Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Official Frank Ocean is dating Willy Cartier thread

Continuation from the other thread

tid bits to remember Willy is franks new model boyfriend , two of them probably met when Frank visited Paris to sing at a Karl Lagerfeld.. Based on their twitter and instagram postings something is definitely going on

by Anonymousreply 13611/18/2012

video of willy waiting for frank to wrap up an interview with mtv

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2012

Oh hell to the naw!!!

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2012

Lol, R2

by Anonymousreply 311/15/2012

quite hot actually . lucky frank

by Anonymousreply 411/15/2012

Thank God he's put that Jonah Hill mess behind him.

by Anonymousreply 511/15/2012

but I don't get the trunk pic.

by Anonymousreply 611/15/2012

r8 nobody does

by Anonymousreply 711/15/2012

r5 different black man

by Anonymousreply 811/15/2012

Ocean won't even come out as gay.

by Anonymousreply 911/15/2012

r9 maybe he is not a label kinda person ?

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2012

They're so cute, but he (Willy) seems like a little star fucker. He was once photographed with Kanye West a year ago and some other celebs. Frank seems like the type of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve, so I hope he's careful. Frank, being the hopeless romantic that he is, probably think this guy is actually into him. He's trying to get put on by someone famous.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012

OK, I know that they are definitely doing some kind of shoot, photo or video using Frank's apartment. Nabil Elderkin posted pics today on Instagram from Franks place that had a crew and Willy in them. Frank is also shooting a spread for Junk Magazine's inaugural issue, so this may be his shoot at his place using Willy., so maybe that's why the artsy trunk pic. I do think they are totally seeing each other though since Frank hardly ever goes to events and he shows up with Willy at this very public GQ party. Plus he gave an interview there which he never does, so maybe he is finally like "fuck it", I'm just going to live my life and not care what anybody says. Willy, for his part has been tweeting and retweeting pics and suggestive tweets from followers suggesting the two are together. Obviously they both know what's being said about them and haven't done anything to dispell the rumors. Could be a publicity stunt, but I don't think so. Willy tweeted a pic from Franks place a little while ago with the caption "I been loving you too long". They definitely know what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2012

Willy's mother is half-Vietnamese half-Senegalese, and his father is French. The only good thing that came out of evil European colonialism is ethnic mixing.

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012

[quote] Willy's mother is half-Vietnamese half-Senegalese, and his father is French. The only good thing that came out of evil European colonialism is ethnic mixing.

Now that's a surprise. I was just looking through his google images, and I would have sworn up and down that he's Native American. Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1511/15/2012

It's nice Frank is out with a bf...I wonder how long this lasts. I have a feeling not too long lol

by Anonymousreply 1711/15/2012

He looks like Margaret Hamilton's brother.

by Anonymousreply 1811/15/2012

I'm totally not jealous.

by Anonymousreply 1911/15/2012

Willy is hot, but I don't trust him either.

by Anonymousreply 2011/15/2012

He is going back to Paris now. So disappointing! We wont get more flirty instagrams and tweets for a while I guess :( :( :(

by Anonymousreply 2111/15/2012

[R21], yes it will be interesting to see how soon he comes back. Someone here or on some other site said they met at Karl Lagerfeld's party, but actually Willy was in L.A. since before Halloween and was supposed to leave on the 11th. It doesn't seem like he knew Frank before a few days ago when he started working with Nabil. He did a lot of hanging out with his female friend Aria Crescendo and I can't really tell if they were romantic or not, but she refers to him as "my love" in pics on her twitter and they partied and hung out every day. It seems like they stopped hanging out after he started hanging with Frank and she posted alot of sub-tweets (though not sure they were directed at him, like "if they don't chase you when you walk away, keep walking", "if someone wants to be a part of your life, they'll make an effort to be in it. "Don't bother reserving a space in your heart for someone that doesn't make an effort to stay", "note to self "Don't worry, if it's supposed to happen, it will", etc. He was tweeting about being so excited to see her before he got to L.A., and they did hang out a lot before several days ago.

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

r10 = Idiot

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

Interesting with Aria Crescendo. Or disturbing, both if he's bi and that he changes love interests with that speed... Frank deleted the last pic of Willy, in the trunk. I wonder why. The whole world had already seen it and commented on it. Hope he he suddenly isn't ashamed. there were a lot of comments on homosexuality. But that's unavoidable I think. At least for the time being people. People are so interested in him. Most of them were really nice comments. How cute they looked. Not hate comments, just about the issue a lot. which I understand can be bothering but it is really a pity if he let that stop him from doing want he wants.

