips are hilarious. The Beekman's are funny. Fun.

by Anonymousreply 35312/02/2012

Props to the twinnies for owning their awful performance and not blaming anyone else. They were kinda funny about it. I'm guessing they figured it was a non-elimination leg since that is the usual pattern before picking the final 3.

by Anonymousreply 35412/02/2012

r349 - It's in the press release:

[quote]CTV says the Canuck version will be entirely set in Canada, with competitors racing through various destinations across the country.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 35512/02/2012

Well that sucks, R355. Let me guess - scale the CN Tower? Drive through Saskatchewan without falling asleep?

by Anonymousreply 35612/02/2012

The Twins are the most hated team on the AR facebook page. People are complaining about the fact they're thieves, using gay slurs and calling the Beekman's gimpy.

Of course on here in DL land there's nothing but love for the awful Twinnies. Funny how the gay teams are always the ones people are rooting against on here.

I will agree though that the only thing Josh needed to complete the tennis picture was some smelling salts. Glad to see they made it through and are showing a little bit of competitive spirit now.

by Anonymousreply 35712/02/2012

Can't be as bad as that Family Edition that never left the US.

by Anonymousreply 35812/02/2012

[quote]Funny how the gay teams are always the ones people are rooting against on here.

Lot of love for the Chips including/especially the gay one.

by Anonymousreply 35912/02/2012

I'd say there's a mixed reaction to both the twins and the Beeks, here, bleater @ R357.

I like both teams, myself, and don't really care what TAR's facebook page says.

by Anonymousreply 36012/02/2012

r356 - It'll be worse than that as they contrive 'local traditions' in various regions.

by Anonymousreply 36112/02/2012

Blushing, the Beekman's were so deliciously handsome in their windmill repair uniforms. I wish the Chippendale's had finished first. Both of them appear to have shoulder scars where a previous tattoo has been removed. I can't help wondering what that's about? It sucks that Lexi severely injured her hand and the boyfriend didn't even offer his headband for a bandage and none of the bullfighters offered her any assistance.

by Anonymousreply 36212/02/2012

Canadian can't be worse than the US Family Edition that never left the US.

by Anonymousreply 36312/02/2012

You can't keep a Beekman Boy down! I'm so happy the Beekmans are back in the race. Brent was really funny this episode. During the tennis challenge he said Josh sounded like Monica Seles. LOL When they were talking about Josh's injured ankle at the airport Brent said he should do lamaze breathing. Josh stared at him. LOL Great job to Josh for finishing the tennis challenge.

I think Trey and Lexi are going to win. I hope not but I am preparing myself for that outcome. Jaymes and James are idiots at directions. This whole race they have squandered so much time driving around. They could win but they would have to be great at driving in the final leg.

by Anonymousreply 36412/02/2012

Disappointed Rafa wasn't the greeter at the pit stop. I mean, it's not like he's doing anything else these days.

by Anonymousreply 36512/02/2012

I don't get what the greeter was supposed to represent. Did I miss an explanation as to why she was dressed like that?

I loved seeing Brent imitating the Lamaze breathing method for Josh and Josh just staring at him like he had come undone. Perfect reaction.

Find the devil men and get a clue. Find the musicians in the cave and get a clue. Talk about challenging!

by Anonymousreply 36612/02/2012

Not only was it not challenging R366, they even had time for a swim & frolicking at the beach. I don't think I've ever seen that on any AR episode before.

by Anonymousreply 36712/02/2012

It was fun though. Getting to see them having fun together was nice. Not the usual stressful pace.

by Anonymousreply 36812/02/2012

My partner and I nearly fell off our chairs when it was revealed that Beekman Josh is only 42 years old. Honey, if he's 42, I'm a zygote.

by Anonymousreply 36912/02/2012

Well it's not like he looks old and wrinkly R369. I find them frustrating on the show sometimes like when Josh chose to do that tennis challenge knowing full well that he had an ankle injury. It seems like that was all unnecessary drama and posing.

Still, I find the personal insults about their physical appearance stupid and petty. They're not on some Beauty Queen show so who cares. Plus they seem like attractive enough people to me. And I always want to say-show a link to your hot ass picture then so we can judge you.

by Anonymousreply 37012/02/2012

I hope Trey and Lexi do win next week.

They have played TAR with a minimum of drama, and they seem like fairly nice people. In fact, Trey and Lexi could give No Drama Obama lessons on staying cool under pressure.

"Funny how the gay teams are always the ones people are rooting against on here."

Despite the tennis mash up, they finally showed why they deserve to be in the final.

But, it would be a miracle if the Beekmans win, especially against James & Jaymes and Trey & Lexi.

by Anonymousreply 37112/03/2012

Unclench granny R370. facts is facts-he looks older than 42.

by Anonymousreply 37212/03/2012

Next week is two hours. One team will be eliminated at the end of the first hour, and then the remaining three teams will race for the million in the final hour.

The Family Edition left the US to go to Central America.

by Anonymousreply 37312/03/2012

Lexi was another drama queen this week - that was a pretty small finger cut to merit all that weeping.

by Anonymousreply 37412/03/2012

r358 and r363 (same person?)

The Family Edition did leave the U.S. Most of the season was spent visiting domestic locales, but Panama, Costa Rica, and Montreal are all outside the U.S borders.

by Anonymousreply 37512/03/2012

The preview indicated what many people suspect: that the final challenge will have something to do with the "hello" and "goodbye" that each greeter said in his/her native language. If that's the case, and assuming they make the final three and are not too far behind, the Beekmans might actually win, since they are more worldly and better educated than any of the other three teams. That said, I'm rooting for the Chippies.

by Anonymousreply 37612/03/2012

R357, I haven't seen a lot of TWINNIEEEEEE worship around here. They have been slightly less annoying for the past two weeks but other than that they have been obnoxious. Oh, and they're thieves.

