Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm just going to level with you, Datalounge: I am totally lost on Petraeusgate.

I got lost somewhere around the mistress and the book "All In". Now there's another guy? And an FBI agent? And another woman? And Eric Cantor? And right wing think tanks?

WTF?

Anyone got a spreadsheet or chart or something?

by Anonymousreply 5211/15/2012

Me too, OP. Can someone please summarize or give us the Cliffs Notes version?

Many thanks.

by Anonymousreply 111/14/2012

Gawker made a chart...

by Anonymousreply 211/14/2012

Furthermore: why should we care?

by Anonymousreply 311/14/2012

Talk about bimbo eruptions. Did you see the bit of the phone call this Kelley woman made on Sunday, pretending to have diplomatic immunity? She even has a faux diplomatic license plate on her car. And now her base privileges have been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 411/14/2012

There is really nothing to see here...yet another case of a mountain being made from a molehill.

by Anonymousreply 511/14/2012

It's a whole lotta nothin' - kinda like a Jackie Collins novel come to life, though...

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

Who would have guessed these women who are charity scamming bankrupt skanks are also Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

I just want to see the shirtless photos the agent sent Kelley!!! He must be hot to have assumed they'd be welcome.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

It's not that complicated.

Petraeus has affair with biographer Paula Broadwell.

He's also a close friend of Jill Kelley and husband. They are prominent military

Broadwell grows jealous of Kelley's close "friendship" with Petraeus and basically tells her to back off. Initial report stated that Broadwell threatened Kelley, but people who saw the emails said it was just a catfight.

Kelley has a teabagger friend who happens to be an FBI agent. He goes sniffing through Broadwell's email and finds out she's having an affair with Petraeus.

Being a Teabagger with a political motive, he sees this as perhaps a WH scanda that would effect the election. He goes to his superiors about what he has learned. His superiors judge him to be too obsessed and an interested party (he sent Kelley a shirtless photo of himself) and they remove him from the investigation.

The investigation is not going as fast as he wants so FBI shirtless teabagger goes to Eric Cantor in October. Cantor sits on it.

Now we learn that Broadway may have classified documents at her home and on her computer. Kelley is an opportunist who enjoys the power she gets from being the Belle of the Millitary Ball.

Rightwing wanted to spin this as not about the affair, but of the WH using this as an excuse to not call Petraeus to testify about Benghazi.

That conspiracy was shot down today because Petraeus has agreed to testify.

That's pretty much it. It's all just a soap level at the highest level of our government.

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

Even the Gawker chart is not up to date. On MSNBC it was reported that Broadwell had sent General Allen 1 or more emails warning him against Kelley. Then Allen forwarded those to Kelley.

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

Thanks r9. Great recap

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2012

No, R9. Mr. Shirtless rightwing FBI agent was taken off the case early on. He didn't see anything. But he heard from fellow agents what was happening and then contacted Reichert to push his own agenda. He was flirty with Kelley, though, and wanted to look like the big man so he took this to the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2012

r10 warning him against Kelley? Warn him against what?

It seems to me that Kelley and her husband are quite kinky. She openly flirts with generals and those in the military brass. General Allen sent Kelley about 20K-30K emails. Kelley was using an email she shares with her husband so he has to know about the shirtless pictures and the thousands of emails from these men.

I think Kelley has a reputation and Broadwell suspected Kelley may be after her man.

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012

Jill Kelly's sister Natalie was married to Grayson Wolfe, who was appointed Manager of the Private Sector Development Office of the Coalition Provisional Authority in Baghdad, Iraq by Bush.

That means he was in charge of handing out billions of dollars in private contracts to companies like KBR and Blackwater during the iraq War.

Hiis boss was Dan Senor, who was coalition authority chief who later went on to be Chief White House Counsel under Bush.

