Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mitt Romney is mentally ill...needs Obamacare

Romney Blames Loss on Obama’s ‘Gifts’ to Minorities and Young Voters

By ASHLEY PARKER

A week after losing the election to President Obama, Mitt Romney blamed his overwhelming electoral loss on what he said were big "gifts" that the president had bestowed on loyal Democratic constituencies, including young voters, African-Americans and Hispanics.

In a conference call on Wednesday afternoon with his national finance committee, Mr. Romney said that the president had followed the "old playbook" of wooing specific interest groups - "especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people," Mr. Romney explained - with targeted gifts and initiatives.

"In each case they were very generous in what they gave to those groups," Mr. Romney said.

"With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest, was a big gift," he said. "Free contraceptives were very big with young college-aged women. And then, finally, Obamacare also made a difference for them, because as you know, anybody now 26 years of age and younger was now going to be part of their parents' plan, and that was a big gift to young people. They turned out in large numbers, a larger share in this election even than in 2008."

The president's health care plan, he added, was also a useful tool in mobilizing African-American and Hispanic voters. Though Mr. Romney won the white vote with 59 percent, according to exit polls, minorities coalesced around the president in overwhelming numbers - 93 percent of blacks and 71 percent of Hispanics voted to re-elect Mr. Obama.

"You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you're now going to get free health care, particularly if you don't have it, getting free health care worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity, I mean, this is huge," he said. "Likewise with Hispanic voters, free health care was a big plus. But in addition with regards to Hispanic voters, the amnesty for children of illegals, the so-called Dream Act kids, was a huge plus for that voting group."

In the 20-minute call -which also featured an appearance by Neil Newhouse, the campaign's pollster, Spencer Zwick, the national finance chairman, and Mason Fink, the finance director - Mr. Romney was by turns disappointed and pragmatic, expressing his frustration that he'd failed to defeat Mr. Obama on Election Day.

"I'm very sorry that we didn't win," he said on the call. "I know that you expected to win, we expected to win, we were disappointed with the result, we hadn't anticipated it, and it was very close but close doesn't count in this business."

He continued: "And so now we're looking and saying, 'O.K., what can we do going forward?' But frankly we're still so troubled by the past, it's hard to put together our plans from the future."

He added half-jokingly that the close-knit group, which excelled in fund-raising but was ultimately unable to propel Mr. Romney into the Oval Office, could even help with "perhaps the selection of a future nominee - which, by the way, will not be me."

"We're looking to see how we go forward with an effort to maintain a connection between all of us, to meet perhaps annually, and to keep in touch with a monthly newsletter or something of that nature, and to stay connected so that we can stay informed and have influence on the direction of the party," he said.

Still, Mr. Romney, ever the data-driven former consultant, offered a brief post-mortem analysis of where he and his campaign had fallen short. Last Wednesday and Thursday, he had convened informal what-went-wrong sessions in his Boston headquarters, where he and a small team of senior advisers pored over the numbers with Mr. Newhouse. And on the call, Mr. Romney also echoed a theme from the campaign trail, saying that while Mr. Obama "made a big effort on small things," his message had been about "big issues."

"Our campaign, in contrast, was talking about big issues for the whole country - military strategy, foreign policy, a strong economy, creati

by Anonymousreply 5811/15/2012

The more he talks the more of America that will realize we dodged a bullet Nov. 6.

by Anonymousreply 111/14/2012

Mitt, it's the urban folk who didn't vote for us. (Well, that group, and lot's of others.)

by Anonymousreply 211/14/2012

Republicans just keep digging themselves a bigger and bigger hole. Romney and Ryan both blaming their ass-whooping on "urban" voters and "free gifts" to minorities. Then there's McCain/Graham threatening to filibuster a qualified woman for SOS.

by Anonymousreply 311/14/2012

gifts to minorities. He really means gifts to spics, niggers and whorish women who ask to get raped

[quote] You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year

I can imagine it. I live it. That cunt romney spends more than that a month on one of his wife's horses

by Anonymousreply 411/14/2012

Guess what Mittens? Black people, young people, women and minorities -- their votes are worth just as much as white folks' votes! Imagine that,

Your policies contained plenty of gifts for your fellow rich people and for your vapid, dull sons.

by Anonymousreply 511/14/2012

The funny thing is that with all this blame that they are so happy to spread around, they never actually blame themselves for any part of this miserable failure. The way they look at it, they did nothing wrong, their policies were neither extreme nor unpopular, and they did not alienate any voters.

Fine. If that is what they want to believe they will continue to lose and become less and less relevant.

We should just start calling them the Whigs.

