Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bobby Jindal: 2016 Republican Presidential Nominee

Well?

by Anonymousreply 11611/17/2014

No.

by Anonymousreply 111/16/2012

Self-loathing asshole who desperately wants to be white.

by Anonymousreply 211/16/2012

So R2, doesn't that make him the near perfect Republican nominee?

(Self-loathing asshole who wants to be straight - Perry; or self-loathing asshole who wants to be male - Bachman; or self-loathing asshole who wants to be Protestant ...)

by Anonymousreply 311/16/2012

He performed an exorcism on his girlfriend in college. So, no, I think not.

by Anonymousreply 411/16/2012

Congratulations, Hillary! You win!

by Anonymousreply 511/16/2012

So who's he supposed to capture, the Indian American vote? Dinesh D'Souza aside, I'm guessing they'd be more inclined to vote Democratic after all the post-9/11 xenophobia they've had to endure, especially the Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 611/16/2012

Strong views opposing same-sex marriage. (Nov 2010)

Supports constitutional amendment to define marriage. (Jun 2008)

Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)

Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)

Rated 0% by the HRC, indicating an anti-gay-rights stance. (Dec 2006)

Rated 33% by the NAACP, indicating an anti-affirmative-action stance. (Dec 2006)

by Anonymousreply 711/16/2012

There is no way you get elected and then serve as Governor of Louisiana without picking up so much baggage that you become unelectable at the national level. The corruption is overwhelming, and even if he's the one honest politician in the state, he'll be guilty by association.

If nothing else his record during Katrina will bring him down.

by Anonymousreply 811/16/2012

No. He tore his drawers yesterday by cutting Meals on Wheels. I mean, seriously, Meals on Wheels? What kind of inhuman assbot would even consider this? The program costs aren't high enough to warrant this.

Piyush should be a barber; the only he knows how to do is cut.

Even the idiot Louisianians who voted for him twice are jumping on the hate bandwagon. He was desperate for a Romney win so he could get a cush appointment and get the hell out of this state he's done everything to ruin and privatize.

May he rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 911/16/2012

And this moron was a biology major in college?

by Anonymousreply 1011/16/2012

[quote]So who's he supposed to capture, the Indian American vote? Dinesh D'Souza aside, I'm guessing they'd be more inclined to vote Democratic after all the post-9/11 xenophobia they've had to endure, especially the Muslims.

R6, the Indian American vote is too small to make a significant difference. They only make up around 1% of the American population.

by Anonymousreply 1111/16/2012

[quote] Even the idiot Louisianians who voted for him twice are jumping on the hate bandwagon.

Fortunately, they're getting exactly what they deserve. Along with all the other Republicans in the country.

I have a smile permanently plastered across my face.

by Anonymousreply 1211/16/2012

r8: Kathleen Blanco was the incompetent in office at the time of Katrina; it's easy to get them all mixed up

by Anonymousreply 1311/16/2012

Yes, Delicious @R12, but they're taking the rest of us with them. Lots of good, liberal people come to/ remain in Louisiana because of family needs (eldercare, disabled relatives, etc.), or because they really do want to make life better here.

by Anonymousreply 1411/16/2012

He's cutting hundreds of millions of dollars from the Medicaid budget to show he is fiscally conservative. Many hospitals are shutting down, and LA is at the bottom of every good survey, the the top of every bad survey. No way he can win.

by Anonymousreply 1511/16/2012

Louisiana elected him twice. Let them live with what he does. This is what they chose. Fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 1611/16/2012

[quote][R8]: Kathleen Blanco was the incompetent in office at the time of Katrina; it's easy to get them all mixed up

You're right, he wasn't Governor, my mistake, but remember the big lie he told about Katrina:

emember that story Bobby Jindal told in his big speech Tuesday night — about how during Katrina, he stood shoulder-to-shoulder with a local sheriff who was battling government red tape to try to rescue stranded victims?

Turns out it wasn’t actually, you know, true.

In the last few days, first Daily Kos, and then TPMmuckraker, raised serious questions about the story, based in part on the fact that no news reports we could find place Jindal in the affected area at the specific time at issue.

