Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Identity Theft

Got a call from friend this morning. Fraud Dept at bank said $900 was removed from ATMS. She still has card in her wallet. How long does it for the bank to put the money back in her account? Bills are scheduled to be paid automaically next week.

by Anonymousreply 311/16/2012

While this wasn't a case of identity theft, I did try to withdraw $300 once only to have no money come out. I called customer service and they said that it would auto correct once they balance everything the next day. It didn't. I called again and they put through a formal complaint. About three weeks later the money was redeposited into my account "temporarily" while pending further investigation. A couple of weeks after that, it was determined that my complaint was justified amd the matter was considered closed. Bureaucratic BS...

by Anonymousreply 111/14/2012

It works like this OP - if you owe them money, it comes out of your account faster than you can say, "wha...?" If they owe you money, expect to wait. I got a refund on my VISA, once, and it took almost two weeks to get it credited.

by Anonymousreply 211/14/2012

It can take as long as the bank wants. There are no rules governing this. This is why debit cards are NOT as safe as credit cards, despite the claims.

You should always have ONE bank account with all your money in it and restrict it from having any electronic withdrawals. Then put a few hundred in another checking account and use that for ATM withdrawals.

by Anonymousreply 311/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.