There is a lot of love here for Jaymes and James and rightly so - they've been a really fun team. Did you forget that they are gay?

There's some love on the DL for Josh and Brent. It's not as much as they seem to think they deserve, but it's love just the same.

There's more love here for Lexi and Whatshisname than I would have expected. They're just a typical straight, young couple. Not as annoying as the Super-Entitled Straight Couple who went home, but still - meh.

Jaymes and James for the win.

by Anonymousreply 37712/03/2012

I actually would be happy to see any of the final four win this thing, and I can't remember the last time I've ever said that about TAR.

by Anonymousreply 37812/03/2012

Rooting for Jaymes and James. Although I would not be sad if Trey and Lexi won.

by Anonymousreply 37912/03/2012

Why isn't there room on The Amazing Race for a typical straight, young couple like Lexi and Whatshisname [Trey]? They may not be super interesting people, but Lexi and Trey have played well. Isn't playing well almost as interesting as the comical antics of the other teams?

The Texans are the youngest couple, but, it diffult to image them acting out in the why the Beekmans do in almost every episode. And the Beekmans are about 20 years older.

by Anonymousreply 38012/03/2012

Who's saying their isn't room for them, R380? By my estimation, there's more negative talk about the Beekmans.

by Anonymousreply 38112/03/2012

**there, not their

by Anonymousreply 38212/03/2012

"Who's saying their isn't room for them.."

Yes, I exaggerated. But, I ask to read R377's comments.

by Anonymousreply 38312/03/2012

[quote]If you had a bad ankle, why would you do the tennis challenge

Teams have to alternate on the Road Blocks, and it was Josh's turn.

by Anonymousreply 38412/03/2012

Well that's not necessarily a slam against them, R383. According to some people, they're forgettable. Personally, I don't mind them - I like to see young people who aren't 'Jersey Shore' - wholesomeness is a lost virtue, for some reason. You don't often see young people portrayed on TV the way you do Trey and Lexi. And I would rather see them win over the twinnies, even though I enjoy watching the twinnies more.

by Anonymousreply 38512/03/2012

The reason Lexi & Trey are such a refreshing change is that the usual straight couple on TAR is a bimbo and a douchebag, and they yell at each other a lot, and we have to see their dysfunctional relationship up close until they get off our screens. Sometimes it's a harpy and a nice guy, or a near-abusive bully and his emotional punching bag, but dating couples aren't usually represented well.

Lexi & Trey are fun to watch, and look like they might have a shot at a long-term relationship. Long may they wave.

by Anonymousreply 38612/03/2012

So it turns out that the greeter is a well known street performer who goes by the name of "The Invisible Man."

by Anonymousreply 38712/03/2012

R384, I don't think that's exactly correct.

by Anonymousreply 38812/03/2012

God, I hope the "twinnies" get philiminated!!!

by Anonymousreply 38912/03/2012

I'm rooting for Trey-and not just because of those pepperoni-sized nipples. He is sweet-natured, humble, and very physically adept. And he had pepperoni-sized nipples.

by Anonymousreply 39012/03/2012

Twinnies! First to Worst!!!!

by Anonymousreply 39112/03/2012

Agreed with R386. I'm surprised at all the love here for Trey & Lexi, considering they're Texans. Don't get me wrong: *I* love them, but just didn't expect you bitches to be, given your all-around loathing for anything the state has produced. Maybe, just maybe you've learned a lesson about stereotyping? In my experience as a native Texan, there are MANY more people here like Trey and Lexi (who are only a few years younger than I am) than the stereotype of the frothing-at-the-mouth freeper so many DLers like to picture as some sort of evil Texan boogeyman.

Anyway ... I was disappointed that this was a non-elimination round, but I should've remembered TAR always does that with the final four. I still doubt the Beekman Boys will win, and I don't what the FUCK Josh was thinking taking on a tennis challenge with a bum ankle (even if it was feeling better on the ride over), but you never know. There are always mind challenges in the final rounds, and in the preview it looked like Lexi got bonked in the head (literally) with a piece of a challenge of that nature. Incidentally, she did NOT suffer a "major injury" during the bull challenge - she pulled a fucking hangnail! I felt much worse for the ankle injuries James and Josh have sustained in recent episodes.

I still HATE the Twinnies and hope they're eliminated next, but it looks pretty clear from the previews that all four teams end up together shortly into the next episode, so who knows what'll happen. My money remains on Trey and Lexi, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Chippendales surprised with a win -- or, for that matter, the Beekmans, since as Josh noted it *has* been done before (I forget which season, but there's been at least one that was won by a team that didn't win a single challenge - I recall it because a number of you bitches were outraged over it). And it's not uncommon AT ALL for teams to get royally fucked over at the very end, particularly by cabbies who take them to the wrong place or if they miss an essential flight.

As for the upcoming all-Canada TAR - does that country just have some sort of long-ongoing identity crisis? It seems almost like they have a massive inferiority complex vs the U.S. and want to announced to the world "Hey! We have big cities and European-style culture and awesome skiing, too!" (Though you'd think holding the fucking *Olympics* in Vancouver would've gotten them over than hump.) I still remember reading the rules that have driven away a lot of foreign film production, along with the strong Canadian dollar, like a requirement that something like 85% of all cast and crew be native Canadians.

by Anonymousreply 39212/04/2012

[quote]Teams have to alternate on the Road Blocks, and it was Josh's turn.

That's not exactly correct, r384 (as r388 indicated). Alternating Road Blocks is not a rule. However they do have to divide those challenges up in such a way that by the end of the race (for teams that make it) each team member has to have completed the same amount - 5 or 6 each, whatever it works out to be.

So switching off can be a good way to keep track of it and not get stuck in a situation where one player is forced to do the last 3 because their partner has already done theirs, but it's not required.

