Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Audio Leaks Of Mitt Romney's 'Gifts' Comments, And Somehow They're Even Worse Than What Was Reported (AUDIO)

Nov. 15, 2012, 4:16 PM

Mitt Romney has taken quite a bit of heat over his comment to donors Wednesday that President Barack Obama won the election because he gave "gifts" to minorities, young voters and women.

Audio of Romney's comments leaked to ABC today, and the full context of Romney's comments will probably not help stave off the criticism.

In one excerpt, he advises future Democrats running to offer "free dental care" as part of the Affordable Care Act:

"It's a proven political strategy, which is give a bunch of money to a group and, guess what, they'll vote for you. What I would do if I were a Democrat running four years from now — I'd say dental care ought to be included in Obamacare."

On the "gifts" to Latino voters, Romney pointed to what he called a "Dream Act Amnesty program," which was his name for the Obama administration's shift in immigration policy earlier this year. He also pointed, again, to Obamacare:

"What the president did is he gave them two things. One, he gave them a big gift on immigration with the DREAM Act amnesty program, which was obviously very very popular with Hispanic voters, and then number two was Obamacare ... For a home earning — let's say $30,000 a year — free health care, which is worth about $10,000 a year, I mean it's massive, it's huge. So this — he did two very popular things for the Hispanic community."

by Anonymousreply 5611/17/2012

Imagine if this prick actually ended up as President! We dodged a bullet with this one!

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2012

I hope that people keep recording him and sharing it on the interwebs

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2012

No, Mitt, you just don't understand how it worked. It was very subtly done. Every voter who voted Democratic got a hand stamp. After we were done, we went to a designated place nearby the precinct (at my polling place it was a Ben and Jerry's delivery van that had pulled around the back) where they looked at your hand under a special light, and if it glowed you got a gift bag. Mine had GREAT swag in it. I got a split of really good asti spumante, and GREAT chocolates, and an iPhone cover, and a sample of organic cat food (I gave it to a friend because I have a dog.)

by Anonymousreply 311/15/2012

Thank God he lost. What an ugly mind.

by Anonymousreply 411/15/2012

R3, I adore you!

by Anonymousreply 511/15/2012

Obama gave old people most and they didn't vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 611/15/2012

My gift was a free iPhone!

by Anonymousreply 711/15/2012

I can taste the resentment in his cookie.

by Anonymousreply 811/15/2012

[quote]"It's a proven political strategy, which is give a bunch of money to a group and, guess what, they'll vote for you.

And what would your tax breaks to the rich have been, Mittens? It's a matter of semantics.

by Anonymousreply 911/15/2012

Look, I don't know, but I want my gifts and free stuff before Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2012

Wait, didn't Mitt give the voters in his home state essentially the same health care as obama care and still he wasn't able to win a second term?

I know, I know, he didn't run, but it was because he knew he couldn't win.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012

I take it back. Allen West is only the world's second sorest loser.

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2012

The scary thing is that he's like one of those Russian nesting dolls, and we've now seen the public Mitt and the Mitt when he's with other rich people, but there's still the Mitt alone with his family, and finally the true inner Mitt.

Just imagine how black and twisted and bitter he must be at the core.

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2012

Romney solidifies his reputation as a lying douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012

Indeed we dodged a bullet. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 1511/15/2012

Still waiting on that gift.

by Anonymousreply 1611/15/2012

In the OP audio, Romney spoke of one of the "gifts" Obama gave was that Obamacare allowed kids to stay on their parents plan until they were 26.

And on Sunday, September 9, Romney appeared on "Meet The Press' and stated that he liked that particualr age provision of Obamacare and would not be getting rid of it if he were elected.

So Mitt, were you giving gifts too? You lying sack of Shitt.

by Anonymousreply 1711/15/2012

Just like Mitt planned to give the Koch Brothers and the other dickhead donors carte blanche. Why do you think all these dickwads contributed so much money? Because they thought he was the next Lincoln?

Had he won, he would have been a clueless figurehead puppet whose strings would have been controlled by God knows who. I can't believe people were stupid enough to buy into him and vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 1811/15/2012

Mitt Romney committed vote fraud when he voted in Belmont, Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 1911/15/2012

Loose Lips Shitt Romney, the unwanted gift that keeps on giving and giving ....kinda like a bad case of explosive diarrhea...!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2011/15/2012

And what exactly was he running on--gifts for the uberrich in the form of tax breaks.

He needs to shut his Morman pie hole and slink back to Salt lake City and take another wife.

by Anonymousreply 2111/15/2012

I want him to suffer in the years to come.

And I also want someone to get his tax returns out to the public.

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

He either needs to go to prison for tax evasion, or he needs to go bankrupt and lose all his money.

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

[quote]Just imagine how black and twisted and bitter he must be at the core.

Kinda like John McCain, no?

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012

When a party has so much contempt for nearly half the electorate... they don't deserve to win.

And the hypocrisy, given the massive "gifts" Romney was promising to his own donors...

by Anonymousreply 2511/16/2012

I'm still waitin' on that pony, Barack!!

by Anonymousreply 2611/16/2012

R3 you got a shitty gift bag! I got a free iphone, an EBT card with $500 on it (can't WAIT to hit the liquor store with that!), an 1/8 of an ounce of marijuana and a coupon booklet from Planned Parenthood--half off my next 10 abortions and free birth control for a year!

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

"Just imagine how black and twisted and bitter he must be at the core."

That's the trifecta that will make him eligible for a carton of Newport cigarettes, antidepressants via Obamacare and the full DVD set of 'Leave It To Beaver' with a set of June Cleaver clutch pearls thrown in.

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

"Just imagine how black and twisted and bitter he must be at the core."

