Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Susan B Komen Foundation

Have they suffered permanent damage? I really hope so. That bitch peeling off a half a million dollars a year in salary while wailing about her dead sister turned my stomach. And the fact that it is a major GOP group makes me equally ill. I refuse to buy anything with pink on it.

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012

You are DISGUSTING OP!

by Anonymousreply 111/14/2012

I agree OP. WHile I think the initial thought/reason behind the whole "pink ribbon" thing was motivated by good intentions; as usual, once money is involved people get corrupt VERY fast.

by Anonymousreply 211/14/2012

It is Susan G Komen.

by Anonymousreply 311/14/2012

r2, you never have 'good intentions' in mind when you raise most of the money for awareness (and not actual research how to fight this disease) and spend a great deal of it protecting the brand by threating lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 411/14/2012

I am not sure they can recover. They are so hated by so many people now. They completely misunderstood who their supporters were. They were never the right wing idiots who made up the board of the foundation. They were moderate to liberal women--who have fled in droves to other, better organizations.

Buh bye, Susan.

by Anonymousreply 511/14/2012

The foundation in question is a marketer's dream and a lousy foundation at the top. Family members seldom serve as the best board members, once the thrill of the founding is done. Certainly, as seen here, when they and their minions run the show they rapidly become entitled idiots whose whims are catered to, missions are distorted, and decisions are based not on need but on political grounds.

There are better places to support than the pink-tit mob.

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

I'll never support them ever again. I don't care who they throw out, to make up for what they did. My money will go to other breast cancer foundations.

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

Nancy Brinker's a ball busting cunt.

She doesn't need any money after being married to Brinker, believe you me.

On a similar note, I love it when I get calls hitting me up for donations for breast cancer research. I tell the nice lady that I'm gay with no sisters, a dead mom, and have no interest whatsoever in titties, healthy or otherwise.

They quickly hang up.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

Can anyone suggest an alternative women's health/cancer-related cause to donate to?

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

It is a cluster fuck of wealthy repuke women who are making another fortune off cancer. Disgusting people.

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

[quote]On a similar note, I love it when I get calls hitting me up for donations for breast cancer research. I tell the nice lady that I'm gay with no sisters, a dead mom, and have no interest whatsoever in titties, healthy or otherwise.

Too verbose, r8. Next time just say "I hate women!" and hang up.

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2012

Just say, "Boobies, boobies. boobies! Who needs 'em?!" and then hang up.

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2012

[quote] It is Susan G Komen.

I wish I could correct the thread title. I hate getting people's names wrong. Must have confused her with Susan B Anthony.

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012

Logo Network aired a very good documentary "Pink Ribbons, Inc". The storyline is

Breast cancer has become the poster child of corporate cause-related marketing campaigns. Countless women and men walk, bike, climb and shop for the cure. Each year, millions of dollars are raised in the name of breast cancer, but where does this money go and what does it actually achieve? Pink Ribbons, Inc. is a feature documentary that shows how the devastating reality of breast cancer, which marketing experts have labeled a "dream cause," becomes obfuscated by a shiny, pink story of success

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.