If I remember correctly that requirement didn't exist back at the very beginning of the series, but it was added in one of the early seasons.

by Anonymousreply 39312/04/2012

[quote]Maybe, just maybe you've learned a lesson about stereotyping?

No, Texas is still a shithole. You know it, too.

by Anonymousreply 39412/04/2012

Trey has a great body but he looks too much like Jamie Kennedy for me to find him attractive. He and Lexi are mostly likeable, though she turned me off early in the season when she made some comment about getting a ring on her finger by the end of the race. I find that mentality in women extremely obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 39512/04/2012

Best thing about Trey is his arm pits...woof

by Anonymousreply 39612/04/2012

[quote]As for the upcoming all-Canada TAR - does that country just have some sort of long-ongoing identity crisis? It seems almost like they have a massive inferiority complex vs the U.S.

R392 needs to learn a lesson on stereotyping.

by Anonymousreply 39712/04/2012

No doubt, R397.

by Anonymousreply 39812/04/2012

[quote] I still remember reading the rules that have driven away a lot of foreign film production

Oh, R392, just... I don't like to see posters get dumped on for idiocy, but please, please stop.

by Anonymousreply 39912/04/2012

While I know this isn't the thread in which to have this discussion, R392 has clearly not travelled widely. Canadians have no "inferiority complex" relative to the US, because they and everyone who has ever visited knows Canadians enjoy a superior quality of life in almost every respect.

by Anonymousreply 40012/04/2012

I guess people think of Texas as the land of the Bush family & those further to the right.

But, Lyndon Johnson was also from Austin, like Trey and Lexi. During his first few years in the White House, he convinced Congress to pass more progressive legislation than any president other than Franklin Roosevelt.

To be fair, LBJ was so unpopular in the south that he barely campaigned there during the 1964 presidential election...he won in every other part of the country in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 40112/04/2012

I imagine Canada does have a bit of an inferiority complex. Canada vs US is like the difference between being pretty & nice (boring?) and being hot & flashy (exciting?).

For a brief moment in my childhood we moved from living in the US (NY) to live in Canada(Toronto suburb) and the contrast couldn't have been more stark. Although it was definitely cleaner with a nice subway system(I was in NY in the time of excessive graffiti & filthy streets) the utter blandness, less color & diversity drove me crazy. Couldn't wait to get back to the US.

But in hindsight I should have appreciated Canada more. It definitely has its charm.

by Anonymousreply 40212/04/2012

I actually hate Trey and Lexi more for taking part of the money than I do the twins for stealing it. They haven't caught a fourth of the crap that the twins have for their actions. Unfortunately, I'd be surprised if Trey and Lexi don't win.

On the plus side, The Beekman's earnestly tweeted on behalf of th twins, assuring fans that they are completely behind lgbt equality and don't have a homophobic bone in their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 40312/04/2012

[quote]less color & diversity

Boy, has Toronto changed since then!

by Anonymousreply 40412/04/2012

The Beekmans need to stop being apologists. These are the same twins that said: "I know they're super prepared...they're gay" and called them the gimpy gays which sounds to me like they're at least willing participants in gay stereotyping.

I can't get into Trey and Lexi at all. They're not interesting and represent the same team that wins this challenge almost every year on AR, the young whitebread couple. The reason this happens is AR usually have several of these types so that if one falls out they've got backups. AR needs to change it up more.

by Anonymousreply 40512/04/2012

The twins didn't steal anything. Taking found money - whether you know who it belongs to or not - is not against the rules.

by Anonymousreply 40612/04/2012

[quote] "I know they're super prepared...they're gay" and called them the gimpy gays which sounds to me like they're at least willing participants in gay stereotyping.

It's called a joke. And did you not see Josh gimping about?

by Anonymousreply 40712/04/2012

Really R406 and R407 stop defending those thieves. If you accidentally left your i phone on the desk is it OK for the person who found it to use it? How about your car keys--is that an open invitation for the person who found it to now keep your car? If someone accidentally left their wallet--is that OK for you to keep it because you FOUND it. All those things would get you arrested as thieves. All those things makes you a thief.

So finding an American 100 bill in a foreign country when you're perfectly aware that Americans were standing next to you, so you know it probably belonged to them, and then keeping it while tittering like hyenas about it, makes them thieves.

by Anonymousreply 40812/04/2012

[quote]So finding an American 100 bill in a foreign country when you're perfectly aware that Americans were standing next to you,

We're talking about a game, not real life, so I will ignore your first paragraph.

It's a race. Taking dropped money is not much different from taking somebody else's cab or canceling another team's taxi. Is it dirty? Yes. Within the rules of the game? Totally.

by Anonymousreply 40912/04/2012

Love the Race, but I still don't think it's right to play dirty as defined by R409.

The Twins are amusing but the money thing cost them my respect.

Trey and Lexie will probably win--they fit the template. Though I do wish James and Jaymes would.

by Anonymousreply 41012/04/2012

The twins are hated for being thieves not for their race. Many other Sri Lankans are totally embarrassed by them.

And I've watched AR for years R409 and at no time was it ever allowed to take someone else's property. In fact, anytime a contestant have deliberately impeded the progress of another contest(like with the bicycle challenge) they've always had a penalty.

AR also heavily advertised their episode as the FIRST time any contestant have ever STOLEN from another. That was their words not mine. When they had all the backlash from this, then they came out with their mealy mouthed excuse, just like yours, that it was not a theft, a game etc.

And what I found particularly abhorrent was the spectacle of wealthy Americans begging for money in one of the poorest countries in the world. That's what their decision to allow Survivor type games resulted in and it was sickening and considering how they've tried to downplay the incident I doubt very much they'll allow this again.

by Anonymousreply 41212/04/2012

[quote]Canadians have no "inferiority complex" relative to the US, because they and everyone who has ever visited knows Canadians enjoy a superior quality of life in almost every respect.

