Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why didn't Freddie Mercury get his teeth fixed?

God knows he had the money. The overbite couldnt be overlooked. He was at least partially hot othewise.

by Anonymousreply 4503/06/2014

His vocal range went from bass low F to an astounding (yes I said astounding) soprano high F. He felt he would have lost the higher end of his vocal range if he got his teeth fixed.

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2012

Because he believed that if he got his teeth corrected, it would permanently alter his voice which was his livelihood.

He was always insecure about his teeth, but didn't want to jeopardize his voice by getting them fixed.

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2012

As a vocalist, I know that tongue placement behind the teeth will certainly aid in resonance and volume, but I never heard of it effecting pitch. .. A new one on me. .. Could someone knowledgeable give me valid information regarding this?

by Anonymousreply 311/15/2012

Please don't do that R4

by Anonymousreply 511/15/2012

Yikes, I bet those choppers really shredded up some cocks!!!

by Anonymousreply 611/15/2012

I reached bottom. Fuck you R5.

by Anonymousreply 711/15/2012

He was British and wanted to fit in with his peers.

by Anonymousreply 811/15/2012

(R3) It has to do with the basic structure of the jaw and the roof of the mouth. Clearly Freddy's mouth/jaw area was set up to be a powerful resonance chamber. Any sort of alteration of that area could very much affect the sound.

It would be the same if you changed the structure of a building. The acoustics would change.

by Anonymousreply 911/16/2012

Having a gleaming set of horse teeth has not always been usual. Many older stars had bad teeth. Imagine trying to put a bit into Jessica's Biel's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 1111/17/2012

I cannot believe how dumb this thread is.

by Anonymousreply 1211/17/2012

Guys must have liked the way he sucked dick.

by Anonymousreply 1311/17/2012

We need some pics of said teeth.

by Anonymousreply 1411/17/2012

occasionally he could look hawt, but most of the time his teefs made him fug.

by Anonymousreply 1511/17/2012

Why doesn't Michel Strahan get his gap fixed, can't he afford the dentist?

by Anonymousreply 1611/17/2012

This thread was cracking me up, but I lost it at R14's link when I saw a picture of Jennifer Love Hewitt in a sea of Freddie Mercury pics.

by Anonymousreply 1711/17/2012

In the picture of him as a boy in his school jacket, he looks like he is wearing wax candy teeth.

by Anonymousreply 1811/17/2012

He was hot even with the overbite and his huge cock distracted from that anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1911/17/2012

Isn't this the same reason Barbra gave for not getting a nose job?

by Anonymousreply 2011/17/2012

Mercury had a really unique and rare vocal range and so I think he must have known what he was doing in regards to not obtaining orthodontic work.

He was actually a rather handsome man if you look past the teeth.

Who comes close to Mercury vocally? I would dare say Adam Lambert (who has worked with Queen) and Mika but I can't think of anyone else offhand.

by Anonymousreply 2111/17/2012

Well, happy to see R4/R7 recovered fom his funk enough to comment in the "Sexiest Man" thread.

by Anonymousreply 2211/17/2012

I'm glad we're talking about Freddie even though the title of this thread is about his teeth.

For a dead guy he's been pretty active lately :) Barcelona album was reissued recently, newly orchestrated version.

by Anonymousreply 2311/17/2012

It most definitely could have affected his extraordinary vocal production.

by Anonymousreply 2411/17/2012

R16 along with Madonna and Jewell. I totes agree all 3 need it fixed-a front gap does NOT give your look character or charm. It's just unattractive.

R20 no I think Barbra didn't get her nose fixed so she'd have an excuse not to suck dick as she could say her nose got in the way.

by Anonymousreply 2511/17/2012

fucked up teeth really turn me's a dealbreaker for me

by Anonymousreply 2611/18/2012

What the fuck is wrong with his teeth? They look fine to me. Ramona.

by Anonymousreply 2711/18/2012

BTW, has anyone read his partner Jim Hutton's memoir, Mercury and Me?

I got the impression Freddie treated Jim rather shabbily. In his will, he left him only 500,000 pounds, which is the same amount he left his chef, FFS.

