Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The 2nd Mr. Witherspoon

That's a hell of a catch. Wow.

You may not like her, but she knows how to choose them.

by Anonymousreply 5008/20/2014

Isn't she known to be extremely racist?

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2012

He's only a catch from a career perspective. Hardly what most would even call mildly attractive.

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2012

Looks like a generic, shady cad from some 1930s gun moll drama.

by Anonymousreply 311/15/2012

and she looks like a frump frau that wandered onto set, r3.

by Anonymousreply 411/15/2012

Not a pretty girl. (Reese, that is, not the hubby).

by Anonymousreply 511/15/2012

Come on... Once you've had Ryan (and in particular, the young Ryan) nothing can even come close.

by Anonymousreply 611/15/2012

He's unattractive, at best.

by Anonymousreply 711/15/2012

what was she thinking with her shoes for the day??? OMG so cheap looking something one of those rap singers or KK would wear

by Anonymousreply 811/15/2012

Sorry, no. Face like a Great Dane.

by Anonymousreply 911/15/2012

Isn't that Herman Munster and his niece Marilyn?

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2012

His shoe appears to be a size 12 . . . maybe 13.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012

He pings to me. Also, his pants are too short.

Those are all posed paparazzi pictures (including the ones further down of Reese on the phone, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2012

He looks fat. And I have also heard that she's racist.

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2012

He looks ridiculous. And of course those are posed photos. How in the world can you think he is good looking, even slightly, when you compare him to Ryan Phillippe? No comparison. He is a frumpy middle- aged jerk. Mt God, look at his haircut and all the product in it! And yes, his pants are too short.

No. Just, no. Why are we bothering with this couple. Totally boring and irrelevant. He has worked his way up to a power position from being Bryan Lourd's assistant for years, then they get together.

Her career is in the ditch. She got lucky. As for what's in it for him? Hard to say. At least he now has a trophy on his arm for social functions. Being married conveys stability, even in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012

Isn't Reese from Tennessee? I'd be surprised if she wasn't racist.

by Anonymousreply 1511/15/2012

I would say that if Reese learned anything from her marriage to Phillipe, it's that marrying for looks is a bad idea.

The proof is in those pictures.

by Anonymousreply 1611/15/2012

Looks like an inbred Brit.

by Anonymousreply 1711/15/2012

Reese Witherspoon is an extremely vocal and violent racist.

by Anonymousreply 1811/15/2012

His pants cuffs are about an inch too high. Is that a thing now?

by Anonymousreply 1911/16/2012

Was Jake devastated Reese got married so soon after they broke up?

by Anonymousreply 2011/16/2012

a catch? maybe for $$$ but not for looks.

by Anonymousreply 2111/16/2012

when you look at the photos of her on the phone, tey look absolutely photoshopped. the outline that forms around her legs, the moire pattern on her back in the profile shot, the way there are some heavy black outlines around her figure, all make me think that the daily mail is making her look fatter than she is. there is something very off about the photos when you look carefully

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

"Reese Witherspoon is an extremely vocal and violent racist."

Violent? What, does she slap the maid?

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

For all that money they are both incredibly dumpy looking.

It also looks like marrying a CAA agent hasn't helped her career much.

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012

Her chin is very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 2511/16/2012

More like she has an eye for a queer guy.

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

I'm not a fan by any means, but she's not a racist.

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

[quote]His pants cuffs are about an inch too high. Is that a thing now?

Yes it is a thing started by American designer Thom Browne and has been seen, at least in NYC, for the past three years.

[quote]“What Thom Browne has done is make our eye adjust to a shorter, smaller silhouette,” said Tommy Fazio, the men’s fashion director at Bergdorf Goodman, where members of the Thom Browne sect go for their seasonal hit, at least those unafraid to pay $4,000 for a suit. “Other designers followed,” Mr. Fazio said, an observation correct as far as it goes. (Viktor & Rolf; Christopher Bailey; Ennio Capasa at Costume National; and Miuccia Prada leap to mind as designers who have showed kiddie-size men’s clothes for years.)

[quote]It is certainly true that many American designers fell under the influence of Mr. Browne and his singular ideas about masculine presentation. Or most of them did, anyway.

