Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is this a dating warning sign?

I was asked out by someone I've been chatting with off and on for about a year. We met for dinner once a year ago but because we live on opposite sides of the city it was never convenient to get together and he started dating someone else. Well, they broke up and he contacted me again and we talked, mainly via email. He asked me out with one day's notice. I said that I couldn't make it tonight but maybe next week we could get together. He seemed to get upset and abruptly ended contact.

I'm thinking he's emotionally immature and insecure. Bad sign right?

by Anonymousreply 1911/15/2012

Obviously he didn't want to date you. He wanted a hook-up. He was looking for a booty call but wasn't into starting an actual relationship with you.

by Anonymousreply 111/14/2012

How can you tell what his mood is via email? Did he forget to post a cute smiling emoticom?

by Anonymousreply 211/14/2012

He sounds like a jerk. You're better off with out him around.

by Anonymousreply 311/14/2012

Slim pickings available to you OP?

by Anonymousreply 411/14/2012

R2, he just said "oh, well, I guess washing your hair is more important" or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 511/14/2012

He saw it as a sign that you are not head of heels for him and you won't be the rebound who'll give him the ego boost he needs to go after a much better suited candidate for a longterm relationship.

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

What R1 said

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

head over heels, duh.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

OP, if he wasn't worth the effort a year ago because you are on "opposite sides of the city" (wow, what a lame excuse), I can't imagine why you're interested now.

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

Remember, OP: socks go on before shoes.

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

You're both waffling twats.

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2012

what r1 said. But it's only been one day and you're assuming he "abruptly ended contact." Maybe something suddenly came up.

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2012

R9, the city I live in is very large. Opposite sides is like 1 to 1 1/2 hours by car due to traffic. If I'm lucky I can get to my mothers in 1 hour and he lives even further that she does.

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012

He dropped you once before. Why are you even bothering with him again?

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012

Washing your hair! Ha ha. He sounds funny, give him a second chance. You know you're going're a needy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1511/14/2012

Actually, I think you are emotionally immature and insecure, OP. Which is why you are attracting players. Work on your self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 1611/15/2012

OP, you were on a (short or long?) list who in the end (thanks to some comment of yours) didn't make the cut.

by Anonymousreply 1711/15/2012

He needed a place to couch surf with his cats and dogs, OP. You deprived a fellow queen food and shelter; it makes you an animal abuser by default.

Are you by any chance losing your hair?

by Anonymousreply 1811/15/2012

[quote]Well, they broke up and he contacted me again and we talked, mainly via email. He asked me out with one day's notice.

Translation: He was feeling vulnerable and pissy and undesirable because of the breakup; he reached out to you as a rebound; you weren't immediately available; he got even pissier.

by Anonymousreply 1911/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!