Jindal had described being in the office of Sheriff Harry Lee “during Katrina,” and hearing him yelling into the phone at a government bureaucrat who was refusing to let him send volunteer boats out to rescue stranded storm victims, because they didn’t have the necessary permits. Jindal said he told Lee, “that’s ridiculous,” prompting Lee to tell the bureaucrat that the rescue effort would go ahead and he or she could arrest both Lee and Jindal.

But now, a Jindal spokeswoman has admitted to Politico that in reality, Jindal overheard Lee talking about the episode to someone else by phone “days later.” The spokeswoman said she thought Lee, who died in 2007, was being interviewed about the incident at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1711/16/2012

He is at least as homophobic as Rmoney so he's got that working for him.

by Anonymousreply 1811/16/2012

"So [R2], doesn't that make him the near perfect Republican nominee?

(Self-loathing asshole who wants to be straight - Perry; or self-loathing asshole who wants to be male - Bachman; or self-loathing asshole who wants to be Protestant ...)"

Most Republicans would hardly agree that Perry and Bachmann were perfect candidates.

by Anonymousreply 1911/16/2012

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig.

by Anonymousreply 2011/16/2012

I think Mr. Jindal is a close-to-perfect Rprez candidate.

by Anonymousreply 2111/16/2012

Jindal once did the on-camera GOP response to one of Obama's State of the Union addresses, and his performance was underwhelming, even to Republicans.

OP, this one isn't going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

He'd never get the nomination. He's a brown person.

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

A shoe in for the Magic Carpet vote.

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012

I think he's too butt ugly to be President. He's really hard to look at him for a long period before you have to turn away.

by Anonymousreply 2511/16/2012

He better be prepared to drop leaflets of his birth certificate throughout those deep red states. After all, you don't see 'Darjeeling' featured much at Tea Party gatherings.

by Anonymousreply 2611/16/2012

Aside from the fact that I thoroughly disagree with him, I find him repulsive. I couldn't bear looking at that cadaverous, hollow-eyed zombie for the two years he'd campaign, plus four more if by some strange trick of fate he won.

In general, I want to say this: Their hope of regaining their footing may be almost nil unless voters get a case of amnesia. Hopefully, Rove and the media pooh-bahs have learned that you can't lie and make people into something they aren't.

Jindal, Paul Ryan, all these guys have records and public utterances, and votes that show them consistently buying in to extremist views. The very views that were roundly repudiated in this election. Do they really think voters won't see thru the masquerade in four years?

It is my fervent hope that the Dems will finish what they started, and in 2014, get rid of the hold-over Tea Party and extremist Right Wing conservatives who have destroyed the party, and redefine theyselves with a new crop of rational people. Maybe in 12 yrs they might win a national election.

The Obama team is doing something it did not do after 2008. They're organizing and keeping their new lists of supporters active. I was on a huge call the other night with 30,000 of them.

We aren't giving up the high ground we've taken based on a bunch of liars with no convictions, no core, who want to change their tune out of expediency. The GOP is going to have to demonstrate thru deeds not just words. Or they haven't learned a damned thing.

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

Repubs proved how desperate they were for a decent candidate by nominating MR. They better look a lot harder if they want even a chance in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

I want to do him

by Anonymousreply 2911/16/2012

Jindal is a Foxnews idiot. He has been skewered on the air a number of times by Michael Moore, so he wouldn't last. On a good note, that means the Republicans would falter even more in 2016....so yeah, pick this turd as leader.

by Anonymousreply 3011/16/2012

A moment to treasure - about 30 secs in:

by Anonymousreply 3111/16/2012

I agree that he's far too unfortunate looking to ever be elected POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2012

Everybody knows that Bobby Jindal is never going to be President.

by Anonymousreply 3311/16/2012

[quote]He'd never get the nomination. He's a brown person.