[quote]Mr. Browne, the man Brooks Brothers hired to develop a “style for a new generation,” offers clothes that look a lot like those worn by my father four decades ago, when men aimed to look 50 at 20, rather than 20 going on 15.

[quote]Back in the ’80s, when the undervalued genius Paul Reubens began mining cultural anxiety about manhood, he played it mostly for laughs. But there was undoubtedly something prophetic about the adenoidal boy/man Pee-wee Herman as he giggled his way toward a future in which generational distinctions grow fuzzy and we find ourselves parading giddily toward the playhouse dressed up as our child selves in bow ties and knee socks, or else as our fathers doing impersonations of themselves. “I don’t get hung up by the idea of masculinity,” Mr. Browne said. “An idea that is confident always looks masculine.”

by Anonymousreply 2911/16/2012

[quote]what was she thinking with her shoes for the day??? OMG so cheap looking something one of those rap singers or KK would wear

That's a metallic Sergio Rossi Godiva pump. At $495 they are not exactly the most expensive designer shoes but they are incredibly well made and not cheap at all.

by Anonymousreply 3011/16/2012

So r29, it's the fashion-forward look of PeeWee Herman?

VERY masculine indeed.

by Anonymousreply 3111/16/2012

Yes, it actually is R31. Especially in the summer when you get to see the bare anklebones of some really hot guy headed into his big wingtipped feets.

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2012

I think he's attractive except...so cleaned up, it's a little unnerving.

by Anonymousreply 3311/16/2012

R34, as a well-to-do white girl who had what she herself calls a "definitive Southern upbringing" in Tennessee, she's more likely to be a racist (and possibly a homophobe) than not.

by Anonymousreply 3511/16/2012

[quote]You people are childern.

That's cute!

by Anonymousreply 3611/16/2012

Can one of you fashionistas identify Reese's wallet/clutch? It's divine.

by Anonymousreply 3711/16/2012

There was a blind item (CDAN?) mentioning a white US actress from the South who didn't like working with blacks in her films, and when she had to, gave instructions to film crew to limit her contact with them...almost too many people decided that it was Reese.

Maybe new hubby is a racist too? They should have at least one common interest.

I do know that Ryan Philippe is NOT racist.

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2012

Were there limited black roles in RW's films? I've seen Legally Blonde (the black judge) and The Importance of Being Earnest (no blacks in Victorian England) but what about Sweet Home Alabama? Alabama has lots of black people.

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2012

I think the consensus was from that thread that there were not a lot of black people in Reese's movies.

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2012

She endorsed Obama. How could she be a racist! (kidding!)

I don't think Reese is a racist. I just believe she never associated with Blacks.They aren't part of her world, it isn't deliberate or purposeful. I'm sure she would be very very KIND if she ever ran into one.

I think her problem is more along the lines of elitist. She is actually playing the role of a character when she is appealing to the People Magazine demographic. The real Reese isn't the one you see on Leno.

by Anonymousreply 4111/16/2012

I agree with R22. Those photos definitely look altered. The black lines around her form are pretty obvious. They like doing this to Victoria Beckham too. You'll see a shot of her in the DM at a particular event wearing some outfit and her legs will look emaciated and mishapen. Another publication with the very same or the same pose doesn't show it. She looks thin, of course, but not as exaggerated as the DM makes it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 4211/16/2012

[quote]It also looks like marrying a CAA agent hasn't helped her career much.

"You Hollywood guys. All you care about - publicity, DEALS, box office. Why don't you try to understand a woman?"

by Anonymousreply 4311/16/2012

Plus there was that time where she demanded that the confederate flag be flown at all times on the set of "Just Like Heaven".

by Anonymousreply 4411/16/2012

I think their chintastic together!

by Anonymousreply 4511/16/2012

Reese is known to use the n-word quite liberally when she's talking to her family or close friends about black people.

by Anonymousreply 4611/16/2012

He is gay, no way a hot guy like Toth, agent for top clientele would go for a frumpy girl like Witchspoon. She looks dykie as well.

by Anonymousreply 4708/20/2014

They're both drunks

by Anonymousreply 4808/20/2014

For a racist (which everyone knows she is) Witherchin has some good points. She has always publicly backed women and is no Republicunt.

by Anonymousreply 4908/20/2014

Looks as gay as her last one.

by Anonymousreply 5008/20/2014
Need more help? Click Here.