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012

I think he might have belatedly realized his license plate number was visible. Someone commented on it and I thought the same when I saw the pic. It's already out there now, but people have to search for it instead of seeing it right on his Instagram. He probably just read the hundreds of comments today. Another interesting thing I noticed was that Michael Uzowuru, Franks friend started following both Aria and Willy but they don't follow him and neither does anyone else in OF. I wonder if he's being protective and peeped the Aria/Willy relationship too because it doesn't seem like he met them or knows them. It seems like only Nabil has been around Willy and Frank so far.

by Anonymousreply 2511/16/2012

That's right about the license plate. didn't think about that. If Uzowuru follows Willy and Aria I would think this means they were never a real couple, just friends. and that Frank is friendly with Aria as well. Willy follows Frank on both twitter and Instagram and Frank follows Willy on Insta. :)

by Anonymousreply 2611/16/2012

It annoys me so much that Frank's paramour is white.

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

He's working at the pyramids tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

Who are these people and why should I care?

by Anonymousreply 2911/16/2012

I wonder if Willy wears his long hair down while Frank fucks him? Don't ask me why I wonder these things.

Obviously Willy is the bottom, and has probably sampled both Frank Ocean's as well as Kanye's dicks.

Do you think they dress him up like a woman when they fuck him? Or make him wear women's underwear? LOL.

This picture really makes me think of Willy as totally androgynous, hence the pondering...

by Anonymousreply 3011/16/2012

Another picture of Willy. I have to say I'm surprised he's a model. I don't find him all that attractive.

by Anonymousreply 3111/16/2012

No, they are just friends.

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2012

R4, 90% of the time when I click on those links I don't find the guy to be attractive but I think this guy is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 3311/16/2012

Yes, R32. I TOTALLY agree. Friends!

by Anonymousreply 3411/16/2012

So much chemistry ! I like them as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 3511/16/2012

From Aria Crescendo's instagram it really looks like she and Willy is an item. (OH NO!!) She talks about my love etc all the time :(

by Anonymousreply 3611/16/2012

They could be just friends, but they know what's being implied by the suggestive tweets and Instagram pics, so I think they are getting the reaction that they want even if they aren't an item. You know what they say, "there's no such thing as bad publicity". I think with Frank taking him to party really cemented the speculation since Frank doesn't really party and to take Willy and none of his really good friends is even more suggestive. They could have easily showed up separately and no-one would've known they were together, but for Willy ti essentially walk the carpet with Frank and Frank made a point of giving an interview with Willy standing there; I'm just saying he knows what he's doing and implying if they aren't together.

As far as Aria,I was saying hat yes they seemed almost couplish until about the 11th when he started hanging with Nabil and Frank. That's when all her subtweeted Instagram pictures started and actual pictures with Willy stopped Someone asked her on Insta why she was so sad and she said she was just disappointed in a certain someone. She ddn't tweet any goodbye pics with Willy either. I think Michael Uzowuru is curious like the rest of us, because Willy and Aria don't follow him and Aria doesn't follow Frank. She's a singer/songwriter so you'd think if she actually had met Frank or Michael (a producer), she'd follow Frank anf follow Michael back.

by Anonymousreply 3711/16/2012

As always, love your analyses! And that you check everybody's twitter, insta etc even more Sherlock Holmies than me ;)

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2012

[R38]LOL. Very few people interest me enough, but I really like Frank Ocean and not in a sexual way at all. Really want to see him happy and in love with someone publicly. I think it's good for all of us in the entertainment industry. Plus, I hate stupid regurgitated gossip without any fact checking. Like the fact that Frank and Willy were definitely working on something together, but that doesn't explain the fast friendship and near-date to the GQ awards or the pics Frank posted and Willy's suggestive tweets. A pic from Nabil at Frank's place yesterday is below:

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2012

[39] Same here! :) Been totally fixated with Frank Ocean since he came out, both because of his music and because I knew about and loved OF before that as well. And I was so happy when someone with cred in hip hop R&B who is so talented and really has an artistic integrity has this fantastic courage to come out, and especially in such a way. Everyone else coming out has a pr crew behind them but Frank did it on his own, because he had to and also wrote about his own heartache in the process. Which is totally unique. No one has shown their vulnerability before when coming out. Everyone always says 'I am loved' bla bla my life is perfect as you have to prove you can be happy even if you're gay. That's what's so unique with Frank Ocean in my opinion. He is is a fantastic artist and as such he doesn't need to prove he is perfect, he dares to be his imperfect self, even as a gay man.