You must think with the Republican part of your brain--the amygdala. What better gift to the brown people could there be? It worked for the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 3411/16/2012

The MSNBCers have started calling him Jin-DAHL instead of Jindle. What's up with that? Has he changed how he wants his name to be pronounced, or are they highlighting his inauthenticity?

by Anonymousreply 3511/16/2012

I'd love to see that brown Howdy Doody try to run.

by Anonymousreply 3611/16/2012

He was channeling Jack McBrayer as Kenneth in that SOTU response.

by Anonymousreply 3711/16/2012

He is making drastic cuts to LSU nearly decimating the university. Then he is also trying to making massive cuts to public education while vetoing a tax on cigarettes?

He is really hated by republicans for those education system cuts. Personally, like others on DL, I love it when Republicans get to suffer from the policies that they repeatedly espouse and vote for!

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2012

And yes as he is a political opportunist - he wants creationism to be taught in public schools and is very anti-gay. And the personality and charm of a rock.

And not only did he participate in an excorsism he wrote about it in an article.

And who changes their name to Bobby in the Brady Bunch? What a loser.

He also attended a local well regarded magnet school. But wants to ruin public school? in high school his former teachers barely remembered him....

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2012

I can't believe this goober was a Rhodes Scholar.

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2012

I've always thought of this clip when I see Jindal lurch out of the darkness?

by Anonymousreply 4111/16/2012

Jindal = Dweeby Pawlenty with a tan. Puh-leez.

by Anonymousreply 4211/16/2012

[quote]I can't believe this goober was a Rhodes Scholar.

They are awarded on a geographic basis. His competition was limited to Louisiana and one or two neighboring states.

by Anonymousreply 4311/16/2012

This jackass is only trying to reinforce the rigid caste system of his native country on America, and what better place to start, in general, than the American South, and Louisiana in particular, themselves quite familiar with the caste system.

What's with Indians trying to bring their bullshit social theories to the United States?

by Anonymousreply 4411/16/2012

Ugh. What a humbug. Wears the mantle of Catholicism while sticking it to the poor. Worst kind of politician.

by Anonymousreply 4511/16/2012

Jindal knows he won't be re-elected, so he's deliberately fucking over his state so that when a Dem Gov takes over, it will take 20 years of hard work to put it right...

And the people of Louisiana will kick them out after 4...

by Anonymousreply 4611/16/2012

"This jackass is only trying to reinforce the rigid caste system of his native country on America"

He wouldn't have done well in India. India's upper caste, the Brahmin, are light-skinned while Bobby Jindal is obviously dark.

by Anonymousreply 4711/16/2012

He's got my vote!

by Anonymousreply 4811/16/2012

Electing Bobby Jindal would be electing his mother. He is her little pet.

by Anonymousreply 4911/16/2012

He is not his mother's pet. He is the pet of the corporate interests....

by Anonymousreply 5011/16/2012

[quote]He wouldn't have done well in India.

I find this funny, considering how hard he's repeatedly tried to distance himself from his ethnic origin and even deny it.

by Anonymousreply 5111/16/2012

Yes, Piyush needs to sit his skinny self-loathing ass down.

by Anonymousreply 5211/16/2012

Maybe he could run with South Carolina's own Gov. Nimrata Randhawa. A self-hate dream ticket.

by Anonymousreply 5311/16/2012

Oh God!

by Anonymousreply 5411/16/2012

He probably will stand a good chance of it--much better than Rick Santorum or Rick perry or (God forbid) Michelle Bachmann. He was smart this week to repudiate the blindness to facts that marked the 2012 Republican presidential campaign this week--I think though some of the foaming at the mouth types are still wanting to buy into fantasy, the greater part of Republicans were humiliated by the loss and want things to change.

by Anonymousreply 5511/16/2012

So let me get this straight. The Republican candidates for 2016 are going to be Bobby Jindal, Rick Santorum, Paul Ryan, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, and Donald Trump?

The Dems could run a cat against this group of assclowns, and the cat would win.

by Anonymousreply 5711/16/2012

Excuse me. Little Bobby Jindal?

Over my enormously larger dead body.

by Anonymousreply 5811/16/2012

LOL @ this thread.

The GOP is not about to nominate an anchor baby for President.

Mama Jindal came to America on a student visa.