Well, except for the small fact that it's a fucking TUNDRA in the winter. Okay, maybe not coastal B.C.; it's merely frigid and enjoys non-stop rain five months a year.

by Anonymousreply 41312/04/2012

I don't hate the twins - they are the most entertaining team since Charla and Mirna!

by Anonymousreply 41412/04/2012

R414 beats off to pictures of braying mules.

by Anonymousreply 41512/04/2012

Is that what your American textbooks tell you, R413?

by Anonymousreply 41612/04/2012

"Aye, TWEEEEEEENIE! Do you see dat poh-ztuh at R409 sayin all dat stuff boot us? Eez so weird!"

"Oh, weirdo!"

"Eez like, 'Tey stole de moneyz' en I'm all like, 'We FOUUUUND de moneyz, no?' En somone else all upset becasue we call de gays de gimpy gays? Weirdo!"

"NADALIE!"

"TWEEEENIE!"

"Jus' go, NADALIE! Jus' go!"

by Anonymousreply 41712/05/2012

Jaymes in flip flops at the beach!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41812/05/2012

Go Chippies!

by Anonymousreply 41912/05/2012

R411 - they're both white and ethnic?!

by Anonymousreply 42012/05/2012

I think the twins referred to the Beekmans as the "gimpy guys" not "gays".

by Anonymousreply 42112/05/2012

You're wrong, r421. They made several comments about the Beekmans being gay, including that they should know how to read a map because they were "gays."

by Anonymousreply 42212/05/2012

The Beekman grannies are under contract and are not allowed to disparage TAR in any way. You cannot get on any reality show today without signing a highly vetted and very binding contract regulating all future references you make to the show and the contestants (and that includes the faux reality shows on HGTV). They all have the same requirements now.

by Anonymousreply 42312/05/2012

Any pics of Jaymes in flip flops?

by Anonymousreply 42412/06/2012

'The Amazing Race' finale: Host Phil Keoghan promises 'insane, terrifying, all out-sprint to the finish line'

by Anonymousreply 42512/07/2012

An "all out sprint" means no Beekman Boys.

by Anonymousreply 42612/07/2012

Does Brent post on DL, too?

by Anonymousreply 42712/07/2012

2-hour finale 2nite!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42812/09/2012

[quote]Canadians have no "inferiority complex" relative to the US

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

No, seriously. You're hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 42912/09/2012

I just know that Gisele has big dinner plans for tonight's two hour finale.

by Anonymousreply 43012/09/2012

I'm not home right now - any chance this is going to be delayed tonight, DLers?

by Anonymousreply 43112/09/2012

No delay. No game today

by Anonymousreply 43212/09/2012

Maybe the goat farmers will be the next eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 43312/09/2012

All the laughter all the tears ... on tonite's SEASON FINAL of "The Amazeing Race"!!

Will Jethro and Patty Simcox leap ahead?

Will Jaymes and James finally encounter Jaimes and Jammes?

Will Josh and Brent win with a goat-milking challenge?

I want to see Jaymes' feets.

I want to see Jethro's pancake nipples.

I want to see dinasours.

Who do we HATE? Who will pack their bags and be sent home TONITE?

Offeatershen!!!

by Anonymousreply 43412/09/2012

And the racearoundtheworld starts its penultimate episode this season!

by Anonymousreply 43512/09/2012

Tommy has been home all day cooking for tonight, for me and my new daughter Vivian Lake!

I want the Chippies to win.

by Anonymousreply 43612/09/2012

"Josh just starts SPITTIN' French!"

by Anonymousreply 43712/09/2012

The twins are cunts. You can't coast through a race you fucking idiot. I don't care who wins so just want those homophobic bitches to lose.

by Anonymousreply 43812/09/2012

God I hate the twins - nasty, loud, uncouth and ugly bitches.

Go Team Datalounge! Love to see Datalounge's own Josh on TV again.

by Anonymousreply 43912/09/2012

I hope the twins can't do the lacing right.

by Anonymousreply 44012/09/2012

Damn, Brent runs gay.

by Anonymousreply 44112/09/2012

God those twins are vicious. The only thing I can say is really Josh and his partner are much more established. Sure a million is always great, but I do see how the others could use the money much much more.

They're not just goat farmers - Josh's partner is a Dr. and Josh has had a pretty good career as well.

by Anonymousreply 44212/09/2012

"evil gays"...ptooi. They are dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 44312/09/2012

Lex and Tex. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 44412/09/2012

The gays bloody beat us.

by Anonymousreply 44512/09/2012

Evil gays, evil gays, evil gays!

I'm actually surprised Josh made it through that meat cutting competition with all his fingers intact.

by Anonymousreply 44612/09/2012

"fun guy" "fungi" Oooooh. BAD!

by Anonymousreply 44712/09/2012

Even if the Twinnies win, they will be tainted as thieves. Everyone I know that loves The Race and liked them, now don't. And now I'm not appreciating the "Oh God The Gays beat us" attitude. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 44812/09/2012

Well there's 1/3 of the final 3!

by Anonymousreply 44912/09/2012

Yay! The Chips came in first!!

by Anonymousreply 45012/09/2012

COME ON JOSH & BRENT!

by Anonymousreply 45112/09/2012

What is with the Beekmans? They get ahead, but then they start dragging their asses. And why are they so bad at directions?

by Anonymousreply 45212/09/2012

James and Jaymes all the way! Or Lexi and Trey! Looks like the farmers may be goners.... good.

by Anonymousreply 45312/09/2012

I want the Chippies to win so badly. Have any of the other teams said what they will do with the money?

by Anonymousreply 45412/09/2012

HA!

by Anonymousreply 45512/09/2012

Jaymes kissing the horse was great.

by Anonymousreply 45612/09/2012

And...Dr. Brent makes a Marie Antoinette joke!

by Anonymousreply 45712/09/2012

Holy Fucking Shit I didn't see that coming!

by Anonymousreply 45812/09/2012

Holy shit! I didn't think the Beekmans would pull it out, but I'm so happy they beat those homophobic twinnies.

by Anonymousreply 45912/09/2012

The Beekman boys couldn't find their way out of a paper bag if it was torn.

