Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who buys celebrity peferfumes and colognes?

I thought perfumes and colognes were on their way out of fashion. Who wears them? More importantly, how many fans of celebrities are really going to purchase the celebrity's scent?

Does anyone here like any of these scent? If so, which ones?

by Anonymousreply 4811/15/2012

NEVER. I buy the scent i like.

by Anonymousreply 111/14/2012

I am waiting for Liz Taylor to come out with a Black Diamond douche.

by Anonymousreply 211/14/2012

Ten years ago we had a hilarious thread about this where people dreamed up new celebrity fragrances. My two favorites were "Over, by Sharon Stone" and "Still, by Christopher Reeve" (who was still alive then, but completely paralyzed).

by Anonymousreply 311/14/2012

The only celeb scent I'd even consider buying is "Cumming," just because it cracks me up.

None of the celebs who hawk their own brand of fragrances interests me, but that's because the products are marketed to young women (even though Derek Jeter and P. Diddy's brands are among the most popular, it's because women are buying the scents for their bf's and husbands).

The fact that "Fancy" by Jessica Simpson was one of the best-selling celeb fragrances in 2011 is just pathetic, but not surprising given that half our country was stupid enough to vote for Shit Romney, y'know? Americans are uneducated and easily wooed by any old fuckery pedaled to them on TV.

by Anonymousreply 411/14/2012

My favorite is "Taint" by Elias Koteas.

by Anonymousreply 511/14/2012

Some of the celeb perfumes come with an enticing free gift. Or a decorative bottle for the vanity.

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

I worked the fragrance counter last holiday season. If I ever smell one of those putrid stenches (Beiber, Britney, Kylie, MADGE!)again it will be too soon.

Who buys these? Desperado saddos who lack a sense of smell and taste.

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

I thought uninspired men bought those celebrity scents as Christmas gifts for their wives.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

I loved that thread, r3.

There were some very funny ones in it.

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

[quote] I worked the fragrance counter last holiday season. If I ever smell one of those putrid stenches (Beiber, Britney, Kylie, MADGE!)again it will be too soon

I've smelled those. They are truly disgusting. They are so sweet, fruity and cheap smelling. They are made with the cheapest, unnatural fake ingredients. I bet truck stops sell better fragrances.

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

r7, don't some of the smarter celebs have a good professional put them together?

I thought that's why some of them were successful; they were good enough that they sold, even if no one admitting buying them.

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2012

Should I buy cheap perfume from the drug store? Any harm done?

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2012

I bought Twiggy's for the bottle -- very cool on the bathroom counter and the right colors. And she's a cool icon for me. No idea how it smells though.

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012

J'adore

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012

Sort of related...

Has anyone noticed Fergie as the "face" of that super cheap-ass 99cent "Wet and Wild" cosmetic line they sell in drugstores and dollar stores.

This is a huge fall from Kohls, HP, and Dr. Pepper.

This means she's officially over, right?

by Anonymousreply 1511/14/2012

She's one of the few singers, particularly the white ones, who actually has a real voice, r15.

If she stays off the meth and booze, I think she can have a comeback.

I didn't know they still had Wet and Wild.

by Anonymousreply 1611/14/2012

J'Adore is about 10 years old.

Bought it way back then. Loved it.

It's funny when I find someone wearing it now. I had it first, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 1711/14/2012

Halle Berry's is on sale cheap at CVS around the country, ha. No, I don't know anyone who wears this stuff, male or female (I only wear Burbery London), but it's GREAT to spray around the room if there is stubborn cat odor, etc. Not kidding. Lingers in the air and not as fake as pine freshener or whatever. :)

by Anonymousreply 1811/14/2012

I wear Bulgari Black, but have always wondered who buys the celebrity fragances all which I have never purposely tried to smell.

by Anonymousreply 1911/14/2012

I do buy SJP's Lovely because I think it's a great scent. I've gotten many compliments. It's a fresh, clean fragrance. I tried it at Macy's and loved it but would never have bought it just because it's a "celebrity" perfume.

