Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fox 19 Homophobic bitch calls Rachel Maddow an 'angry young man'- suspended briefly and now back on the air.

[And judging by the looks of her, she doth protest a bit much... ]

Fox 19 anchor back on the air after suspension for calling Rachel Maddow an 'angry young man' on Facebook

Tricia Macke, an Ohio news anchor for Fox 19, was suspended over disparaging comments she made about the MSNBC host on her personal Facebook page.

A Fox news anchor was back on the air Tuesday night following a 2-day suspension for calling MSNBC host Rachel Maddow an "angry young man" on Facebook.

Tricia Macke, an anchor for Ohio's Fox 19, took to her personal Facebook page last month to rant against the cable news personality, writing "Rachel Maddow is such an angry young man" on Oct. 12.

She was quickly criticized by her Facebook followers, who compared the comment to making racist jokes.

"I am sorry," Macke wrote to one such fan. "I should have said antagonistic."

Commenters then took issue with the fact that the anchor did not acknowledge that her choice of words in calling Maddow a "man" was offensive. [bold] "I knew what I was saying," Macke responded. [/bold]

The exchange, which was since removed from her Facebook page, was captured in screengrabs posted by GLAAD, which launched a petition in partnership with Equality Ohio calling on Fox 19 to condemn Macke's remark.

"Referring to Maddow as a 'man' because she is a gay woman is completely unacceptable for someone in the business of journalism," GLAAD said in a press release last week, putting out a call on Twitter and across the Internet to spread the word.

"Macke owes an apology not only to viewers, but to young people in Ohio who are subjected to unfair bullying and harassment like this on a daily basis," added GLAAD president Herndon Graddick.

Shortly thereafter, Macke was conspicuously absent from her regular broadcast on Sunday night.

She and the station then issued apologies for the incident.

"We have received several expressions of concerns about a recent Facebook posting by FOX19 Anchor Tricia Macke on her personal Facebook page," WXIX Station Management said in a statement "Tricia’s response is provided below and is also posted on her personal Facebook page. We also apologize to anyone who may have been offended by her comments."

"I recently posted comments on my personal Facebook page regarding cable news anchor Rachel Maddow which were insensitive and inappropriate," Macke said in her own statement, posted to her public Facebook account. "I apologize to Ms. Maddow and any others who may have been offended by my comments, as they do not reflect my firm beliefs in individual and equal rights, and they certainly do not represent the opinions or position of my employer WXIX-TV."

Macke, who has been at Fox 19 since 1992, returned to her on-air seat on Tuesday night.

Despite what she wrote online, a fellow reporter in the Cincinnati area said he felt Macke's Facebook post wasn't representative of her professional career.

"From my view, the Maddow comments were totally out of character," reporter John Kiesewetter told JimRomenesko.com. "That's definitely not what she's known for in the Cincinnati market...In my 25 years covering Cincinnati TV/radio, I've heard plenty of broadcast news people say plenty of stupid things. But she's not one of them."

Maddow has not commented on the incident.

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2012

I kinda wish more people would have called her out about the "angry" aspect of her comment.

For one,this woman doesn't even get that accusing a woman of being 'angry' any time they show passion or emotion in an argument is internalized misogyny.

Secondly, calling Maddow, one of the most respected and reasonable pundits on tv 'angry' is fucking ludicrous.

Maddow Is known for letting her guest speak - even when they're the most contentious right wing of assholes. She debates them civilly.

Fucking OK Senator Jim Inhoffe appeared on her show after Maddow called him out numerous times on various issues because she is a good host.

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2012

When has Maddow ever even come off as "angry"?

This cunt is so vile.

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2012

Tricia looks like the head of a penis.

by Anonymousreply 311/15/2012

But haven't WE said this same thing here at DL? Ok, not angry....but...perhaps she hangs out with too many queens?

by Anonymousreply 411/15/2012

Yes r4, and it's just as misogynistic and homophobic on here as well.

by Anonymousreply 511/15/2012

She's obviously latent.

by Anonymousreply 611/15/2012

WOW!She doesn't look like a bitch at all...SARCASM!!!

by Anonymousreply 711/15/2012

[quote]But haven't WE said this same thing here at DL? Ok, not angry....but...perhaps she hangs out with too many queens?

No, "we" have not said the same thing. I am not you (thank god) and vice-versa. Datalounge is not a hive or a monolithic club. It's a forum where multiple people post diverse opinions often in contrast to one another. Cut this "we" crap. It's asinine.

And as R5 says, it's still wrong no matter who says it.

Rachel has never displayed anger that I've seen. She's very civil in her rhetoric, polite to her guests and even-tempered in general. The worst an opponent could say about her is that she's sometimes a little smug, but people who are usually right get called that by their opponents regardless.

by Anonymousreply 811/15/2012

Wow, did Tan Mom move to Cincinnati and get a job as a news anchor?

by Anonymousreply 911/15/2012

[quote]Maddow has not commented on the incident.

Nor should she.

Why acknowledge the existence of a nobody who has gone as far as she ever will in her career?

I guess she'd never mention all of the hysterical loons on FOX who make their livings being angry. A network by angry women and men for angry women and men.

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2012

There's another reason why she hasn't commented, because she defines herself as a butch. Which makes it a bit of a grey area whether it's an insult to say something Maddow has frequently said about herself. It was certain rude and unprofessional, but I'm sure Rachel wasn't offended.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012

>>Which makes it a bit of a grey area whether it's an insult to say something Maddow has frequently said about herself

Being a butch lesbian has nothing to do with being a man. Are you a Republican by any chance? Because that sounds like something an ignorant Republican would say.