Twinnies - karma is a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 46012/09/2012

I don't care who wins now. I can't see the Beekmans winning. I hope its the chippies but am ok with Trey winning.

by Anonymousreply 46112/09/2012

That was great editing for the end of that race. I had no idea who was ahead until the Beekman boys jumped on the mat.

by Anonymousreply 46212/09/2012

Well, let's face it - the Beekmans won't win, but I'm glad they made final 3.

by Anonymousreply 46312/09/2012

The French pit stop lady was gorgeous!

I find myself cheering for all the teams.

by Anonymousreply 46412/09/2012

[quote]Well, let's face it - the Beekmans won't win, but I'm glad they made final 3.

You can't say that, it could all come down to a slow cab or subway ride.

by Anonymousreply 46512/09/2012

That was a fabulous twist of fate - twinnies taken down by the "harmless" gays they'd preserved to oust Abby & Ryan.

Loved the twins complaining about the "evil gays." "We've been the Evil Twins since the beginning!" The Beekmans got a whole lot more entertaining with a little competitive fire in their bellies.

They tipped the ending at the start of the episode though - the clip of the Beekmans at the pitstop "...if we win the million dollars".

by Anonymousreply 46612/09/2012

Well, I guess Jaymes and James will still be running on the beach looking for the clue while the Beekmans and Texas will be battling it out.

by Anonymousreply 46712/09/2012

Or a slow Chippendale, R465.

by Anonymousreply 46812/09/2012

This is usually the intelligence/memory leg - and I'm sorry to say those Chippies won't stand a chance. Not very bright those two - very nice though.

by Anonymousreply 46912/09/2012

Damn. This season continues with the mindblowing tasks.

by Anonymousreply 47012/09/2012

Holy fuck that bungee thing would make me crap my pants.

I'm calling Trey and Lexi for the win.

by Anonymousreply 47112/09/2012

Escape from a straight jacket? Oh man - it's anyone's game now.

by Anonymousreply 47212/09/2012

I love how calm Brent and Josh are. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 47312/09/2012

The Beekmans have a really good chance at this.

by Anonymousreply 47412/09/2012

[quote]I'm calling Trey and Lexi for the win.

How did they not know that's the UN symbol? Lombardi's! My old neighborhood. I would have flown through that one, if I has survived the bungee jump.

by Anonymousreply 47512/09/2012

Here is what I found out at Reality Sucks.com the post also reveals what the teams get for placing second, third, fourth, and so on. The breakdown, according to this post: 1. $1,000,000 2. $25,000 3. $10,000 4. $7,000 5. $6,000 6. $5,000 7. $4,000 8. $3,500 9. $3,000 10.$2,500 11.$1,500

by Anonymousreply 47612/09/2012

Starting to freak out here. The finale always does this to me.

by Anonymousreply 47712/09/2012

The little Beekman is acting like a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 47812/09/2012

Was the bungee drop a surprise? I would have definitely soiled myself if I didn't know that was coming.

by Anonymousreply 47912/09/2012

Lexi needs to stop screeching "BABE" now please.

Dumb mistake by Beekmans.

Sorry that the Chips seem destined for last.

by Anonymousreply 48012/09/2012

I was sure the Chippies fucked up by only reading the "race to the yard" sign and not the other one telling them to use the specific street entrance. I guess it wasn't a factor as long as they got there.

Man, that pizza looked good!

by Anonymousreply 48112/09/2012

Yup, R480, this last challenge matching the sayings to the flags pretty much guarantees the Chips won't win.

by Anonymousreply 48212/09/2012

Brent BE MAD!

by Anonymousreply 48312/09/2012

The last challenge is almost always a memory one...teams need to keep that in mind! (Remember that crunchy hippie couple that ended up winning because they took notes every episode and went over them?)

by Anonymousreply 48412/09/2012

Sad that the Chippendales are coming in last.

by Anonymousreply 48512/09/2012

R477 - I know! This is so fucking suspenseful - as it always is.

by Anonymousreply 48612/09/2012

They used to have a challenge at the end where they have to go to a sports stadium and look for the clue under one of the seats. I do remember the memory challenges. One year someone wrote down everything that they had to remember. Hopefully Lexi will freak out and one of the Beekmans and chippies can win.

by Anonymousreply 48712/09/2012

I hope they can't see each others flags - cuz these dummies will sneak over the smart people.

by Anonymousreply 48812/09/2012

That being said, the hello/goodbye challenge was something of a curve ball.

by Anonymousreply 48912/09/2012

This is going to come down to dumb luck. It's anyone's win.

by Anonymousreply 49012/09/2012

This flag challenge has to be the hardest final thing they've ever done! But it's better that it's a real challenge. Remember when the vapid Freddy & Kendra just had to eat a pizza?

by Anonymousreply 49112/09/2012

BEEKMANS!

by Anonymousreply 49212/09/2012

Imagine getting a taxi driver that doesn't speak english.

by Anonymousreply 49312/09/2012

FUCKIN A!

by Anonymousreply 49412/09/2012

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

by Anonymousreply 49512/09/2012

Lexi whimpering "I just want this so bad" is not one of her more stellar moments. Kinda wish the twins had made it instead. No crying, just "TWINNIE" and "BLOODY HELL!" and "DON'T LET THE EVIL GAYS BEAT YOU!"

by Anonymousreply 49612/09/2012

Shit. I wanted the Chippies.

by Anonymousreply 49712/09/2012

C'mon Chippendales!!!

by Anonymousreply 49812/09/2012

I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW!

by Anonymousreply 49912/09/2012

Holy cow - I'm shocked!! But watching them kiss made me tear up a little.

by Anonymousreply 50012/09/2012

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 50112/09/2012

Yay, Beekmans!

by Anonymousreply 50212/09/2012

Crying as I type!

by Anonymousreply 50312/09/2012

I can't believe the Beekmans finished first once and this was it.

by Anonymousreply 50412/09/2012

The Gays win again.

by Anonymousreply 50512/09/2012

HOLY SHIT! BEEKMANS WIN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 50612/09/2012

Yeah! DATALOUNGE's own "Josh" won!