She apparently didn't notice she was 3 months pregnant at the time.

She hadn't noticed 6 months later when she gave birth to Bobby. Also hadn't noticed the expiry date on her visa.

by Anonymousreply 5911/16/2012

I think we'll see ex-Ambassador to China/fellow Mormon Jon Huntsman again. His policies/economic views are conservative but he was "moderate" by Repub standards. (The sole Repub willing to say he believed in evolution.)

Boring yes, but not the pure idiot that the rest of 'em were. (Mind you, I'm not saying he'll be successful.)

by Anonymousreply 6011/16/2012

His charter school voucher scheme is going to completely destroy education in Louisiana (which already sucks to begin with). For instance, Louisiana taxpayers now have to foot the bill if Little Beaudreaux wants to transfer from a public school to a privately-owned "charter" school. Click on link to check out what some of these charter schools are teaching!

by Anonymousreply 6211/16/2012

R61, I just checked Google. Piyush is a Hindu male name meaning "diarrhea of the gods." HTH.

by Anonymousreply 6311/16/2012

R62, Some religious private schools provide a far superior education. Students can even opt out of the actual religion courses. Others are mediocre at best.

by Anonymousreply 6411/16/2012

Bobby went to Brown University. He's not dumb. He's either playing dumb, or is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 6511/16/2012

He has the typical authoritarian personality. It is more important to him to rigidly adhere to those right wing tenets than to study the facts....

His charter school plan he is enacting will make him a glamour boy w/the right wing nuts on TV but in the state, right wingers and left wingers can't stand it.

Some of the Louisiana private schools are OK but can only cater to average students. The best education in this state are the city public magnet schools.

by Anonymousreply 6611/16/2012

I know a few dummies who went to Brown.

I always assumed they were legacy--I know one had famous family members who had attended as well.

by Anonymousreply 6711/16/2012

Oh and about the private schools in Louisiana...my daughter when to a city Catholic School in Baton Rouge. She had to go to the principal's office when a classmate "ratted " her out for supporting John Kerry over George W!!!

by Anonymousreply 6811/16/2012

Good evening and Happy Mardi Gras. I'm Governor Bobby Jindal...

Oh pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease - run this condescending, backwards, exorcist motherfucker for president.

Also, Santorum.

by Anonymousreply 6911/16/2012

I hope you are right, R27. The republicans still believe they have a right to the presidency. Their lies, excessive advertising and attempts to suppress voting didn't work so well this time, which will motivate them to pull more dirty tricks next time.

Jindal will not be anyone's candidate next time. He was expected to be the republicans' Obama, but he totally blew that rebuttal to a speech. The media went on and on about how bad he was. I think they'd love a clever rightwing minority candidate. They could brag how big a tent their party had, while enforcing their extreme religious social agenda.

by Anonymousreply 7011/16/2012

I'm curious as to how the Repub think that they're going to appeal to women&minorities, or do they just expect these groups to "wise up" and vote Repub no matter who's the nominee. One delusional Repub told me, "Hispanics are often small business owners. Many are religious and thus anti-abortion. Those that are not new immigrants SHOULD be voting Repub." LOL to this way of thinking.

One thing I do know. No one likes a phony candidate that pretends to be "too White" when he's not.

by Anonymousreply 7111/16/2012

The Repugs are delusional, but I've got to think that there are a few who still have their minds intact.

There is no way in hell that Santorum will ever be nominated in 2016. By then, the Repugs will have learned their lesson at least somewhat. They still may not win the presidency, but they know the future is Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Susanna Martinez, Jeb Bush, etc, etc.--none of whom I would want, but they are the future. I'm Dem all the way.

Santorum is damaged goods, out-of-touch and yesterday's news. Santorum himself may not think so, but even the social conservatives know that Santorum is going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 7211/16/2012

Ugly, low caste, self-hating...

by Anonymousreply 7311/16/2012

If the lighting is just right, and he looks into the camera at just the right angle...he is almost slightly cute...

by Anonymousreply 7411/16/2012

The Republicans think that all they need are a few "cosmetic" tweaks, not changes in policy.