Press the secret button on his garage elevator and you are whisked to a secret underground cellar where Mitt, draped in black velvet robes (with name badge), sits on a huge golden throne, holding the leashes of dozens of crisp-shirted, modestly-dressed Mormon missionaries...while his boys laugh evilly and sip black coffee...

Ann rides around on the back of the maid, doing dressage with ease, pausing only to nail Irish-setter puppies to the roofs of the automobiles...

by Anonymousreply 2911/16/2012

[quote]It's a proven political strategy, which is give a bunch of money to a group and, guess what, they'll vote for you.

NO, clearly this is a glitch in the audio. What Mittens meant to say is,

It's a proven political strategy, which is give a bunch of money to a group and, guess what, they'll [italic][bold]rig the vote[/bold][/italic] for you.

by Anonymousreply 3011/16/2012

I really love the pony that was delivered to me today, courtesy of the POTUS. Thank you also Mr. President for the watch.

by Anonymousreply 3111/16/2012

I LOVE how he equates household incomes of $30,000 with minorities. As if they aren't swaths of white households in all of those Red States who voted for him making $30,000 or less.

Mitt Romeny's straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain, mother fuck him and John Wayne.

- Public Enemy

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2012

I love R3 (mine was organic dog food) and even more I love how stupid Mittens (still) is. I hope this free association idiocy of his continues.

by Anonymousreply 3311/16/2012

So true, R32. All those poor white folks in the south and the Dakotas, (half on some kind of public assistance I might add).

by Anonymousreply 3411/16/2012

[quote]I LOVE how he equates household incomes of $30,000 with minorities.

There are a LOT of people who are working FULL TIME at VERY WELL KNOWN companies who only make this much money. And MOST of them vote rethug.

I still don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 3511/16/2012

Incredible.

[quote]And of course he [Bill Clinton] also said that when he was watching Ann speak at the Republican convention, he decided he was tempted to join the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 3611/16/2012

Well, R27, my gift bag was even MORE amazing: I got the weed, the free abortions AND Obama agreed to send one of his appointed SCOTUS judges to marry my husband and me.

by Anonymousreply 3711/16/2012

Mitt's right. We all got gifts: He lost.

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2012

Mine was weed, a copy of the Qu'ran, a collectible copy of his original Kenyan birth certificate, and a personally inscribed copy of Das Kapital.

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2012

R36, it sounds like Romney is just making things up again.

Bill Clinton was considering becoming a Republican after hearing Ann speak? What the hell is he talking about?

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2012

[quote]And of course he [Bill Clinton] also said that when he was watching Ann speak at the Republican convention, he decided he was tempted to join the Republican Party.

Romney's such a sucker. I have no doubt Clinton said this to be nice.

No one with even a modicum of intelligence listened to that speech and thought it wasn't patronizing bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 4111/16/2012

Rmoney's not used to being bullshitted by a professional! LOL! He's used to DOING the bullshitting.

by Anonymousreply 4211/16/2012

"It's a proven political strategy, which is give a bunch of money to a group and, guess what, they'll vote for you."

so true, when the 'group' is Repugnantcan'ts and 'you' is corporations' best interests

by Anonymousreply 4311/16/2012

There's seriously something wrong with Romney. Others have said autism and that might be it, since he clearly can't distinguish obvious platitudes, flattery and polite niceties from genuine praise and enthusiastic compliments.

by Anonymousreply 4411/16/2012

It was when Ann pulled a Sharon Stone on Clinton when she was sitting across from him at some political function. She had a fresh Brazilian.

by Anonymousreply 4511/16/2012

thanks, R45. That's a visual I did NOT need.

by Anonymousreply 4611/16/2012

Here you go R46.

by Anonymousreply 4711/16/2012

First of all where does this fucker get the idea that "Obamacare" is free. It isn't we are all going to be paying for those who can't afford their own healthcare, which is nothing new. This just shows how delusional Romney and the Republicans are. They live in a fantasy world where their lies and delusions are reality and reality is myth. The truly sad thing is that there are enough morons in this country who are willing to believe the lies and almost elect pricks like this. Up next Santorum. We only have four years to try and stop that shits run for President.

by Anonymousreply 4811/16/2012

I got a $50 gift certificate to Sh! It's a Wig.

by Anonymousreply 4911/16/2012

Heh heh. The Republicans did it again!

by Anonymousreply 5011/16/2012

Isn't it simply that Obama enacted policies that appealed to certain groups and not to others. Obviously those people were going to vote for him for THAT reason and not because they were given gifts.

by Anonymousreply 5111/16/2012

Why doesn't he stop talking and go get a job?

by Anonymousreply 5211/16/2012

r44 is so right.

by Anonymousreply 5311/16/2012

Going along with R44's thinking, not only does Mitt not recognize polite social chat for what it is, he takes it a step further with a childish zeal and runs to his donors with an "...even Clinton said so!" hoping to be absolved of responsibility for his own failings. "Sandy did it, even Bill said so!" I can picture him stamping his little feet. He doesn't even have the self-awareness to recognize that private conversations aren't good for larger consumption.

Most of these men are sophisticated enough to know the Clinton MO. They've been to these rodeos before. And they secretly wish he was a Republican. These are the people Mitt was saying these things to.

I'm sure Mitt received the platitudes he wished to hear during and after the conference call, only he probably didn't recognize them for what they were.

by Anonymousreply 5411/17/2012

brain functions at a pre-school level on issues like that.

by Anonymousreply 5511/17/2012

To think that this idiot would still be in Mexico probably trying to illegally cross the border if not for the "gift" that U.S. government gave his daddy of letting him come to this country and pay for his cost of living until they got on their feet.

Send this ingrate back to Mexico!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5611/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.