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

I'm a young American gay minority that voted for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

This nearly was ours.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

wow. i'm surprised it wasn't a part of the platform to take away the rights of women to vote and to return black people to counting as 3/5 of a vote. brown people too. and the gays? we'd just be eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

Wow, so ugly. No gentleman there.

So glad he is not president.

This guy, swimming in obscene amounts of money criticizes such small measures as "gifts." And brings race into it, too.

If you wanted to say something about the Democrats and social programs, the truth is they do not do enough. It's way behind most Western countries.

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2012

you know, I just watched the President's news conference on the internet. He had his first news conference today, and honey that is the most self- confident, and sexiest I have ever seen him. He was stong, he was articulate, he was resolute and passionate and warm and he has a brilliant smile. Oh. He's not taking any shit off anyone. I love him.

I cannot imagine Mittens even coming close. Obama is the standard against which I will measure all others.

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2012

Why doesn't he shut the fuck and go away. How does this stupidity benefit anyone?

Take responsibility, Mitt. Be happy you still have numerous homes, a large family and the money to enable you to live quite comfortably. What does this whining do for you exactly?

Let it go and move on.

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012

R10 it is a fact the stock market does better, the GNP grows larger, more private sector jobs are created and the deficit shrinks under Democrat leadership. Fact. So keep telling yourself the fantasies that make you feel better, but those of us who live in the reality based community know better. And there are more of us than there are people like you. Get used to it, loser.

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012

[quote]and it was very close but close doesn't count in this business

It wasn't even a little close, actually.

by Anonymousreply 1511/14/2012

Jesus Christ we dodged a bullet. No, we dodged a flaming stink bomb of oppressive fascist fucktastic fuckery .

by Anonymousreply 1611/14/2012

The only gift I want is Civil Rights (like the straights)

by Anonymousreply 1711/14/2012

[quote]it is a fact

Well, that's your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 1811/14/2012

R19 are you saying Bush stole the 2008 election?

by Anonymousreply 2011/14/2012

Poor 19. He was warned about the brown acid.

by Anonymousreply 2111/14/2012

LOL, R19 is making no sense. I hate hate hate Obama but boy am I glad he won. My disdain for that warmongering pig is as nothing compared to my hatred for Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 2211/14/2012

Republicans have been stealing elections systematically since 1996. They haven't always succeeded, such as this year and 2008.

by Anonymousreply 2311/14/2012

[quote]it was 2008 in reverse, only instead of Bush stealing the election it was Obama.

Get off the internet. You're too stupid to be allowed on anymore.

Bush didn't steal anything in 2008, moron. He went home in disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 2411/14/2012

Why does he keep saying "with regardS"?????!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2511/14/2012

[quote]while Mr. Obama "made a big effort on small things," his message had been about "big issues.

Pretty big talk for someone who was so vague about his policies while he was campaigning. This is the moron that said he'd fill in the American public on his plans [bold]after[/bold] he was elected.

Now he's claiming he had the answers on the "big issues" all along.

Boy, Romney/Ryan -- two phony fucks.

by Anonymousreply 2611/15/2012

Repubs have been stuck in Denial (Obama getting 1/2 again more EVs than Mitt is no mandate; we were ahead but for Sandy; Pelosi's not Speaker so we won the debate - and don't get me started on Allen West).

With these latest rants (Obama's giving stuff to Urban voters - like Federal disaster relief Mitt?) Romney and Lyin' are making their Anger obvious to everyone.

They Lost.

Long may they grieve.

by Anonymousreply 2711/15/2012

R30 : "Sex scandals surrounding Benghazi."

And all of the participants are Republicans.

Who'd a thunk it?

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2012

[quote]Sex scandals surrounding Benghazi.

LMFAO, you deluded idiot. The sex scandals (all Repug players) and Benghazi have less than nothing to do with one another.

Why are Republicans so fucking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 3211/15/2012

As if Romney and his ilk didn't promise HUGE incentives to rich, old white men. Just another case of Republicans crying when this that they do on a daily basis are used against them, then they cry foul.

by Anonymousreply 3311/15/2012

It's from living in Faux News world, R32. They are so completely divorced from reality that they have no idea what is going on around them. They can't see that this Benghazi thing is not going to end the way they want it to.

The minority of old, white, ill-informed bigots will be the only ones buying their Benghazi bullshit. Eventually, reality will force its way in and they will realize that the majority of Americans are not buying it either. I just wish we could get their election night style meltdown on video.

by Anonymousreply 3411/15/2012

You lost, R30.

Sit down and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 3511/15/2012

That sure will bring all those freeloaders on the side of the Republican Party for the next election.

by Anonymousreply 3611/15/2012

R30, there are more single white women with babies on welfare in the deep south red states than any other group.

