Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ben Affleck: Murderer Scott Peterson got better treatment than I did in the press

On how the press vilified him around 2003 and 2004

“What was that guy’s name who killed his wife and dumped her off the side of a boat? Peterson. I remember thinking he actually gets slightly better treatment than I do in the press. At least they had to say ‘alleged killer.’ Unfortunately there’s an aspect of that that’s like one of those fights you see on YouTube where one of them falls down and then a bunch of people who were standing around come over and kick the person. They don’t know them, they have no involvement in the fight, but they recognize a moment that they can get a free shot in, and for some people it’s just too much to resist. And that was definitely me at that point. I was the guy. I was the designated person to loathe.

“The amount of venom—I must have touched some specific little place in the consciousness. I don’t believe I didn’t deserve any negative judgment for anything, but it was just way out of whack. People decided that I was the frat guy, even though I’ve never been inside a fraternity, or the guy who beat them up at school, even though that wasn’t me at all.

“The most pernicious illusion, myth, was that this is something that this guy wants, ‘He’s wanting this much coverage.’ That’s the most unappealing thing that you can say about somebody. And I knew how disastrous it was. It was the last thing I wanted, and I could tell it was damaging me, and I tried to get away from it, but there was still this idea: This is what this guy wants, he’s a shallow guy, a camera whore or whatever. And there was no convincing people that that wasn’t the case.

“There were ways I did contribute to it, still kind of naively. Like these car dealerships would often say, ‘Hey, do you want to drive around a car? Go take it as long as you like. You can drive this Rolls-Royce for nothing, for free.’ The Boston kid in me thought, ‘This is great! What a deal! I can just drive this car around. Let my friends drive it.’ But then this image of a young guy in a Rolls-Royce was very off-putting to people. Probably be off-putting to me now if I saw it. And I didn’t quite have the wherewithal to be smart about that at the time.”

On his kids “There’s going to be three maniacs screaming and running around the house. But it’s sweet, and washes away all the other stuff.”

On his wife “It was a really, really good thing that happened to me around the time that it was nice to have something good happen. And she’s just a great woman and a great friend. She has such wise and certain stewardship over these three characters that I love so much.”

On his life now “I’m in a place where I feel a bit more like I felt after Good Will Hunting, but with a sort of added perspective. I feel like I’ve gone round a loop once. And for this lap, it’s more measured. I’m not the most loathsome man in the world. I’ve dropped to number nine.”

by Anonymousreply 10005/11/2013

Oh boo hoo. Rich and famous complainers are the worst.

Glad he's not popular as an actor anymore.

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2012

I want to like him but he comes off insecure and moronic at times. I hope he becomes more mature.

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2012

he ate out the pussy of a stripper while he was engaged. He and jennifer lopez used to do a bunch of stunts in order to get paparazzi attention. They were in Boston in a convertible Bentley and they drove around with the top down over and over trying to get someone to notice them and make a big deal about them. No one cared and so they went home

by Anonymousreply 311/15/2012

This must be the mea culpa revisionist history pre-Oscar press tour, I liked Argo but good luck going up against Lincoln.

by Anonymousreply 411/15/2012

He learned nothing from his career fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 511/15/2012

Also, the way he describes Jennifer Garner - he sounds incredibly bored, like she was at the right place and right time to rehab his image.

by Anonymousreply 611/15/2012

douche bag then, douche bag now

by Anonymousreply 711/15/2012

He's always sounded like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 811/15/2012

Champagne problems.

by Anonymousreply 911/15/2012

The ultimate narcissist. This is the kind of shit you say *before* you get sober, not years after.

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2012

He's a nice guy and very supportive of gays and gay rights. But not too much light upstairs, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012

Ben has that Ashley Judd thing where he seems to have a desperate need to prove how smart he is....

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2012

He still whining ?

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2012

I didn't think he got that much bad press at that time. Most of it was related to his relationship with JLo and that movie they did together.