And I also just want him to be happy and find a beautiful and interesting boyfriend :). That's why my fixation with this Willy (hopefully) romance.

p.s. How do you link to another datalounge reply in you post?

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2012

Well it's made the Gossip sites. Global Grind, Media Takeout, Gossip On This and SOHH are running with the story with no new details, just relying on us in gossip blogs. Except one site said Willy (actually Willy Leservot)is only 18. That's a surprise since he looks older, but all of Frank's friends besides Nabil are really young. If they were just poking at publicity and being coy, well they sure are getting it two days late. Sure more Gossip rags will follow.

by Anonymousreply 4111/16/2012

No he is at least 20. The 18 information comes from a fictional text where his photo is used as a character description. I found a video from 2010 where he says he is 20.

by Anonymousreply 4211/16/2012

Now I too have checked Arias twitter.. she seems really heartbroken :-/ or :)

by Anonymousreply 4311/16/2012

So hes basically dating a chick with a dick?

by Anonymousreply 4411/16/2012

[R40], I figured out that you just use the actual [] symbols and put the reply number you're replying to in between like R40. Wracked my brain figuring that out one day. Glad someone else like Frank as much as I do.

by Anonymousreply 4511/16/2012

ok, trying

[R45] LOL

by Anonymousreply 4611/16/2012

[R46], it worked, LOL. Anyway, I hope all this new publicity doesn't make Frank retreat back into his shell. It seems like he'll poke his head out sometimes, get praise or publicity or whatever, then decide it's too much and run for shelter again. I hope he's finally getting comfortable being out whether he's dating Willy or not.

I'm going to sign my posts Dani now since everyone is Anonymous, LOl

by Anonymousreply 4711/16/2012

Media take out is writing Willy C is openly gay, but it seems like they don't know more than we.

But what really got me upset is when they write: it's kinda WEIRD to see an R&B singer out and about with his boyfriend, but we guess it's BETTER THAN THE DOWNLOW ALTERNATIVE.

I find that offensive. At last a black openly gay artist can bring his super model date to an opening like all the other straight rock stars done for ages. At last we have come this far!

by Anonymousreply 4811/16/2012

[R47] LOL, thanks, the I can keep track of your posts even easier :)

I will also start signing my posts with Hmmmmmmm

Wrote the last one [R48] without signing

by Anonymousreply 4911/16/2012

[R48] MediaTakeOut is the worst. They lie worst than the National Enquirer. Quote facts that they don't have and always pretend to have an "exclusive" story that everyone else has. They do no research at all. And are sooo homophobic as are most black gossip sites. It's just a big part of our culture unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 5011/16/2012

I purposefully avoid MediaTakeOut at all costs because of the homophobia (in addition to the lies and muckraking).

by Anonymousreply 5111/16/2012

[50] happy to have found you here. Are following the Frank Ocean fan tumblr blogs as well to keep me updated on all the new FO gossip, but they are so homophobic and try to convince themselves he is straight so they never come to really interesting conclusions because they can't read between the lines, or refuse to.

Everythinfrank0cean.tumblr which posts ALL new photos of Frank, hasn't posted anything about Willy after she realized they could be more than friends :) Love this. what do the fan girls think? Someone comes out as gay even though he is in reality straight and it was just a platonic one time crush?

by Anonymousreply 5211/16/2012

guys you don't need to include the brackets lol just R and the # of the post you're referring to will link it :)

I think it may take time but in the future we'll see more out gay black males in the entertainment industry who aren't all queens. Frank might not have immediate impact on future recording acts but he's making a difference for sure.

by Anonymousreply 5311/16/2012

R52 Oh my God Hmmmm. we think alike. I was just going to post that all his follower tumblr's have completely ignored the Willy story, and they post everything about him over and over. Reposted those Rihanna pics ad nauseum. yes Everythingfrank0cean and Shesbadbusiness have even neglected to post the interview, I guess because Willy is in the background. Fangirls see what they want to see, LOL. Thank you R53

by Anonymousreply 5411/16/2012

They are a hot couple! Love Frank's music.

by Anonymousreply 5511/16/2012

Willy Cartier, depending on the pic, is both beautiful and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 5611/16/2012

[quote]I wonder if Willy wears his long hair down while Frank fucks him? Don't ask me why I wonder these things.