The next sound you hear...

head exploding

by Anonymousreply 3711/15/2012

Bobby Jindal (?) to the rescue.

by Anonymousreply 3811/15/2012

He's got bellllls that jindal jangle jingle...

by Anonymousreply 3911/15/2012

He and Ryan have totally pissed away any goodwill I may have had for them with the bumbling -but seemingly sincere(what a fool I was) - concession speech.

Never have seen such ingracious losers.

by Anonymousreply 4011/15/2012

Told you, R40.

by Anonymousreply 4111/15/2012

God, it is so sad if the Republican party doesn't really take into account why they lost.

They need to listen to Bobby Jindal and other young GOP leaders who "get it". Because Romney/Ryan obviously don't. They didn't have left the GOP-bubble it seems.

by Anonymousreply 4211/15/2012

I'm pretty certain Obama actually *is* black, R43. It wasn't just an opinion on the part of the people who voted for him.

That said, you can fuck off. Any votes Obama gained due to partiality on the part of African Americans were more than balanced out by the votes he lost from racist white people who might otherwise have voted Dem.

by Anonymousreply 4411/15/2012

R43... and Jews often vote for Jews and gays for gays and whites for whites and Asians for Asians.

Your point?

by Anonymousreply 4511/15/2012

I'm sure R43 has been a crusader against racism for many years now. Right?

by Anonymousreply 4611/15/2012

R43 Did it ever occur to you that some of that 10% of black Republicans you were counting on switched to Obama because they were disgusted by their party's efforts to suppress black votes.

Even black Republicans want to keep the rights their parents fought for.

by Anonymousreply 4711/15/2012

Shitt's comments are really RICH coming from a TAX DODGING plutocrat.

ANY amounts in Medicaid benefits some poor, yet working, family might get for the next few years will NEVER total the amount this bastard HAS AVOIDED IN TAXES for MANY YEARS! This will continue for Shitt unless tax laws are re-structured very soon.

Fuck him, he needs to STFU and go away. I hate hypocrites and liars, Shitt is both.

by Anonymousreply 4811/15/2012

Few things telegraph a poor education as efficiently as saying "with regards to," as Mince Romney has done on many occasions.

by Anonymousreply 4911/15/2012

[quote]This nearly was ours.

What, R8?

by Anonymousreply 5011/15/2012

Romney constantly shows his true colors, to his own detrement. If this man had ever made it to the White House (and I never thought he would) we'd be the laughing stock of the entire world. .. Again.

by Anonymousreply 5111/15/2012

[quote]Romney constantly shows his true colors, to his own detrement.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5211/15/2012

He should have never run for president at all. What a twerp?

by Anonymousreply 5311/15/2012

On some level he's mentally ill because of his involvement with religion. Beware of anyone who is very religious...it says they don't trust THEMSELVES to make the call. Organized religion is to keep sociopaths in place. Trust your instincs as a person. Only the sociopathic seek religion to tell them how to live in society. Educated people tend to not believe in the major religions. When someone does believe, it shows a weakness of character and gullibility. Steer clear.

by Anonymousreply 5411/15/2012

r44! Shame on you. People need to realize our president is as much black as he is white. I would think whites could identify more. He's not from slave stock and probably doesn't have Native-American genes that tie blacks and whites together in this country. He doesn't have true black history so his part in this doesn't really factor into Americans of all colors who have ancestors who were here in the sixteen and seventeen hundreds.

by Anonymousreply 5511/15/2012

Want to see some real Republican mental illness? check out this girl's blog. Nuts!

by Anonymousreply 5611/15/2012

The Republican party is a cancer on this country and will be for some time to come.

by Anonymousreply 5711/15/2012

[quote] [R44]! Shame on you. People need to realize our president is as much black as he is white. I would think whites could identify more. He's not from slave stock and probably doesn't have Native-American genes that tie blacks and whites together in this country. He doesn't have true black history so his part in this doesn't really factor into Americans of all colors who have ancestors who were here in the sixteen and seventeen hundreds.

R55, I find your interpretation of Obama's "blackness" very offensive. It like you're desperately trying to purify his race so it doesn't offend your white sensibilities. ("Oh, he's not like THOSE blacks because he doesn't have any racial hangups about slavery and oppression. He's not militant and anti-white like those other shiftless Negroes who complain all the time!")

The facts: Obama looks black, his father was black, he's married to a black woman, and has black children. He self-identifies himself as African-American and assimilated into African American culture, therefore, he's African-American. If he wasn't president and a regular guy walking down the street no one would think twice about dissecting his racial ancestry. Yes, he's half white, but that doesn't make him any different than the majority of blacks with European ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 5811/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.