Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hilary Clinton's Favorite TV Show is a CANADIAN SHOW!!!

Love It or List It!

“I find it very calming” —Hillary Clinton.

In other countries it is also known as

Should I Stay? or Should I Go?

and

Renovate or Relocate?

See link below for Love It or List It trailer

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012

I agree, this is the best thing on HGTV these days.

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2012

But is it suburban?

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2012

Totally agree with Mme Secretary. But not as exciting as "International House Hunters."

by Anonymousreply 311/15/2012

She chose a frau show. Must be gearing up for that 2016 run.

by Anonymousreply 411/15/2012

R4 they have had many Gay and Lesbian couples on that show.

by Anonymousreply 511/15/2012

I agree that the show is very watchable, but I was wondering if anyone knew any details about the logistics of the show. For example how long do the renovations actually take? The way the show is edited they make it look like the renovations happen while the home owners are out for the afternoon seeing houses, while in reality most of the houses are completely gutted in the renovation process which would take months or at least weeks to put back together again. The home owners can't be living in that during the construction process? Also when the home owners decide to list, does David the real estate agent pocket the commission on the sale of their home, i.e. is he their actual real estate agent which may explain why he is always so happy when they decide to list.

by Anonymousreply 611/15/2012

There is some 'criticism' about this show being scripted.

If you watch very closely the homeowners wear the same clothing during the entire show.

I suspect that the tours of the different houses are filmed all in one day.

And the same thing happens with the reno segments. They are set up and a script is followed. Filming is done all in one day.

Obviously the beginning and ending of the show are filmed on different days.

by Anonymousreply 711/15/2012

Hillary stares persistently Christina's bosom!

by Anonymousreply 811/15/2012

BTW Jill Hennessy (Law & Order) is the narrator of Love It or List It

Guess she is scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for work.

by Anonymousreply 911/15/2012

Hillary was pretty anti-Canada when she was elected in NY State. She is trying to soften that for a White House run.

Canada buys more US made merchandise that any other country on the planet and keeping America biggest customer happy, is important economically.

She is trying to subtlety clean up her PR mess from her NY State days.

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2012

I love Hillary and think she's a fantastic designer. But I hate the show.

Of course it's scripted. Every episode follows the same pattern or story arc.

Hillary promises a gorgeous reno. Problems arise. Hillary can't do what she promised. Homeowners get pissed. Reno proceeds. Reno is gorgeous. Homeowners are happy.

David promises to show the homeowners some amazing properties. David shows homeowners one nice places and one dump. Homeowners are disappointed that David isn't listening to their concerns. David shows them one more place that just happens to have everything they want and it's within their price range.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.