Frank is a bottom, count on it.

by Anonymousreply 5711/16/2012

R52, Frank's so clever as well. I liked that he posted on Twitter today, seemingly ignoring the chatter, but at least not shying away from it. He on several occasions posts "memento mori" which translated mean "remember you mortality", but it's also a Japanese film about two schoolgirls in a lesbian relationship. He loves the Japanese culture and I think he's referring to this movie that he likes. He does that alot with song lyrics that he's listening to.

by Anonymousreply 5811/16/2012

R54 LOL :)

by Anonymousreply 5911/16/2012

Naw, they are just platonic friends. Just dudes chillin....

by Anonymousreply 6011/16/2012

R58 ok, interesting. didn't know that

by Anonymousreply 6111/16/2012

I think this Frank Ocean is an attention-seeking douchebag. He's always posting shit on Twitter and Insta knowing good and well the reaction he's going to get. He posts a picture of himself half naked, then takes it down AFTER he's gotten so many comments. Then does the same with this most recent picture.

by Anonymousreply 6211/16/2012

R62 Sorry you feel that way. If I were you, I wouldn't read another word posted about him. Wouldn't give him enough attention to know that he posts half-naked pics then deletes them. Seems like you're just giving him the attention you think he seeks.

by Anonymousreply 6311/16/2012

Bossip has a better text about it all:

'We all know Frank Ocean can be very subliminal with his messages, but we can’t help but think this is his “special” way of letting us all know this is his new boyfriend, get used to it.'

Willy C is really extremely beautiful

by Anonymousreply 6411/16/2012

Willy Cartier's model friend Shaund Ross tweets Frank isn't dating W.

by Anonymousreply 6511/16/2012

Thanks Hmmmm. Gawker has a better piece on it also.

by Anonymousreply 6611/16/2012

You are good Hmmm. I saw ShaundRoss's posts this morning as well, but honestly how would he know. He doesn't even live in L.A. I doubt Willy called him to tell him what's going on one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 6711/16/2012

Besides, either one could simply post a tweet, "it's not true" and that would end it. Thy haven't confirmed or denied it, so the speculation continues.

by Anonymousreply 6811/16/2012

Hope you're right. Maybe he went to LA and got 'converted' by Frank. :) Watched a fashion shoot video with both Willy and Shaund Ross and got the feeling Ross is gay. So why would he deny it. But on the other hand, why not?

by Anonymousreply 6911/16/2012

R68 yes both F and W know this fuels the speculation and they seem to want that.. or at least don't mind

by Anonymousreply 7011/16/2012

Shun D Ross is definitely gay, but when someone asked "Is Willy even gay"" he didn't answer back. I know they're friends and have worked together, but that doesn't mean they're close and that Willy would run to him with this. Just saying, he's got more to say about it than Willy does. Seems like he just wants it known that he know Willy, but he's as clueless as the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 7111/16/2012

R71 :)

by Anonymousreply 7211/16/2012

[quote] Willy Cartier, depending on the pic, is both beautiful and ugly.

He's beautifugly!

Oh, and I don't believe for one minute that Frank is a bottom. In this relationship, that would seem a little off that the more feminine looking guy is the top, and the "thuggish" guy is the bottom.

Then again, stranger things have happened.

by Anonymousreply 7311/16/2012

A couple of fuggos. Next!

by Anonymousreply 7411/16/2012

R73, isn't it hot to see a "thug" being punished?

by Anonymousreply 7511/16/2012

Please check out my reply r247 on this thread from July when Frank came out in the album notes

by Anonymousreply 7611/16/2012

R76, well I hope you're right and this is the real thing. It's one thing to say you were in love with another man without actually saying you're gay, even though we know he is. It's another to be brave enough to step out with a love interest. In the RnB/Hip Hop music world, of course it's met with shock because it's never been seen before. The more people get used to seeing it, hopefully the less shocking it will be. I hope Frank really is brave enough to stop hiding. I think he is.

by Anonymousreply 7711/16/2012

What exactly is "thuggish" about Frank? What a lazy and offensive stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 7811/16/2012

[quote]Oh, and I don't believe for one minute that Frank is a bottom.