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012

Frankly, I'd fuck Scott Peterson before I'd fuck Ben Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 1511/15/2012

At least Scott Peterson has a real head of hair, not a cheap rug from the mall.

by Anonymousreply 1611/15/2012

Apparently he still hasn't learned that there is such a thing as too much publicity.

by Anonymousreply 1711/15/2012

I used to like him but after reading this I realize he's justva douche.

by Anonymousreply 1811/15/2012

[quote] Also, the way he describes Jennifer Garner - he sounds incredibly bored, like she was at the right place and right time to rehab his image

He actually told a reporter how he always forgets his wife's birthday and other holidays and always has to buy gifts from drug stores at the last minute. Nice guy. Couldn't he hire someone to do this? He also talked about how she buys great, really thoughtful gifts for everyone

by Anonymousreply 1911/15/2012

Jennifer G is such a nice person (I have heard from more than one person). What possesses women to marry men like him? He has been unfaithful since the day they were married. She has to know this.

by Anonymousreply 2011/15/2012

narcissists suck at gift giving.

by Anonymousreply 2111/15/2012

[quote]On his wife “It was a really, really good thing that happened to me around the time that it was nice to have something good happen. And she’s just a great woman and a great friend. She has such wise and certain stewardship over these three characters that I love so much.”

He could be describing the housekeeper.

by Anonymousreply 2211/15/2012

R18 I agree. He was a complete tool for JLo's PR purposes and let himself be turned into a fool. I even remember one planted PR item that he and JLo were going to remake "Casablanca", and another one that went over their pre-nup including fines that he would have to pay her if he cheated. Every ounce of snark and derision that he received, he deserved.

Especially this.

by Anonymousreply 2311/15/2012

I get the impression that (unlike Matt Damon) Ben is genuinely not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 2411/15/2012

Once a douche always a douche....Argo was great though as was Gone Baby Gone. Hard to believe they were directed by him as he comes across like such an idiot - does he get help with his directing? Remember the rumors that he and Damon had lots of "help" writing the Good Will Hunting screenplay.

by Anonymousreply 2511/15/2012

He acts like he had just shot to fame around that time and had no idea what he was doing. Just some naive kid from Boston. Except he was already 30, a major movie star, had dated Gwyneth and won an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 2611/15/2012

The douche level on the set of his new movie with Kristen Stewart is going to be off the charts. Wonder if he's going to fuck her too.

by Anonymousreply 2711/15/2012

William Goldman was the hired gun (by Harvey Weinstein) who wrote (or at least, re-wrote) GOOD WILL HUNTING. And then went on to (rather clumsily) deny doing so in his book.

Damon and Affleck had an idea for a movie, but Goldman wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 2811/15/2012

...dude took out ads in Variety and The Hollywood Reporter to tell everyone how great Jennifer Lopez was.

I'm getting douche chills.

[quote]Jennifer Lopez’s ‘Gigli’ co-star Ben Affleck shelled out over $20,000 for ads running in ‘Variety’ and ‘Hollywood Reporter’ to say how much he enjoyed working with her and how he was ashamed of his notions beforehand that she’d be a diva. Affleck wrote, “I really liked working with her and have been so impressed with her acting skills,” he said. “In a lot of ways it was in contrast to what some of my pre-conceptions were about Jennifer. I thought I’d write a paragraph saying what a professional, decent person I think she is and how kind she is.”

by Anonymousreply 3011/15/2012

"he ate out the pussy of a stripper while he was engaged."

Oh my fucking God, a man having a fuckfest before he gets married. That's just unheard of.

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2012

It was so painfully obvious that the JLo relationship was for publicity. It made the annihilation of Gigli all the sweeter.

by Anonymousreply 3211/15/2012

Not a smart move to remind the Academy what a famewhore douche of a loser you were for a no talent whore.

