Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hope Solo -- The new Tonya Harding?

SEATTLE -- On the morning before they were supposed to be married, U.S. women's soccer team goalkeeper Hope Solo and former NFL tight end Jerramy Stevens were involved in an altercation that left Stevens in jail and their wedding plans up in the air, police said.

Stevens was arrested early Monday for fourth-degree domestic violence assault but was not charged. He was eventually released when a Kirkland Municipal Court judge ruled there was no evidence connecting him to an assault.

Kirkland police said the case was still under investigation, and charges could be brought later if prosecutors and police find other evidence, a police spokesman told The Associated Press.

Stevens, 33, and Solo, 31, applied for a marriage license Thursday, according to King County records. The couple, who have been in a relationship for two months, were reportedly set to be married on Tuesday.

In the police report, Stevens said he and Solo had been arguing over whether they would live in Washington or Florida after the marriage.

Solo appeared in the courtroom on Tuesday, but left without saying anything to reporters, according to KING-TV.

A call to a number listed for Stevens in court documents went unanswered. A message left at a listed number for Solo was not immediately returned, the AP reported.

Police in Kirkland responded to a disturbance at a home around 3:45 a.m. Monday involving a physical altercation between eight people during a party, said Kirkland Police Lt. Mike Murray.

He said officers contacted several people in the home who appeared intoxicated and didn't cooperate with police, but determined based on information and observations that there was probable cause to arrest Stevens for investigation of fourth-degree assault. Murray didn't identify the alleged victim, but court records show it was Solo, who received a cut to her elbow.

Court documents show that Solo's 34-year-old brother, Marcus, called 911, and that he and Solo told officers there was a party and blamed the disturbance on two to three unknown men who were at the party. Marcus Solo told police he used a stun gun on one of the men, who left the party before police arrived, according to court records.

According to court documents, a police officer found Stevens, "who appeared to be hiding," lying between the bed and the wall in an upstairs bedroom. Stevens told officers he was sleeping on the floor and didn't hear the fight. The officer saw signs of a fight, and dried blood on Stevens' shirt.

The officer noted in his affidavit for probable cause for arrest that he arrested Stevens based on his admission that he argued with Hope Solo, the injury to her elbow, signs of a fight in the bedroom where Stevens was found, and blood on Stevens' shirt.

One 32-year-old woman was taken to the hospital for treatment of a hip injury, and another man suffered multiple bumps, scrapes and contusions, Murray said.

"If officers find that an assault may have taken place, then we have to make an arrest on who we determine is the primary aggressor," Murray said.

Stevens was selected with the No. 28 pick of the 2002 draft by the Seattle Seahawks after playing at the University of Washington. But he also was involved in incidents away from football that included reckless driving charges for crashing into a nursing home.

He was mostly a first-round bust with the Seahawks, except for the 2005 season when he started a career-high 12 games and had 45 receptions as the Seahawks won the NFC championship.

He also was arrested on reckless driving charges in 2003 in a Seattle suburb and in 2007 when he was charged with driving under the influence in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Stevens' most recent arrest came in 2010, while he was playing for Tampa Bay; he was arrested the night before a game for possession of marijuana. He was released almost immediately by the team.

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2013

If they didn't even discuss where'd they'd be living after the wedding...

by Anonymousreply 211/14/2012

...oh no.

what about her longtime bfriend Adrian?

oh dear....

by Anonymousreply 311/14/2012

Her picker sounds broken:

-Reckless driving charges for crashing into a nursing home, while still in college

- Reckless driving charges in 2003 in a Seattle suburb

- Charged in 2007 with driving under the influence in Scottsdale

- Arrested in 2010, the night before a game for possession of marijuana

by Anonymousreply 411/14/2012

To clarify, R4 is about the groom.

by Anonymousreply 511/14/2012

They actually went ahead and got married.

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

There is a marriage made in heaven..........