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2012

What r12 said. A butch woman is not a 'man' nor does Rachel look anything like one on her show. r11 your comment was idiotic. There is no "grey area" for homophobic shit like this.

Rachel has commented on the "OMG your A MAN!" bullshit because it's an example of the quickest, easiest and simple-minded 'insult' anyone can throw at her.

I've heard this shit since I was in grade school. It's playground shit. Any woman (gay or straight) with short hair and assertive manner has heard this bullshit a million times. The reason someone like Maddow doesn't comment on it has nothing to do your ridiculous notion that it alludes to some kind of 'truth'. No, it has everything to do with how absolutely pathetic, predictable and beneath a basic standard of intelligence it is.

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2012

[quote] Being a butch lesbian has nothing to do with being a man.

Tell that to Rachel when she says things like, after the show she takes off all her makeup, puts on her thick-rimmed glasses and transforms back into Clark Kent. Tell that to Rachel when she says she thinks part of what made her a success on MSNBC was she was "one of the boys." YOU are offended that someone referred to her as a man, SHE wouldn't be. She has a sense of humor about it, she isn't embarrassed about being mannish. You and r13 both sound like you don't really like that she's a butch. There were lots of denials and complaints about that here at first, despite Rachel's numerous quotes affirming that's the way she views herself.

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012

Rachel rarely if ever comes across as angry.

It's this other Fox bitch who seems angry.

by Anonymousreply 1511/15/2012

touché r14. I misread malice into your statement and concede your point.

I love butch women. But I do have to argue that it's one thing for Rachel to qualify herself as butch or boyish in appearance 'off the clock' in an informal interview, and quite the other for some Fox News bitch to call her a 'man' as an insult to her professional character.

None of the statements from Maddow = "I'm a man" in the sense that Fox anchor meant it. When it comes to herself as a pundit or newsperson, I dont' think Maddow would humor any of the words, "angry," or "young" either. And "man" said in the context of that Fox news asshole- was meant to be an insult not a quip about how Maddow prefers baggy jeans and a t-shirt on a Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 1611/15/2012

the ANGRY part.

remember?

by Anonymousreply 1711/15/2012

"homophobic bitch"

"Angry young man"

Remind me again - which comment got somebody suspended?

by Anonymousreply 1811/15/2012

This woman looks like a plastic Fox News pinup that Rupert would slap his old hateful limp dick around to every night.

by Anonymousreply 1911/15/2012

I lived in the Cincinnati area for years. Macke seemed nice UNTIL this comment. She also has a husband that seems gay gay gay and that has been mentioned in many a hushed circle. For whatever that's worth. She is now in official CUNTville to me. Tanorexic, skinny bitch. Oh, I guess that sounds "angry?" lol

by Anonymousreply 2011/15/2012

[quote]Fox 19 anchor back on the air after suspension for calling Rachel Maddow an 'angry young man' on Facebook

Tricia Macke, an Ohio news anchor for Fox 19, was suspended over disparaging comments she made about the MSNBC host on her personal Facebook page.

A Fox news anchor was back on the air Tuesday night following a 2-day suspension for calling MSNBC host Rachel Maddow an "angry young man" on Facebook.

Tricia Macke, an anchor for Ohio's Fox 19, took to her personal Facebook page last month to rant against the cable news personality, writing "Rachel Maddow is such an angry young man" on Oct. 12.

Jesus Christ! How many times do they have to say the same thing before getting to the story. I hate when online periodicals do this.

by Anonymousreply 2111/15/2012

[quote]Fox 19 anchor back on the air after suspension for calling Rachel Maddow an 'angry young man' on Facebook

[quote]Tricia Macke, an Ohio news anchor for Fox 19, was suspended over disparaging comments she made about the MSNBC host on her personal Facebook page.

[quote]A Fox news anchor was back on the air Tuesday night following a 2-day suspension for calling MSNBC host Rachel Maddow an "angry young man" on Facebook.

[quote]Tricia Macke, an anchor for Ohio's Fox 19, took to her personal Facebook page last month to rant against the cable news personality, writing "Rachel Maddow is such an angry young man" on Oct. 12.

Jesus Christ! How many times do they have to say the same thing before getting to the story. I hate when online periodicals do this.

by Anonymousreply 2211/15/2012

[quote]"homophobic bitch"

[quote]"Angry young man"

[quote]Remind me again - which comment got somebody suspended?

Remind us which one came first and which one was a reaction to the first.

There's your answer, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2311/15/2012

You just know that bitch has the hots for our Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 2411/15/2012

I don't know about angry, but that bitch is completely in love with herself.

It's quite nauseating!

by Anonymousreply 2511/15/2012

Loving R16

by Anonymousreply 2611/16/2012

This incident is significant. Up until a few years ago, she would have been applauded in Cincinnati and given a raise. Cincinnati has officially entered the 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

On her worst day, Rachel Maddow is more attractive (on every possible level) than the homophobic bitch is on her best day.

HB has that luggage look and she's a cunt. She's been at that station since 1992? There's a reason she never made it out of her local news market.

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

I wouldn't go that far, r28.

by Anonymousreply 2911/16/2012

As has been said here, r29, that's a shitty picture. Everybody's had bad pictures taken of them. But you freepers, of course, love that one.

by Anonymousreply 3011/16/2012

You did say on her worst day, but now you're making excuses.

Freeper? Otay. I just don't think Maddow is all that. Never have. Never will.

by Anonymousreply 3111/16/2012

[quote]Cincinnati has officially entered the 20th century.

I don't know about that. Have you read the replies to her apology?

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.