And the lowest point had to have been Ben literally bending down and kissing J.Lo's ass on a yacht for one of her dumb music videos. People laughed about that for ages.

by Anonymousreply 3311/15/2012

Their movie idea for Good Will Hunting was an urban legend. The janitor who solved an unsolvable math equation left on a college blackboard.

by Anonymousreply 3411/15/2012

Let's see, the press implied Scott Peterson had brutally murdered his wife unborn child, violating his legal right to presumption of innocence and compromising his right to a fair trial.

And the press implied that Affleck was a douche, because he was behaving like a douche.

Yeah, lots of equivalency there.

by Anonymousreply 3511/15/2012

Yes, R35, but Scott Peterson never forced DAREDEVIL or GIGLI on an unsuspecting public.

I say... Good Day, sir!

by Anonymousreply 3611/15/2012

I never used to like him much, outside of his good politics. I like him better now. After "Hollywoodland" I realized that he actually can act (sometimes) and his directing is a lot better than many of the hack douchebags doing movies for teenage boys.

His typical actor's narcissism is not over-sized by Hollywood standards. His cheating is also not over-sized by Hollywood standards. Since Garner's cheated on everyone she's ever been with, she may be the one who bails first.

by Anonymousreply 3711/15/2012

Garner only cheated to trade up the Hollywood food chain. She knows she can't go any higher than Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 3811/15/2012

You can tell by his acting that he is not the brightest bulb. But Hollywood is such a 'boys club' and I have no doubt Affleck does well around producers, agents and money guys.

by Anonymousreply 3911/15/2012

I know people hate him but there's a part of me that would like to go out and have a beer with him and then we'd go play air hockey.

by Anonymousreply 4011/15/2012

R31, it was a stripper. A guy might let a stripper give him a blow job, but he wouldn't eat out a skanky stripper's pussy - and in front of other people no less. How disgusting

by Anonymousreply 4111/15/2012

Ben's praise for Jennifer lacks passion. I'm sure he cheats all the time, but still loves her and the kids. Why in the world did Jennifer ever dump her first husband?

by Anonymousreply 4211/15/2012

I thought he came off as somewhat stupid on Bill Maher. Poor guy. But he understands how to write and direct, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 4311/15/2012

[quote]Why in the world did Jennifer ever dump her first husband?

Because she was fucking Michael Vartan, who seemed a better prospect than her husband. Now both of those men have no careers and if she had stayed with them she'd be a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 4411/15/2012

I'd do him.

by Anonymousreply 4511/15/2012

I thought The Town was vastly overrated. Haven't seen Argo.

Hate his acting. He's the worst. He should just stay behind the camera and for the love of god, STOP casting himself in his own films.

by Anonymousreply 4611/15/2012

[quote]Why in the world did Jennifer ever dump her first husband?

Her career took off when she landed the starring role in "Alias," while his career stagnated. His ego was bruised by her success and he treated her poorly. A lot of marriages break up when the wife becomes more successful than the husband because the husband can't handle it.

by Anonymousreply 4711/15/2012

I always kind of thought Scott Peterson looked like the love child of Ben and Dean Cain.

Ben is good-looking but comes off kind of douchey.

by Anonymousreply 4811/15/2012

It's pretty telling that he says he loves the kids but his wife is a 'good woman' and a 'friend'. I don't have anything against him but I won't be sorry when Garner divorces him and gets a shitload of money and a lot of child support.

by Anonymousreply 4911/15/2012

r49 see the other related thread (Afflecks for for ice cream) Garner will never divorce BA she knows its the best she will ever get status-wise. She knows he cheats, doesnt care for it but tolerates it. He knows he has a free pass thats why you hear about his cheating so much and so often.

by Anonymousreply 5011/15/2012

I think Ben is very bright, intelligent, articulate, and creative.

by Anonymousreply 5111/15/2012

Well, to be fair, Peterson didn't make "Gigli," so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 5311/15/2012

I think Ben's comments are going to make people wonder again why they never put him on trial.

by Anonymousreply 5411/16/2012

"hear about his cheating so much and so often"

R50, who 'hears about his cheating so much and so often'?