Way to go Josh!!!

by Anonymousreply 50812/09/2012

WOW! They showed the kiss. They cut the kiss between Reichen and Chip.

by Anonymousreply 50912/09/2012

Yeah! Very happy for them! Seem like such nice guys.

by Anonymousreply 51012/09/2012

Second place still wins money though. Plus, as has been said many times, I'm sure Jaymes will get something out of appearance on the show.

by Anonymousreply 51112/09/2012

CONGRATULATIONS JOSH AND BRENT!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 51212/09/2012

HOLY SHIT! Well done, Josh & Brent - that was the most stellar come-from-behind I've ever seen. And YAY for a big gay kiss on the mat.

The Chippendales were lovely & positive from beginning to end. I hope this opens up opportunities for them.

Trey is a very sweet boyfriend & when Lexi's not crying she's one hell of a racer.

I think this might be the best season yet!

by Anonymousreply 51312/09/2012

Holy. Fucking. SHIT. Congrats to Josh & Brent!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 51412/09/2012

Looks like the Beekman website has either been taken down or has crashed from hits.

by Anonymousreply 51512/09/2012

Did Lexi say "I like Trey's big mushroom head" when she was in the cave?

I swore I heard her say that.

by Anonymousreply 51612/09/2012

Suck it Twinnies.

by Anonymousreply 51712/09/2012

So... highlights and lowlights from this season?

by Anonymousreply 51812/09/2012

I was waiting for Phil to tell James, "I'm sorry to tell you that your father is going to die."

by Anonymousreply 51912/09/2012

Poor Trey...Lexi kind of put him on the spot there. He looked very sheepish listening to her lobbing the ball back to him.

Congrats to the Beekman Boys. Very, very impressive win and the big kiss was the icing on that race. Now, they literally can buy the farm!

by Anonymousreply 52012/09/2012

Beekman's is back up.

by Anonymousreply 52112/09/2012

The Beekman Boys are on the Cooking Channel on Thursday nights at 10:00 EST.

by Anonymousreply 52212/09/2012

Trey left Lexi for Jaymes.

by Anonymousreply 52312/09/2012

Congratulations, Josh!

Good on the win, but you're a piss-poor representation of a DLer--you're way too positive and just not that bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 52412/09/2012

Here is Jaymes singing a club song Vampire. After 2:37 he bites a guys neck and then is sitting on the guy.

by Anonymousreply 52512/09/2012

What did the Monster Trucker say at the end? That meeting Josh & Brent cured his homophobia or some such?

by Anonymousreply 52612/09/2012

Wow, talk about a fairy-tale ending! The evil homophobic cunts get knocked off early, and for the first time in TAR history The Gays take first AND second place! Like apparently everyone else on this thread, and probably like Josh & Brent themselves, I thought they had NO chance, particularly after not winning a single challenge. While I figured out just from the editing in the first hour that the Twinnies were getting the dreaded "auf edit," and Josh/Brent & Jaymes/James had advanced (plus we already saw Lexi getting bonked in the head during the flag challenge), the verrrrrrry clever editors gave the distinct impression for the first half of hour two that Trey & Lexi would win.

Btw I'm counting the minutes until the first Conspiracy-Theory Troll chimes in here to declare that the game was FIXED, DAMMIT, FIXED!! for Josh and Brent thanks to Josh's knowledge of French and the fact that they live in NYC. The only advantage I saw that it gave them was that they weren't stupid enough to ask the cab at Coney Island to wait for them, knowing they could just snag a livery car. *Maybe* it helped them navigate Little Italy, but OTOH all of those addresses were within 2-3 blocks of Lombardi's.

by Anonymousreply 52712/09/2012

R526, he said something about how they taught him not to judge other people's "lifestyles."

by Anonymousreply 52812/09/2012

Ahh - they were updating the site after they won. That was unfortunate timing - not good to have it down during the biggest volume.

by Anonymousreply 52912/09/2012

Here is the story about Jaymes being out.

by Anonymousreply 53012/09/2012

R529, obviously they couldn't post the news BEFORE it aired.

by Anonymousreply 53112/09/2012

The Twins and Trey and Lexi split the stolen money. Karma is a real bitch. Perfect!

by Anonymousreply 53212/09/2012

So...Jaymes for Survivor or Big Brother?

by Anonymousreply 53312/09/2012

James & Jaymes hugging was very sweet and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 53412/09/2012

[quote]James & Jaymes hugging was very sweet and sexy.

...and platonic. Unlike Josh & Brent's hug, I got ZERO vibe from it that they're anything but friends.

by Anonymousreply 53512/09/2012

We have not seen the last of Jaymes.

by Anonymousreply 53612/09/2012

One of the Fraus at Television without Pity is complaining about the Beekman kiss: "I sure didn't need to see the PDA on the mat."

by Anonymousreply 53712/09/2012

Jaymes for "Dancing With The Stars"!

by Anonymousreply 53812/09/2012

I really wanted Trey and Lexi to win, or at least the Chippies.

It still was one of the most thrilling finales ever!

by Anonymousreply 53912/09/2012

Jaymes & James for every show - they're so cute!

by Anonymousreply 54012/09/2012

[quote]One of the Fraus at Television without Pity is complaining about the Beekman kiss: "I sure didn't need to see the PDA on the mat."