Gurl bye.

by Anonymousreply 7911/16/2012

Aria Crescendo hasn't tweeted anything all day but she just posted this video on her page. She is a sub-tweeting fool. I would think it's directed at Willy since I'm sure she's heard all the stories today.

by Anonymousreply 8011/16/2012

Omg, Frank Ocean fan gurls are soooooo delusional!

by Anonymousreply 8111/16/2012

Haha, yeah fangurls are crying tonight. Half think he isn't gay or bi, and he just randomly fell in love with some dude. Or, they say stupid things like, "he's not gay, he's bi", as if "yeah, I know he's got this one thing wrong with him, but he still likes girls, so he's ok." They don't even realize how offensive that is. All the fangurl blogs are silent on Willy Cartier though, praying that this is not true.

by Anonymousreply 8211/17/2012

I'll have to side with Jill Scott on this one.

by Anonymousreply 8311/17/2012

Oh Dani, I was referring to posters like you on this very thread.... Sorry :)

by Anonymousreply 8411/17/2012

WHAT DID JIl scott say

by Anonymousreply 8511/17/2012

But he is bi. He's dating a girl with a penis!

by Anonymousreply 8611/17/2012

r86 - that was equally hilarious when you said it at r44.

by Anonymousreply 8711/17/2012

He is bi. He definitely doesn't view himself as gay, just like millions of dude who are into dudes.

by Anonymousreply 8911/17/2012

R71, So Hmmmmmmm, I think I was right about Aria Crescendo. You see she called out Willy on twitter this morning?

by Anonymousreply 9011/17/2012

R90 Yes she did!!! Can't believe it. I didn't notice that twitter. Thank you. she must be mad..

by Anonymousreply 9111/17/2012

So Willy is probably bi. or bi curious. This makes me worried. Is he just flattered by Frank's attention? But he acts really interested. But what do I know :-/

by Anonymousreply 9211/17/2012

She poses with different guys and then the Kiss my ass photo...

by Anonymousreply 9311/17/2012

Gurl, these star fuckers are getting out of control.

by Anonymousreply 9411/17/2012

R93, Yes, she's pissed. Maybe she liked him but he didn't like her in the same way and never told her. That's why I said the other friend Shaun probably knows nothing. He was here in L.A. with Aria and she seems blindsided. Did you see this pic Nabil posted? It's Frank and Willy in the car.

by Anonymousreply 9511/17/2012

What's with these singers and musicians always dating - *snicker* - supermodels...

by Anonymousreply 9611/17/2012

R95 you sure? Seems like it. The same BMW isn't it? I wonder if they're shooting a music video with Frank and Willy as some kind of couple. That would be brave. and fantastic

by Anonymousreply 9711/17/2012

R96 Well at least Willy's got a job. I read he get's paid really, really well and has places in Paris and a flat in Soho. Anyway, before Frank became "Frank Ocean", he couldn't have pulled Willy Cartier. But then again, could most celebs have pulled their significant others before they became famous? Call it a perk of the business

by Anonymousreply 9811/17/2012

R95 You're a real sherlock!

by Anonymousreply 9911/17/2012

R97 it's probably from the other day. Someone posted on twitter the other day that they walked by a Frank Ocean video shoot the other day and didn't realize what it was. This could be just a candid of them in the car though. Nabil is almost just snapping random pics.

by Anonymousreply 10011/17/2012

R99 LOL!

by Anonymousreply 10111/17/2012

I am happy their friends and x-girlfriends feed us with information even though they themselves are on different continents :) This is taking too much of my time! Can't stop following this thread!

Have you seen if the Frank interview in French magazine Snatch has been translated somewhere? Haven't been able to find it online. Maybe I have to go to France :)

by Anonymousreply 10211/17/2012

R99 Oh yeah, that shirt Willy's been wearing, it's Frank's. Thought I'd seen it before.

by Anonymousreply 10311/17/2012

R102 No I looked for that interview and never found it. Made me think it was just an article and not an interview at all.

by Anonymousreply 10411/17/2012

Is Frank a top or bottom...or does it depend on his trick?