by Anonymousreply 2011/14/2012

It's better than the fruity pink "body sprays" that were all the rage a few years ago. Although I think they still sell them. The "Raspberry" was very popular, and I used to sit in class and just gag.

by Anonymousreply 2111/14/2012

Who would admit to wearing Trump's odor?

by Anonymousreply 2211/14/2012

UNINHIBITED by Cher, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 2311/14/2012

@ R23 I have never smelled Cher's original Uninhibited but I have heard it is fabulous. An unopened bottle of it was purchased for $1 by a message board friend at a garage sale a few years ago and she sold it on Ebay for over $1,000.

by Anonymousreply 2411/14/2012

There's nothing trashier than celebrity fragrances. My mom used to wear White Diamonds when I was a kid, but even she got a clue.

If I wanted to smell like an egotistical whore, I'd go to rentboy.com.

by Anonymousreply 2511/14/2012

I was surprised when I read that Britney Spears makes a fortune off of her perfume. I think it said that she has more than one.

Her next fragrance should be called Déchets Blancs.

by Anonymousreply 2611/15/2012

r4, it smells like burnt rubber, leather, tobacco and l'air d'video arcade.

I LOVE IT.

by Anonymousreply 2711/15/2012

I wear SJP's Covet. Her perfumes aren't actually that bad you guys. Didn't know Madonna had a perfume? I've always liked White Diamonds because it brings back memories of me being younger and not knowing what perfumes are ~good~

by Anonymousreply 2811/15/2012

R26 perfumes are big money even for has beens. B-list Halle Berry apparently still makes a lot of money of hers even!

by Anonymousreply 2911/15/2012

I don't know anyone under 40 who wears perfume or cologne. It's mostly older people who are stuck in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 3011/15/2012

r3 I was on DL back then, and the "Celebrity Fragrances" thread was hilarious. The ones I remember were "White Woman" by Michael Jackson and "Jackpot!" by Kate Capshaw.

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2012

Prepare to be simultaneously amused and horrified.

by Anonymousreply 3211/15/2012

I regret clicking on that R32, there is NO WAY I can un-see it!

Can not imagine the scent.

by Anonymousreply 3311/15/2012

Mariah, I heard you were coming out with your own perfume and calling it Pearl Necklace.

by Anonymousreply 3411/15/2012

I actually think the Nicki Minaj bottle is cool.

Cher should bring back her fragrance. If she doesn't want any more money, she can donate it to worthy causes.

by Anonymousreply 3511/15/2012

ASSCRACK

by Anonymousreply 3611/15/2012

Here's who:

by Anonymousreply 3711/15/2012

[quote]I actually think the Nicki Minaj bottle is cool.

There's no accounting for tastes.

by Anonymousreply 3811/15/2012

"Who buys these? Desperado saddos who lack a sense of smell and taste."

A female friend of mine wears Glow by J. Lo. She's not desperate or sad. She's actually an intelligent person.

"I don't know anyone under 40 who wears perfume or cologne. It's mostly older people who are stuck in the 80s."

You're wrong. Plenty of young people wear fragrance - the biggest selling perfumes are generally ones aimed at young women. You think elderly ladies are buying the Britney Spears perfumes?

by Anonymousreply 3911/15/2012

What would Karl Rove's scent be called?

by Anonymousreply 4011/15/2012

"What would Karl Rove's scent be called?"

Machiavellian by Rove

by Anonymousreply 4111/15/2012

Paul Reubens always says in interviews that he regrets never coming out with his own fragrance which he wanted to call "Eau de Pee-wee".

by Anonymousreply 4211/15/2012

Remember Fiore?

by Anonymousreply 4311/15/2012

How to build a fire, by Joan Collins.

by Anonymousreply 4411/15/2012

J'Adore is about 10 years old.

Bought it way back then. Loved it.

It's funny when I find someone wearing it now. I had it first, bitches

Sorry to burst your bubble toots but J'Adore has been around since at least 1990.

by Anonymousreply 4511/15/2012

Who buys them? Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 4611/15/2012

Axe body spray for me.

by Anonymousreply 4711/15/2012

Whatever, R45, that's when I discovered it.

by Anonymousreply 4811/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.