I am willing to risk being banned from TWoP -- I never post there anymore anyway -- to respond appropriately to this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 54112/09/2012

I loved James wanting to get his mom a car and then on the mat, saying "I love you mom". Awwwww.

by Anonymousreply 54212/09/2012

Trust me, James will come out soon, like his bf Jaymes.

And congratulations to Josh & Brent. I'm so proud of you both. I admit I was a doubter, but you guys came through!!

by Anonymousreply 54312/09/2012

Link to the page r537.

by Anonymousreply 54412/09/2012

Jaymes Vaughn @JaymesV

WE DIDNT WIN!! But we are so dang proud of the race we ran!!

PLEASE LOG ON AND HELP MY DAD forgetcancernow.com

10:53pm - 9 Dec 12

by Anonymousreply 54512/09/2012

[quote]I am willing to risk being banned from TWoP -- I never post there anymore anyway -- to respond appropriately to this cunt.

Me, too. Send me over there...

by Anonymousreply 54612/09/2012

Very happy for Josh and Brent.

I've seen lots of Twitter complaints about the kiss, or even just that gay guys won. If you search #AmazingRace, you won't have to look far to find negative comments. Maybe 2/3 comments are positive, and the other third is mostly just people who were cheering for other teams, and then a contingent that's just straight-up homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 54712/09/2012

You know, that site is dodgy. I don't get why Jaymes is shaking down the general public for an unspecified amount of money. It makes me give him a side-eye.

by Anonymousreply 54812/09/2012

Here's the link to the complaining Frau for R544 and R546. (Other posters are responding to her, in favour of the kiss.)

by Anonymousreply 54912/09/2012

^ The poster is LadyEight.

by Anonymousreply 55012/09/2012

Well, I just posted as well. I expect I'll get warned, but I'm glad I said what I did.

by Anonymousreply 55212/09/2012

I just did, too.

by Anonymousreply 55312/09/2012

Found it r550. Well LadyEight got called out more than half a dozen times, so good.

by Anonymousreply 55512/09/2012

Best finale ever - so glad got Brent and DL's own Josh. I wanted them to win from the beginning, but did not think they had a snowballs chance in hell. Going into tonight I just wanted anyone but the Twinnies - this is better than I could have imagined.

Congratulations guys!

by Anonymousreply 55612/09/2012

I disliked Josh's and Brent's intense self obsession from the first episode to the first hour tonight.

But, they showed a lot when it really counted & deserved the win. So much congratulations to the Beekmans.

by Anonymousreply 55712/09/2012

Beekmans = Annoying and weak

Twinnies = Annoying and strong

by Anonymousreply 55812/10/2012

r558 - Apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 55912/10/2012

Ugh - I'm so sick and tired of equating big mouths with being strong. It's not strong, that's why they have to scream and get in people's faces.

The twinnies are trash.

by Anonymousreply 56012/10/2012

Josh and Brent would have never been my choice to win. In fact, I strongly disliked Brent's self obsession until the last few episodes.

But, they showed me something tonight, and more than deserve to win. So much congratulations, especially to Josh!

by Anonymousreply 56212/10/2012

The twins were horrible. Defining Josh and Brent as the "gays" as though that was the sum total of who they were. I never heard them refer to them by name. Like being beaten by the gays was the worst form of putdown. How would they like to be referred to exclusively as the cunts.

by Anonymousreply 56312/10/2012

[quote]Escape from a straight jacket?

It's STRAITJACKET, dear. Don't you even watch my movies?

by Anonymousreply 56512/10/2012

I felt sad for Jaymes. I want to comfort him.

by Anonymousreply 56612/10/2012

R566 The line starts BEHIND me.

by Anonymousreply 56712/10/2012

All of you eldergays getting ruffled over the twins clearly weren't watching the show.

It's pretty clear they're just loudmouths who were there to have a good time. Yeah, they trash talked, but I don't think that means they're homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 56812/10/2012

Has there ever been a team who has won the race without ever coming in first?

by Anonymousreply 56912/10/2012

Just finished watching the finale and I'm SO happy that Josh and Brent won, it seemed like they were always at the back of the pack and barely surviving - I never thought they'd be one of the final three - but they kept going and going. I wouldn't have minded seeing the Chippendales win either (I hope they can be on an All-Stars ep), but I'm glad it wasn't Trey and Lexi (ANOTHER generic hetero team winning would be a BORE). I thought Lexi would figure the flags out but she had a serious meltdown and then I knew it was over.

I was indifferent about the twins but they were being pretty obnoxious and nasty towards Josh and Brent during the first episode and after that I was definitely ready to see them eliminated, but at least they looked like they were being good sports when they saw who actually won.

Anyway, BIG CONGRATS to Josh and Brent, it's been a long time that I've been really happy with the winning team on TAR.

by Anonymousreply 57012/10/2012

On TWOP they kept saying The Beekmans didn't deserve it or weak runners. Hello, they were twelve hours behind at one point. Runners have missed flights and been knocked out for less. They didn't finish one Roadblock because one couldn't swim and the pool was closing. I don't remember a time in any race where a team was thrown out of a venue before they finished. So they got a penalty and still survived. They nailed Russia and caught up. They didn't steal, they weren't robbed, they didn't trash talk, they just kept going. I think the finale was the best in all of the series and I've watched every frame of every show. This is what makes The Race exciting. Not watching one team winning every week until the end.

by Anonymousreply 57112/10/2012

the cunts at TWOP think they didn't deserve to win because they're gay

by Anonymousreply 57212/10/2012

Yes, "weak"=dog whistle for "gay."

and

[quote]Has there ever been a team who has won the race without ever coming in first?