It's like the Republican War On Women. The actual policy war they waged on women wasn't the problem - it was just that they weren't sending enough right wing chicks out to the tv shows.

They think all they have to do is show America that a couple of brown-ish people are Big Republicans and all their demographic problems will be solved.

Susan Martinez and Nikki Haley are two-fers, boys!

by Anonymousreply 7511/16/2012

R72, it doesn't actually matter what non-crazy Republicans think.

What matters is who those total fucking loons in the Republican base will vote for in their primaries. The hicks looooooooooove Rick Santorum.

by Anonymousreply 7611/16/2012

[quote]He was expected to be the republicans' Obama, but he totally blew that rebuttal to a speech. The media went on and on about how bad he was. I think they'd love a clever rightwing minority candidate. They could brag how big a tent their party had,

Please, if the Republicans actually stoop to nominating a minority, there's no way in Hell they'll give it to someone who is part of a minority group as demographically insignificant as South Asians.

They'll find some Ricardo Montalban looking mutherfucker who won't scare the old ladies in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 7711/16/2012

Susan Martinez sounds like the most intelligent choice, although she opposed condom distribution, among other extreme social conservative positions. Dems better sniff out a scandal quick, or she really could be a potential threat.

by Anonymousreply 7811/16/2012

[quote]They'll find some Ricardo Montalban looking mutherfucker who won't scare the old ladies in Iowa.

R77. Do you mean me? 'Cause there aren't a lot of me around in positions of such prominence. And I can win Florida.

by Anonymousreply 7911/16/2012

Is he one of the little brown ones?

by Anonymousreply 8011/16/2012

He's a non-starter. It's between Jeb and Christie with Rubio as the dark horse. Ryan is spent.

by Anonymousreply 8111/16/2012

[quote]Ryan is spent.

After the three hours we spent in the Capitol sauna this morning, I should say so!

by Anonymousreply 8211/16/2012

Christie will never be accepted by those in the heartland or the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 8311/16/2012

Jindal is the one they wanted back in 2007.

by Anonymousreply 8411/17/2012

[quote]Christie will never be accepted by those in the heartland or the Midwest.

Why not? He looks like most midwesterners.

by Anonymousreply 8511/17/2012

It's not the fat, R85, although that does disqualify him from winning. He's a Catholic from the Northeast. To the "heartland" the Midwest and the South, that's one step removed from Satan.

by Anonymousreply 8611/17/2012

Considering that a Mormon from a liberal state was able to win the nomination over a religious nut (Santorum), and a politician from the south (Gingrich), I'd wager that being a northern Catholic won't affect Christie at all.

And once he gets the nomination, most of the south and all of the middle part of the country will vote for whoever has the R beside his name anyway.

by Anonymousreply 8711/17/2012

He's trying to redeem himself by appearing reasonable (see also: Christie, Chris; Hannity, Sean) but he's as crazy as they come.

by Anonymousreply 8811/17/2012

Wow! I think Melissa Harris just gave Booby Jindal a huge ration of shit on MSMBC. She kind of made him sound worse then most serial killers. Florida and Louisian...dumbest states in the union.

by Anonymousreply 8911/17/2012

Rubio, is trying to please everyone...he's a liar and probably dangerous. He's just another Republican elitist and you know his dick will get him in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 9011/17/2012

What fools will vote for a fucking BUSH again? Completely owned by the military corporations...that ALWAYS means war.

by Anonymousreply 9111/17/2012

That Melissa Harris Perry segment was great. Smackdown!

by Anonymousreply 9211/17/2012

Christie is really the only option and he won't have a problem in Illinois or Minnisota. Missouri...idiots but they won't have a problem with Christie.

by Anonymousreply 9311/17/2012

It was so nice to see someone who was not afraid to pull her punches. Most Democrats are easy...so as not to offend. Hell! We wouldn't want to offend anyone...how stupid is that? Republicans like war and we should give it to them.

by Anonymousreply 9411/17/2012

Christie look like a strong candidate, if he doesn't drop dead from all that fat first.

