Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

McCain: ‘I Had A Sense’ Romney’s Polls Were Wrong

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) told TPM on Wednesday he had an inkling that Mitt Romney's internal polls were overly optimistic about his chances of victory.

"I had a sense that it was much more difficult than the pollsters were saying," he said in the Capitol.

In the wake of Romney's defeat, campaign operatives have told reporters that their internal polling -- contrary to public polls -- gave the Republican a good chance of victory.

"Look, everybody knows their polls were wrong," McCain said. "I mean, they admit that."

Asked if he believes the campaign was shocked about losing, he said, "You'll have to ask them."

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2012

If only he had this kind of foresight before foisting Sarah Palin on us.

by Anonymousreply 111/14/2012

Other than that he should now just SHUT THE FUCK UP and avoid embarrassing himself further.

by Anonymousreply 211/14/2012

R1: Let's also not forget he turned down Romney FOR Palin

by Anonymousreply 311/14/2012

I just said the same thing, r1. He's a bitter old man and he needs to retire. He has squandered any good will or sympathy that Democrats felt towards him for his service to this country. He's joined the hate filled chorus of other has beens like Guiliani and Trump in his irrational and obsessive need to sully the reputation of our President. It's disgusting, and quite frankly, UNAMERICAN. He needs to get down to business and help find a solution to the REAL problems facing our country.

by Anonymousreply 411/14/2012

McCain basically said today that he will make Susan Rice's life a living hell during Confirmation if Obama nominates her for Secretary of State.

by Anonymousreply 511/14/2012

Did you see Obama smack him and his g/f down at the press conference when the reporter asked about them essentially blaming Susan Rice for Benghazi and they never let her be SoS? President said "come after me, not her."

Correct me if I'm wrong (of course I'm not), weren't these two in the senate when 9/11 happened and when the Iraq war happened? Where were these two assholes to hold hearings on the Iraq war? You know where they were? PUSHING FOR IT. Pushing for the lies and the deception.

And they're still trying to push for even more war - with Iran.

Oh they're sooo patriotic that a war resulting in almost 5000 soldier deaths and hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians based on lies that they pushed for wasn't worthy of hearings.

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

McCain has been in the Senate since the late 80's, so he was certainly there on 9/11. Not sure about Graham. He only came into the Senate about 10 years ago when Strom Thurmond finally retired at the age of 100.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

McCain is a professional POS. So is the Senate's biggest pussy, Graham. The President threw a party for Mac after he beat his ass back in 2008, and the ungrateful asshole has been kicking at the President ever since. I'm happy the President finally called out that old cockeyed airplane crasher. Bout time Obama and the country stopped putting up with his shit. He's not some oracle of truth, no military expert. If he were, he wouldn't have nosedived his airplane in Vietnam. He's a bad pilot, a sorry politician, and a full time asshole.

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

Mc Cain is getting senile and way past his expiration date. He needs to retire and spend some of his wife's billions.

Go away, old man!

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

Do tell, R11!

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2012

Why don't the Democrats out Lindsey Graham?

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012

Republicans will further alienate women if they go after Susan Rice.

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012

He has no idea where his ass is. He's an old fool and a trouble maker. He should be ashamed of himself and sitting at home in his rocking chair.

He did not know anything about the polls. He didn't know and he didn't care. The old fool had Sarah Palin as his running mate.

by Anonymousreply 1511/14/2012

"There's no fool like an old fool."

McCain should just go quietly into that good night...where is Cindy and why isn't she doing a Nancy Reagan to protect John?

by Anonymousreply 1611/14/2012

He's a bitter old fuck who still can't deal with the fact that a war hero like himself lost to the "nigger." And Miss Graham probably fancied himself SoS in a McCain admin.

by Anonymousreply 1711/14/2012

Was Powell attacked by the Dems when he held up that vial?

by Anonymousreply 1811/14/2012

Hypocritical douchebag:

[quote]John McCain Supported Condi Rice After Massive Intelligence Failure

by Anonymousreply 1911/14/2012

Remember when he used to be the 'reasonable' Republican? What the fuck happened to him? Was that 'maverick' shit all just a media invention? Probably.

What a dick.

by Anonymousreply 2011/14/2012

Well, he did at least call out Michelle Bachmann for her Muslim conspiracy stuff about Huma Abedin, R20.

by Anonymousreply 2111/15/2012

The thing is, he took on Palin without knowing anything about her, except that she was cute and could recite propaganda. I have no respect for him.

by Anonymousreply 2211/15/2012

I forgot that at one point he did correct a woman in the audience who said Obama was Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 2311/15/2012

True, R23. McCain has more integrity than Romney, but that's not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 2411/15/2012

The GOP feels entitled to bash Obama, because the Dems bashed the Chimp for 8 years...who actually deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 2511/15/2012

The GOP wants to bash Obama for 8 years because they bashed the last Democratic President for 8 years too.

by Anonymousreply 2611/15/2012

Heh, gramps, retire already. You're useless. You brought us Sarah Palin. You should kill yourself just for that one.

by Anonymousreply 2711/15/2012

[quote]I forgot that at one point he did correct a woman in the audience who said Obama was Muslim.

She said "Arab," which is just as dumb as the people who continue to praise McCain for his response in that exchange. I hardly think "No, he's not. He's a decent family man" is something for which a genuinely decent person would commend McCain, esp. coming from a man who cheated on his first wife with his second - a woman he's been known to call "cunt."

My "Arab" dad is still married to my mother after 35 years and would never use that kind of language towards her, but clearly the likes of McCain or a Gingrich should be the ones to define "decent."

by Anonymousreply 2811/15/2012

[quote]Other than that he should now just SHUT THE FUCK UP and avoid embarrassing himself further.

Nope. On Piers Morgan Tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2911/15/2012

McCain you had a sense of nothing. STFU. You nearly saddled the world with Sarah Palin, you fucking iiresponsible douchebag.

No one can take you seriously except for your gay little lap dog, Lindsay Graham.

by Anonymousreply 3011/15/2012

[quote]He's a bitter old fuck who still can't deal with the fact that a war hero like himself lost to the "nigger."

McCain isn't a war hero. He was such a terrible pilot he kept wrecking planes. Unfortunately for him, when he crashed the last plane it was the North Vietnamese who got to him first. Ooops. Surviving prison did not automatically make him a hero, even though we're supposed to believe he is. He was not shot down; he was such a bad pilot he crashed another damn plane.

He has been well rewarded for being incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!