Where have you read about his cheating?

And don't say friggin' lying Datalounge.

If you're going to perpetrate and spread this idea that Ben cheats often and much, give some sources where you've read this.

by Anonymousreply 5511/16/2012

Not sure if anyone remembers when JLo was married to Chris Judd, Ben had one of his toadies go onto a red carpet and give JLo flowers. Chris looked PISSED.

One of the entertainment shows had video of Ben and his friends sneaking away afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 5611/16/2012

His body language with Blake Lively on the set of [whatever the hell that movie was] was pretty unmistakeable, even if they didn't hook up.

Garner's ex, Scott Foley, is an overall good guy. It's too bad that turned out the way it did.

by Anonymousreply 5711/16/2012

I love Affleck, but come on he put on a wife beater starred in a J Lo video & lost all credibility during the "J-Lo" years. He showed his ass & the press put a mirror up to it. End of story

by Anonymousreply 5811/16/2012

Well he does cheat, R52. I'm not an Affleck hater, I posted upthread that I like him.

I don't know the names of his casual side-fucks. This is a gossip site where sport-fucking is not a crime. I did use the word cheating but I'm not sure it meets the standard. If this is their arrangement it's not cheating.

He was openly fucking that tv actress with the long blonde hair and the fake tits. I don't know the show. She's some sort of pseudo-"it" girl. It was when they were making "The Town" but... Blake Lively! (Thanks, IMDb)

by Anonymousreply 5911/16/2012

r51/52/55/Ben's mother, get a grip. Afflecks been cheating for YEARS. Do you live in LA and work out here?

Asking for proof that he cheats is like asking for proof that the earth orbits the sun. hes notorious in particular for carrying on during his shoots. Lively was the most famous of his conquests on the Town set (and that relationship carried on well past filming. Garner was pissed and told many people) but there were others non-famous. he was a very busy bee up in Boston.

Then there's Gemma Arterton on the most recent set. And the many others in LA and environs. If you know people who work in and around sets (and I do) then you know about this.

by Anonymousreply 6011/16/2012

Well, that certainly clarifies things and clears everything up, R59, R60.

No

Especially no, R60

by Anonymousreply 6111/16/2012

R59, you are just parroting what you've read on lying, exaggerating Datalounge.

I cannot stand people who parrot what they've read on Datalounge as if everything is gospel truth, and as if you do not have a brain in your head.

by Anonymousreply 6211/16/2012

...Personally, my brain tells me that pretty much most celebrities and powerful or rich people screw around.

by Anonymousreply 6311/16/2012

Ben Affleck is such a fucking douche

by Anonymousreply 6411/16/2012

Sorry to disappoint you, R62, but you couldn't possibly be more wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6511/16/2012

r51/52/55/61/62/Ben's ass - those of us upstanding folks here on lying, parroting Datalounge HATE assholes who TROLL.

I cant stand people who fucking TROLL on Datalounge as if they don't have a brain in THEIR head. Like we can't use trolldar. Get lost take it back to the Ben fanboards.

by Anonymousreply 6611/16/2012

I never tire of watching Ben and the drunk girl:

by Anonymousreply 6711/16/2012

oops I meant drunk Ben not drunk girl!!

by Anonymousreply 6811/16/2012

"Who extols in such a ridiculous childish way in which you have at R66."

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 7011/16/2012

Oh, now we have a DL Ben Affleck Troll. What fun.

by Anonymousreply 7111/16/2012

Ben is reportedly cheating with Whitney Cummings, if you believe a commenter on the Celebitchy site. The comments were under this article, where he whines about Scott Peterson.

by Anonymousreply 7211/16/2012

Goldman explaining that he didn't write the film, and that if he did, he wouldn't have written the "It's not your fault" scene.