Wolfe has ties to Homeland Security, the Middle East. the US Import Export Bank, Poland and Central Europe

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012

Kelley sounds like a full blown ho! I wonder if she does gangbangs with these guys.

by Anonymousreply 1511/14/2012

[quote]Kelley has a teabagger friend who happens to be an FBI agent

Can you be a teabagger AND work for the government?

by Anonymousreply 1611/14/2012

[quote]Can you be a teabagger AND work for the government?

Oh Baby Lamb, between Social Security, Medicare, military pensions, military disability, farm subsidy payments, and government pensions, it's a rare teabagger indeed who isn't sucking on the Government tit in one form or another.

Even they aren't directly cashing a check themselves, most live in Red States that receive more money back from the Federal Government than they ever pay into the system in taxes.

by Anonymousreply 1711/14/2012

Law enforcement types tend to be Republicans or teabaggers. Police, FBI, CIA, Military all take govt paychecks but lean towards the conservative parties.

by Anonymousreply 1811/14/2012

Yes, but being an actual government EMPLOYEE seems at odds with all that teabaggery (based on my limited understanding) represents.

by Anonymousreply 1911/14/2012

Forgot to mention the ex-Mr Natalie Khawam's former boss, Don Senor, is very close with Eric Cantor.

Jill Kelly and Natalie Kwaham aren't random Kardashian lookalikes who inexplicably wormed their way into the good graces of top military and intelligence agencies. They have ties to those communities.

by Anonymousreply 2011/14/2012

As I've said...

by Anonymousreply 2111/14/2012

R19, FYI: Being a far right Republican/Teabagger goes hand in hand with being a raging hypocrite. That is standard operating procedure.

by Anonymousreply 2211/14/2012

[quote]Yes, but being an actual government EMPLOYEE seems at odds with all that teabaggery (based on my limited understanding) represents.

The Tea Baggers' capacity to embody contradiction is boundless. They claim to stand for freedom, yet long to take away freedom from women, gays, and non-Christians. They claim to defend the constitution, yet have no respect for the separation of church and state, or for the voting rights of, basically, any Americans who don't share their beliefs. They claim to stand for small government, yet want the government to interfere in the most personal and private areas of Americans' lives. Etc., etc.

It would not surprise me at all if plenty of Tea Baggers bring home a government paycheck each week while railing about those who are financially dependent on the government.

by Anonymousreply 2311/14/2012

Let's not forget the limbless Iraqi orphans. They feel Petraeus' pain too.

by Anonymousreply 2411/14/2012

At least there's no gays involved. But give it time...

by Anonymousreply 2511/14/2012

I still see nothing in this scandal that would make it necessary for Petraeus to resign. Aside from the gossip angle, what harm does an affair do to a person in office? It's not like he sold secrets or committed treason of any kind, right?

I would hazard to guess that many high ranking government officials have affairs, should they all resign over it?

Is he merely resigning because he's embarrassed?

by Anonymousreply 2611/14/2012

Thank you, r9.

I'm not embarrassed by my love of dish. I just couldn't follow this one, perhaps because everyone seemed so boring.

And one of the women (Broadwell or Kelley) is a neighbor of Rielle Hunter? I heard that on the radio yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 2711/14/2012

I'm waiting for the sex tape and the military prostitution ring

by Anonymousreply 2811/14/2012

Just call me PEACHES Petraus!

by Anonymousreply 2911/14/2012

[quote] I still see nothing in this scandal that would make it necessary for Petraeus to resign

They say Broadwell has classified information on her computer that she shouldn't have.

But let's get real -- she's CIA. She probably has a high security clearance.

And Petraeus was breaking military code by having an affair. If the military wants to change that rule, it's up to them.

by Anonymousreply 3011/14/2012

This is an idiotic distraction for the American people. We should be taking Con Edison/ Lipa/Fema to task for their abominable lack of service in the Northeast. Nobody really cares about these rich politicians fucking each other for money and prestige. It's all more People magazine covers and now that the election is over, let's all become celebrity-obsessed sheep again.

by Anonymousreply 3111/14/2012

r30, he is not under military code because he is retired from the military.