Was it self-loathing that led him to pretend Mary whatshername was his 'real' partner, by leaving her the bulk of his estate?

by Anonymousreply 2912/14/2012

I always found his "look" sexy. Some guys look good with an overbite.

by Anonymousreply 3012/14/2012

in Britain it´s against the law

by Anonymousreply 3112/14/2012

R29 I read Jim Hutton's book and it was horribly written. I'm not sure that Freddie treated Jim that badly. He also bought him a house in Ireland. I know that it's far from what Mary got but Freddie always mentioned that she was his closest friend and the only person he trusted.

Freddie's chef was also his ex boyfriend and one of his closest friends. His name was Joe Fanelli.

by Anonymousreply 3212/22/2012

I just recently saw a television interview with Freddie and he kept on licking his teeth and lips in a really strange way. It was distracting.

by Anonymousreply 3312/22/2012

I thought his overbite was cute.

by Anonymousreply 3412/22/2012

Thanks R32. That puts his will in a different light, I guess.

I still want to read Jim's book though, even if it is badly written.

Freddie was such a private person that any insight into his life is probably worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 3512/23/2012

Fixing his teeth--straightening them--would have had absolutely zero effect on his voice. It is absurd to think otherwise. They were hideous and he was nuts not to fix them.

by Anonymousreply 3612/23/2012

I saw the FM documentary on Logo the other night, and Jim Hutton's teeth were almost as fucked-up as Sugar Bear's. A shame, because he was a hot older dude aside from that.

by Anonymousreply 3712/23/2012

Hey R29/35, R32 here. I downloaded Jim Hutton's book from a russian site few years ago. Maybe you can still find it somewhere. The book is more about Jim than Freddie. There are also several interviews with him on youtube. Jim died about two years ago of lung cancer.

I don't know if you're a Queen fan or just want to know more about Freddie but there are many, many books about him. You should definitely avoid Rick Sky's book FM:The Show Must Go On, and Lesley Ann Jones' books are also full of mistakes.

Freddie's personal assistant and friend Peter (Phoebe) Freestone wrote two books about Freddie and in many fans' opinions they are better and more respectful than Jim's book. Phoebe also answers fans' questions on this site (link below).

If you're interested in the band, my favorite book is Queen: The Early Years by Mark Hodkinson.

I don't know what is going on with that film about Freddie with Sacha Baron Cohen, but I'm not too hopeful that it's going to be good. But you never know, maybe they'll surprise us.

And about Freddie's relationship with Jim and Mary, who knows what the truth is and who was fair to whom. I think it was quite clear that Jim and Mary weren't too fond of each other. But I guess Freddie had his reasons for doing what he did.

by Anonymousreply 3812/23/2012

(R36) and you know this how?

Are you a professional singer? Have you studied singing? Do you know anything about it?

Or are you ENT who knows about jaw and tooth structure and how it affects vocal production?

Nope, didn't think so.

I think he lived a pretty fantastic life and probably had all the sexual attention he ever wanted.

Can you say the same?

by Anonymousreply 3912/23/2012

He was the epitome of bi.

by Anonymousreply 4012/23/2012

Adam Lambert was on Wendy Williams recently and talked about his summer tour with Queen. Wendy asked about the Freddie movie and Adam said Brian & Roger talked about it to Adam but he didn't elaborate on whether they were happy about who was playing Freddie or not.

by Anonymousreply 4112/23/2012

Thanks R38! I will check out the Freestone books.

I am a new fan, just discovering Freddie (Queen were before my time). I find him to be charismatic, handsome and fascinating, teeth and all.

I don't know what's happening with the biopic either, but they'd better get on with it before SBC gets too old. Otherwise I think he'd be a good fit for the part. He looks a lot like Freddie and has the necessary campness and charisma.

by Anonymousreply 4212/23/2012

What overbite?

by Anonymousreply 4312/23/2012

Dear god. What a sad world we live in when people have the time to say really pathetic things like this. Why? The man could sing, had talent, made millions happy. And you talk about his teeth and his ability to give blow jobs. Grow up. Join the world of people who don't make juvenile, assenine comments. Namaste..... Go look up the big words....

by Anonymousreply 4403/06/2014

R44, you do realize which website you're on, right?

by Anonymousreply 4503/06/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!