"I would love to say that I wrote it. Here is the truth. In my obit it will say that I wrote it. People don't want to think those two cute guys wrote it. What happened was, they had the script. It was their script. They gave it to Rob [Reiner] to read, and there was a great deal of stuff in the script dealing with the F.B.I. trying to use Matt Damon for spy work because he was so brilliant in math. Rob said, 'Get rid of it.' They then sent them in to see me for a day - I met with them in New York - and all I said to them was, 'Rob's right. Get rid of the F.B.I. stuff. Go with the family, go with Boston, go with all that wonderful stuff.' And they did. I think people refuse to admit it because their careers have been so far from writing, and I think it's too bad. I'll tell you who wrote a marvelous script once, Sylvester Stallone. Rocky's a marvelous script. God, read it, it's wonderful. It's just got marvelous stuff. And then he stopped suddenly because it's easier being a movie star and making all that money than going in your pit and writing a script. But I did not write [Good Will Hunting], alas. I would not have written the 'It's not your fault' scene. I'm going to assume that 148 percent of the people in this room have seen a therapist. I certainly have, for a long time. Hollywood always has this idea that it's this shrink with only one patient. I mean, that scene with Robin Williams gushing and Matt Damon and they're hugging, 'It's not your fault, it's not your fault.' I thought, Oh God, Freud is so agonized over this scene. But Hollywood tends to do that with therapists."

by Anonymousreply 7311/16/2012

Ben is upset that he agreed to take care of the kids whenever Jen Garner is making a movie.

Jen is in Louisiana making a movie, so Ben is taking care of the kids, but he is publicly complaining that he had to give up directing (and maybe acting) episode(s) of Homeland in order to stay home with the kids in Jen's absence.

I know they most definitely must have a nanny because Ben is seen several times every week with just his two little girls, ages 3 and 6, and the baby, Samuel, 6 months old, is not along with them.

See Daily Mail for articles.

by Anonymousreply 7411/17/2012

Ben ain't getting that director Oscar so he needs to just stop.

by Anonymousreply 7511/17/2012

It'd be worth giving Scott Petersen an Oscar just to piss off Ben Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 7611/17/2012

[quote]The most pernicious illusion, myth, was that this is something that this guy wants, ‘He’s wanting this much coverage.’ That’s the most unappealing thing that you can say about somebody. And I knew how disastrous it was. It was the last thing I wanted, and I could tell it was damaging me, and I tried to get away from it, but there was still this idea: This is what this guy wants, he’s a shallow guy, a camera whore or whatever. And there was no convincing people that that wasn’t the case.

That's not true at all. At the time he was holding daily press conferences on the whole Bennifer thing, and he even said then (and soon after) that he had become addicted to the fame and couldn't stop.

I had been wishing him well lately because he had changed his image and had moved on, but if he's going to lie about what happened then, he's still an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7711/17/2012

I really want to like him, because I like his politics, and he's smart. But he's very narcissistic and he lacks judgement. If you saw Argo, you have to give him props for a good job as director. But his love affair with his own face in that movie was embarrassing to say the least.

Those close ups of a pensive expression that passes for acting. He seems to get in his own way, doesn't he. And now he's talking about his media coverage. Poor Ben! Keep talking like this and you can kiss your Best Picture/Best Director Oscar hopes good bye. You won't get one this year anyway, but a nomination would have been nice.

by Anonymousreply 7811/17/2012

[quote]Like these car dealerships would often say, ‘Hey, do you want to drive around a car? Go take it as long as you like. You can drive this Rolls-Royce for nothing, for free.’ The Boston kid in me thought, ‘This is great! What a deal! I can just drive this car around. Let my friends drive it.’ But then this image of a young guy in a Rolls-Royce was very off-putting to people.

He always talks about his "Boston" past as if he grew up ion the streets of Southie and stole hubcaps or something.

He grew up in affluent Cambridge, and went to one of the fanciest schools in the are, Cambridge Rindge and Latin School. (It's public, but one of the best public schools in the entire nation.) And he went to a fancy liberal arts college, Occidental, thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 7911/17/2012

[quote]They were in Boston in a convertible Bentley and they drove around with the top down over and over trying to get someone to notice them and make a big deal about them.