The DCI is a civilian position, regardless of how many men who've held the title still use their military rank.

This statute applies to Gen Allen. Although his military career is ending (he's scheduled to be replaced soon), he is still in active service.

As to the "thousands of pages" it's probably attachments, not actual in-screen correspondence.

Why they exist at all is probably intelligence related.

If Kelley is a Maronite, it's very, very likely.

by Anonymousreply 3211/14/2012

R32, It is not known yet how long Petraeus and Broadwell were having an affair. They have known each other for several years. He retired from the military in August 2011. Broadwell's book was published in January 2012.

It is still being investigated whether or not the affair was taking place when he was still in the military.

by Anonymousreply 3311/14/2012

So strange. She lives in NC but was always following Petraeus around in DC and Afghanistan, plus she was a director of a school of counter terrorism at Tufts in Boston. Her brother lives in DC, her husband graduated school in DC. He couldn't get a job closer to DC or Boston? When did she see her kids?

by Anonymousreply 3411/14/2012

[quote] At least there's no gays involved.

Certainly not their stylists.

by Anonymousreply 3511/14/2012

Is there a Classic Illustrated version yet? Or do I have to wait for the HBO movie?

by Anonymousreply 3611/14/2012

Republicans are gross. Look at this nest of them.

by Anonymousreply 3711/14/2012

The Kelley couple look like Teresa and Joe Giudice. And are as slimy.

by Anonymousreply 3811/14/2012

Agent Shirtless REVEALED as Freeper FBI agent Fred Humphries, II - aged 47

by Anonymousreply 3911/14/2012

[quote]Hiis boss was Dan Senor, who was coalition authority chief who later went on to be Chief White House Counsel under Bush.

And Dan Senor is married to former CNN-er Campbell Brown (née Alma Dale Campbell Brown).

by Anonymousreply 4011/14/2012

Only shirtless? What a wimp.

by Anonymousreply 4111/14/2012

This is more complicated than "The Big Sleep".

by Anonymousreply 4211/14/2012

DOVER, Fla. — The F.B.I. agent who helped start the investigation that led to the resignation of David H. Petraeus as C.I.A. director is a “hard-charging” veteran counterterrorism investigator who used his command of French in investigating the foiled “millennium” terrorist plot in 1999, colleagues said on Wednesday.

The agent, Frederick W. Humphries II, 47, took the initial complaint from Jill Kelley, the Tampa, Fla., hostess who was socially active in military circles there, about e-mails she found disturbing that accused her of inappropriately flirtatious behavior toward Mr. Petraeus. The subsequent cyberstalking investigation uncovered an extramarital affair between Mr. Petraeus and Paula Broadwell, his biographer, who agents determined had sent the anonymous e-mails. It also ensnared Gen. John R. Allen, who now commands troops in Afghanistan, after the investigation discovered that he had sent “inappropriate communication” to Ms. Kelley.

Colleagues and news reports described the role of Mr. Humphries, in just his third year at the F.B.I., in building the case against Ahmed Ressam, who was detained as he tried to enter the United States from Canada in 1999 with a plan to set off a bomb at Los Angeles International Airport.

In May 2010, after he had moved to the Tampa field office, Mr. Humphries was attacked outside the gate of MacDill Air Force Base by a disturbed knife-wielding man. He fatally shot the man, and the shooting was later ruled to be an appropriate use of force, according to bureau records and colleagues.

Two former law enforcement colleagues said Mr. Humphries was a solid agent with experience in counterterrorism, conservative political views and a reputation for aggressiveness.

“Fred is a passionate kind of guy,” said one former colleague. “He’s kind of an obsessive type. If he locked his teeth onto something, he’d be a bulldog.”

That description would appear to fit his involvement in the current investigation.

Mr. Humphries passed on Ms. Kelley’s complaint to the cybersquad in the Tampa field office but was not assigned to the case. He was later admonished by supervisors who thought he was trying to insert himself improperly into the investigation.

