Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I've got a question for those of us who collect SS and have Medicare.

I am HIV+ and can't find a supplemental insurer that helps much with the cost of my medicine. Have any of you faced this problem? How did you resolve the issue? Is there a website for people like me that can help lead me in the right direction?

I've continued working past 70 just to hang on to my health insurance which covers my meds, but now I have to retire and it looks a bit rightful.

Thanks for any help you may share.

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2012

You might qualify for "extra help" OP and I am linking to the area of the Medicare site for that.

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2012

You might qualify for QMB, a state program, which pays your Medicare deductibles. Might free up some of your income so you can purchase your meds.

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!