- they know eachther for 2 month

- the groom is an ex-pro-football player with drug issues

- the bride is an Olympic athlete with definite rage issues as evidenced on Dancing With The Stars

- pre-marital jailtime!!!

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

Her father died in jail, right? Did she say in her biography what he was in for? He was a Vietnam Vet with issues... Maybe substance abuse? Is Hope choosing someone like dad?

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

As I always say...

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

i haz sadz.

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2012

[quote]Why is she such a raging bitch?

Because I can be.

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012

She is such a goddamn mess.

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012

Hope Solo is a soccer player. Therefore, she's a lesbian.

She involuntarily, unconsciously and spontaneously causes trouble because she doesn't want to marry a man, dammit.

by Anonymousreply 1511/14/2012

What does Han think about this?

by Anonymousreply 1611/14/2012

Apparently she's dickamtized by abusive black cock. Why else would she get married after only 2 months?

by Anonymousreply 1711/14/2012

Bitch gets everything she deserves - including a prison sentence!

by Anonymousreply 1811/14/2012

She's a stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!

by Anonymousreply 1911/14/2012

Remember when she said Maks hit her? He was probably just defending himself.

by Anonymousreply 2011/14/2012

[quote]dickamtized by abusive black cock

I can't stop laughing at this description.

by Anonymousreply 2111/14/2012

But, I spelled it wrong, R21. It was supposed to be "dickmatized". I know that's apparent, but I thought I'd correct it.

by Anonymousreply 2211/15/2012

Did Johnny McGovern originate the term "Dickmatized"

by Anonymousreply 2311/15/2012

For somebody who's so physically fit and has such a famously bad attitude, she sure seems to get smacked around by men a lot. Tho'm sure an ex-NFLer would be a lot harder to defend yourself against than a professional ballroom dancer.

by Anonymousreply 2411/15/2012

a tragedy in the making.

by Anonymousreply 2511/15/2012

Stevens Legal Troubles.

If Solo is alive in two months time she will be very lucky.

by Anonymousreply 2611/15/2012

Pic of hubby...

by Anonymousreply 2711/15/2012

Hubby is the guy in the background.

I'd just read about the sexual assault(s) this morning in a reader comment to a newspaper article, and the poster did use the plural.

She has anger issues and can be provacative. Whether or not she herself drinks, that's still dangerous in a situation with a man who has clear substance abuse problems. All the worse because she does drink and loses impulse control. Ugh. The Federation should be concerned.

by Anonymousreply 2811/15/2012

She can thank her father for that mess.

by Anonymousreply 2911/15/2012

Or her mother, R29. I've read a couple of articles this morning and one commenter who read her bio. said that she was conceived in jail during a conjugal visit. Later, her father kidnapped her and her brother from her alcoholic mother. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. Regardless, bad all around.

by Anonymousreply 3011/15/2012

The brother, Marcus, has roughed up Hope before, or so she said in her memoir.

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 3211/15/2012

She must be dumber than a brick to marry such an ugly, retarded, criminal piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3311/15/2012

Did I mention how fucking ugleeee that guy is?

He's also a rapist. He got off because he was a good college football player.

by Anonymousreply 3411/15/2012

Does DL have a celebrity death pool? If so, I'm taking her for the 2013 season.

by Anonymousreply 3511/15/2012

He slipped the woman a date rape drug and then raped her on the side of a fraternity house.

Lead detective said he should have been charged but higher ups let him off.

In a civil suit, he had to pay the woman $300,000.

by Anonymousreply 3611/15/2012

She's gone off the rails pretty quick, meeting a guy AND marrying him within two months? And a guy with all those priors, too. Think she's on drugs? She was always sassy but this is above and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 3711/15/2012

She always seemed somewhat braindamaged to me.

by Anonymousreply 3811/15/2012

Has anyone read her autobiography?

by Anonymousreply 3905/03/2013

I swear I didn't even know I had a daughter!

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!