Convinced that the case was being stalled for political reasons, Mr. Humphries in late October contacted Representative Dave Reichert, a Republican from Washington State, where the F.B.I. agent had worked previously, to inform him of the case. Mr. Reichert put him in touch with the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, who passed the message to the F.B.I. director, Robert S. Mueller III.

Lawrence Berger, the general counsel for the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, who spoke with Mr. Humphries, said that Mr. Humphries only received the information from Ms. Kelley and never played a role in the investigation.

Mr. Berger said that Mr. Humphries and his wife had been “social friends with Ms. Kelley and her husband prior to the day she referred the matter to him.”

“They always socialized and corresponded,” he said.

Mr. Berger took issue with news media reports that have said his client sent shirtless pictures of himself to Ms. Kelley.

“That picture was sent years before Ms. Kelley contacted him about this, and it was sent as part of a larger context of what I would call social relations in which the families would exchange numerous photos of each other,” Mr. Berger said.

The photo was sent as a “joke” and was of Mr. Humphries “posing with a couple of dummies.” Mr. Berger said the picture was not sexual in nature.

In regard to his client speaking with Mr. Cantor, Mr. Berger declined to address the issue, saying only that his client “had followed F.B.I. protocols.”

“No one tries to become a whistle-blower,” he said. “Consistent with F.B.I. policy, he referred it to the proper component.”

by Anonymousreply 4311/14/2012

(cont'd.)

A law enforcement official said that disclosing a confidential investigation even to members of Congress could violate F.B.I. rules. But the official said Mr. Humphries’s conduct was under review and that he had not been suspended or punished in any way.

On Tuesday afternoon, a man standing in the driveway of Mr. Humphries’s home who appeared to be him said, in response to questions from a reporter for The New York Times, that his first name was not Fred. The man then walked into the house, closed the front door and did not respond to the door bell’s being rung several times.

by Anonymousreply 4411/14/2012

This is all a huge plot to distract Americans from the fiscal cliff shit that we should really be shitting ourselves over.

by Anonymousreply 4511/14/2012

As they're calling it on MSNBC, it's a "shiny object" that has mesmerized Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 4611/14/2012

His family calls him betrayedus

by Anonymousreply 4711/14/2012

I guess you could say the General snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

by Anonymousreply 4811/14/2012

I haven't read through this whole thread, so sorry if I'm repeating what has already been stated: Did anyone mention that Broadwell -being the catty bitch that she is- emailed Gen. Allen under the screenname "Kelleypatrol" to say shit about Kelley? He then contacted Kelley to say "Who was that person?" I think that's part of what led to Kelley going to her teabagger buddy.

by Anonymousreply 4911/14/2012

Word, r 45. Whenever there's a salacious scandal going on, I'm suspicious of something far more sinister going on behind the scenes and we're supposed to be distracted by the bullshit by the politicians.

by Anonymousreply 5011/15/2012

HOT EXPLOSIVE BREAKING NEWS: Benghazi-Gate Update 1 of 3

It can now be reported that FBI agent, radical homosexual Frederick Humphries, who is being linked to FBI Division 5 informant Jill Kelley, was himself an FBI Division 5 provocateur who worked for years with known FBI Division 5 black op expert, the late and discredited Ted Gunderson.

Note: Both Humphries and Gunderson helped script a FALSE FLAG terrorist threat against Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) during the BushFRAUD Administration when the source for the alleged threat was an actual fellow FBI Division 5 informant who was tied to a Culver City, California Islamic Mosque, which was nothing more than an FBI Division 5 front whose entire membership were FBI Division 5 informants.

Let us make this clear. There was NO threat against LAX!

We can now divulge that Frederick Humphries, who was assisted by former DHS employee and CNN Bush-Clinton Crime Family stooge Frances Townsend, engaged in the illegal hacking of General Petraeus' email account without a warrant.

This is gestapo activity of the highest order by the rogue, now out of control FBI.

by Anonymousreply 5111/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.