Yes, Kisha and Jen in All-Stars, and one other team...can't remember which.

by Anonymousreply 57312/10/2012

...Eric and Danielle were the other team that won without winning a leg before the last one.

by Anonymousreply 57412/10/2012

Even though I loved that the Beekman boys won, I have to admit that they were the worst runners ever. Every time they did well in something, they would get lost on the way to the next stop, or mess up a challenge like the Pizza thing. Has any team ever lost more time driving between challenges? The one time they did a perfect leg, they were so far behind it didn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 57512/10/2012

From their blog: "What are we going to do with the winnings? Well, first, we’re going to pay off the mortgage on our farm so that we can live together full-time again after 5 years apart. Next, we’re going to invest in a building on Sharon Springs Main Street that will become the new home of Beekman 1802. And finally we’ll be launching a new line of food products named after a 1929 Heirloom Tomato – “The Mortgage Lifter.” 25% of its profits will help other small American farmers pay off their debts."

And gingerbread cookies decorated to look like the other teams. Awww.

by Anonymousreply 57612/10/2012

The Beekmans just sent out emails with thank-you notes in the form of gingerbread cookies decorated to resemble their TAR competitors. Each was accompanied by generous descriptions of the other teams. I wasn't crazy about them either, but this was very classy.

by Anonymousreply 57712/10/2012

I agree with R575. I am not surprised that Trey and Lexi got the piazza thing right the first time. The Texans and James & Jaymes played a much, much better over-all race than Brent and Josh.

And despite all the congratulations in the last 12 hours, many people here were critical of the Beekmans for both their personalities and game play. But, the Beekmans won at the end. So either the people who called them the Beekman Grannies (and other names) are not posting, or have joined in the congratulations. I suspect it's the former, not the latter.

by Anonymousreply 57812/10/2012

They won fair and square.

They lay it down on the line when it counted.

Remember the name of the game is to not come in last in any leg (except non-elimination) and come first in the last leg.

And they did that.

by Anonymousreply 57912/10/2012

[quote]Remember the name of the game is to not come in last in any leg (except non-elimination) and come first in the last leg.

YOU COST ME $2 MILLION!

by Anonymousreply 58012/10/2012

Kudos to Brent for keeping it together while dangling from the bungee cord.

by Anonymousreply 58112/10/2012

Here's a clip of them crossing the finish line, w/kiss.

by Anonymousreply 58212/10/2012

Sorry R583 I believe you are wrong about that. Many people here likely never heard of the Beekmans before TAR. They are far less famous than you think, although I do understand why their fans would think otherwise.

I am gay, and it's annoying to read the implication that gay people hold on to grudges forever. I certainly do not, and knew few others who do either.

by Anonymousreply 58412/10/2012

I have watched the show since the beginning and I can honestly say that this was by far the best edition of the series yet. Just seeing the Beekmans finally put the game face on and win, even when it looked like it was extremely unlikely, reminds me that the show can actually have people win the race by actually doing it and not by forging "alliances" and "strategizing".

by Anonymousreply 58612/10/2012

R586 "deserts," not "desserts." (Comes from the same root as "deserve."

I don't want to play amateur psychologist, but I found the Beekmans' relationship fairly dysfunctional. Brent is really verbally abusive to Josh. Josh seems like he's got an inferiority complex and puts up with it because Brent is a handsome doctor and is afraid of losing him. I've never seen their reality show and wasn't familiar with them prior to TAR, so I'm basing my opinion solely on the way the editors portrayed them there.

by Anonymousreply 58712/10/2012

Loved the gingerbread teams. The Beekmans had high praise for Jaymes and James.

by Anonymousreply 58812/10/2012

The Beekmans had high praise for everybody. Classy guys!

by Anonymousreply 58912/10/2012

[quote]Interesting logic there, but you failed to account for the many, MANY cases of mental illness seen on DL on a regular basis.

Stop talking about Cheryl!

by Anonymousreply 59112/10/2012

Love this picture.

by Anonymousreply 59312/10/2012

[quote]the show can actually have people win the race by actually doing it and not by forging "alliances" and "strategizing".

This is the one thing I HATE about TAR and I wish they'd ban these stupid alliances altogether.

by Anonymousreply 59412/10/2012

One-off alliances can work...people pooling their money to take a van or something; or working together when they know there's one team lagging behind to assure that they both get to the mat ahead of the trailing team.

That said, the idea of an alliance throughout the race is pretty much counter-productive to actually winning the thing.

by Anonymousreply 59512/10/2012

On CBS, the two-hour finale of Season 21 of The Amazing Race (2.6/6) was down 21% from last year’s fall finale on December 11, 2011. It also tied with the May 8, 2011 finale of Season 18 for Race’s lowest-rated finale ever.

by Anonymousreply 59612/10/2012

R585: I am certainly aware of the mental cases who post here, particularly the reaction to the person whom you mentioned.

In a earlier post you wrote that 'the lion share of criticism' was coming from DL trolls. Josh and Brent did not run a particularly good race until the end. And their personal arguments (especially Brent's verbal comments) were not pleasant to watch and hear. Did you really expect just positive comments?

Perhaps you do not understand because you are a fan. But, I knew nothing about them, and was sometimes annoyed. I can not be the only person. I could go on, but I suspect it will not make any difference.

by Anonymousreply 59712/10/2012

I really didn't know the finale was airing last night - I usually tape the show and watch it later in the week and I never tape the show preview for the following week so I didn't hear any announcements about the finale - I still thought there were a couple of more weeks to go, but when I went to stop taping, it was still on and I was kind of disappointed because I wasn't really ready for it to end. I don't think they did the 2 hour finale thing on season 20.

by Anonymousreply 59812/10/2012

Congrats to Josh and Brent!

by Anonymousreply 59912/10/2012

Jaymes will have a TV gig within two years, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 60012/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.