That's funny as shit. Is it true?

by Anonymousreply 8011/17/2012

Ben is never smiling in all the zillions of photos with his kids that run in radaronline, justjared.com, and Daily Mail online every week.

I find it odd that he is smiling so little.

by Anonymousreply 8111/17/2012

As a straight white male, he's been cut every kind of slack there is. If he still can't get the kind of worship he craves, it's his own damn fault.

by Anonymousreply 8211/17/2012

His biggest problem has always been that he's a big pussy. he's handsome, and has some talent. But he's a big pussy through and through nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 8311/17/2012

What's up with his brother Casey he shows up in so many movies and has no screen presence and can't act. Does his brother get him jobs?

by Anonymousreply 8411/17/2012

Fine. He's *allegedly* a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 8511/17/2012

So does anyone know if he stopped using cocaine and drinking entirely? He was a raging cokehead which led to his breakup with Gywnnie and he has a fondness for gambling.

by Anonymousreply 8611/17/2012

I think he was just named 'one of the most sexiest men alive' in People magazine.

(not the cover man but in the list)

So that is quite a bit of adulation.

by Anonymousreply 8711/17/2012

He has a big, giant potato head. Don't see the attraction.

by Anonymousreply 8811/17/2012

Could you blame him for being bored with Garner? Bitch is like human Ambien.

by Anonymousreply 8911/17/2012

[quote]You can tell by his acting that he is not the brightest bulb. But Hollywood is such a 'boys club' and I have no doubt Affleck does well around producers, agents and money guys.

This. The "boys club" members love to project themselves onto attractive "movie stars".

Also, it's well known that their original script and idea for Good Will Hunting was some lame thriller where Will was recruited into the CIA. They had a lot of help with it. That said, it's not uncommon in Hollywood to be rewritten and official credit retained by the original writers.

I think all three of his movies have been meh (The Town) to good, but my god, I'm still wondering why everyone is creaming themselves to anoint him as some genius filmmaker. I heard someone say that it was because everyone expected so little of him.

by Anonymousreply 9011/17/2012

[quote]I heard someone say that it was because everyone expected so little of him.

Ding ding ding! He was completely written off as a himbo loser so the fact that he can direct pretty decent movies some how makes him a genius.

The Town was a bore.

by Anonymousreply 9111/17/2012

reminding everyone that Ben not only fucks around like a rabbit he also has a massive gambling problem. Everyone remembers how he was involved with that LA gambling ring that including Tobey Maguire, leo and others.

by Anonymousreply 9211/17/2012

Yeah, Matt Damon was participating too. But how does that mean Ben had a massive problem?

by Anonymousreply 9311/17/2012

R74, she takes care of them when he's working too. It seems like quid pro quo.

She'll need her career when they split. It will be much easier if she's actively working than if she has been on an extended break.

by Anonymousreply 9411/17/2012

Because he owed a half million $ at one point in one gambling debt alone. That’s not counting the many others he was rumored to have at that time. He likes the very high stakes stuff.

by Anonymousreply 9511/17/2012

I'd love to watch a vid of Ben and Scott buttfucking.

by Anonymousreply 9611/17/2012

[quote] It'd be worth giving Scott Petersen an Oscar just to piss off Ben Affleck.

How funny would it be if the person announcing the oscar winner joked and "the winner is Scott Peterson"?

by Anonymousreply 9711/17/2012

Let's not get carried away here, R88. I think I still own that crown.

by Anonymousreply 9811/18/2012

Ha, In Touch already has a cover story about Kristen Stewart fucking Ben Affleck and their movie hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Ben might want to take cover and find another project.

by Anonymousreply 9911/21/2012

bumping back up since TMZ has posted new allegations of Ben's massive past gambling losses (see link).

Wonder why this is all coming out now?

by Anonymousreply 10005/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.