by Anonymousreply 9511/17/2012

Why do we have to have a year long race...longer then a year, it is completely absurd. We let the media make all the rules, fuck them. Let the candidates decide when they want to jump in the race. Look at all those fool Republicans who ran last time...losers and clowns.

by Anonymousreply 9711/17/2012

FYI R93: Do you get out of the basement much? Illinois and Minnesota are reliably blue in presidential elections. Illinois is the state that brought you Barack Obama, Carol Braun, etc..

by Anonymousreply 9811/17/2012

Melissa Perry H. is a Tulane professor and knows first hand what an unpopular jerk he is...

by Anonymousreply 9911/17/2012

R85, Christie lacks the diplomatic skill and charm many expect in a presidential candidate. Call it the "Ronnie Reagan/actor" effect but it influences many votes. He's not even remotely "sexy" either. I'm just calling it like I see it, not how I think that it should be. After MR the Repubs may choose a more widely likable candidate. Put it this way, I can't see the "elite" Repubs of Vegas putting on their best designer suit to have dinner with Christie.

by Anonymousreply 10011/17/2012

Republicans will never nominate a non-white person for president.

by Anonymousreply 10111/17/2012

His retort to President Obama's 2009 State of the Union speech made him look like a horrible mash-up of Mr Rogers and Amitab Bachchan

by Anonymousreply 10211/17/2012

What people like about Christie is the lack of "skill and charm" and that he says what the thinks (at least some of the time). In a sea of hemming and superficial candidates, he really stands out.

by Anonymousreply 10311/17/2012

Actually, what Christie lacks in "skill and charm," he makes up for by being 100% pure American lard.

by Anonymousreply 10411/17/2012

R103, How much criticism is Biden getting for speaking out? He's only a VP, and Dems are far more accepting of "down home" personalities. Look at LBJ, who also started out as a VP, to attract the "man on the street" compared to erudite JFK. Anyway there's a big difference between being a plastic cookie cutter and a great diplomat representing US overseas.

by Anonymousreply 10511/17/2012

Hey, GOP, take the Palin Cure!

(I apologize in advance for ruining your weekend.)

by Anonymousreply 10611/17/2012

I thought he was white.

Man! What a disgusting asshole?

by Anonymousreply 10711/17/2012

R106, Ruin it? No,I'm on DL on a Sat night 'cause I've got a cold. Now I can't stop laughing.

by Anonymousreply 10811/17/2012

Palin? Jindal?

these folks can't even string a SENTENCE together!

by Anonymousreply 10911/17/2012

R78 wins the troll of the month award for using the terms "Susanna Martinez" and "intelligent choice" in the same sentence. This is the same corrupt slime ball who thinks she can't go anywhere because she will be assaulted by little Hispanic girls who think she is a big celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 11011/18/2012

I will say, though, that is typical GOP logic. All Racism all the time. Don't pick anyone because they'd be good, pick them because of whom they might appeal to.

by Anonymousreply 11111/18/2012

R110, I said "SOUNDS" and then stated that I couldn't believe her refusal to encourage use of condoms; a generally innocuous position. I also asked what scandals surrounded Martinez, as I've never heard of her before. Obviously her positions are way too right-wing conservative for my tastes.

R111, Like casting for a movie, it is a form of reverse racism for the Repubs to scout out potentially good looking Hispanic candidates for VP, that would be acceptable to their current constituency. Don't think that they'd really back a "minority" for president.

I believe in being a realist, and sincerely apologize if I ever make unintended racist statements to prove my point.

by Anonymousreply 11211/18/2012

R104

by Anonymousreply 11311/18/2012

With Buffalo Bob as VP and Clarabelle as Secy of State.

by Anonymousreply 11403/25/2013

He was on Meet the Press yesterday. He was bragging about cutting state employees by 34%, denied/lied about LA being $1 billion in the hole, and said he doesn't care about poll numbers.

by Anonymousreply 11511/17/2014

Louisiana has become an even bigger cesspool than it was thanks to Jindal.

No hope in hell for him to become President.

by Anonymousreply 11611/17/2014
Need more help? Click Here.