I'd say he bottoms for black guys normally, and would top skinny dudes like Willy....

by Anonymousreply 10511/17/2012

[quote]Anyway, before Frank became "Frank Ocean", he couldn't have pulled Willy Cartier.

Willy may make a lot money, but he aint all of that in looks department. His pussy is probably not even that good. Its more like Frank couldn't have pulled him because he isn't black too. Let's be real people!

Anyway, Frank is going to have a meltdown when he comes to his senses and realizes that this guy is using him for a come up. This shit is all over MTV news now. Frank looks like he will beat a bitch, so this isnt going to go down well!

And please dont get me started on that Aria bitch. Im not even going to entertain that!

by Anonymousreply 10611/17/2012

R103 cute ;)

R104 yeah maybe, but Frank did a special photo shoot for it. Like he did for the Guardian interview. But if it was an interview you would think some american site would have translated it immediately. so it probably wasn't. pity.

by Anonymousreply 10711/17/2012

R107 Actually Nabil took that photo of Frank a couple of years ago. I think Snatch just bought the image.

by Anonymousreply 10811/17/2012

R108. OK

by Anonymousreply 10911/17/2012

R106 I like that Willy has gone quiet on it right now. At first I thought he was milking it for publicity, which he may be, but I think Frank is smart enough to identify a user. I hope so anyway. At least Willy seems to have a pretty successful life outside of Frank. And yes, I saw that MTV picked up the story. I need TMZ to pick it up, because they get to the bottom of shit and actually investigate.

by Anonymousreply 11011/17/2012

Yes it's like Willy didn't understand that this would be world news in a second. Did MTV do anything besides running the story?

by Anonymousreply 11111/17/2012

Am I the only person who read the name as "Willa Cather"?

by Anonymousreply 11211/17/2012

R111 No MTV just ran it, but they seem a little more careful than just repeating idol gossip, so maybe there is something to it.

by Anonymousreply 11311/17/2012

You go wigga gurl.

by Anonymousreply 11411/17/2012

I'm a new fan, Dani & Hmmmmm, thanks for all the info.

by Anonymousreply 11511/17/2012

R115 : ) You're welcomed.

by Anonymousreply 11611/17/2012

R115 : )

by Anonymousreply 11711/17/2012

Frank posts new pic with man hands but it's not Willy's :(

by Anonymousreply 11811/17/2012

Frank seems to like the visual of a man's hands and forearms. Me too!

by Anonymousreply 11911/17/2012

R118 Could be Nabil's hands. He's really into photography now. I wonder if this has something to do with the Junk Magazine spread he's shooting?

by Anonymousreply 12011/17/2012

Willy tweeted about a film premiere he was at that he has a part in. Didn't mention anything about the Frank dating issue.

by Anonymousreply 12111/17/2012

R120 yeah probably nabil's

What's this Junk mag?

by Anonymousreply 12211/17/2012

R121 Get a feeling they're trying to neutralize the whole thing

by Anonymousreply 12311/17/2012

It's this film. The director has made several films/tv series with gay plot lines and the star of the film has played gay many times. A detail. doesn't mean anything. It's just nice. There are many good French gay film directors at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 12411/17/2012

R124 well I doubt Frank will address it at all. Hel'll just go about his business and let people draw whatever conclusions they want. Willy on the other hand, I'm more impressed by his restraint than anything, because most straight guys would be quick to let it be known that they are most certainly not gay. The fact that he hasn't or doesn't seem to care is maybe telling. I'd like to see who he plays in the film.

by Anonymousreply 12511/17/2012

Is Cartier heir to the famous jeweler's fortune?

by Anonymousreply 12611/17/2012

Awwwe, I knew they were working together. If he is indeed straight, it was a nice fantasy while it lasted : (

by Anonymousreply 12711/17/2012

Frank Ocean just doesn't seem like a genuine person to me. He comes across very smug and condescending in his interviews. And he tweets the most pretentious bullshit I've ever seen. I'm a Morehouse alumni (C/O 2009!) and he reminds of every stuck up black dude I ever encountered when I was an undergrad.

by Anonymousreply 12811/17/2012

R127 :( :( :( Boooooring. I'm depressed now

by Anonymousreply 12911/17/2012

R128 Really? He comes across as awkward to me. In a lovable way. I've seen him live a couple of times and he was clearly nervous at points without artist bravado and an awkward stage presence. I think he's kind of stuck with a foot in a lot of different places, but doesn't seem to fully fit in any of them. Like with Odd Future, while they are his friends, when he's around them he seems childish and immature, but not really because he wants to be, but because with them that's who he is. But they don't seem too involved with the rest of his life. He clearly has no foot in the gay world and seems afraid to embrace it, probably for fear of what his friends might think. Around Nabil or Kelly, he seems more adult and mature. He's sorta like half man, half boy. Wants to be half gay and half straight. Seems like he's stuck not fully embracing being the huge star he could be, with wanting to be normal and anonymous again. I really like him and his music though.

by Anonymousreply 13011/17/2012

R129 Cheer up Hmmmmmmm. we don't know that something is not going on. Aria clearly knew he was working with Frank and she's still pissed because obviously he ditched her. And, why take him to the GQ party? Nabil is his very good friend, a photographer and videopgrapher, so it would have been beneficial for him to go with Frank but he didn't. To step out like that when he knew there'd be speculation? I don't know? Read what they said about Shaun on ATRL

by Anonymousreply 13111/17/2012

R131 yeah read that before :) but the hintmag article reads like pr leak to kill the rumors. Not suprised though if he's straight. In the fashion biz you're around gay guys all the time. Even if you're straight you gonna be totally relaxed with gays. Frank could have been interested. Possibly. And W flattered. :( but they look so cute together. The world deserve an interesting couple like them to fantasize about :)

by Anonymousreply 13211/17/2012

r127, its going to take more than that blurb to convince me Willy isnt gay or just gay for pay. How convenient for one of their "mutual friends" to come out and dispel rumors of his gaiety. Gurl please. That's what all these hoes are about today, selling the fantasy that they are straight IRL, but just gay for the client.

by Anonymousreply 13311/17/2012

R122 Hmmmmmmm, Nabil posted this photo of Frank some weeks back, with this caption,"FRANK x EVEREST. For @junk_magazine first issue coming soon .. Photos will be shot by Frank" re: Junk Magazine.

by Anonymousreply 13411/18/2012

Oh yeah Hmmmmmmm, remember my theory on Miguel being Frank's first love since they met before Frank came to L.A., at 19, then became really close "like brothers" once Frank moved here and Miguel had and still has the girlfriend? The pieces fit almost perfectly with Frank's letter. Well in a new Miguel interview in Fader today I ran across this, "(Miguel says he and Frank Ocean, who moved to LA in 2005, were once close, but he would not discuss their relationship on the record.)" I think now that others made this connection, more people will ask him about this now, and Miguel never met an interview he wouldn't do, unlike Frank :). Interesting tidbit, I thought.

by Anonymousreply 13511/18/2012

Haha I just went through all of Nabil's tumblr photos but only looking at the pics so I never read that. :)

Dani I think you're right about Miguel. Very strange about not wanting to discuss it on record. Why I had a hard time believing it is I find Miguel so uninteresting and if I where him I would have considered myself so lucky having Frank wanting me for years. That Miguel turned down Frank Ocean is a mystery to me but he is probably just scared. I can't stand his talk about people believing he is gay and he understands it because he dresses funny. Now he has learned bla bla. I think he is ashamed of who he is and you hear it in his music. No real honesty.

I agree with what you wrote in previous post about Frank having trouble identifying with gays and not being able to show all of himself with the odd future crew. But personally I'm glad that he moved away from the music style and industry that Miguel stands for. I think Odd future is much more interesting both who they do things, trying to making their own kind of music, clothes tv show empire. And you can feel it's from what they want to do. But the likes of Miguel and the way Frank himself worked before OF was much more to just fit into the industry. I think working with OF made him more courageous and that what you see in all his work now, all his attitude towards things. His way of coming out. And to me Odd Future musically is really interesting so I'm glad he's collaborating with them. and it's interesting that a hip hop collective, even though not perfect in any way, are much more eager to embrace gays in their group than you see in other parts of the black music industry. Even when hip hop is so homophobic.

Sidenote. I went through all of his lyrics from the Lonny Breaux collection with the songs Frank wrote mostly for others artists, and two of them has clear references to Dorothy's shoes in Somewhere over the rainbow. I just thought you wouldn't do that if you didn't at least to yourself identify as a gay person. :)

by Anonymousreply 13611/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!